Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic (14887 Views)

Honda Civic 2004 Sedan Timing Belt Cutting Problem / After Engine Washing, My Honda Baby Boy Is Not The Same Again / It Will Cost You ₦7.3m To Rent Bugatti Veyron For A Day,Price Of Honda Civic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by wave1(m): 6:55pm On Jan 17
You got it right. That's the problem with most mechanic.
Bigsunny01:

I feels our local mechanic have been running de belt wrongly reason de problem is common
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by jbellzz: 12:47am On Jan 18
Dear All, thanks for your inputs. The fix I think that worked for me is changing the power steering pump because the old one kept shifting and grinding the belts. I also did some threading and welding of the seat of the power steering pump. Though I am still watching it, the belt has not cut for two weeks now. I also tactically reduced the belt picking to 5 lines as seen in the car I got the new power steering pump from. I learnt this issue usually occurs when a wrong AC compressor is installed in the 06 civic. So if you are experiencing this issue, it's most likely from the AC compressor or power steering pump. Lastly check all the pulley rubbers to be sure engine oil is not leaking from any one onto the pulley system.

AbelAbdul:
I thought it was spiritual o. At a point when i see people drive my kind of car I will stop them and ask them if the had such experience. Their responses were 'NO'. So I thought it was spiritual.
Mine is Honda Civic 06.
Check the diagram I uploaded and see the correct way to fix the belt. Also buy Belgium belt not new belt.

I was told by olaboyeh that the problem is perculiar with the Honda Civic 06
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by AdisaOwala: 1:51pm On Jan 20
Seems this belt cutting issue is more common with Honda cars generally - mine was an accord 2008

I almost entered depression from the issue but thankfully, I was able to find a way around it
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by searchng4love: 4:45pm On Jan 20
AdisaOwala:
Seems this belt cutting issue is more common with Honda cars generally - mine was an accord 2008

I almost entered depression from the issue but thankfully, I was able to find a way around it
Depression bawo? I just park such cars until I am ready to fix it
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by rapheal5(m): 10:10pm On Jan 31
AbelAbdul:
Guys, I almost sold my Honda Civic because of belt. I have spent close to or over 200k because of belt. Gone to different mechanics.
Most of the times when the belt cuts the adjuster bolt will break inside the engine. I will need to drop the engine then get the service of a blacksmith.

They said buy original belt, I bought. Buy new adjuster I bought. Change your pulleys I did but belt was still cutting.

How I solved the problem.

I met a mechanic who discovered that the belt was wrongly fixed.
He told me to buy Belgium belt size 2160.

Before I have been using size 2130.

I bought the Belgium belt 2160 gave it to him you fixed it in the proper way.

I have been driving for two months now I have not experienced any cutting.
pls help me confirm from your mechanic what belt size should I buy for honda civic 2010
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by rapheal5(m): 10:28pm On Jan 31
Humulity:
I can relate, the problem actually began when the belt cut the first time. Every other thing was consequential.
My experience was changing belt six times within one year, Honda Accord.I called someone at Nnewi, who told me to forget about Belgium fan belt or whatever. He got me original Japan the price was double. I paid for two. This is a year plus it is yet to cut, the extra is still unused.
If interested DM I will get him to send you original Japan. I will pay, after six months of usage without issues, you refund me with the waybill cost.
pls I need the Japan belt
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by rapheal5(m): 10:30pm On Jan 31
infogeneral:

Guy, I have solution for you. I have similar issue when I was using Honda Civic 2008 and I was frustrated until a rewire guy suggested a solution. "Run the belt and bypass the adjuster and the extra pulley at the far left of the engine. The belt would run from the engine to the AC compressor, to the water pump and then to the alternator." For that, you need a shorter belt, your mechanic will have to measure size of the belt that can fit in. The only disadvantage is that to replace your belt they have to force it in without adjuster. No more belt cutting anyhow and adjuster bolt breaking inside. When I did my own, for more than 2 years the belt did not cut.
for real
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by rapheal5(m): 10:58pm On Jan 31
esemes256:
But why does corolla 2004 to 2008 not have all these issues?

Also can a car expert help me understand the work of the Automatic belt tensioner?
you are wrong I sold my corrola 2005 3 weeks ago, I had same thrice before I sold it.
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by rapheal5(m): 11:03pm On Jan 31
infogeneral:

Guy, I have solution for you. I have similar issue when I was using Honda Civic 2008 and I was frustrated until a rewire guy suggested a solution. "Run the belt and bypass the adjuster and the extra pulley at the far left of the engine. The belt would run from the engine to the AC compressor, to the water pump and then to the alternator." For that, you need a shorter belt, your mechanic will have to measure size of the belt that can fit in. The only disadvantage is that to replace your belt they have to force it in without adjuster. No more belt cutting anyhow and adjuster bolt breaking inside. When I did my own, for more than 2 years the belt did not cut.
what's the size of belt used...
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by esemes256: 6:59am On Feb 01
rapheal5:
you are wrong I sold my corrola 2005 3 weeks ago, I had same thrice before I sold it.

You probably bought an accidented car or one that already has issues. Your issue is very rare when it comes to the corolla. I have used one before myself and I never experienced what you're saying.
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by rapheal5(m): 8:20am On Feb 01
esemes256:

You probably bought an accidented car or one that already has issues. Your issue is very rare when it comes to the corolla. I have used one before myself and I never experienced what you're saying.
The fact that you haven't experienced such doesn't mean it doesn't happen to toyota vehicles. Just yesterday a mechanic called for camry 2005 adjuster and bolt 🔩....

1 Like

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by esemes256: 8:46am On Feb 01
rapheal5:
The fact that you haven't experienced such doesn't mean it doesn't happen to toyota vehicles. Just yesterday a mechanic called for camry 2005 adjuster and bolt 🔩....

Well I mentioned up there that the issue is very rare. I guess what happened is as a result of car dealers fixing accidented cars with Chinese parts instead of OEM parts. Problems will definitely arise. If you take that factor out, corollas (2005 - 2008) are the most problem free cars out there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FRSC Writes Toyota Over High Rate Of Crashes / I got the Pontiac Vibe / Branded Cars. What Are the Required Documents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.