Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,194 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids (26303 Views)

The Jollof And Fried Rice With Moi-Moi I Bought ₦4100. / See The Food My Kids Just Had As Lunch. / I Prepared Jollof Rice For New Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by besayag: 8:42pm On Dec 29, 2023
Youtube is ur friend
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Benbisco(f): 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2023
fineboynl:
Umm. The stress with fried rice or green rice nor be here.

The preparation is too tasking with the carrot and green beans. Liver, Coloring e.t.c

Coloring is not good. Reasons I don’t like it. You can use the carrot and green beans with jellof rice too.

Ha! No colouring o, unless you are talking about colouring with little turmeric powder or curry powder.Green colouring is a no no mbok.

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Benbisco(f): 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2023
FalseProphet1:
This is where your faith comes into play, wash and put the rice into your pot the prophesy to it...

Say the following words...Oh ye rice, transform thine self into fried rice thereof with assorted meats and chicken.

You must say it with confidence and at the top of your voice. I would also recommend that you get a bell and ring when you're doing this prophet exercise, don't bother about your husband, your kids or your neighbours, just do it with confidence in your heart and the raw rice would transform and become fried rice.

This I have seen.

Na man dey ask this question o.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by rolams(m): 8:52pm On Dec 29, 2023
It's not hard Na!

Shebi you go first cook rice then you fry am after! grin grin angry angry

Na A1 I get for food and nutrition.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by jubrilELsudan: 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2023
AS E BE SO NA TO BOIL THE RICE CUM TAKE ORORO FRYAM OOOOO

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by mariahAngel(f): 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2023
EbenezerTriumph:
it's like it's only food you have to bring to the table

Before nko!
What else do you want on your table if not food?
Food is everything man. smiley
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by mariahAngel(f): 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2023
rolams:
It's not hard Na!

Shebi you go first cook rice then you fry am after! grin grin angry angry

Na A1 I get for food and nutrition.

I know your type. gringrin
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by mikemiyaki: 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2023
The OP is a man not a woman.
FalseProphet1:
This is where your faith comes into play, wash and put the rice into your pot the prophesy to it...

Say the following words...Oh ye rice, transform thine self into fried rice thereof with assorted meats and chicken.

You must say it with confidence and at the top of your voice. I would also recommend that you get a bell and ring when you're doing this prophet exercise, don't bother about your husband, your kids or your neighbours, just do it with confidence in your heart and the raw rice would transform and become fried rice.

This I have seen.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by nnamdi640: 9:00pm On Dec 29, 2023
silibaba:
Belated Merry Xmas and a properous new year in advance to you all.

Please my wife travelled for the Xmas/new year celebration. Am left with my kids and they have been yelling into my ears that on new year day, is fried rice or nothing.

I know how to cook jollof/white rice. But you see this fried rice, I no sabi shiban.

Please great cooks in the house, I need you all to help me with the recipe as well as the steps involves before I spoil these boys year new day.

Thanks in anticipation.

Am typing on the go so please overlook any error(s)
Go to utube, you will see different methods and their recipes
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by DarkLover: 9:00pm On Dec 29, 2023
mariahAngel:
Recipe for basic Nigerian fried rice.

Ingredients for chicken and stock:

- Chicken
- Onions (chopped)
- Curry powder
- Thyme
- Seasoning (knorr chicken preferably)
- Salt
- A little water (for stock)

Ingredients for vegetables:

- Onions
- Carrots
- Fresh peppers (ata rodo)
- Green peppers
- Green beans
- Spring onions
- Curry powder
- Thyme

All vegetables chopped.

Process:

Step one

Season and cook your chicken as you would with the listed ingredients, until done.
Be sure to have some stock in your chicken, because you're going to use it to cook your rice.

Step two

Cook your rice with the chicken stock and water as required, add seasoning and salt to give taste to your rice.
You can also add curry powder to the rice for aroma and colour.
Seasoning your rice ahead will make it taste better when you eventually mix with the stir fried vegetables.

Step three

If you want your chicken fried, you can start by frying your chicken in the same oil your going to use to fry your vegetables.

Make sure not to fry on high heat, so that your oil does not smoke.

And you don't need much oil.
Shallow frying your chicken is okay.
Just to brown them a little.

Step four

After frying your chicken, proceed to frying your chopped vegetables, starting with onions, carrots, green beans, green peppers, spring onions, thyme, in that order.

Note: You can skip the curry powder if you already added some to the cooked rice, or you can go ahead and add a little.
Curry always does Nigerian fried rice good.

Step five

Add the cooked rice into the stir fried vegetables (or the vegetables to your rice, whichever one is convenient for you)
Mix until well combined.
Taste for salt, and add if needed.

Your basic Nigerian fried rice is ready. Serve with your chicken.🙂
You can ask questions for clarity.

Please what is stock(chicken)?
I just ate a boring concoction I made with my ‘dunno how it tastes’ chicken, tired of getting fast foods everyday.

I really missed my girl☹️
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by YOUNGELDER1(m): 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2023
Watch YouTube videos
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by membranus: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2023
Galaxyss:
Buy chicken republic pour am inside pot and serve them.

Chicken Republic Fried and Jollof Rice are tasteless foods.

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by GboyegaD(m): 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2023
mariahAngel:

- Chicken
- Onions (chopped)
- Curry powder
- Thyme
- Salt

- Onions
- Carrots
- Green peppers
- Green beans
- Spring onions
- Curry powder
- Thyme

All vegetables chopped.

Process:

Step one

Season and cook your chicken as you would with the listed ingredients, until done.
Be sure to have some stock in your chicken, because you're going to use it to cook your rice.

