Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy (1446 Views)

Africa Will Miss Buhari’s Leadership, Says Ghanaian President, Akufo-addo / I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH / Court Bars Daily Nigerian From Publishing Ganduje ‘bribery’ Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by abdeefggh: 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2023

Popular Ghanaian Afro-pop star, Livingstone Etse Satekla, better known as Stonebwoy, has disclosed that he hails from the Yoruba tribe in Nigeria.The Dancehall musician disclosed this during an encounter with popular car influencer, Ola of Lagos.

He stated that he is a Nigerian and that his tribe Ewe is from Oyo Kingdom. According to him, his ancestor migrated from the Southern part of Nigeria before settling in Ghana making him trace his roots to Nigeria, Oyo Kingdom.In his words: “Me sef nah Niger, no lies. Me nah Ewe from Oyo Kingdom, my tribe migrated from Nigeria to Ghana here, na we get Ilesha. Shout-out to my people in the southern part of Nigeria, check Ewe, we root straight to Yoruba”, Stonebwoy said.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/im-nigerian-from-oyo-kingdom-says-ghanaian-singer-stonebwoy/amp/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by illicit(m): 1:13pm On Dec 30, 2023
Okay

Famzing

🐿️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by iuni: 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2023
Everyone has a root. Some can't even be traced. Good you traced yours.

1 Like

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by FreeStuffsNG: 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2023
abdeefggh:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/im-nigerian-from-oyo-kingdom-says-ghanaian-singer-stonebwoy/amp/
He is actually right.

The Omoonile of Accra, as in the true owners of the land which hosts Ghana's capital city today, are ethnically Yoruba and they used to bear Yoruba names. In the past, even Stoneboy would have had a clear Yoruba name that clearly identify him as Yoruba.

He, just like Emmanuel Adebayor, Angelique Kidjo, the Bini royalty etc, at some point weakened their Yoruba link but many of them , even those outside Africa, are now retracing their steps and roots when they found out how phenomenally great their Yoruba history and root is.

In spite of the several wars we fought, the strand of the Yoruba in each of us remained. The Yoruba are the only religion and culture kept alive till date among the community of African descendants in the new world from Africans shipped out against their will during the transatlantic slavery period.

Thank God for our great forebears who left us a great history and culture we can be proud of throughout the world. Check my signature for free stuffs!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by abdeefggh: 1:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
illicit:
Okay

Famzing

🐿️

Ewe and Ga people which is the largest tribe in Ghana, Togo and Benin were actually part of Oyo, they even teach them in their schools that they are from Ile Ife.

Most of the people staying in gulf of Guinea identify as yoruba.
From Nigeria to foura Bay in Sierra Leon

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by illicit(m): 1:22pm On Dec 30, 2023
abdeefggh:

Ewe and Ga people which is the largest tribe in Ghana, Togo and benin were actually part of Oyo, they even teach them in their schools that they are from Ile Ife.
I know

I am a Linguist

I learnt that in one History of African Languages course

🦌

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by marsman: 1:23pm On Dec 30, 2023
*Oyo empire. It is Good that a lot of Yoruba sons are tracing their roots and claiming back their homes. This is a time when we all have to stand together against outside threats from unscrupulous elements around us and within us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by peckhamboi: 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
Every group wants to be Yoruba.

Greatness is not by force.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by Corn247: 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2023
Most of the developed cities found in the coastal areas in West Africa were actually occupied by people who identified as yoruba but many did not know.
Check out Benin, Ghana, Togo,Gambia, sierra Leone etc, They were also the Most influential in those countries.
I think the Yoruba in Nigeria are living below standard !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by FreeStuffsNG: 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2023
Corn247:
Most of the developed cities found in the coastal areas in West Africa were actually occupied by people who identified as yoruba but many did not know.
Check out Benin, Ghana, Togo,Gambia, sierra Leone etc, They were also the Most influential in those countries.
I think the Yoruba in Nigeria are living below standard !
No.

If the Yoruba in Nigeria has not excelled, this celebrated homecomings will not have been possible. The Oba of Benin who is Yoruba and a descendant of Oranmiyan, a Yoruba prince, few weeks ago, came to Yorubaland to receive tutorials on Yoruba history because, according to him, he wanted to learn at first hand, how the Randle Yoruba Cultural Centre operates. Same thing was why the Yoruba built Orun Oba Ado in Ile Ife too.

