Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks (25400 Views)

Undercover: How A Nigerian Reporter Got Cotonou University-Degree In Six Weeks / The Three Free Apps That Are More Important Than Any University Degree / Pastor Adeyemi's Daughter Graduates With Masters Degree In Law In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by RepoMan007: 3:09pm On Jan 01
Bluntemperor:

Are you Okay at all?
Why are you trying to divert attention on Serious issues, and did they tell you that same 6-months awards of 4- years Certificates was happening in the Nigerian Institutions? I never read that!
Since you are now the Speaker for all the Institutions in Contonou, Benin-Republic,Togo,etc,so Nigeria should not arrest the Matters head on,abi?
Instead of you to address the Solutions to the Authority,you are just not doing that! So we should continue to Patronise them,abi?
lol. You are so funny. Double standard is ravaging your brain.
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by CJStarz: 3:09pm On Jan 01
Rookie journalist! By exposing his face,this guy has put his life in danger. The syndicate may go after him. He's stepped on big toes both in Nigeria and in Togo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by naptu2: 3:10pm On Jan 01
grin grin grin

CodeTemplar and RepoMan007 cannot answer my questions because they simply just jumped into something that they do not understand.

You need to understand what's being said before you reply. Don't reply just for the sake of replying.

I wrote that the NUC has waged war against these universities from mid-2000s (that is 2005) till the late 2010s (that is 2019) and I don't know why they waned, yet these funny people are replying with something that happened in November 2023. Can you believe that??

I posted a link to a list of Nigerian universities (and some Benenise and even Ghanaian universities), yet CodeTemplar's first statement to me was that there has never been a list of Nigerian universities. Can you beat that? Here are the threads again.

57 Fake Nigerian Universities in 2019 - Your Certificate Is Useless If You Attended Any Of These Schools!
https://www.nairaland.com/5103579/certificate-useless-attended-these-universities

NUC Blacklists 57 Universities As ‘illegal’ (SEE LIST)
https://www.nairaland.com/2557460/nuc-blacklists-57-universities-illegal

And yes, LASU did appear in some of those lists back then because the NUC refused to accredit its law programme. It was forced to stop accepting law students and correct the problem before it was accredited again.

Read, understand, don't just jump into what you don't understand

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by naptu2: 3:12pm On Jan 01
And with that, I am not reading or responding to anything they post again because they have shown that they cannot post anything that's worth my time.

naptu2:
grin grin grin

CodeTemplar and RepoMan007 cannot answer my questions because they simply just jumped into something that they do not understand.

You need to understand what's being said before you reply. Don't reply just for the sake of replying.

I wrote that the NUC has waged war against these universities from mid-2000s (that is 2005) till the late 2010s (that is 2019) and I don't know why they waned, yet these funny people are replying with something that happened in November 2023. Can you believe that??

I posted a link to a list of Nigerian universities (and some Benenise and even Ghanaian universities), yet CodeTemplar's first statement to me was that there has never been a list of Nigerian universities. Can you beat that? Here are the threads again.

57 Fake Nigerian Universities in 2019 - Your Certificate Is Useless If You Attended Any Of These Schools!
https://www.nairaland.com/5103579/certificate-useless-attended-these-universities

NUC Blacklists 57 Universities As ‘illegal’ (SEE LIST)
https://www.nairaland.com/2557460/nuc-blacklists-57-universities-illegal

And yes, LASU did appear in some of those lists back then because the NUC refused to accredit its law programme. It was forced to stop accepting law students and correct the problem before it was accredited again.

Read, understand, don't just jump into what you don't understand
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by Lumarstone: 3:16pm On Jan 01
Everything is possible with money!

Do not be surprised that that certificate holder maybe appointed as Secretary to the STATE GOVERNMENT (SSG) in his state of origin if he joins a ruling party in his state.

No be 9ja we dey where everything is possible!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by DollarSigns(m): 3:17pm On Jan 01
Ishilove:
Image 1- The degree certificate

Image 2- A page in the reporter's passport, showing exit and entry stamps of both Nigerian and Beninois immigrations.

Image 3- Umar Audu fully kitted at Obubra NYSC Orientation Camp, Cross River State

Image 4- Umar Audu, DAILY NIGERIAN reporter at NYSC orientation camp
You should be arrested and jailed for fraud, what sort of investigative journalism Who asked you?? Can’t you go to the forests and do investigative analysis on the techniques of kidnapping
Nigerians and over sabi

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by RepoMan007: 3:21pm On Jan 01
naptu2:
And with that, I am not reading or responding to anything they post again because they have shown that they cannot post anything that's worth my time.

You now hiding contents in quote too. So LASU just started awarding theirs in November according to naptu2. The quality of mods here is reflectve of Nairaland as a whole. Maybe you are part of the racket too.

