Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,884 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic (14888 Views)

Honda Civic 2004 Sedan Timing Belt Cutting Problem / After Engine Washing, My Honda Baby Boy Is Not The Same Again / It Will Cost You ₦7.3m To Rent Bugatti Veyron For A Day,Price Of Honda Civic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by kripen(m): 9:06pm On Jan 12
Donedeal1:
My last experience with tiny light is still fresh in my memory.
Anytime I say let's drive around the belt will disappoint not until I met a neighborhood friend who help me out.

Am still scared of automobile erratic issues.

Please how did the guy go about it , I am having issues with mine that cut before 4 to. 5 mon hs. Please explain how the problem was solved.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by AbelAbdul: 9:07pm On Jan 12
nihinlade:
You could have taken a picture of how the belt was fixed so that we can learn from it. Though I am not presently using Honda (I use a Toyota Corolla) but no knowledge is lost.
I have done that
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Lightorder: 9:12pm On Jan 12
AbelAbdul:
Guys, I almost sold my Honda Civic because of belt. I have spent close to or over 200k because of belt. Gone to different mechanics.
Most of the times when the belt cuts the adjuster bolt will break inside the engine. I will need to drop the engine then get the service of a blacksmith.

They said buy original belt, I bought. Buy new adjuster I bought. Change your pulleys I did but belt was still cutting.

How I solved the problem.

I met a mechanic who discovered that the belt was wrongly fixed.
He told me to buy Belgium belt size 2160.

Before I have been using size 2130.

I bought the Belgium belt 2160 gave it to him you fixed it in the proper way.

I have been driving for two months now I have not experienced any cutting.
half- baked technicians everywhere in Lagos. Sharperly sharperly daily Okada money no go gree Dem learn work finish

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by geraldo077: 9:13pm On Jan 12
I just changed my belt this afternoon at Apo Mechanic, Abuja and while driving home it cut. I'm really tired of the Incessant cutting of belt.
I need your dealer to send me an original Japan belt, the adjster has been removed and the belt is 2120 6 pk. Honda Civic 2008 Model. Thanks. Or please send me an email on gerrychidoe@gmail.com.

Humulity:
I can relate, the problem actually began when the belt cut the first time. Every other thing was consequential.
My experience was changing belt six times within one year, Honda Accord.I called someone at Nnewi, who told me to forget about Belgium fan belt or whatever. He got me original Japan the price was double. I paid for two. This is a year plus it is yet to cut, the extra is still unused.
If interested DM I will get him to send you original Japan. I will pay, after six months of usage without issues, you refund me with the waybill cost.
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by AbelAbdul: 9:17pm On Jan 12
CharleyBright:

I am same issue with my Peugeut 406. The belt has cut more than 15times. Many time it cuts it will enter engine and affect the car requiring grinding the engine and changing pistons. I have even had to buy a complete Belgium engine at some point. It has cost me a fortune. Because of this issue, I am afraid to even use the car for fear of the car having belt cutting issue. Infact I have not used the car for almost 9months. Even to be warming the car at home without driving out, a new fan belt I bought has shown sign of wearing out. I have changed pulleys, and even the compressor and power steering pump which comes with pulley, but am still having fan belt cutting issue.
I am tired and considering selling off the car. But it is painful cos the car is very clean inside out.
I just don't know the solution.
Go online and check how the belt alignment is done.
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Humulity: 9:39pm On Jan 12
geraldo077:
I just changed my belt this afternoon at Apo Mechanic, Abuja and while driving home it cut. I'm really tired of the Incessant cutting of belt.
I need your dealer to send me an original Japan belt, the adjster has been removed and the belt is 2120 6 pk. Honda Civic 2008 Model. Thanks. Or please send me an email on gerrychidoe@gmail.com.

Check your mail.

