Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,474 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. (44738 Views)

I Sold My Husband’s House And Relocated To The USA / How Pregnancy Changed My Wife / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Westwood2580: 6:28pm On Jan 11
ahnie:
I love stories like this.... nowadays you g boys nor wan work...Na to dey wear dirty jeans and dirty dreadlocks dey Waka de fyne who dem go dupe.

Hard work aka working smart pays...

Udo
wetin concern yahoo boys and the post.. Madam rest before u quote me I'm not a yahoo boy..
Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by DesChyko: 7:01pm On Jan 11
StrongAlphMale:

He told you the plain truth but as expected the Simpson in you no allow you get sense.

Dude what's so intriguing in her comment? U dey find kpekpus? She's a single mother with 2 abi 3 kids. The joke is on you

This was last year gist, Oga
Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Tetraozonaitera: 7:42pm On Jan 11
Nice2023:

One of the major things that broke that jinx was me,moving away from Lagos state and relocating to another state.
It was the best thing that ever happened to me.

This is what most going through hardship should consider. When you leave your immediate environment to a new place. There won't be shame to do less honorable works (menial jobs) to survive and who knows. Through such work you might become mighty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Godwins4: 8:01pm On Jan 11
Amen oo, I am motivated by this.
Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Fearyourcreator: 8:14pm On Jan 11
Acidosis:
People still sell fish and soap till date. Selling fish is not another grass [to grace story]. You were simply doing a proper job to survive like everyone else. Those selling dried fish till date so we can eat are not stup!d. Many people built big houses by selling dried fish. It's unfortunate you couldn't do much with that business.

Making certain businesses look like "grass " is a serious issue in this country.
Smiles ... I tell you ...little school wey some go like this them go dey look down at people not working in an office

2 Likes

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by dmgr(m): 9:03pm On Jan 11
[quote author=Iluvmycontr3 post=127891723]As for me i prefer to call it struggle instead of (suffering)

We struggle in order to break the yoke of poverty because our dear nation has no such thing as financial security or social welfare for the citizenry🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

[b]#NEVER GIVE UP; for the devil doesn't know what to do with a man that doesn't know how to give up💪
Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by StrongAlphMale: 10:10pm On Jan 11
DesChyko:

This was last year gist, Oga

Didn't checked the date. Sorry bro I just saw the date now. Nairaland mods are on Colos
Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Gentlesoul2021(m): 11:11pm On Jan 11
Nice2023:
Life is like a seed when we water it very well.

Just like the story goes...I have personally sold soap and dried fish in Lagos state,in fact things were very bad for my parents in those days and I could also remember when my father was buoyant and financially capable. I sold fish at cele market called Odi eron and also sold dried fish around isolo area before God helped my parents to see me through my University education.

Today,I have ended their sufferings and subsequently brighten their face with the little I could offer and they are more than glad to move to into a new home for their retirements.

Finally,I want to urge u out there that is suffering today,that with determination and perseverance u can make it and turn the story of ur family around for the better. Just have that faith and see things turn around for good.

Good luck and make it a duty to make it and do not allow any distraction.

While going through school, I turned to alot of hustle just to keep body and soul...

I have worked in a block industry as a mixer Nd as a carrier. I have loaded all this long dyna truck packed with blocks Nd followed go site go offload. Also I have worked with all those local man wey Dey make blocks as a mixer. Countless times, I have fetch water used for making blocks or for site use...

Many times I Dey go clear/cut grass for site and also packing sand to fill newly contructed buildings for some raba.

Numerous times I have been a labor worker to masons on building site Nd I have also follow tillers go work as laborer.

I have worked in a printing factory where high security questions are printed like waec, neco, jamb(during those olden ppt days) where dem go lock person up for 3months or more depending on the type of exams going on with constant work day Nd night.

I have worked in a rental services loading chairs, tents and other equipment go locations set it up Nd pack it back after usage.

I have worked in a cassava processing factory. Sometime I peel cassava for little doe or work in sieving cassava for someone that will fry it.

I have also worked in the farm during those days wey my parent b farmers. We Dey grow crops to eat and also sell so I can tell u it’s somewhat a large scale stuff.

All these I stopped in 2020 after over 10 years, cos it had a toll on my health with constant back pain...
Thank God we didn't look like what we passed thru..

Now I dey enter bush to scout for product (charcoal) and resell in the city while also looking for other opportunities...

Brother don’t get yourself worried, depressed or worked up keep pushing, it’s just only rough but things go make sense. I applaud your effort for not indulging in fraudulent act. All the best man.!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by yad2eidi: 11:52pm On Jan 11
Nice2023:

U wey still dey battle ezecma too talk...shameless!

It is because of people like u that I write my story here often.

I am a level 10 officer soon to be 12 in a big office. I was a banker before I got this job.

I am also a business financier.

My records are clean...I haven't stolen from any man on earth before and not even now.

I am not bother at all.

Pls,arrange ur life well and stop the hate. I will continue to speak about myself. U are just angry a d terrible because u don't know my story.

if you like write one full book, you go explain tire. na seun i blame for allowing useles little yahoo retards to dey post rubish here. ogun kee you there
Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by MrBroke(m): 9:38am On Jan 12
occfx:

It's a Nigerian mentality and I don't know why. That was why we left agriculture and complain of hunger. I don't know what Britain did to our heads... I want to take this fight to them with MNK. They washed our brains with soap and water and watch us degenerate. What's wrong with selling fish, if nobody sells fish, how would you eat fish. This zoo is fuckkkin disgusting.

The average Nigerian doesn't think straight. grin
It's a sad reality

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by RepoMan007: 1:01pm On Jan 12
Thank God nobody tied down your spirit and distribute your life in exchange for stout n pepper soup.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! / Because I Am A Woman! / I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.