FYI, as far back as 2009 I know in OOU, law a third class can be upgraded to as high as a 2:1 but is OOU law department on that useless list you are parading?
LASU Mech Engr department too is another unfortunate department I personally know of for over a decade. Are they on your useless list?

The joke is on you and yours.
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by Carot: 3:24pm On Jan 01
Ishilove:

Wow.

I know someone who went to ISFOP University in Cotonou to study Sociology. He resumed in 100 level in March, and by October of the same year, he had bagged his BSc 😂😂😂😂.

He even served in the Batch B of NYSC the following year 🤣

He told me the students from the Northern region of Nigeria could only spell their names and nothing much. When they are writing their tests or exams, they write their names only and quietly wait for the time to elapse. When any of them gets tired of waiting or becomes bored, he would go submit his empty answer sheet. That is usually their cue because the rest of them will follow suit en masse. Herd mentality on display. At the end of the semester, the Northern students usually score the highest. 😆😆😆
happy new year my love
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by naptu2: 3:24pm On Jan 01
That funny guy is still trying to entertain me, but it's a waste of time. He has shown me that he cannot understand anything that I post, so how can I discuss anything with him?

I won't read or reply anything that they post.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by RepoMan007: 3:27pm On Jan 01
Agugbadin:

Maybe @RepoMan007 is a product of such school or system. The Federal Ministry of Education. should as a matter of urgency remove all institutions from West Africa francophone countries from list of accredited institutions.
Thank you. Maybe you are a product of LASU too.

Nigerians exported cultism and campus vices to those schools and I am highly convinced the influenced the fake cert practices in those schools too.
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by RepoMan007: 3:28pm On Jan 01
naptu2:
That funny guy is still trying to entertain me, but it's a waste of time. He has shown me that he cannot understand anything that I post, so how can I discuss anything with him?

I won't read or reply anything that they post.
You are pathetic.
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by Gentlesoul2021(m): 3:30pm On Jan 01
Ishilove:

Image 2- A page in the reporter's passport, showing exit and entry stamps of both Nigerian and Beninois immigrations.

Image 3- Umar Audu fully kitted at Obubra NYSC Orientation Camp, Cross River State

Lol, nysc in the mud. But lemme ask hope they won't arrest this reporter having involving himself in a shaky deal...
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by naptu2: 3:33pm On Jan 01
And as I wrote before, LASU appeared on those lists when its law programme was not accredited and it had to stop accepting law students.

https://educeleb.com/only-unilag-full-accreditation-law/

https://dailytrust.com/dean-says-nucs-non-accreditation-responsible-for-lasus-non-matriculation-of-law-students/

I remember that Uniben also once had issues with its medicine programme.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by Gentlesoul2021(m): 3:35pm On Jan 01
heykims:

Name the school abeg and give us an instance

I think he's talking toward direct entry
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by RepoMan007: 3:39pm On Jan 01
“The certificate racketeering syndicate has genuine Lagos State University certificates that anyone interested can purchase for between N2 million and N3 million, depending on the technicality of the course involved,” one of the sources had said.

“Once they have their client, the only things they will ask from the client are money and their O-level certificate. They check the number of credits you have. That will determine the course they will recommend. As professionals, they know the course you should do or the degree you should go for once you have this or that. Once that is settled, they have members of the syndicate in the ICT department of the school who will input the person’s date into the server. They collect the money and input all your scores, and after, it will be posted on the server of the university.

“Once you go to the school's server with the matric number generated for you, you get the name and details of the student there as an authentic student.”
An excerpt for naptu2, bluntemperor, litmus and co. That's LASU being bursted by DSS. Should we conclude all Nigerian schools are mushroom schools also? If no, why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by Bluntemperor: 3:41pm On Jan 01
RepoMan007:
lol. You are so funny. Double standard is ravaging your brain.

So,you lack courtesy and home trainings, even as you try to justify your actions through frustration in the New year!
Nigerians have never go or support a Programme of 6-Months in a 4- years Programs,which you ought to have condemned outrightly but rather you are speewing rubbish on the platform!
Do you have such a Certificate with you,I want to check something?
Very Shameful act,you know!
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by RepoMan007: 3:43pm On Jan 01
naptu2:
And as I wrote before, LASU appeared on those lists when its law programme was not accredited and it had to stop accepting law students.

https://educeleb.com/only-unilag-full-accreditation-law/

https://dailytrust.com/dean-says-nucs-non-accreditation-responsible-for-lasus-non-matriculation-of-law-students/

I remember that Uniben also once had issues with its medicine programme.
Accreditation and certificate racketeering is now being equated by a super-bigot. No wonder Nairaland is a mess in terms of content quality.