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by dangoteinlaw: 9:51pm On Jan 12
4ward4:

if you would have learnt from your mentor, you will definitely never turn out this way.
oh I learnt well from your dad and considering how slow he is I think i turned out pretty well lol.
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by victorVIC1(m): 10:19pm On Jan 12
richeeyo:

At least you ended up not selling
I hope
It never got to a point you thought, abi is it spiritual 🤣

@ Funny, the day my neighbour placed a big Bible on the dashboard of his abandoned car na him I know say e don enter spiritual problem be that. Nigerians funny en
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by cardoctor(m): 10:28pm On Jan 12
Is this a 1976 Honda Civic?
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by UrPapa: 10:33pm On Jan 12
AbelAbdul:
I cried
Modified
The first picture shows how the belt was fixed. According to the mechanic, fixing it in this way made all the pressure to rest on the adjuster therefore making the belt to cut.
Each time the belt cuts na to drop engine. And sometimes I will repair it while driving it to my house from the workshop the belt will cut again.

The second picture shows how the belt should be fixed.

Till today 12th January the belt has not cut again.
even from d pic, the first one looks too complicated
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by jintex(m): 10:34pm On Jan 12
Bro as this cutting of belt no kill me for my civic nothing fit kill me

How I solved mine

* I changed water pump pully
* and alternator because it has a roller too

Then sometimes when the AC compression roller is stiff due to electrical fault it will also lead to cutting of belt.

In all these nothing concern Adujester like some mechanics claim. It really thought me a big lesson. I hope someone learns from these
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Ubdavis(m): 10:39pm On Jan 12
Just for two months and ur jubilating.. e mean say before now, e been dey cut every day..

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Doncyn01: 10:46pm On Jan 12
AbelAbdul:
I cried
Modified
The first picture shows how the belt was fixed. According to the mechanic, fixing it in this way made all the pressure to rest on the adjuster therefore making the belt to cut.
Each time the belt cuts na to drop engine. And sometimes I will repair it while driving it to my house from the workshop the belt will cut again.

The second picture shows how the belt should be fixed.

Till today 12th January the belt has not cut again.
The issue is with the serpentine belt size.
Both diagrams are correct and interchangeable.

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Discreet90: 12:11am On Jan 13
I had similar issues with my Toyota camry back then...belt cutting sometimes twice in a month. Till a mechanic later told me that as long as engine oil doesn't touch my belt. The belt can last for 1 to 2years. He changed faulty oil seals that were letting oil leak to the belt area. Washed everything with petrol and since then the belt never cut till I changed the car.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by emmyN(m): 12:22am On Jan 13
Donedeal1:
My last experience with tiny light is still fresh in my memory.
Anytime I say let's drive around the belt will disappoint not until I met a neighborhood friend who help me out.

Am still scared of automobile erratic issues.

How did you fix yours? I'm dealing with this presently, same car.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by ShenTeh(m): 1:13am On Jan 13
CharleyBright:

I am same issue with my Peugeut 406. The belt has cut more than 15times. Many time it cuts it will enter engine and affect the car requiring grinding the engine and changing pistons. I have even had to buy a complete Belgium engine at some point. It has cost me a fortune. Because of this issue, I am afraid to even use the car for fear of the car having belt cutting issue. Infact I have not used the car for almost 9months. Even to be warming the car at home without driving out, a new fan belt I bought has shown sign of wearing out. I have changed pulleys, and even the compressor and power steering pump which comes with pulley, but am still having fan belt cutting issue.
I am tired and considering selling off the car. But it is painful cos the car is very clean inside out.
I just don't know the solution.

Please Google "how to fix Peugeot 406 (year model) model serpentine belt" and search images.
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by sultaan(m): 1:33am On Jan 13
Normally the belt routing diagram is on the inside of the bonnet
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by opiscopy(m): 6:52am On Jan 13
Can anyone share experience of how he or she was able to solve belt cutting issues on mercedes benz ML 350

Having a similar experience with mine presently

Thnks
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by esemes256: 8:00am On Jan 13
But why does corolla 2004 to 2008 not have all these issues?

Also can a car expert help me understand the work of the Automatic belt tensioner?
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Tisong007: 8:04am On Jan 13
I had same issue, I bought belt almost every 2 days and they were original belts with warranty of about 40k last year. One day I was tired of this issue and I had to be violent with the car. When I got another belt for the mechanic to fix, I took his hammer and bent every iron and anything on the way of the pulleys. Viola!! Belt cutting stopped for more than 8 months now. Guess what, the belt I bought was 20k own, which the seller said it wasn't original. I bought 2 and I still have the spare in the car till now. Observe the pulleys areas and bend any bendable
kripen:

I am looking for solution to Camry pencil light 2.2 that the timing belt cut often.
Please any helpand how much is Belgium followcome belt
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Femeto: 8:08am On Jan 13
AbelAbdul:
Guys, I almost sold my Honda Civic because of belt. I have spent close to or over 200k because of belt. Gone to different mechanics.
Most of the times when the belt cuts the adjuster bolt will break inside the engine. I will need to drop the engine then get the service of a blacksmith.