The Yoruba conceived and built that centre. Same thing with our universities etc. Our successes keep helping to pull them back home, not by force. These strategies are carefully planned and executed to help bring back our talents back home. Success attracts more than failure wink

We can do better no doubt but the Yoruba are doing great.

If you go through how the Yoruba organized themselves after the annulment of June 12 Presidential election in 1993 by IBB and got back the Presidency without going to war with the rest of Nigeria, you will appreciate how truly sophisticated the Yoruba are.

Ghanaian President John Dramani Mahama, as a sitting President , went to Offa in Kwara state and declared that he is home and spoke in Yoruba. He identified himself as Yoruba but couldn't be as audacious as Stoneboy to declare he is a Nigerian. Which other tribe will have such clout? None.

PHOTOS: Ghana President Visits His Hometown Of Offa In Kwara State
https://www.nairaland.com/2690459/photos-ghana-president-visits-hometown

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by PressMyButton: 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2023
abdeefggh:

Ewe and Ga people which is the largest tribe in Ghana, Togo and Benin were actually part of Oyo, they even teach them in their schools that they are from Ile Ife.

Yorubas are at the corridors of power in Sierra leon.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by kokoA(m): 2:11pm On Dec 30, 2023
So we can now call him a Nigeria artist and start promoting his songs ba.
Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by abdeefggh: 2:19pm On Dec 30, 2023
PressMyButton:

I know, minority holding the whole country since the inception, they were even the founders. It was just last week they gave Alajika oil wells in Sierra Leone.. I guess the connection is still there since Alajika family is also returnees like them

1 Like

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by Jogs1900: 2:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
Everybody dey rush Yoruba tribe..Yoruba lagba...Unlike some mediocres claiming they are from Isxxxl..

7 Likes

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by Jogs1900: 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
peckhamboi:
Every group wants to be Yoruba.

Greatness is not by force.
Greatness no be by force nor attache..The other upcoming tribe will not like this news.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by FreeStuffsNG: 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2023
PressMyButton:

They are helping the economy,
educational and political development of Sierra Leone a lot by leveraging on their Yoruba roots here in Nigeria.

Saros , Popo Aguda, Creole etc are Yoruba families who first settled in Freetown after the abolition of slavery before finally returning home to Yorubaland in Lagos and Abeokuta prominently. https://www.google.com/url?q=https://journals.co.za/doi/pdf/10.10520/AJA00757640_77&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjO9u-bpLeDAxWbVUEAHdiEB84QFnoECAkQAg&usg=AOvVaw0gZtz9VZTGRvW-eviVVWBg

One of the descendants of such Yoruba families is Olayemi Cardoso, Nigeria's current Central Bank Governor and many captains of industry including the Tinubu family from which Nigeria's President hail from.

Asiwaju Tinubu in his famous Abeokuta "Emilokan" speech said it that he is from Abeokuta too and the delegates should not treat him differently from Prof Osinbajo. The Tinubu family and their area is a very prominent place in Abeokuta. Even the Alakijas too. This cadre of elite and wealthy successful highly educated Yoruba families are arguably the Yoruba's best kept secret success formula.

Shout out to these Yoruba families;
Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Pedro,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by vaxx: 2:45pm On Dec 30, 2023
abdeefggh:

No, Ashanti ( part of the akans) this tribe are the largest tribe in Ghana . Ewe are likely related with the fon in Benin republic ( the fon and Yoruba share historical relationship) and the GA are Yoruba by history.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by Brenbentondiaz: 2:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
No matter how far or how remotely related, people always want to identify with the Yoruba race. Unlike one uncivilized, uncultured tribe that always gets rejected even when they want to force attache with the SS.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by vaxx: 2:54pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
No.

If the Yoruba in Nigeria has not excelled, this celebrated homecomings will not have been possible. The Oba of Benin who is Yoruba and a descendant of Oranmiyan, a Yoruba prince, few weeks ago, came to Yorubaland to receive tutorials on Yoruba history because, according to him, he wanted to learn at first hand, how the Randle Yoruba Cultural Centre operates. Same thing was why the Yoruba built Orun Oba Ado in Ile Ife too.

The Yoruba conceived and built that centre. Same thing with our universities etc. Our successes keep helping to pull them back home, not by force. These strategies are carefully planned and executed to help bring back our talents back home.

We can do better no doubt but the Yoruba are doing great.

If you go through how the Yoruba organized themselves after the annulment of June 12 and got back the Presidency, you will appreciate how truly sophisticated the Yoruba are.

