Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,053 members, 7,818,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks (25382 Views)

Undercover: How A Nigerian Reporter Got Cotonou University-Degree In Six Weeks / The Three Free Apps That Are More Important Than Any University Degree / Pastor Adeyemi's Daughter Graduates With Masters Degree In Law In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by leadinggists(m): 9:23am On Dec 31, 2023
Sure thing
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by GeneralOjukwu: 10:13am On Dec 31, 2023
GreaterFuture:

What Kind of Money will Buying/having a PhD fetch you?

The type of money you would forever only dream of. grin
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by GreaterFuture(m): 10:31am On Dec 31, 2023
GeneralOjukwu:

The type of money you would forever only dream of. grin
Why react so unnecessarily rudely?
Was asking a genuine question so as to Understand why you said so...

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by nifton(m): 10:37am On Dec 31, 2023
What a Mess!!
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by Lamasta(m): 10:50am On Dec 31, 2023
Why post the picture of the young man even if I strongly don't support his corrupt degree charade

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by GeneralOjukwu: 11:40am On Dec 31, 2023
GreaterFuture:

Why react so unnecessarily rudely?
Was asking a genuine question so as to Understand what you said so...

Next time, you would learn how to address your elders more politely.
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by PaZwoD: 12:13pm On Dec 31, 2023
Ishilove:
Contd.

https://dailynigerian.com/undercover-how-daily-nigerian/

Apt.

This is investigative Journalism at its best, no where to hide.

D truth is we have so much to on our personal being as individuals; we can't be corrupt as individuals n except d Leader to be clean. Afterall, our leaders are elected from the same us, we have a very bad habit.

Self counselling and reorientation should be encouraged.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by Ishilove: 12:39pm On Dec 31, 2023
Lamasta:
Why post the picture of the young man even if I strongly don't support his corrupt degree charade
They posted it themselves on the source site

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by GloriousGbola: 12:44pm On Dec 31, 2023
now this is journalism

not lazy clickbait

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by Ishilove: 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2023
GloriousGbola:
now this is journalism

not lazy clickbait
It's been long I read a product of this kind of investigative journalism

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by GreaterFuture(m): 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2023
GeneralOjukwu:

Next time, you would learn how to address your elders more politely.
How was I rude iny original quote asking you?
How??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by naptu2: 1:16pm On Dec 31, 2023
The National Universities Commission (NUC) waged war against these Benenoise universities from the mid-2000s till the late 2010s, especially when Julius Okojie was executive secretary. The produced a list of banned universities and sent it to the NYSC, all professional bodies and all universities. I don't know why their efforts waned.

There was a time that the lists regularly made Nairaland's home page.

Your Certificate Is Useless If You Attended Any Of These Universities says NUC
https://www.nairaland.com/5103579/certificate-useless-attended-these-universities

NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates
https://www.nairaland.com/5323208/nysc-discriminates-against-benin-republic

NUC Blacklists 57 Universities As ‘illegal’ (SEE LIST)
https://www.nairaland.com/2557460/nuc-blacklists-57-universities-illegal

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by J2381: 1:32pm On Dec 31, 2023
Ishilove:
Contd.

https://dailynigerian.com/undercover-how-daily-nigerian/
Hmm. This is very troubling oh. Can you imagine.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by Ishilove: 2:31pm On Dec 31, 2023
J2381:
Hmm. This is very troubling oh. Van you imagine.
Like Omoluabi16 said, Nigerians are a problem unto themselves too because these kinds of racketeering will not exist if there wasn't a large clientele available

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by Lamasta(m): 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2023
Ishilove:

They posted it themselves on the source site

Good job from the journalist though

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by J2381: 2:59pm On Dec 31, 2023
Ishilove:

Like Omoluabi said, Nigerians are a problem unto themselves too because these kinds of racketeering will not exist if there wasn't a large clientele available
yep. If there's no drug users, their won't be drug dealers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by Ishilove: 3:01pm On Dec 31, 2023
J2381:
yep. If there's no drug users, their won't be drug dealers.
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by GloriousGbola: 3:05pm On Dec 31, 2023
naptu2:
The National Universities Commission (NUC) waged war against these Benenoise universities from the mid-2000s till the late 2010s, especially when Julius Okojie was executive secretary. The produced a list of banned universities and sent it to the NYSC, all professional bodies and all universities. I don't know why their efforts waned.

There was a time that the lists regularly made Nairaland's home page.

