Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,962 members, 7,828,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months (17060 Views)

18 States Attracted No Foreign Investment From 2021 -2023 (see List) / Kaduna, Abia, Rivers… 28 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In Six Months / Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by DDIA: 12:41pm On Dec 30, 2023
EmperorTolson:

That idiot na boy na
Na boy be this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by EmperorTolson: 12:46pm On Dec 30, 2023
DDIA:

Na boy be this?
Na wa o
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by crixlight2(m): 1:00pm On Dec 30, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:
All these you wrote are fantasies. You should be worried that despite being so close to Lagos, Ogun could only attract a measly $27 million while Abia attracted a massive $150+ million!!

Worse still, existing foreign owned companies in Ogun state are closing down in droves. What is shows is a state in fast decline!

You people should continue hating on Igbos without knowing how much it is hurting your local economy. With foreign investors running away and Igbos moving their investments to the SE and SS, just know it's oti lo for SW.

Lol you people and unah dem hate us comment , the guy no even made mention of South East in his comment , but you sha find a way to attach dem hate Igbo to it.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Olat4421: 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2023
crixlight2:

Lol you people and unah dem hate us comment , the guy no even made mention of South East in his comment , but you sha find a way to attach dem hate Igbo to it.
u blind to see he also mentioned south west region . U did not see hatred for a particular region in d gibberish he also write up
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Lanre1st(m): 1:06pm On Dec 30, 2023
Bulldozer90:
Lagos is no man's land
Abia is also no Man’s Land
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by sonofthunder: 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2023
Addme:
Foreign investors snubbed 27 states as the value of capital importation into Nigeria fell by 34 percent to $2.82 billion in the first nine months of 2023, from $4.27 billion in the same period last year.

https://www.thecable.ng/full-list-rivers-imo-27-states-attracted-zero-foreign-investments-in-9-months/amp

We/I will appreciate another report about the last time any of these mentioned states received FDI
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Business3600: 1:24pm On Dec 30, 2023
Oyo
Kwara
Cross river
Ekiti
Nasarawa
Taraba
Shouldn't be on that list. These states brings in investors steadily from different countries
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Bluntemperor: 1:26pm On Dec 30, 2023
Racoon:
Congratulations to Lagos. Nice one too for Abia and Anambra states.

Just imagine the numbers of Unviable States in Nigeria-for it makes the States Unproductive and to worsen things the Emperors,still divert these Homongous NBILLIONS for themselves,not necessarily for the Masses!
Why should they be drawing from the quarterly Federation Allocation-Accounts every now and then,because it makes these States lazy! Why are we like this in this Country?
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by gashiwalesman: 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
[quote author=Bulldozer90 post=127688630]Assuming the info is correct, Abia the hotbed of Biafra agitation still have more foreign investment than all other states put together excluding Lagos. This also includes all southwest West states with their landmass excluding Lagos.

Nwanne, you're obsessed with anything yoruba oo..
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Bulldozer90: 1:36pm On Dec 30, 2023
[quote author=gashiwalesman post=127694805][/quote]who is your nwanne?
Ronu pig 🐷 fvck out of my mention.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Sirianese: 1:49pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
Foreign investment = investing while having white skin. Regardless of what the investment is

I am from Imo. My brother-in-Law who is in the US has built a hotel. This is not a foreign investment. If my white neighbor builds the same hotel in the same place, it becomes foreign investment. And the foreign investment is automatically be consider more of a good thing.

When African build businesses in the US and Europe, is it called foreign investment?

I bet you've never heard of capital importation certificates before

Ignorance is worse than disease, dude
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by SpaceTour: 1:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
You don’t like FDI simply because your useless backward worthless imo state has nothing to on it. You are against FDI but your state still don’t have domestic investment in imo state. You are well known for condemning anything you can never get. Onye nzuzu

Abagworo:
The truth is that I don't like FDI . It is one of the worst things to happen to a developing nation and equivalent to selling your economy to outsiders. If we want to develop the focus should be on home grown investments.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by goody234: 1:57pm On Dec 30, 2023
Too much wayo in business dealings
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by DDIA: 2:00pm On Dec 30, 2023
EmperorTolson:

Na wa o
grin e taya you? grin
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by SonOfDSoil01: 2:09pm On Dec 30, 2023
Bulldozer90:
Lagos is no man's land
grin just like Anambala
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by SonOfDSoil01: 2:15pm On Dec 30, 2023
Max24:
Anambra = $4million
Lagos = $ 1.79billion

The difference is clear. Yet, some people will want a third class former gov to be President over a visionary former gov. Thank God figures don't lie. We really dodged a bullet!
ode stat is the year under review, or just because of a lil win, doles that mean that Anambala has more investment than Lagos? U can even compare it to Ogun state or you didn’t see ekiti on the list? Or does that mean it has more investment than Lagos? Your sad yeast is still playing catch up with Yoruba Land and not just Lagos, so rest😂
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Chem2020: 2:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
Must there be ethnic bashing and comparison in every post on nairaland?
Why can't we just give a reasonable praise or criticism and go?
We will all benefit in one way or the other from the FDI.
We must not insult ourselves if at all let's push the insults to our political leaders. They are our enemies
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Coldie(m): 3:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
Bulldozer90:
Assuming the info is correct, Abia the hotbed of Biafra agitation still have more foreign investment than all other states put together excluding Lagos. This also includes all southwest West states with their landmass excluding Lagos.

