Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids (26323 Views)

The Jollof And Fried Rice With Moi-Moi I Bought ₦4100. / See The Food My Kids Just Had As Lunch. / I Prepared Jollof Rice For New Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by obinna58(m): 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2023
Call ahnie

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by ahnie: 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2023
Let me be...ogini kwa'nu
obinna58:
Call ahnie
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Etosha: 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2023
Since it will be your first time, you won't cook it well... Buy for them from a restaurant.

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by shilz(f): 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2023
fineboynl:
Umm. The stress with fried rice or green rice nor be here.

The preparation is too tasking with the carrot and green beans. Liver, Coloring e.t.c

Coloring is not good. Reasons I don’t like it. You can use the carrot and green beans with jellof rice too.
colouring isn’t necessary..your get the colour from mixture of green vegs and good curry.

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by BABANGBALI: 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2023
Carry olosho go house for one night stand, make she take care of everything for you and your children

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by integrity16(m): 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2023
Lots of videos on YouTube. Go and download.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Opolopoopolonio: 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
OP, There is something fishy about this your post.

Exactly!

His wife leaving him and kids behind to go celebrate elsewhere

@OP It Christmas not Xmas! angry

2 Likes

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Babangidapikin: 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2023
Lol I once cook fried bean as a kid, the end result was me cooking 🔥 fire ....

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Kukutenla: 8:01pm On Dec 29, 2023
mariahAngel:
Recipe for basic Nigerian fried rice.

Ingredients for chicken and stock:

- Chicken
- Onions (chopped)
- Curry powder
- Thyme
- Seasoning (knorr chicken preferably)
- Salt
- A little water (for stock)

Ingredients for vegetables:

- Onions
- Carrots
- Fresh peppers (ata rodo)
- Green peppers
- Green beans
- Spring onions
- Curry powder
- Thyme

All vegetables chopped.

Process:

Step one

Season and cook your chicken as you would with the listed ingredients, until done.
Be sure to have some stock in your chicken, because you're going to use it to cook your rice.

Step two

Cook your rice with the chicken stock and water as required, add seasoning and salt to give taste to your rice.
You can also add curry powder to the rice for aroma and colour.
Seasoning your rice ahead will make it taste better when you eventually mix with the stir fried vegetables.

Step three

If you want your chicken fried, you can start by frying your chicken in the same oil your going to use to fry your vegetables.

Make sure not to fry on high heat, so that your oil does not smoke.

And you don't need much oil.
Shallow frying your chicken is okay.
Just to brown them a little.

Step four

After frying your chicken, proceed to frying your chopped vegetables, starting with onions, carrots, green beans, green peppers, spring onions, thyme, in that order.

Note: You can skip the curry powder if you already added some to the cooked rice, or you can go ahead and add a little.
Curry always does Nigerian fried rice good.

Step five

Add the cooked rice into the stir fried vegetables (or the vegetables to your rice, whichever one is convenient for you)
Mix until well combined.
Taste for salt, and add if needed.

Your basic Nigerian fried rice is ready. Serve with your chicken.🙂
You can ask questions for clarity.
Are you married
If not
Are you available

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by jhesuseun(m): 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2023
Youtube is ur best bet
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by obinna58(m): 8:03pm On Dec 29, 2023
ahnie:
Let me be...ogini kwa'nu
A man and kids are involved, at such stage it’s a duty call and you’re in no position to reject it

You’re his best option
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by ahnie: 8:04pm On Dec 29, 2023
Mariah has already given him heads-up.

Now allow me to breeeve!
obinna58:

A man and kids are involved, at such stage it’s a duty call and you’re in no position to reject it

You’re his best option
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Kukutenla: 8:04pm On Dec 29, 2023
post=127684869:
Yall invited Ladies and Gentlemen.....
It's a weekend thingy 😋
That food is darn ugly
Makes me want to puke 🤮🤮
Delete it
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by tuzle(m): 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2023
FalseProphet1:
This is where your faith comes into play, wash and put the rice into your pot the prophesy to it...

Say the following words...Oh ye rice, transform thine self into fried rice thereof with assorted meats and chicken.

You must say it with confidence and at the top of your voice. I would also recommend that you get a bell and ring when you're doing this prophet exercise, don't bother about your husband, your kids or your neighbours, just do it with confidence in your heart and the raw rice would transform and become fried rice.

This I have seen.
he is the husband

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by ROTTWEILER007: 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2023
silibaba:
Belated Merry Xmas and a properous new year in advance to you all.

