Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months (17080 Views)

18 States Attracted No Foreign Investment From 2021 -2023 (see List) / Kaduna, Abia, Rivers… 28 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In Six Months / Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by SmartyPants(m): 10:59am On Dec 30, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
Foreign investment = investing while having white skin. Regardless of what the investment is

I am from Imo. My brother-in-Law who is in the US has built a hotel. This is not a foreign investment. If my white neighbor builds the same hotel in the same place, it becomes foreign investment. And the foreign investment is automatically be consider more of a good thing.

When African build businesses in the US and Europe, is it called foreign investment?

Of course it is. Your brother is not a foreigner just because he lives abroad. When he sends money back home it is counted as a diaspora remittance which contributes to what is called Gross National Product ( a close relative to Gross Domestic product).

If a Ghanaian builds a structure in Nigeria that is FDI. Nothing to do with race.

2 Likes

Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by DeOTR: 10:59am On Dec 30, 2023
SpaceTour:
This ediot stop putting Anambra on the same level with your backward useless worthless insecure imo state. Everyone knows that imo state particularly Orlu and Owerri are the hotbeds of insecurity and ipob terrorism in igboland, this is why most imo indigenes are trooping to Anambra for safety and greener pastures. Even the report is clear on this that imo state is a useless worthless state with no investment attracted

Please, don't talk down on Imo state. Imo people are the most liberal Igbos I've ever known, followed by Enugu.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Calicoe: 11:01am On Dec 30, 2023
Who in his right senses would go to bornu state an invest? A place that can become hot all of a sudden
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by SmartyPants(m): 11:01am On Dec 30, 2023
rdokoye:
No nation has ever developed on foreign investment. Domestic investment is most important.

Wrong. The biggest nations in the world developed on FDI - they just did it on their own terms, while we are doing ours on their own terms still.

That said, it is possible for resource-rich countries to develop on LDI so you are still right in that sense.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by SSFeedsNigeria: 11:04am On Dec 30, 2023
Of course, every Yoruba is from Lagos, Nigeria's noman's land. Who would accept to be from decayed slums that liter the sadwaste.

Ogun state is a grossly underdeveloped state. The only thing of worth is the industries built on the outskirts of Lagos. Abeokuta looks like a relic from 1870's. Ota, Agbara etc are all shanty towns with terrible roads and poor houses. The entire state is in shambles. As for Ibadan, over 90% of the people live in slums without indoor plumbing. That's why open defecation is the norm there.

If only you guys will travel out of that rusted roofs region and see how other regions of Nigeria has left you behind, you won't be here deceiving yourself.

SonOfDSoil01:
idiat I am an aborigine of Lagos, Yoruba land and proud on at that grin and beside non of your cursed state is has developed or cosmopolitan has Ibadan, even Ogun state no be Una mate…now take the back sit when real men are talking about development not the ones still playing catch up😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by DesChyko: 11:04am On Dec 30, 2023
A reset is necessary.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Originalsly: 11:05am On Dec 30, 2023
Isn't it a good thing that there is less foreign investment? Shop Rite comes to your State to invest $1M over 10 years ....... the State grants the entity land at a token of N100 per acre for 10 acres .... tax free for the right 8 years and 2% tax on profit for the remaining 2 .... provides road ... electricity and water for the location ... while Shop Rite employs 100 low level just above minimum wage workers and imports most of its produce. Now who really is benefitting from this foreign investment? Bananas are imported ... what happens to the local banana farmers? Chicken and eggs are imported. What happens to the local chicken farmers? Shop Rite then reaps $800K in profit per year .... which is sent out of Nigeria. How does such foreign investment benefit Nigerians or Nigeria? How has Lagos benefited by the foreign investments? Buhari got record investments .... what is there to show for it? ... are we better off financially because of it? There is a difference between investment and exploitation ... let's not get confused and carried away.

2 Likes

Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by SmartyPants(m): 11:05am On Dec 30, 2023
naturalman:
Labour party to the world

Labour party to the rescue
When Alex otti finishes with Abia state, the agbados will know what it means to have Peter Obinna as a mentor

Otti seems to be a reasonable leader and good luck to him but to be fair the people you call Agbados can still proudly boast that Tinubu is the standard when it comes to transformational governorship and mentorship. Whether he can still do it at his old age is another question but indeed, his past results speak for him.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by DesChyko: 11:06am On Dec 30, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:
Agbara etc are all shanty towns with terrible roads and poor houses.

Agbara is opening up though. A good number of Igbos have been migrating to that part of Lagos over the past few days and are putting up cool structures there too. Their roads and electrification are also getting a facelift as well.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by EmmyCC: 11:07am On Dec 30, 2023
Abia to the world. Good things happen when good people are on sit.

Enugu governor still dey talk Cho Cho Cho.

2 Likes

Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Bulldozer90: 11:07am On Dec 30, 2023
Lanre1st:

You be mumu, you keep excluding Lagos from SW, is Lagos in SE?