Step two

Cook your rice with the chicken stock and water as required, add seasoning and salt to give taste to your rice.
Seasoning your rice ahead will make it taste better when you eventually mix with the stir fried vegetables.

Step three

If you want your chicken fried, you can start by frying your chicken in the same oil your going to use to fry your vegetables.

Step four

After frying your chicken, proceed to frying your chopped vegetables, starting with onions, carrots, green beans, green peppers, spring onions, thyme, in that order.

Note: You can skip the curry powder if you already added some to the cooked rice, or you can go ahead and add a little.

Step five

Add the cooked rice into the stir fried vegetables (or the vegetables to your rice, whichever one is convenient for you)
Mix until well combined.

You left Shrimp and Liver.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by mariahAngel(f): 9:11pm On Dec 29, 2023
GboyegaD:

You left Shrimp and Liver.

I intentionally left out a few things.

If you want to teach a novice how to do something, teach them the most basic first, otherwise, they might not bother doing it. cheesy
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by mariahAngel(f): 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2023
DarkLover:

Please what is stock(chicken)?
I just ate a boring concoction I made with my ‘dunno how it tastes’ chicken, tired of getting fast foods everyday.

I really missed my girl☹️

It's the liquid you get from cooking your chicken.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by rolams(m): 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2023
mariahAngel:

I know your type. gringrin

Hahahaha!

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by abobote: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2023
This is one food my wife cook very well

With all her stubbornness, food side she de try

You mean you can't tell your kids that you can't do it. Are you afraid of them or what?
Your wife is not around period

2 Likes

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by ThothHermes: 9:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
Why not just ask your wife?
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by MrJames007: 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2023
silibaba:

Please my wife travelled for the Xmas/new year celebration. Am left with my kids and they have been yelling into my ears that on new year day, is fried rice or nothing.

I know how to cook jollof/white rice. But you see this fried rice, I no sabi shiban.

Please great cooks in the house, I need you all to help me with the recipe as well as the steps involves before I spoil these boys year new day.

Thanks in anticipation.

Seriously
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by SpicyMimi(f): 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2023
silibaba:

Thanks in anticipation.

It’s Christmas plssssss not x whatever !!!
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by SMEpromote: 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2023
mariahAngel:

- Chicken
- Onions (chopped)
- Curry powder
- Thyme
- Salt

- Onions
- Carrots
- Green peppers
- Green beans
- Spring onions
- Curry powder
- Thyme

All vegetables chopped.

Process:

Step one

Step two

Step three

Step four

Step five

Mix until well combined.

Posts like this one quoted above are some of the reasons I still visit nairaland.com despite all the efforts of the tribal bigots and paid political apologists to make me quit.

I'm in a similar situation as the OP, and I find this very useful; it came timely too. I definitely will be trying this recipe out come new year day.

Thanks so much @mariahAngel for sharing, it's highly appreciate.

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by joepepsy(m): 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2023
My man that year of buhari,compliment of the season,must find you when I reach naija.
post=127684867:
From the kitchen of dem MANNA....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by UptownVibes(m): 9:59pm On Dec 29, 2023
Premiumbuy:
Premium Be Unto You

Fast food made things easier since its just a one-off thing, my 2cents.
Fast food meals that are like very strong roasted corn these days.. After eating the chicken,you will wanna throw up.

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Abemy(m): 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2023
silibaba:

Thanks in anticipation.

There are zillions of tutorial videos on YouTube, go download and learn.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by mariahAngel(f): 10:15pm On Dec 29, 2023
SMEpromote:

Posts like this one quoted above are some of the reasons I still visit nairaland.com despite all the efforts of the tribal bigots and paid political apologists to make me quit.

I'm in a similar situation as the OP, and I find this very useful; it came timely too. I definitely will be trying this recipe out come new year day.

Thanks so much @mariahAngel for sharing, it's highly appreciate.

You're welcome. smiley

It really helps to have all your ingredients ready before you start cooking. To avoid confusion/panic.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2023
post=127684867:
From the kitchen of dem MANNA....
Are those things a sacrifice or what? That can't be a chicken, it must be V meat..
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Antoeni(m): 10:19pm On Dec 29, 2023
Wife Material Spotted
mariahAngel:

- Chicken
- Onions (chopped)
- Curry powder
- Thyme
- Salt

- Onions
- Carrots
- Green peppers
- Green beans
- Spring onions
- Curry powder
- Thyme

All vegetables chopped.

Process:

Step one

Step two

Step three

Step four

Step five

Mix until well combined.

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Silentgroper(m): 10:21pm On Dec 29, 2023
Why stress yourself when you can hire a cook or better still get a side chic ...

Atlesst one that knows how to cook fried rice ...
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Ybaby: 10:24pm On Dec 29, 2023
mariahAngel:

- Chicken
- Onions (chopped)
- Curry powder
- Thyme
- Salt

- Onions
- Carrots
- Green peppers
- Green beans
- Spring onions
- Curry powder
- Thyme

All vegetables chopped.

Process:

Step one

Step two

Step three

Step four

Step five

Mix until well combined.

Following

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Ndipe(m): 10:32pm On Dec 29, 2023
Tell your kids to be grateful that they have food to eat in the challenging economic times in Nigeria where starving people will gladly swap position with them. Then stick with either preparing jollof or rice and stew for them and if they don't like it, so be it. What else? Tomorrow, they will demand for a limousine to drive them to school?
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Sucolee(m): 10:52pm On Dec 29, 2023
silibaba:

Thanks in anticipation.

why asking when you have a smart phone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 / Nigerians Drinking Less Of Heineken’s 62 Billion Liters Of Beer / Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.