Please my wife travelled for the Xmas/new year celebration. Am left with my kids and they have been yelling into my ears that on new year day, is fried rice or nothing.

I know how to cook jollof/white rice. But you see this fried rice, I no sabi shiban.

Please great cooks in the house, I need you all to help me with the recipe as well as the steps involves before I spoil these boys year new day.

Thanks in anticipation.

Am typing on the go so please overlook any error(s)
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:15pm On Dec 29, 2023
mariahAngel:

- Chicken
- Onions (chopped)
- Curry powder
- Thyme
- Salt

- Onions
- Carrots
- Green peppers
- Green beans
- Spring onions
- Curry powder
- Thyme

All vegetables chopped.

Process:

Step one

Season and cook your chicken as you would with the listed ingredients, until done.
Be sure to have some stock in your chicken, because you're going to use it to cook your rice.

Step two

Cook your rice with the chicken stock and water as required, add seasoning and salt to give taste to your rice.
Seasoning your rice ahead will make it taste better when you eventually mix with the stir fried vegetables.

Step three

If you want your chicken fried, you can start by frying your chicken in the same oil your going to use to fry your vegetables.

Step four

After frying your chicken, proceed to frying your chopped vegetables, starting with onions, carrots, green beans, green peppers, spring onions, thyme, in that order.

Note: You can skip the curry powder if you already added some to the cooked rice, or you can go ahead and add a little.

Step five

Add the cooked rice into the stir fried vegetables (or the vegetables to your rice, whichever one is convenient for you)
Mix until well combined.

Ewoooo
Make I keep quiet sha
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Nicepoker(m): 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2023
Kukutenla:

Are you married
If not
Are you available
She has zero character. Better run grin

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Beuberry(f): 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2023
silibaba:

Please my wife travelled for the Xmas/new year celebration. Am left with my kids and they have been yelling into my ears that on new year day, is fried rice or nothing.

I know how to cook jollof/white rice. But you see this fried rice, I no sabi shiban.

Please great cooks in the house, I need you all to help me with the recipe as well as the steps involves before I spoil these boys year new day.

Thanks in anticipation.

I wan epp u
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Ijaya123: 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2023
silibaba:

Thanks in anticipation.

Go to YouTube. There are more than enough video tutorials there.

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Juliearth(f): 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2023
silibaba:

Thanks in anticipation.

I made a post on how to prep this meal. You can refer to that or other videos on YouTube.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by ednut1(m): 8:18pm On Dec 29, 2023
Cooked fried rice for the first time this month. Go on YouTube
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by warrifinest1985: 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2023
silibaba:

Thanks in anticipation.

Funny enough to cook fried rice is easier than jolof rice! Lol he non get any food i non fit cook, maybe it's because i'm a foodie who grew up with alot of girls in our house, aunties and distant cousins, you name it. Now everybody living apart and one of them is late, i swear to God i really miss all of them and i really wish i could go back in time because christmas with them was mad fun

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by dahmie2013: 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
Nice one...
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
silibaba:

Thanks in anticipation.

You should not have used "Am" instead of "I'm or I am" so I stopped reading

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Kukutenla: 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2023
Nicepoker:
She has zero character. Better run grin
Now that's a serious thing to say
Are you sure
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by chinecherem97974: 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2023
Why are you bothering us?YouTube is there, video call you wife, order from fast food.We are getting busy plsWhy are you bothering us?YouTube is there, video call you wife, order from fast food.We are getting busy pls...
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2023
silibaba:

Thanks in anticipation.

Go to youtube. I learnt mine through youtube.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by AncientAlien(m): 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2023
Nairaland resemble YouTube for your face?
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by EbenezerTriumph: 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2023
mariahAngel:

- Chicken
- Onions (chopped)
- Curry powder
- Thyme
- Salt

- Onions
- Carrots
- Green peppers
- Green beans
- Spring onions
- Curry powder
- Thyme

All vegetables chopped.

Process:

Step one

Step two

Step three

Step four

Step five

Mix until well combined.

it's like it's only food you have to bring to the table
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by AncientAlien(m): 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2023
Put oyel for fire. After e don hot wella, rinse your rice and pour it inside the oyel. Food don done.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by We4all: 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2023
Those of you telling him to go to you-tube, did he tell you he didn't know about that platform before coming to Nairaland? If you have nothing to say, why don't you just keep quiet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Drinking Less Of Heineken’s 62 Billion Liters Of Beer / Fufu Is Life. Afang And Fufu. / How To Make Ofe Nsala (white Soup)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.