Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East (6525 Views)

#breaking!!! Soldiers Flee On Sighting The Unknown Gunmen. / Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari / Boko Haram Terrorists Flee On Sighting Troops In Borno State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Kevineleven(m): 10:02am On Dec 30, 2023
I hope the Monday sit at home has stop, I lost that feeling when they started forcing hard working people to sit at home on Mondays, that bridge only reminds me of sit at home.
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by plaindealer: 10:14am On Dec 30, 2023
Built by Tafa Balewa

2nd NB built by Buhari

Both Northerners..

The same Hausa Fulani people they love to hate..
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by FatherOfJesus: 10:19am On Dec 30, 2023
plaindealer:
Built by Tafa Balewa

2nd NB built by Buhari

Both Northerners..

it was built by Nigerian government not by northerners. It is not their money

2 Likes

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Kenmatt(m): 10:23am On Dec 30, 2023
I do come home from the other side, not from that Bridge though.

But the last time I passed the Bridge to PH instead of taking Warri, I actually felt calm, love and peace of mind.

4 Likes

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by cheechee1(m): 11:43am On Dec 30, 2023
Bobloco:
This is true.

Even your relatives feel relaxed when you informed them that you are now at head bridge Onitsha

That’s true 😁😁😁😁 Anytime that I tell them that I am at ORE, dem go dey fear. But as soon as I mention Onitsha bridge, they feel safe.

Ndi Igbo Kwenu

3 Likes

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by APOPTOSIS: 12:18pm On Dec 30, 2023
Couldntfigurean:
I feel it from Delta State that I am home not from Onitsha
The bridge is iconic but that’s not where home starts from

Do nu Shinne
You are the only one that made sense so far.
I took time to read through every comment.
You got maturity in you.

1 Like

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Tochj(m): 12:39pm On Dec 30, 2023
That's true
That feeling of AM FINALLY HOME.
Blessed land of Biafra
In my next world
if anything will bring me to Africa
It must be IGBO.

2 Likes

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by BossGerald: 1:01pm On Dec 30, 2023
Tjra:

My brother, it's a scary feeling ooo

We always pray that God protect us from the violent Ipobdients and that we return back to base alive.

He's really been faithful.

Omoawoke what do you tell this your brother?? Shebi name igbos dey first start to insult others??
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Omoawoke: 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2023
BossGerald:

Omoawoke what do you tell this your brother?? Shebi name igbos dey first start to insult others??

I won’t blame him to be honest, the incessant unprovoked attacks against their tribe over the years is what is reflecting back
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by killsmith(f): 1:59pm On Dec 30, 2023
This na our main gate for igboland. Once you cross here you're home
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by APOPTOSIS: 2:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
killsmith:
This na our main gate for igboland. Once you cross here you're home
...what about Asaba, Agbor, etc?
Those are not your homes?
How would an Iconic Bridge be used as a landmark to determine your home when you have siblings across the other side😭😭😭.
Tomorrow you weep those Guys are not carried along when you are just the Chief proponent.
Sometimes I just feel we need to have a Nursery SchooL on Nairaland. Some people just need to start afresh.

Too many useless threads on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by drmuchin: 2:46pm On Dec 30, 2023
Bobloco:
This is true.

Even your relatives feel relaxed when you informed them that you are now at head bridge Onitsha

Biafran War did us a strong thing.
Ozoemena

1 Like

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by lexxwiz(m): 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2023
Whenever I get to this bride, that’s when I start calling my loved ones that I have gotten home.
Statistically, more calls have been made on this bride informing people”I am home” (na my statistics) lol

1 Like

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by NikoDeBonAmi(m): 3:07pm On Dec 30, 2023
PlayMaker14:

Yeah, the Hausa man used his personal money to build it.

Akuya, you opened this account two days ago just to be a f00lish bigot.

Coming from a well known tribe of hate I didn't expect anything less from such reply. It will be well with Nigeria.
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by BeautifulMind2: 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2023
plaindealer:
Built by Tafa Balewa

2nd NB built by Buhari

Both Northerners..

Eko bridge and 3rd mainland bridge were built by Shehu shagari and Babagida

1 Like

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by BossGerald: 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2023
Omoawoke:

I won’t blame him to be honest, the incessant unprovoked attacks against their tribe over the years is what is reflecting back

Is that so? Owk then
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Omoawoke: 4:01pm On Dec 30, 2023
BossGerald:

Is that so? Owk then

Very ok!!!