They said buy original belt, I bought. Buy new adjuster I bought. Change your pulleys I did but belt was still cutting.

See how inexperienced Mechanics made you waste money. They were gambling with your car. Once you bring down the car engine you would spend more on the car.
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Dpharisee: 8:11am On Jan 13
kazyhm:
The belt and it's adjuster is really a thing......

I had this noise coming from my car, I thought it was the leg, I changed the two front bearings, the back hub but the noise remain consistent....until the other mechanic discovered the noise is from the belt adjuster.....

I changed adjuster and the noise stop for like two weeks.....but it has started again....the spare parts seller said I'm using the wrong belt....he said my car belt is 2130.

I don fine 2130 tire I no see
I'm using Honda civic 2007
The guy said 2160 belt with the configuration he posted worked, I have a similar issue which I am going to fix now, perhaps na to try his idea, I will be dropping my engine because the bolt is broken
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by bluefilm: 8:57am On Jan 13
AbelAbdul:

Just two months?

One day, one day E go still cut grin

It's just a matter of time.
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by treatise: 11:17am On Jan 13
richeeyo:
Congratulations Sir
I no what a relief this would be for you
Especially in this management season
This and similar challenges would stop or reduce drastically if garages managed educated experts become ubiquitous in the country. I've told colleagues and friends severally the challenge with automobiles in Nigeria is the quality of mechanics followed by fake parts( this is benign comparatively).
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by emperor4love(m): 11:25am On Jan 13
Tink say dis one de say bet cutting
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Dottormentor: 12:37pm On Jan 13
You are very correct bro, the same thing happened to me few weeks back. I'm good now with my new mechanic, you see those meco na them they kill our cars for Nigeria.
AbelAbdul:

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Donedeal1(m): 5:16pm On Jan 13
kripen:

Please how did the guy go about it , I am having issues with mine that cut before 4 to. 5 mon hs. Please explain how the problem was solved.
After wasting money on all unnecessary things by various kazeems.I finally packed the car,then my neighbor observed and ask what's the issue,not want to go deeper just told I don't want anything to give me unnecessary stress,after observation of his sincere interest, he later informed me that the timing belts are majorly inferior,so he directed me to where to get the genuine one,back then it was packed inside transparent thick nylon, and cost almost nearly thrice the fake one.After fixing it I began to imagine why the mechanics didn't tell me all this while.
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by larrypourl(m): 8:24pm On Jan 13
I no dey eye this car again with all these belt wahala I'm seeing here.
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Bigsunny01(m): 10:29pm On Jan 13
infogeneral:

Guy, I have solution for you. I have similar issue when I was using Honda Civic 2008 and I was frustrated until a rewire guy suggested a solution. "Run the belt and bypass the adjuster and the extra pulley at the far left of the engine. The belt would run from the engine to the AC compressor, to the water pump and then to the alternator." For that, you need a shorter belt, your mechanic will have to measure size of the belt that can fit in. The only disadvantage is that to replace your belt they have to force it in without adjuster. No more belt cutting anyhow and adjuster bolt breaking inside. When I did my own, for more than 2 years the belt did not cut.

Same way i have been enjoying my sweet baby civic

De car is just too cool

Do dis and have rest of mind

Anytime i discover dat my belt is wick i buy anoda toks belt, call my mech and run it in without de adjuster

1 Like

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Bigsunny01(m): 10:34pm On Jan 13
wave1:
The recommend belt is 2170. I had this same car with me currently and I never have problem with bolt issue, by May ending it will be 3years ...

I feels our local mechanic have been running de belt wrongly reason de problem is common
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Bigsunny01(m): 11:16pm On Jan 13
larrypourl:
I no dey eye this car again with all these belt wahala I'm seeing here.

Every aboki wit dere kettle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FRSC Writes Toyota Over High Rate Of Crashes / I got the Pontiac Vibe / Branded Cars. What Are the Required Documents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.