Your Certificate Is Useless If You Attended Any Of These Universities says NUC
https://www.nairaland.com/5103579/certificate-useless-attended-these-universities

NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates
https://www.nairaland.com/5323208/nysc-discriminates-against-benin-republic

NUC Blacklists 57 Universities As ‘illegal’ (SEE LIST)
https://www.nairaland.com/2557460/nuc-blacklists-57-universities-illegal

probably something something Asari Dokubo benin university GEJ years
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by omobolade980: 3:22pm On Dec 31, 2023
..oga calm down.the post be nor mention your name.. ..oga calm down.the post be nor mention your name.. ...
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by naptu2: 3:25pm On Dec 31, 2023
GloriousGbola:

probably something something Asari Dokubo benin university GEJ years

Not just that, there was a particular university, Houdegbe North American University, that kept churning out half-baked graduates. I think it was the first university that was banned. It's almost as if that university was set up because of Nigerians. They even had adverts on Nairaland. I believe they were there before Asari's university.

(The battle has actually been on before 2015).

Persistent list entry

A persistent entry on the list of illegal universities is that of Houdegbe North American University in Benin (HNAUB), situated some 60 kilometres from the Nigerian border. Founded in 1997, HNAUB is a bilingual university recognised by the government of Benin. About 90% of enrolled students are Nigerians, according to reports.

Since 2015, there has been endless controversy between the two countries over the legal status of the university and the NUC has repeatedly warned Nigerians not to patronise the institution.

Yakasai has said the NUC cannot “vouch for its quality”.

“We have made persistent efforts to undertake fact-finding visits to the university. Our efforts were frustrated by HNAUB authorities. We have a right to say that it is not a recognised university [in terms of] the rules and regulations of NUC,” he said.

In a 2015 report in a local Nigerian newspaper, the Benin university authorities rejected all the NUC’s warnings to students seeking admission to the university.

“The issue of unethical practices as alleged by NUC was not different from the age-old conflict mentality and philosophical orientation between Anglophone and Francophone countries. The difference does not connote bad, or inferior and substandard.

“We are as mindful of quality assurance as the NUC might claim to be in its mission, but … we believe this is better realised through mutual respect and cooperation among supervisory regulators, instead of the aggressive, imperialist and grand-standing posture of the NUC which negates Nigeria’s leadership and responsibilities.”

https://www.universityworldnews.com/post.php?story=20180531144939693

Nigerian students battle Houdegbe varsity over non-accreditation of programmes
https://guardian.ng/features/nigerian-students-battle-houdegbe-varsity-over-non-accreditation-of-programmes/

Houdegbe North American University (hnaub)
https://www.nairaland.com/298175/houdegbe-north-american-university-hnaub

Houdegbe North American University Is A Scam(be Warned).
https://ww.nairaland.com/1325376/houdegbe-north-american-university-scam

The last thread is from 2013.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by HausaIgboYoruba: 3:56pm On Dec 31, 2023
Ishilove:
Not only was he awarded a degree, he also participated in the NYSC scheme.

this is investigative journalism. Well-done

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by Benekkk: 4:43pm On Dec 31, 2023
If we hadn’t killed corruption, corruption would have finished us!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by Saurav750(m): 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2023
Want to start advertising your brand
Email marketing tool are the best option to advertise your brand to people.
Check out amazing email marketing tool.
Below
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by naptu2: 12:08pm On Jan 01
kaycast:
  Honestly i dont know why i am doing this, but my heart goes out to all the student being bobarded by JAMB, why do we have to stay at home for so long, for the truth about JAMB visit http://www.nigerian-youth..com
     My main issue is to talk about my school, am in 300 level, in the above school (HNAUB) its in republic of benin, just cotonou here, the truth is why waste time at home for jamb or one school or the other, my school is quite cheap compared to most if not all Nigerian private universities, we have various courses available and you have the oppourtunity to finish within 3 years or 4 in the case of Law, what are you waiting for?, for information on my school, visit the school's blog http://www.hnaubonlinemart..com