I was too nice not to start the insult.

Go and check threads back to 2011 and see igbos attacking anything southwest unprovoked. They started the propaganda that Yoruba girls are dirty.

You insult our women, land, culture and yet migrate to southwest. You claim we are lazy and you are the one developing our land. You think your cup won’t get full. The Yorubas we all know always keep quiet and form liberal. But this days, we give you a dose of your medicine everywhere we find you.

I hope you guys stay in your filthy region and never cross that bridge again
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by BossGerald: 4:07pm On Dec 30, 2023
Omoawoke:

Very ok!!!

I was too nice not to start the insult.

Go and check threads back to 2011 and see igbos attacking anything southwest unprovoked. They started the propaganda that Yoruba girls are dirty.

You insult our women, land, culture and yet migrate to southwest. You claim we are lazy and you are the one developing our land. You think your cup won’t get full. The Yorubas we all know always keep quiet and form liberal. But this days, we give you a dose of your medicine everywhere we find you.

I hope you guys stay in your filthy region and never cross that bridge again

Go back to 2007, your people also said igbo girls are too money and materialistic.

Did you not call them money ritualist?? Drug pushers??

Stop crying foul oga, I'm not your fellow tribalist, I just like hitting you with hard fact of how incompetent ebola is

1 Like

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Couldntfigurean: 4:33pm On Dec 30, 2023
APOPTOSIS:

You are the only one that made sense so far.
I took time to read through every comment.
You got maturity in you.
Many Igbo people are ignorant
I am currently in Ogwashi to see a friend,if your were blindfolded and dropped here,you’d be forgiven if you said it’s Anambra state
I speak my igbo dialect fluently and never any confusion with the natives

1 Like

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by CJStarz: 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2023
SETHARTHUR:
It's true reminds me of when I use to come back home every end of the semester from federal university otuoke, bayelsa state.
Do you need to enter Igbo land through the Niger bridge from Bayelsan?
Why not go through Port Harcourt?
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by CJStarz: 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2023
Bobloco:
This is true.

Very true
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by doctore212(m): 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2023
The only thing they will be thinking about is how much Olosho go dey cost for Mushin or Ijesha.

Buccalcavity2:
How about those Yoruba who live in Lagos but work in the east? How do they feel when the get to the bridge?
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Iceberg3: 5:24pm On Dec 30, 2023
VEHINTOLAR conehead is in Sifia pains grin:
Gateway to hell !
Sifia pains grin
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by SETHARTHUR(m): 6:14pm On Dec 30, 2023
Meaning I will have to pass through Owerri to ihiala. No nah it's round about.
CJStarz:
Do you need to enter Igbo land through the Niger bridge from Bayelsan?
Why not go through Port Harcourt?

1 Like

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Objectivist04: 7:58pm On Dec 30, 2023
What you people should know is that lgbo people that goes to east from north are. More than those from West

1 Like

Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by cassyrooy(m): 8:32am On Dec 31, 2023
jamesversion:

Second River Niger Bridge, biko. Bridges full Ikwerreland nwanna. grin

I am joining Ohanaeze Ndigbo youth organisation next year. You guys should wish me well.
Nnọọ! Jisike
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by Zool6: 1:02pm On Jan 01
Though this bridge symbolizes a lot for eastern Igbos travelers the truth is that every Igbo person start felling home once they touch Umunede to Iselle mpkiti down to Asaba everything around this axis is Igbo from the speakers blasting muzic from Caste vendors to filling stations with eatly and the hawkers ,,,,,
Re: Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East by historic: 2:52pm On Jan 01
Zool6:
Though this bridge symbolizes a lot for eastern Igbos travelers the truth is that every Igbo person start felling home once they touch Umunede to Iselle mpkiti down to Asaba everything around this axis is Igbo from the speakers blasting muzic from Caste vendors to filling stations with eatly and the hawkers ,,,,,

That's very true!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bill To Stop Overseas Medical-Treatments For Officials Underway / Watch & Download Video Abubakar Shekau, Vows To Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano / Court Grants Ajumogobia's Request To Travel Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.