Ghanaian President John Dramani Mahama, as a sitting President , went to Offa in Kwara state and declared that he is home and spoke in Yoruba. He identified himself as Yoruba but couldn't be as audacious as Stoneboy to declare he is a Nigerian. Which other tribe will have such clout. None.

PHOTOS: Ghana President Visits His Hometown Of Offa In Kwara State
https://www.nairaland.com/2690459/photos-ghana-president-visits-hometown
former president mahama is never a nigerian, he is a northern Ghanaian ( damango) his father is even an MP in the fourth republic in Ghana. The mother too is also from the north .

The father actually married a nigerian woman Anyway ,not mahama mother . Therefore it makes sense to say mahama has Nigerian siblings as relation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by FreeStuffsNG: 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2023
vaxx:
former president mahama is never a nigerian, he is a northern Ghanaian ( damango) his father is even an MP in the fourth republic in Ghana. The mother too is also from the north .

The father actually married a nigerian woman Anyway ,not mahama mother . Therefore it makes sense to say mahama has Nigerian siblings as relation.

You are right. He never declared that he is a Nigerian. He declared openly in Offa in Yoruba that he is at home. It's not even politically sound for him to say he is a Nigerian as a sitting Ghanaian President. He can only openly declare his root just like Obama did in Kenya. If he didn't make that declaration, most of us don't even know and it's interesting that he flew straight from Abuja to Offa with full paraphernalia of a sitting Ghanaian President. That's a big statement.

Since he left office, he has been physically involved in community events and activities in Offa wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by vaxx: 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

You are right. He never declared that he is a Nigerian. He declared openly in Offa in Yoruba that he is at home. It's not even politically sound for him to say he is a Nigerian as a sitting Ghanaian President. He can only openly declare his root just like Obama did in Kenya. If he didn't make that declaration, most of us don't even know and it's interesting that he flew straight from Abuja to Offa with full paraphernalia of a sitting Ghanaian President. That's a big statement.

Since he left office, he has been involved in community events and activities in Offa wink
He is biologically a Ghanaian. He has a stepmother who is a nigerian yes but not his own direct parent . this isn't the case of Obama.

If he said he is at home , then the statement is mere meterphorical to honor her step mother I guess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by Corn247: 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
vaxx:
He is biologically a Ghanaian. He has a stepmother who is a nigerian yes but not his own direct parent . this isn't the case of Obama.

If he said he is at home , then the statement is mere meterphorical to honor her step mother I guess.

Very lame comeback, how can he claim he is from offa Just because his step Mom is from offa, that's too far na. The man himself said he is from offa, not just him even the former president of Benin said he is from ogun State

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by vaxx: 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2023
Corn247:

Very lame comeback, how can he claim he is from offa Just because his step Mom is from offa, that's too far na. The man himself said he is from offa, not just him even the former president of Benin said he is from ogun State
You guys reason from your anus. Where does he said he is from offa? Even obama didn't say is from Kenya .

Some people are trained extremely by their step parent and feel connected with them. The former president is one . His biography can be read online

1 Like

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by waynetee(m): 3:54pm On Dec 30, 2023
Stonebwoy is actually the biggest Ghanaian artist right now

5 Likes

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by abdeefggh: 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
Corn247:

I don't think he is offa indigene, he just grew up there and speak yoruba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by olisaEze(m): 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2023
Me sef, I'm not a Nigerian. My ancestors migrated from America to share penis'illin to African women, but got stuck and settled here when their bus broke down after entering a porthole on the high sea. Shout out to my peeps in London, New Jersey! Check 'em out online if you can..... Dis Ghana bwoy must think he's the only one with the monopoly of madness! grin
Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by biaframaster200: 4:27pm On Dec 30, 2023
All.these people. from.Potopoto region will. rush this thread with their hateful comments....

They always think that Yoruba culture and people are theirs are at par...meanwhile... after their miniature poto poto region in the landlocked cursed region of Nigeria....they don't have any heritage. any other country.....

After the Fulani tribe...The Yoruba tribe is the largest in the entire Africa......Gbam!!!!

1 Like

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by Raf4: 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
rinzaugustine:
Lol Agbado forcefully attaching and celebrating somebody from Ghana because they now admit and believe that Ghana is superior to Nigeria now..etc Same Agbado that detached themselves from other tribes in Nigeria..even ilorin …standing logic upside down…this is sad

You must have suffered an excruciating inner-heart convulsion because of that small story by @Stonebwoy. Bitter soul!

