Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids (26319 Views)

The Jollof And Fried Rice With Moi-Moi I Bought ₦4100. / See The Food My Kids Just Had As Lunch. / I Prepared Jollof Rice For New Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by EbenezerTriumph: 11:03pm On Dec 29, 2023
mariahAngel:

Before nko!
What else do you want on your table if not food?
Food is everything man. smiley
I also cook as well but not rich delicacies like yours.
How do you do it under this emilokan regime wey inflation wan finish people like us.
Are you into Yahoo? I dey see your appetising foods and I most times wonder if you take them from Google grin
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by allabig(m): 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2023
This poat made me to remember when o was small and we would be cooking sand and random leaves with real fire.. omo. My mumu for small na another level
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Pat081: 11:51pm On Dec 29, 2023
Tjra:
Why not order from a good fast food?
in Nigeria of today how many will he /she will order that will b okay for the family
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by koolaid87: 1:46am On Dec 30, 2023
Instead of coming here, you would have learned by going on YouTube
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by DDIA: 2:05am On Dec 30, 2023
Dialpad:
What about your wife ? Can't you call on a video call while she guides you or are you looking for something else from "females in the house"
He can invite a female neighbor to help him out grin

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Goalnaldo(m): 2:53am On Dec 30, 2023
Look like you are looking for something else like someone up there pointed out. Because why do you have an internet enabled device? Stuffs like this is why YouTube exist.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by bottlewater1(m): 3:06am On Dec 30, 2023
mariahAngel:
Recipe for basic Nigerian fried rice.

Ingredients for chicken and stock:

- Chicken
- Onions (chopped)
- Curry powder
- Thyme
- Seasoning (knorr chicken preferably)
- Salt
- A little water (for stock)

Ingredients for vegetables:

- Onions
- Carrots
- Fresh peppers (ata rodo)
- Green peppers
- Green beans
- Spring onions
- Curry powder
- Thyme

All vegetables chopped.

Process:

Step one

Season and cook your chicken as you would with the listed ingredients, until done.
Be sure to have some stock in your chicken, because you're going to use it to cook your rice.

Step two

Cook your rice with the chicken stock and water as required, add seasoning and salt to give taste to your rice.
You can also add curry powder to the rice for aroma and colour.
Seasoning your rice ahead will make it taste better when you eventually mix with the stir fried vegetables.

Step three

If you want your chicken fried, you can start by frying your chicken in the same oil your going to use to fry your vegetables.

Make sure not to fry on high heat, so that your oil does not smoke.

And you don't need much oil.
Shallow frying your chicken is okay.
Just to brown them a little.

Step four

After frying your chicken, proceed to frying your chopped vegetables, starting with onions, carrots, green beans, green peppers, spring onions, thyme, in that order.

Note: You can skip the curry powder if you already added some to the cooked rice, or you can go ahead and add a little.
Curry always does Nigerian fried rice good.

Step five

Add the cooked rice into the stir fried vegetables (or the vegetables to your rice, whichever one is convenient for you)
Mix until well combined.
Taste for salt, and add if needed.

Your basic Nigerian fried rice is ready. Serve with your chicken.🙂
You can ask questions for clarity.

Thank you for this detailed explanation please what is the meaning of stock ?

1 Like

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by rickleye: 3:38am On Dec 30, 2023
silibaba:
Belated Merry Xmas and a properous new year in advance to you all.

Please my wife travelled for the Xmas/new year celebration. Am left with my kids and they have been yelling into my ears that on new year day, is fried rice or nothing.

I know how to cook jollof/white rice. But you see this fried rice, I no sabi shiban.

Please great cooks in the house, I need you all to help me with the recipe as well as the steps involves before I spoil these boys year new day.

Thanks in anticipation.

Am typing on the go so please overlook any error(s)

Bro you have 2 options …

Option 1
Ask a side chic or female church member to make the food and present it like you cooked it .

Option 2
Order it and have it delivered.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by rickleye: 3:40am On Dec 30, 2023
bottlewater1:

Thank you for this detailed explanation please what is the meaning of stock ?

Chicken stock otherwise known as Chicken Broth. The liquid that you get from boiling beef or chicken.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Felix6: 4:18am On Dec 30, 2023
FalseProphet1:
This is where your faith comes into play, wash and put the rice into your pot the prophesy to it...

Say the following words...Oh ye rice, transform thine self into fried rice thereof with assorted meats and chicken.

You must say it with confidence and at the top of your voice. I would also recommend that you get a bell and ring when you're doing this prophet exercise, don't bother about your husband, your kids or your neighbours, just do it with confidence in your heart and the raw rice would transform and become fried rice.