Not to talk of local investment which is often highest in the East.
Q3 is likely the time Alex otti became governor. Since he became governor when was the last time u heard of any Biafra issue from Abia state?

The rise in investors is cause investors have faith in his government.

Even seat at home in Abia state ended just by the governor appealing to his people.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Max24: 3:11pm On Dec 30, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
ode stat is the year under review, or just because of a lil win, doles that mean that Anambala has more investment than Lagos? U can even compare it to Ogun state or you didn’t see ekiti on the list? Or does that mean it has more investment than Lagos? Your sad yeast is still playing catch up with Yoruba Land and not just Lagos, so rest😂
cheesy
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by FatherOfJesus: 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
Bulldozer90:
I don't like his borrowings. It's uncalled for.
where do you expect him to see money to work?
Borrowing is not bad m, what is bad is borrowing for recurrent expenditures.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by FatherOfJesus: 3:38pm On Dec 30, 2023
I'm still not going to conclude on Otti yet.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Agugbadin: 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2023
This has to do with leadership.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Bulldozer90: 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2023
Coldie:

Q3 is likely the time Alex otti became governor. Since he became governor when was the last time u heard of any Biafra issue from Abia state?

Even seat at home in Abia state ended just by the governor appealing to his people.

continue fooling yourself
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by StrongAlphMale: 5:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
ecolime:

Alex is really doing well for Abia.

They are the new pride of South East.

My only confusion is how come your Prime Minister is always calling his government illegitimate?

He won fair and square if I may recall. I no just understand Ekpa

Who's ekpa?

Ekpa is a fool who should be ignored. The ediot is obviously seeking for attention. He is a nobody, kindly ignore the idiot

1 Like

Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by StrongAlphMale: 5:05pm On Dec 30, 2023
DDIA:
The North East and the South East are doing well .

If you doubt about the North East, ask Jeon the Aboki girl grin

Is that jeon who usually quotes me silly on nairaland?

What a 🤡 she is. Very ugly mofo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Objectivist04: 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
grin Dundee united, what are your slave economic migrants generation still doing in Ragos? I thought y’all would have relocate that to Abia so Ragos and Sw can breath…Shameless flat head economic migrant grin

Is good to know that we are choking you people, it shall be permanent.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Jeon(m): 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2023
Mr handsome than the most beautiful Angel 😇, thought you said "you will ignore me as long as you are breathing"? , yet my ugly throw back fotos is still tormenting you.

StrongAlphMale:

Is that jeon who usually quotes me silly on nairaland?

What a 🤡 she is. Very ugly mofo

Thank you for the wonderful compliment anyways.
But I have heard that before, say something new.

11 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by SonOfDSoil01: 5:14pm On Dec 30, 2023
Objectivist04:

Is good to know that we are choking you people, it shall be permanent.
hahaha see reverse psychology😂 you rather say you can’t do without your master because we feed y’all…if dem born Una well why not stay back home now that you peasant migrant have all gone back home for the holidays. Do us a favour and remain there and let’s see for the leeches are..shameless pig Abi Una no want Biafra again?
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Objectivist04: 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2023
DeOTR:
Foreign investment doesn't equate development in every sense, it mostly signifies capital flights in the real sense.
Take foreign investments in the oil sectors for instance, more than 90+% of the dividends are going to people outside of Africa and these are also part of the foreign investment we talk about.
Let's not even start with the discriminatory compensation system these foreigners practice in their organization. I would be worried only if there's no investment at all.

The thing is that if it comes to local investment south eastern states will come second, third, fourth, and fifth after Lagos.

The stretch of road where I live only this year
Roban mall opend, Chicken rebublic opend,. Crunchies opend with another eatry that I can't remember the name with a hotel. These are in one road oo , about 5 other businesses are warming up along that road maybe by next year.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by BALLOSKI: 5:20pm On Dec 30, 2023

The number of states that did not record investments dropped from 28 states in the first half of 2023 to 27 in the first nine months after Abia attracted a remarkable $150.09 million in Q3 – the only state to witness such a dramatic turnaround within three months.

Alex Otti, i'm proud of you.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Objectivist04: 5:25pm On Dec 30, 2023
Coldie:

That credit goes to lkpeazu not Otti, from the time of lkpeazu Abia is being regarded as the most peaceful in the south east.

Also remember that lkpeazu commissioned the center table flyover on monday when sit at home is at highest level and the likes of Ugwuanyi doesn't come out on Mondays.
Re: 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months by Objectivist04: 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
hahaha see reverse psychology😂 you rather say you can’t do without your master because we feed y’all…if dem born Una well why not stay back home now that you peasant migrant have all gone back home for the holidays. Do us a favour and remain there and let’s see for the leeches are..shameless pig Abi Una no want Biafra again?
I want to buy your father's grave, how much are you willing to sell ? I promise to remove the bones and give you but my fear is that you might sell the skull

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Hausa Man's Comment As Buhari Addresses Nigerians In Hausa / Kano LP Gov Candidate, Bashir Ishaq Bashir Collapses Structure Into APC / Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.