3 Likes

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by CJStarz: 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2023
Kindly educate me sir....
Why are they all bearing foreign names?
Slave returnees?

FreeStuffsNG:
They are helping the economy,
educational and political development of Sierra Leone a lot by leveraging on their Yoruba roots here in Nigeria.

Saros , Popo Aguda, Creole etc are Yoruba families who first settled in Freetown after the abolition of slavery before finally returning home to Yorubaland in Lagos and Abeokuta prominently. https://www.google.com/url?q=https://journals.co.za/doi/pdf/10.10520/AJA00757640_77&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjO9u-bpLeDAxWbVUEAHdiEB84QFnoECAkQAg&usg=AOvVaw0gZtz9VZTGRvW-eviVVWBg

One of the descendants of such Yoruba families is Olayemi Cardoso, Nigeria's current Central Bank Governor and many captains of industry including the Tinubu family from which Nigeria's President hail from.

Asiwaju Tinubu in his famous Abeokuta "Emilokan" speech said it that he is from Abeokuta too and the delegates should not treat him differently from Prof Osinbajo. The Tinubu family and their area is a very prominent place in Abeokuta. Even the Alakijas too. This elite and wealthy successful Yoruba families are arguably the Yoruba's kept secret success formula.

Shout out to these Yoruba families;
Vaughan
Willoughby
Petgrave
Phillips
Thomas
Beecroft
Verissimo,
Shaw,
Da-Silva,
Pratt,
Payne,
Bickersteth,
Cole,
Carrena,
Damazio,
Pedro,
Audiffren,
Gomez,
Jones,
Rhodes,
Darocha,
Williams,
Sawyerr,
Pearse,
Ransome-Kuti,
Plumptre,
Bucknor,
Santos,
Savage,
Turton,
Dallas,
Johnson,
Moore,
Macaulay,
Egerton,
Boyle,
Domingo,
Randle,
Carr,
Davies,
George,
Blaise,
Davies,
Shacleford,
Taylor,
Combe,
Candide,
Vera-Cruz,
Anthony,
Fernandez,
Lawanson,
Clegg,
Damazio,
Lucas,
Lewis,
Martins,
Campbell,
Smith,
Coker,
Braithwaite,
Wellington,
Vivour,
Silva,
Soares
Antonio
Brown,
Salvador,
Holloway,
Peters,
Macgregor,
Grillo,
Campos,
Trezises,
Pereira,
Pineirho,
Martinez,
Marinho,
Dacosta,
Piero,
Ribeiro,
De Souza,
Moreira,
Cardoso,
Ferreira,
Cruz,
Ganzallo,
Branco,
Agusto,
Shitta-Bey,
Allen,
Coates,
Evans,
Forsythe,
Griffin,
Griffith,
Joseph,
Berkley,
MacCarthy,
Fischer,
Ricketts,
Roberts,
Simpson,
Reis,
Shyllon

1 Like

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by Konquest: 8:44pm On Jan 04
abdeefggh:

Popular Ghanaian Afro-pop star, Livingstone Etse Satekla, better known as Stonebwoy, has disclosed that he hails from the Yoruba tribe in Nigeria.The Dancehall musician disclosed this during an encounter with popular car influencer, Ola of Lagos.

He stated that he is a Nigerian and that his tribe Ewe is from Oyo Kingdom. According to him, his ancestor migrated from the Southern part of Nigeria before settling in Ghana making him trace his roots to Nigeria, Oyo Kingdom.In his words: “Me sef nah Niger, no lies. Me nah Ewe from Oyo Kingdom, my tribe migrated from Nigeria to Ghana here, na we get Ilesha. Shout-out to my people in the southern part of Nigeria, check Ewe, we root straight to Yoruba”, Stonebwoy said.

Re: I’m Nigerian From Oyo Kingdom, Says Ghanaian Singer Stonebwoy by Wolexyoshi(m): 9:13pm On Jan 04
Ghanaian historians believed their roots is from the western part of Nigeria, Oyo and Osun mostly and that why those two states dominate The Yorubas in Ghana.

Welcome in Ghana language is Akwaaba.
Welcome in Yoruba language is E kabo.

YORUBA TO THE WORLD!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

3rd Term Implications / What If War Erupts In My Nigeria? / Olu Saraki’s Case File Disappears At Efcc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.