This I have seen.
verily I say unto you, for everything you wrote up there are truth and life, for they shall only come to pass with undiluted faith. Amen and Amen.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Britishpea: 4:48am On Dec 30, 2023
You go still ask us to teach you how t Bleep your wife
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by HeadNigga: 5:11am On Dec 30, 2023
EbenezerTriumph:
it's like it's only food you have to bring to the table
but food is what is actually needed at the table.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by FireUpNow(m): 5:52am On Dec 30, 2023
Ask your friends, neighbors and ladies around you and I am sure you going get enough practicals from them so that your kids can enjoy you..
Check my signature for affordable meal plan for people living with diabetes for a healthy living life style

👇👇
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by coputa(m): 5:59am On Dec 30, 2023
silibaba:

Please my wife travelled for the Xmas/new year celebration. Am left with my kids and they have been yelling into my ears that on new year day, is fried rice or nothing.

I know how to cook jollof/white rice. But you see this fried rice, I no sabi shiban.

Please great cooks in the house, I need you all to help me with the recipe as well as the steps involves before I spoil these boys year new day.

Thanks in anticipation.

put a phone call across to your wife to tell you what to do, social media has turned some of you into slaves.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by coputa(m): 6:03am On Dec 30, 2023
HeadNigga:
but food is what is actually needed at the table.
'Table'here means anything contributed towards running of the home.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by cardoctor(m): 6:07am On Dec 30, 2023
Go to YouTube. There's enough tutorial videos there. Dont forget to thank me later and also dont forget my rice with fried meat.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by coputa(m): 6:29am On Dec 30, 2023
rickleye:

Bro you have 2 options …

Option 1
Ask a side chic or female church member to make the food and present it like you cooked it .

Option 2
Order it and have it delivered.
What if the kids tell their mother when she comes back.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by sammirano: 6:29am On Dec 30, 2023
Just pay someone to do the cooking already. Its a small price to pay
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by HeadNigga: 6:44am On Dec 30, 2023
coputa:
'Table'here means anything contributed towards running of the home.
I know...that was a joke.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by cybergawd: 6:48am On Dec 30, 2023
Since your wife isn't around, bring your side chick home to help you make the fried rice. Lock up the children in your room, engage them with your phones, make sure you have enough data for them. That way dem no go cast you; See No Evil, Hear No Evil. Boom!! Fried rice is served after one or two quickies on the kitchen island.
Happy New Year!!!
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by NOBLE179(m): 7:03am On Dec 30, 2023
go watch YouTube on that.
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by coputa(m): 7:18am On Dec 30, 2023
HeadNigga:
I know...that was a joke.
ok
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Hopefullyy: 7:43am On Dec 30, 2023
Cook your rice with the chicken stock and water as required, add seasoning and salt.
You can ask questions for clarity.[/quote]

Thanks so much for this.. pls wats chicken stock
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by nguyentuy: 7:45am On Dec 30, 2023
https://nas.io/hd-esan-hd--2-p9pu
silibaba:

Thanks in anticipation.

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by Sunnyb10(m): 7:52am On Dec 30, 2023
follow 'Ify's kitchen' on WhatsApp page, the videos are there on how to cook all Nigeria's food. this link is for the fried rice you requested for..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z6X6pmcO1k?si=OaPTFU8xsJF6l76X
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by NohurryInLife: 8:05am On Dec 30, 2023
FalseProphet1:
This is where your faith comes into play, wash and put the rice into your pot the prophesy to it...

Say the following words...Oh ye rice, transform thine self into fried rice thereof with assorted meats and chicken.

You must say it with confidence and at the top of your voice. I would also recommend that you get a bell and ring when you're doing this prophet exercise, don't bother about your husband, your kids or your neighbours, just do it with confidence in your heart and the raw rice would transform and become fried rice.

This I have seen.
Werey prophet grin
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by illicit(m): 8:09am On Dec 30, 2023
fineboynl:
Umm. The stress with fried rice or green rice nor be here.

The preparation is too tasking with the carrot and green beans. Liver, Coloring e.t.c

Coloring is not good. Reasons I don’t like it. You can use the carrot and green beans with jellof rice too.

Lol

No colouring added

The colour is from the vegetables and ingredients especially green peas and sweet corn

😁
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by illicit(m): 8:10am On Dec 30, 2023
Hopefullyy:
Cook your rice with the chicken stock and water as required, add seasoning and salt.
You can ask questions for clarity.

Thanks so much for this.. pls wats chicken stock

The water u used to cook ur chicken
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by rapheal5(m): 8:37am On Dec 30, 2023
DarkLover:

Please what is stock(chicken)?
I just ate a boring concoction I made with my ‘dunno how it tastes’ chicken, tired of getting fast foods everyday.

I really missed my girl☹️
omi Eran now
Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by rapheal5(m): 8:38am On Dec 30, 2023
SpicyMimi:

It’s Christmas plssssss not x whatever !!!

Re: New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids by miqos02(m): 8:49am On Dec 30, 2023
silibaba:

Thanks in anticipation.

don't forget to show us the result of

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Drinking Less Of Heineken’s 62 Billion Liters Of Beer / How To Make Ofe Nsala (white Soup) / Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.