philip0906:
@kaycast
dat ur school is shit.big shit.I live in cotonou and had my secoundary school there and i finishd in 2006 .It took me 3 years of waiting b4 i finally got admission into Babcock university and i don't regret waiting.All these while,dat school never came across my mind even though people were telling me 2 come there.it is not just going 2 school but going to a gud one.dat houdegbe ,who accredited the school?the school is full of people wey wan chop life. grin.u can enter there with 3 credits 2 study law sef.no facilities and gud lab yet,they offer medicine.They even borrow lecturers 4rm Lasu.abegi dat na yeye school.if u finish where u go carry the degree go work?So Nigerians Beware only if u want 2 go and chop life 4 cotonou and dance decale coupe 4 jonquet. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by naptu2: 12:10pm On Jan 01
kaycast:
Its so strange how people can talk blindly, and be so myopic in their way of thinking, you left the country since when i think you need help, why not get updated. mark my words we would see who stands out at the end of the day. For those interested the schoolis accredited and people serve in NIGERIA, Besides why are you talking like an illeterate, does Nigeria have to accredit a school in another country, simply because we have Nigerian there, besides from the way you are talking it tells me a great about what you are studying and where you are studying lol.
@mr crackles help yourself but be polite to use better words next time.

philip0906:

u just typed a whole load of crap.Absolute rubish.let me tell u,I have friends there.I know everything about the school.I still live in cotonou,cos thats where ma parents reside.I visited the school when I came 2 p.k 10,and I tell u nothing has changed.only that they painted some parts of the school.Many of the people I know there,don't even merit being in school.I know what I'm saying.Ur school admits[b] ILLITERATES[/b].And I will still ask again cos u have not answered me;WHO ACREDITTED HOUDEGBE?   WHERE WILL YOU WORK WITH THE DEGREE?.YOUR SCHOOL RENTS LECTURERS FROM LASU(who come when ever they like)abi am i lying?My friend,it is only girls that want 2 go and dance decale coupe in jonquet(cos i have seen ur girls there) that will b rushing there.UR SCHOOL IS CRAP.IT IS A BIG SHIT.nd mind u,the ministry of education published a list of schools that were not accredited by them nd HOUDEGBE was amongst them.So 4 those who want 2 go 2 school,don't let the name deceive you.The guy who owns it is a business man.BEWARE HOUDEGBE NORTH AMERICAN UNIVERSITY IS RUBBISH.I know what I'm saying tongue tongue tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by naptu2: 12:12pm On Jan 01
kellyjohn911:
I'd like 2 use this medium 2 inform d entire the nigerians with help of nigerian union of universities(NUC) to pls help us scrap of this so called Houdegboe North American University(Hnaub). Am a student there, a law student to be precise. I keep asking myself;how on earth would Nigerian Union of Universities(NUC) allowed hnaub be among d serving university. It so annoying u see a university produce incompetent graduates.The university lacks so many infrastructures. The school of medcines is d worst of all. the department where cadavals are been smuggled in 4 student to use for medical student practicals. The recent happening now is,minimum of 5students loose their lives every semester and we're yet to figure what do happen to them. To be honest, nigerians are gona be facing more disasters if proper care is not taking. I'd plead wit d minister of education to please looking into this problem. Though,we heard from a reliable source that,the owner Pro. Octave Houdegbe bribes with a huge sum of 15million-20million naira so as to get NYSC slot every year. This is a big dent on nigerians. My fellow nigerians pls spread it round 2 help promote good education in nigeria. Naija oni baje.....
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by Ishilove: 1:17pm On Jan 01
naptu2:

Wow.

I know someone who went to ISFOP University in Cotonou to study Sociology. He resumed in 100 level in March, and by October of the same year, he had bagged his BSc 😂😂😂😂.

He even served in the Batch B of NYSC the following year 🤣

He told me the students from the Northern region of Nigeria could only spell their names and nothing much. When they are writing their tests or exams, they write their names only and quietly wait for the time to elapse. When any of them gets tired of waiting or becomes bored, he would go submit his empty answer sheet. That is usually their cue because the rest of them will follow suit en masse. Herd mentality on display. At the end of the semester, the Northern students usually score the highest. 😆😆😆

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by princeabdul(m): 1:29pm On Jan 01
This is sad and a disgrace of development.

Please I have jerseys for club and country for sale, price ranges from 20k to 9k, location is kaduna but delivery is Nationwide 🔥 🔥 🙏

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by TimeMachine2: 1:32pm On Jan 01
Veey easy, Cubana chiefpriest, Alex Ekubo bought theirs for 3m in cotonou .

GeneralOjukwu:
grin

I wan quickly buy PhD. Use am make some money. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by lost24: 1:41pm On Jan 01
Happy new Year

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by spencekat(m): 1:41pm On Jan 01
TimeMachine2:
Veey easy, Cubana chiefpriest, Alex Ekubo bought theirs for 3m in cotonou .

Honorary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely / problems and prospects of Nigerian cooperatives / FG Bans Assemblies, Overcrowding, Visiting Days As Schools Resume On Monday 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.