Let see what SE attract excluding Abia tongue
Lagos is no man's land

1 Like

Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by SmartyPants(m): 11:07am On Dec 30, 2023
Bulldozer90:
Assuming the info is correct, Abia the hotbed of Biafra agitation still have more foreign investment than all other states put together excluding Lagos. This also includes all southwest West states with their landmass excluding Lagos.

Not to talk of local investment which is often highest in the East.

You made a valid observation and I thought you were going to make a point out of it - is there something we can learn from Abia attracting investment despite being under the scourge of violent agitation, or was this just a casual boast?

Secondly, I'm doubtful your claim of local investment being highest in the east has any merit. Stats show that IGR in the East is among the lowest, and with the population of SW states clearly there will be more investment there.

But share your source if you have any.

1 Like

Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Mayeldah(m): 11:10am On Dec 30, 2023
Despite the huge FDIs into Lagos, streets in Lagos mainland remains deplorable and untarred. Aside parts of Alimosho, Mushin and Yaba/bariga areas, the rest of mainland is unkept, streets are bad and deplorable.

abeg make una rest
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by SonOfDSoil01: 11:18am On Dec 30, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:
Of course, every Yoruba is from Lagos, Nigeria's noman's land. Who would accept to be from decayed slums that liter the sadwaste.

Ogun state is a grossly underdeveloped state. The only thing of worth is the industries built on the outskirts of Lagos. Abeokuta looks like a relic from 1870's. Ota, Agbara etc are all shanty towns with terrible roads and poor houses. The entire state is in shambles. As for Ibadan, over 90% of the people live in slums without indoor plumbing. That's why open defecation is the norm there.

If only you guys will travel out of that rusted roofs region and see how other regions of Nigeria has left you behind, you won't be here deceiving yourself.

grin Mugu shut the F*ck up and have some shame for ones. I guess you flat head have a super natural power that dictates whose is from Lagos or not? Why do y’all always have an erection when you hear someone from Lagos? Lagos is just like every state and it’s some people ancestral heritage just like Anambala? Check my history here and I don’t need to claim anywhere else and I don’t need to convince you either and why would I deny Ibadan if I am from there? I will even be proud.

I can understand your tribe is shameless and has no pride that’s why you can shamelessly covet someone’s heritage or is Lagos is your cursed region? Damn y’all should grow up and have some sense of self pride and love your place because no one will love your place like yourself.

Idiat, if you care to know I served in owerri and camp i Abia. And I have been to Anambala , non of your cursed states can be compared to Ibadan the brown roof republic like you flat head call it, and in your deluded mind all part of Ibadan are like that right? All developmental indices have always proven to us who the progressive are that’s why Your generation keeps migrating to Sw and not just Lagos😂 you can keep Fooling yourselves all you want, the facts are there for all to see…Otondo😂

4 Likes

Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Max24: 11:25am On Dec 30, 2023
Anambra = $4million
Lagos = $ 1.79billion

The difference is clear. Yet, some people will want a third class former gov to be President over a visionary former gov. Thank God figures don't lie. We really dodged a bullet!
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Ttipsy(f): 11:27am On Dec 30, 2023
Otti is doing well !

How come Rivers and Imo attracted not
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Abagworo(m): 11:39am On Dec 30, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:
Wow, according to the article "Abia made a dramatic turn around, the only state to move from zero last year to $150 million" Making Abia third after Nigeria's national cities of Lagos and Abuja.

That's the evidence of good governance. Ottih is really doing a great job in Abia.

Abia and Anambra are two states with the greatest potential in Nigeria. Watch out for them in the coming years!!!

Abia was always in the picture. It only witnessed no foreign investment in 2022.

https://businessday.ng/real-sector/article/how-abia-rose-to-attract-third-highest-foreign-investment-in-2020/?amp=1
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Abagworo(m): 11:39am On Dec 30, 2023
Ttipsy:
Otti is doing well !

How come Rivers and Imo attracted not

Ikpeazu did id it not Otti. Why do people keep ascribing Ikpeazu's doings to Otti.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by SonOfDSoil01: 11:40am On Dec 30, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:
All these you wrote are fantasies. You should be worried that despite being so close to Lagos, Ogun could only attract a measly $27 million while Abia attracted a massive $150+ million!!

Worse still, existing foreign owned companies in Ogun state are closing down in droves. What is shows is a state in fast decline!

You people should continue hating on Igbos without knowing how much it is hurting your local economy. With foreign investors running away and Igbos moving their investments to the SE and SS, just know it's oti lo for SW.

so you flat heads are loving the Yorubas right? Idiat, we are only reciprocating the gesture😂 you do your businesses in our midst peacefully yet you will still be hating and also saying disrespectful nonsense about your host and you effect love? You must be sick in the head.

