Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East (6521 Views)

#breaking!!! Soldiers Flee On Sighting The Unknown Gunmen. / Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari / Boko Haram Terrorists Flee On Sighting Troops In Borno State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by jamesversion: 11:36pm On Dec 29, 2023
Igbos, una wahala no be one. grin grin

Actually sha, as an Ikwerre, anytime I'm in Igboland, I feel safe, comfortable and at home. I get that feeling only in Ikwerreland, Ahoada and Igboland.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by ikeno(m): 11:37pm On Dec 29, 2023
I always get excited when driving and sight the bridge after passing asaba and the anxiety follows when driving through.

2 Likes

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Omoawoke: 12:33am On Dec 30, 2023
I come in peace.

If igbos can emulate the way OP did this thread, no comparison, no attack on others, no hate, no chest beating. He just expressed himself and his feeling towards home.
But you can’t expect to be dishing out hate and receive love in return, that’s the foundation of the incessant attacks against anything Igbo on social media.

I wish you a safe visit back home

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Arda1000(m): 12:51am On Dec 30, 2023
You are right but as for me it starts with when I reach Agbor

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Bridget95(f): 2:04am On Dec 30, 2023
The brigbe makes you feel at home

2 Likes

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Tjra: 2:04am On Dec 30, 2023
Buccalcavity2:
How about those Yoruba who live in Lagos but work in the east? How do they feel when the get to the bridge?
My brother, it's a scary feeling ooo

We always pray that God protect us from the violent Ipobdients and that we return back to base alive.

He's really been faithful.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by LooneyLester: 5:04am On Dec 30, 2023
Ontishit the home of piglets

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by FODA(m): 5:15am On Dec 30, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
It's impossible not for feel relax the moment you sight the bridge while traveling from the west to the east as an Igbo man.
This a symbol of peace and resilience against multiple enemies.

You feel calm and joyful. It does not matter how long you have been away or even if you were born outside of Igbo land, you will still feel different whenever you see this bridge. You get this feeling of euphoria on the bridge, seeing the skyline of Onitsha.
And then when the bus or car drops down at onitsha, you take a deep breath and just feel relax like "nothing dey xup again".
imagine if the bridge was not there,it would have turn to Libya to Spain scenero

1 Like

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Evans5g: 5:15am On Dec 30, 2023
Ggg

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Typing: 5:23am On Dec 30, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
It's impossible not for feel relax the moment you sight the b".

Bridge wey we go blow off, when the North finally give Igbo people Biafra grin grin grin
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Typing: 5:25am On Dec 30, 2023
HarryGleb:
No rapist is allowed on that bridge.

But prostitutes are allowed abi? Cause we all know what Igbo women do grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Ofodirinwa: 5:42am On Dec 30, 2023
jamesversion:
Igbos, una wahala no be one. grin grin

Actually sha, as an Ikwerre, anytime I'm in Igboland, I feel safe, comfortable and at home. I get that feeling only in Ikwerreland, Ahoada and Igboland.

When we open the thread of second Ikwerre bridge, we will ask for your input nwanne'm. As of now, chere.

1 Like

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Prigidypogodo(f): 5:46am On Dec 30, 2023
angry
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by BeautifulMind2: 5:51am On Dec 30, 2023
Typing:

Bridge wey we go blow off, when the North finally give Igbo people Biafra grin grin grin
You go still carry this stupidity enter New year, you're enjoying stupidity 😂

3 Likes

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by colossus91(m): 5:51am On Dec 30, 2023
Guy there is an awesome feeling that comes with this bridge no jokes and I love it!

2 Likes

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Couldntfigurean: 6:22am On Dec 30, 2023
I feel it from Delta State that I am home not from Onitsha
The bridge is iconic but that’s not where home starts from

Do nu Shinne

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by jamesversion: 6:45am On Dec 30, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

When we open the thread of second Ikwerre bridge, we will ask for your input nwanne'm. As of now, chere.

Second River Niger Bridge, biko. Bridges full Ikwerreland nwanna. grin

I am joining Ohanaeze Ndigbo youth organisation next year. You guys should wish me well.

5 Likes

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by PlayMaker14: 6:47am On Dec 30, 2023
LooneyLester:
Ontishit the home of piglets
Omoawoke, the hypocrite bridge builder,

What will you say about this fellow?

1 Like

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by VEHINTOLAR: 7:00am On Dec 30, 2023
Gateway to hell !
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by HarryGleb: 7:25am On Dec 30, 2023
Typing:

But prostitutes are allowed abi? Cause we all know what Igbo women do grin
Igbo women are not like your sisters

1 Like

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Splashme: 8:36am On Dec 30, 2023
I'm not Igbo but I can relate

4 Likes

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by dododawa1: 8:39am On Dec 30, 2023
IGBO

Centre of commerce
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Ikinternational: 8:43am On Dec 30, 2023
Ireportlive:

What of baby factory product

The miserables was just lying in wait
Looking for when to pounce

What a life
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by DesChyko: 9:13am On Dec 30, 2023
Omoawoke:
If igbos can emulate the way OP did this thread, no comparison, no attack on others, no hate , no chest beating. He just expressed himself and his feeling towards home.
But you can’t expect to be dishing out hate and receive love in return, that’s the foundation of the incessant attacks against anything Igbo on social media.

Guess the first person to mention hate (twice) on this thread? And there was also talk of baby factory that went largely ignored.

Count your tongue with your teeth.
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by NikoDeBonAmi(m): 9:15am On Dec 30, 2023
A bridge built by an hausa man that the same ibo people hate alot

The same bridge that want to scatter in order to create Biafra.

I don't understand.
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by PlayMaker14: 9:17am On Dec 30, 2023
NikoDeBonAmi:

I don't understand.
Yeah, the Hausa man used his personal money to build it.

Akuya, you opened this account two days ago just to be a f00lish bigot.

6 Likes

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Localemperor: 9:39am On Dec 30, 2023
NikoDeBonAmi:

I don't understand.
Yes the Hausa man harvested his groundnut and use the proceeds to build the bridge. Akuna Nwoke
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by historic: 9:49am On Dec 30, 2023
Yeah that feeling is undescribable... Though it mostly starts from when I enter asaba.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paris Terror Attacks Is Obama And Nato's Handwork / See What El Rufai Posted After Army Killed 3 Of Zakzaky's Children Last Year / Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.