Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,968 members, 7,814,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? (2269 Views)

Nuhu Ribadu Visits The Headquarters Of SSS and NIA. / Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by Ikinternational: 7:32am On Dec 30, 2023
chopnaira:

But ibos were the majority shouting Yoruba Muslim upandan on Nairaland, twitter, Facebook and other social media sites as if that would even decide how the SW would vote in the election.

Sorry sir
I forgot igbos get specialized tribal keystrokes

Oya March On
Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by faceland: 7:35am On Dec 30, 2023
Very very foooqin true.

The brief Nairaland takedown amplified the tribalism that was already present on Twitter. Twitter is also a safe place for racist white supremacists. It is almost impossible to be banned on Twitter, thanks to the slowpoke and conman Elon Musk.

By this time next year, even Nairaland would rank more than Twitter. Twitter would be filled with degenerates.

1 Like

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by Bobloco: 7:42am On Dec 30, 2023
Alexis11:

This is what you expect when we make it a "we against them" situation

We warned the Obidients.

And the Obidients warned the Agbadorians and Bulabans when they were encourage a notorious narcotics drug trafficker engaging in criminal state capture, a certified certificate forger of international dimension, an ethnic and tribal bigot who hired fake pastors and clergymen to endorse his demonic same faith ticket and ran the most religiously and ethnically emilokan divisive campaign ever witnessed in the history of this country.

2 Likes

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by accordadoga21(f): 7:52am On Dec 30, 2023
Jerk1:
Am a top poster there giving it to them back to back. Am among the popular banters their since nairaland restricted me, I found a safe haven there.

Hehehe

Please help me with the Twitter page

The mod.s are choking me here.
Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by accordadoga21(f): 7:54am On Dec 30, 2023
LegendHero:
On Twitter, it is multiple fronts.

—Yoruba vs Igbo

—Hausa/Fulani vs Middlebelt Christians

The other tribes then switch loyalty to join the fight of the above two and sometimes they are just neutral.

I don’t think the fight will ever end until end of Tinubu tenure. People don’t even care about governance again, any simple thing na full blow Twitter war.

Help with the Twitter page

Piggy must collect wotowoto

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by FoolishBoy419: 7:54am On Dec 30, 2023
JagabanB:

The people in government didn't îñstigate the tribaIism, the màssès îñstigated it.
UnIess u want to prètènd that u have not been seeing comments on social media space since 2022 primary elections and after.
The Iikes of P-Square are part of it, those in government didn't start it.

It actually started in 2015 shortly after Buhari won the election. Since then, people from mostly the South East started throwing all sorts of insults and genocidal wishes against northerners. It only seems worse now because Yorubas, unlike Hausas, are retaliating.

8 Likes

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by FoolishBoy419: 8:13am On Dec 30, 2023
Antivirus92:
yea, it's always the igbos, obidients, ipob starting or instigating the fight.
Just go through the comments, the inferiority complex ravaged region of south west are even trying to get the northern support. Just like cowards they are, one even said that they can't keep quiet like northerners for 8 years. It's always igbos starting it, bunch of hypocrites. But in reality, nobody in Nigeria is more tribalistic than the Yorubas yet they must always blame others for this or that especially igbos.

They are not looking for northern support. They are telling the truth. You guys insulted the hell out of us just because of Buhari and even prayed for all of us to die. That will never be forgotten.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by FoolishBoy419: 8:17am On Dec 30, 2023
chopnaira:

Y'll are the embodiment of inferiority complex. Wetin concern Yoruba with The North. You guys always think the Northerners are stupid. Same mistake your Azikiwe made in the 1950s thinking he could control the abokis. You think they did not know that it was the ibos that were constantly insulting them for 8 years LMAO.

There is a video on YouTube and Facebook where an Ibo pastor made a statement that 1 Ibo man equals 500 Hausa men. He called Buhari a brain dead cow. Your kith and Kin cheered and clapped. Even Obi spent a cross over night at the same pastor's church to honour the bigoted pastor .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2cVeSaVxxg?si=EVHXBfDuiLjSxeZB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDv8c_Ltbls?si=HtwaoHK7dkuDTrUm

Thank you! They think we are morons suffering from amnesia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by tsdarkside(m): 8:23am On Dec 30, 2023
stanluiz:
The same law applies to you people.