Even with all the closed industries, more are still opening and Ogun still has the highest number of industries and institutions that your backward region will ever dream of😂 in all parameters of development, even your almighty Anambala is playin catch up, you flat head Should be ashamed, without the Yorubas y’all will be worth nothing: just pray Nigeria remains one or else y’all will know the real meaning of hate, Shebi Una no one get sense😂

2 Likes

Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Ttipsy(f): 11:44am On Dec 30, 2023
Abagworo:

Ikpeazu did id it not Otti. Why do people keep ascribing Ikpeazu's doings to Otti.
okay
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Frontend: 11:51am On Dec 30, 2023
Governor Oti is working 24/7 omo this is commendable
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by LegacyB: 11:51am On Dec 30, 2023
naturalman:
Labour party to the world

Labour party to the rescue
When Alex otti finishes with Abia state, the agbados will know what it means to have Peter Obinna as a mentor
You see the problem with your type is that ure short fused in temper, information and intelligence. The FDI of Abia state started way back 2020 infact as at 2021 Abia state was already the third to attract investment in Nigeria. Where was Alex otti as at then, where was your Obinna then? . Learn more and stop embarrassing your intellect here.

1 Like

Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by LegacyB: 11:52am On Dec 30, 2023
Frontend:
Governor Oti is working 24/7 IMO this is commendable
Has nothing to do with Alex . Pls be informed the state achieved this way back 2021.

1 Like

Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by LegacyB: 11:55am On Dec 30, 2023
Mayeldah:
Despite the huge FDIs into Lagos, streets in Lagos mainland remains deplorable and untarred. Aside parts of Alimosho, Mushin and Yaba/bariga areas, the rest of mainland is unkept, streets are bad and deplorable.

abeg make una rest
Why not just do the needful and go to those regions you so much adore. Abi them tie your umbilical cord with Lagos state? . And when you’re going pls remember to take your advise along.

1 Like

Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by slimfit1(m): 11:59am On Dec 30, 2023
Yahoo boys are doing better.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by uuzba(m): 11:59am On Dec 30, 2023
How will they attract when mad people are running up and down killing each other everywhere?
Which foreign investor wants to come and engage in that nonsense?
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Slurity(m): 12:01pm On Dec 30, 2023
Give Benue till next 3 years, it will still be zero. A state vast in Agriculture but could not attract investment in food processing.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by LegacyB: 12:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
grin Mugu shut the F*ck up and have some shame for ones. I guess you flat head have a super natural power that dictates whose is from Lagos or not? Why do y’all always have an erection when you hear someone from Lagos? Lagos is just like every state and it’s some people ancestral heritage just like Anambala? Check my history here and I don’t need to claim anywhere else and I don’t need to convince you either and why would I deny Ibadan if I am from there? I will even be proud.

A
I can understand your tribe is shameless and has no pride that’s why you can shamelessly covet someone’s heritage or is Lagos is your cursed region? Damn y’all should grow up and have some sense of self pride and love your place because no one will love your place like yourself.

Idiat, if you care to know I served in owerri and camp i Abia. And I have been to Anambala , non of your cursed states can be compared to Ibadan the brown roof republic like you flat head call it, and in your deluded mind all part of Ibadan are like that right? All developmental indices have always proven to us who the progressive are that’s why Your generation keeps migrating to Sw and not just Lagos😂 you can keep Fooling yourselves all you want, the facts are there for all to see…Otondo😂
All this your epistle is not even needed. Just ask him if he or ( because he may not be that responsible) or his father pays or does not pay tax to their Landlord which is Lagos state government. When tax collectors comes around he should just say he won’t pay cos Lagos in his dementia is a no man’s Land. Then let’s see something!
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by bentenny(m): 12:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
How do you expect those states to attract FDI when they are not in control of their natural resources?
Why will a foreign investor come to a state like Bauchi and invest his hard earned funds in a particular LGA(which is mostly where most investors target due to cheap lands and waivers) when there is no state or local policing,no constant electricity,expensive transport cost,limited sea ports for easy movement of their equipments etc?

Nigeria needs restructuring through decentralization of critical sectors of the economy like natural resources,seaports,security etc

Too much authority and control reside at the centre which is economically not sustainable in the last ng run!
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Abagworo(m): 12:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
The truth is that I don't like FDI . It is one of the worst things to happen to a developing nation and equivalent to selling your economy to outsiders. If we want to develop the focus should be on home grown investments.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by MeineMutter: 12:18pm On Dec 30, 2023
They have all gone to bed… only feeding on monthly allocations.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by omohayek: 12:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
rdokoye:
No nation has ever developed on foreign investment. Domestic investment is most important.
I guess someone should have shared your wisdom with the USA, Hong Kong and Singapore when they were in their rapid growth phases. The dumb things people say on this website!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko / Hadiza Shuaibu Jika: Makeup Photos Of Aisha Buhari's Sister-In-Law / President Buhari In Close Door Meeting With Hope Uzodinma (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.