If igbos start. The likes you will start crying and creating thread how igbos hate and are dividing Yoruba along religion line like Yoruba Muslims and Christain bla bla bla

na you ibos dey cry the most....

we are havin fun....
dont worry....shebi na only yorubas be una problem....

wait until other tribes get addicted to bashin una too....
south southerners have already started lovin it too....

una just no wan learn....
you think you have sometype of licence to be insultin others abi....

okay....continue....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by madridguy(m): 9:46am On Dec 30, 2023
We warned them after the general election that Yoruba are not like Hausa/Fulani, stop the hate and move on..they called us many names but today they are receiving woto woto left and right...

Twitter come sweet now grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by happney65: 9:53am On Dec 30, 2023
madridguy:
We warned them after the general election that Yoruba are not like Hausa/Fulani, stop the hate and move on..they called us many names but today they are receiving woto woto left and right...

Twitter come sweet now grin

Of course. The Hausa Fulani no send you tribalist. They slaughter we Yoruba's in the city and the villages. But what do you bulabalu people do when we are slaughtered by the Hausa fulani's? You go hiding. Isn't it?

Bunch of cowards grin

1 Like

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by ProblemChild1: 11:13am On Dec 30, 2023
chopnaira:

If anything similar to what happened in Rwanda happens in Nigeria, the people far away from home will be the most affected. It will be another repeat of the 1966. Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it
Exactly? Because there are many yorubas in Igboland too. Many I swear?
Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by Antivirus92(m): 11:23am On Dec 30, 2023
FoolishBoy419:

They are not looking for northern support. They are telling the truth. You guys insulted the hell out of us just because of Buhari and even prayed for all of us to die. That will never be forgotten.
yes, absolutely, it was only the igbos that felt the Buhari's terrible government. It was only felt in the south east that's why only Igbos insulted Buhari. I am not a coward and I am not from the lineage of cowards. We spoke out against Buhari's bad government just like every other Nigerian did. I can never be like those people who are too cowardly to admit they did even though they did. Every Nigerian spoke against Buhari's government because it was terrible, northerners included.
Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by Antivirus92(m): 11:32am On Dec 30, 2023
chopnaira:

Y'll are the embodiment of inferiority complex. Wetin concern Yoruba with The North. You guys always think the Northerners are stupid. Same mistake your Azikiwe made in the 1950s thinking he could control the abokis. You think they did not know that it was the ibos that were constantly insulting them for 8 years LMAO.

There is a video on YouTube and Facebook where an Ibo pastor made a statement that 1 Ibo man equals 500 Hausa men. He called Buhari a brain dead cow. Your kith and Kin cheered and clapped. Even Obi spent a cross over night at the same pastor's church to honour the bigoted pastor .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2cVeSaVxxg?si=EVHXBfDuiLjSxeZB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDv8c_Ltbls?si=HtwaoHK7dkuDTrUm
when you're done crying, you let me know. Like we have forgotten how you guys cheered on when python dance was killing our youths and burning down our villages. Like you have forgotten how you guys cheered Buhari when he called us dot in the circle, five percent and how Buhari openly stated that benefitting from his government should be according to the number of support he got from the regions. You guys celebrated and made mockery of us in all these occasions. But here you are in your typical chameleon - like nature your people are known for trying to play with the emotion of the Northern people to gain cheap support as cowards that you are
Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by JagabanB: 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2023
FoolishBoy419:

It actually started in 2015 shortly after Buhari won the election. Since then, people from mostly the South East started throwing all sorts of insults and genocidal wishes against northerners. It only seems worse now because Yorubas, unlike Hausas, are retaliating.
Exactly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by chopnaira: 2:57pm On Dec 30, 2023
rinzaugustine:
the war was between igbos and Britain .Read history books in library if you can read because they are free. If Britain had stepped out of the way igbos would have made peeper soup with your fathers and grandfathers corn shaped cowardly heads hahaha 😝 tinubu Agbado starvation don frustrate and finish una hahaha 🤣
You should be thanking your stars for France that assisted and kept supplying ammunitions to the riff Raff rebels.

That region would have been wiped off the face of the earth grin

Even with the support of France, 3 million ibos ☠️
So bad they started feasting on themselves. There is a reason parents from that region shit themselves at the mention of Benjamin Adekunle 😂

5 Likes

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by chopnaira: 3:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
Antivirus92:
when you're done crying, you let me know. Like we have forgotten how you guys cheered on when python dance was killing our youths and burning down our villages. Like you have forgotten how you guys cheered Buhari when he called us dot in the circle, five percent and how Buhari openly stated that benefitting from his government should be according to the number of support he got from the regions. You guys celebrated and made mockery of us in all these occasions. But here you are in your typical chameleon - like nature your people are known for trying to play with the emotion of the Northern people to gain cheap support as cowards that you are
Python dance was to prevent you people destroying yourselves while cannibalizing yourself while at it. You should be grateful to Buhari. Obasanjo did worse at Odi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by rinzaugustine: 3:06pm On Dec 30, 2023
chopnaira:

You should be thanking your stars for France that assisted and kept supplying ammunitions to the riff Raff rebels.

That region would have been wiped off the face of the earth grin

Even with the support of France, 3 million ibos ☠️
France that didn’t recognize Biafra or another France? Small pikin brain…I believe being idiots is just a generational curse from where you came from.Use those poverty fingers of your and leave your dirty bed and faeces infested room to go and learn handwork..Like I said if the war starts again today there would be no Britain to protect you cowards ..the only Fulani chased you people into Benin republic IDP camps will be a child’s pay..generational poverty stricken, lazy cowards…continue quoting me igbo financial slave….spits
Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by chopnaira: 3:07pm On Dec 30, 2023
rinzaugustine:
France that didn’t recognize Biafra or another France? Small pikin brain…I believe being idiots is just a generational curse from where you came from.Use those poverty fingers of your and leave your dirty bed and faeces room to go and learn handwork..Like I said if the war starts again today there would be no Britain to protect you cowards ..the only Fulani chased you people into Benin republic IDP camps will be a child’s pay..generational poverty stricken, lazy cowards…continue quoting me igbo financial slave….spits
LMAO. I guess Azikiwe was referring to France in Planet Uranus. People from your region are normally foolish so I understand your plight.

4 Likes

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by rinzaugustine: 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2023
chopnaira:

LMAO. I guess Azikiwe was referring to France in Planet Uranus. People from your region are normally foolish so I understand your plight.
go and learn hand work dirty pig before tinubu starvation send you and your family to death hahahaha😀
Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by Slytiger: 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2023
chopnaira:

Python dance was to prevent you people destroying yourselves while cannibalizing yourself while at it. You should be grateful to Buhari. Obasanjo did worse at Odi.
They just wasted that man. Same people tried to Assisinate the wife when she was alive. Those evil and wicked region do not deserve that great family. Which is even a rarity for people of such calibre to originate from that region.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by Slytiger: 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2023
rinzaugustine:
go and learn hand dirty pig before tinubu starvation send you and your family to death hahahaha😀
While your own people were being given Eba and bitterleaf soup as palliative even before subsidy was removed 🤣

Ibos are poor but they like to broke shame others. Only God knows how many sisters of yours in the village have had their anus' ripped apart after collecting noodles and coke or maybe Pepsi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by JagabanB: 3:15pm On Dec 30, 2023
Kukutenla:

Always ready to defend govt officials since that's where your corn is being boiled.
What was dot in a circle about? What about speak to them in a language they understand? And emilokan by your god?
Politicians are saints who are working day and night for the nation according to you.
Stop deceiving yourself
Your dumb Politicians are the problem
When u are ready to face reaIity, u can soIve the problem.
Many bIamed politicians for decades and dîèd without setting anything right.
Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by rinzaugustine: 3:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
Slytiger:

While your own people were being given Eba and bitterleaf soup as palliative even before subsidy was removed 🤣

Ibos are poor but they like to broke shame others. Only God knows how many sisters of yours in the village have had their anus ripped apart.
they never rely on handouts like you because your people are generational poor and lazy beggars the reason you are always talking about palliatives and begging day and night. Tinubu have already reduced you people to almajiri already …your people are no longer talking about education today, the noble idea of free education awolowo started is now dead and he will weep in his grave to see his people 60 years after wailing for palliatives , wailing online to igbos because they have been crippled and reduced to almajiiris by tinubu….shame shame
Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by LegendHero(m): 3:54pm On Dec 30, 2023
accordadoga21:

Help with the Twitter page

Piggy must collect wotowoto

It’s general Twitter.

Just engage within the Nigeria Twitter community in general and it won’t take you more than 5 minute to start seeing the gbas gbos.
Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by Omoawoke: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2023
Beremx:
Uchu, you don't have any evidence of me celebrating nairaland when it was down. Keep insulting igbos. It won't increase your social status.

Nkita ara

you need to stop lying to yourself and face the truth staring at you eye ball to eye ball.

Your people hate Seun and nairaland only because it is Yoruba. Nothing more and nothing else.

Stop pretending like you guys were caring about one ethnic bigotry because we know it happens worse in other places.
Your people hate too much, think of that. No one will start dishing out hate to you if you didn’t do the hating yourself.
You are nothing special, you are not superior, you are just a normal tribe. The only thing special about you is the hate you give everyone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by Omoawoke: 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2023
LegendHero:

It’s general Twitter.

Just engage within the Nigeria Twitter community in general and it won’t take you more than 5 minute to start seeing the gbas gbos.

But their problem is Seun, mynd44 and NL.

Hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by Beremx(f): 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2023
Omoawoke:

you need to stop lying to yourself and face the truth staring at you eye ball to eye ball.

Your people hate Seun and nairaland only because it is Yoruba. Nothing more and nothing else.

Stop pretending like you guys were caring about one ethnic bigotry because we know it happens worse in other places.
Your people hate too much, think of that. No one will start dishing out hate to you if you didn’t do the hating yourself.
You are nothing special, you are not superior, you are just a normal tribe. The only thing special about you is the hate you give everyone
na you sabi o!! Good luck to you in your bigotry
Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by FoolishBoy419: 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2023
Antivirus92:
yes, absolutely, it was only the igbos that felt the Buhari's terrible government. It was only felt in the south east that's why only Igbos insulted Buhari. I am not a coward and I am not from the lineage of cowards. We spoke out against Buhari's bad government just like every other Nigerian did. I can never be like those people who are too cowardly to admit they did even though they did. Every Nigerian spoke against Buhari's government because it was terrible, northerners included.

Again, you are displaying your victim mentality. The North suffered the worst form of poverty AND INSECURITY under Buhari. And if your problem is with Buhari, why insult Hausas and Fulanis daily for 8 bleeping YEARS? Nobody cares that you insulted Buhari. In fact, I started insulting Buhari in 2017 even though I voted for him in 2015 but you guys insulted the hell out of us for no reason. In fact, typing the word 'foolanie' (minus the 'e') was automatically replaced with 'fulani.' That was the extent of your insults. You celebrated every terrorist attack on us, called us subhumans, said the world would be a better place if we were all cleansed off the earth, but now you are here acting like victims.

You never see anything yet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by abdeefggh: 8:32pm On Dec 30, 2023
stanluiz:
The same law applies to you people.

If igbos start. The likes you will start crying and creating thread how igbos hate and are dividing Yoruba along religion line like Yoruba Muslims and Christain bla bla bla

Lol every knows we yoruba will never cry victim, its not in our nature to cry victim because we return every fire for fire and you will be on the losing side at the end.

u have absolutely nothing on us, u are the ones that is at our mercy, we will deal with you and nothing will happen

3 Likes

Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by Antivirus92(m): 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2023
FoolishBoy419:

Again, you are displaying your victim mentality. The North suffered the worst form of poverty AND INSECURITY under Buhari. And if your problem is with Buhari, why insult Hausas and Fulanis daily for 8 bleeping YEARS? Nobody cares that you insulted Buhari. In fact, I started insulting Buhari in 2017 even though I voted for him in 2015 but you guys insulted the hell out of us for no reason. In fact, typing the word 'foolanie' (minus the 'e') was automatically replaced with 'fulani.' That was the extent of your insults. You celebrated every terrorist attack on us, called us subhumans, said the world would be a better place if we were all cleansed off the earth, but now you are here acting like victims.

you guys are terrible liars like your ancestors. You derive joy in pitting one side with the other side, if not, tell me why you came up with insulting Fulani and hausa. Is it necessary, how many times did hausa okada riders clash with Yorubas in lagos under Buhari?
Do you see us igbos carrying it on our head and making propaganda out of it like you're doing,?
You're just fixated on us because we are everything you will never be.
Re: Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism? by chopnaira: 9:08pm On Dec 30, 2023
FoolishBoy419:

Thank you!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is The Next Governor Of Lagos State??? / Democracy Without Literacy / Efcc, Icpc, Ndlea Are ‘white Elephant Agencies’ – Psc !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.