Seun come and see your moderator o.
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by RepoMan007: 3:47pm On Jan 01
Bluntemperor:

So,you lack courtesy and home trainings, even as you try to justify your actions through frustration in the New year!
Nigerians have never go or support a Programme of 6-Months in a 4- years Programs,which you ought to have condemned outrightly but rather you are speewing rubbish on the platform!
Do you have such a Certificate with you,I want to check something?
Very Shameful act,you know!

“The certificate racketeering syndicate has genuine Lagos State University certificates that anyone interested can purchase for between N2 million and N3 million, depending on the technicality of the course involved,” one of the sources had said.

“Once they have their client, the only things they will ask from the client are money and their O-level certificate. They check the number of credits you have. That will determine the course they will recommend. As professionals, they know the course you should do or the degree you should go for once you have this or that. Once that is settled, they have members of the syndicate in the ICT department of the school who will input the person’s date into the server. They collect the money and input all your scores, and after, it will be posted on the server of the university.

“Once you go to the school's server with the matric number generated for you, you get the name and details of the student there as an authentic student.”
That's excerpt on how LASU award theirs in less than 6 days. DSS did the bursting and not me. That thread mostly attracted comments comparing it to chigaco state uni. Hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by musicwriter(m): 4:11pm On Jan 01
While I appreciate this investigation but I don't like the fact that it has tarnished the image of genuine students in ESGT and in Benin republic as a whole.

Is the reporter saying there are no genuine students schooling in ESGT or in Benin republic as a whole? Why didn't this reporter tell us anything about genuine students in Benin republic?

I've lived in Cotonou in the same apartment with Nigerian, Congolese, Liberian, etc students who school in Benin republic.

You can get a dubious degree from any Nigerian university too. Deal with your corrupt Nigeria first because Benin republic is more sane than Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by Kemadealadire(f): 4:21pm On Jan 01
This isn't new, one can get a PhD and professorship.
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by GUNITGuy: 4:30pm On Jan 01
How people expect Nigeria to Know Peace with Injustice is an Irony....Decent people would cry look for Jobs won't find...Shady people would call the shot and even mock hardworking persons

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by dangotesmummy: 4:55pm On Jan 01
Cotonou,the junior brother of nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by sageb: 4:56pm On Jan 01
Ishilove:

Wow.

I know someone who went to ISFOP University in Cotonou to study Sociology. He resumed in 100 level in March, and by October of the same year, he had bagged his BSc 😂😂😂😂.

He even served in the Batch B of NYSC the following year 🤣

He told me the students from the Northern region of Nigeria could only spell their names and nothing much. When they are writing their tests or exams, they write their names only and quietly wait for the time to elapse. When any of them gets tired of waiting or becomes bored, he would go submit his empty answer sheet. That is usually their cue because the rest of them will follow suit en masse. Herd mentality on display. At the end of the semester, the Northern students usually score the highest. 😆😆😆

Imagine the rot in the Benin Republic's educational system.
Years ago, one of the" Benin university crew" could not write an application letter 😢
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by Bluntemperor: 5:20pm On Jan 01
RepoMan007:

That's excerpt on how LASU award theirs in less than 6 days. DSS did the bursting and not me. That thread mostly attracted comments comparing it to chigaco state uni. Hypocrites.

Wrong use if words,as you should know who is an hypocrite !
You are still beating around the bush- please, Condemn what is not good,as being practiced by Togo or Coutonou!
-Point of Correction-- did Chicago University ever issue fake Certificate? NO.It is a 'Nigerian thing' ,just to call a dog a bad name!
Just like Corruption is a ' Nigerian thing'
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by Abacus206: 5:22pm On Jan 01
🚀 Introducing Abacus Edu Consult: Your Gateway to Academic Excellence! 🚀

Are you seeking a competitive edge in your academic journey? Look no further! Abacus Edu Consult is here to empower you with top-notch data analysis, research work, and academic writing services tailored to your needs.

📈 Our expert team specializes in undergraduate and masters-level research, ensuring that your projects stand out with precision and depth. From data collection to analysis and interpretation, we've got you covered!

📝 Struggling with assignments or academic writings? No worries! Our skilled writers are proficient in local and foreign academic styles, delivering high-quality content that not only meets but exceeds your expectations.

💬 Need instant support? Reach out to us on WhatsApp at 09047358603. Our dedicated consultants are always ready to assist you, 24/7.

🌟 Choose Abacus Edu Consult and unlock your full potential! Experience the difference with our unparalleled services and commitment to your success. Get started today and let us help you shine!
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by symbianDON(m): 5:38pm On Jan 01
PinkNature:

You can actually get a pharmacy certificate within 3 years even in Nigeria.
from where please?
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by seunayantokun(m): 5:51pm On Jan 01
When I first read some paragraphs, I knew it was a special project. Award winning, no doubt. However, he could have added real instances of damage done as some humans have suffered the results of the pipeline of corruption - that would have made it a reverberating 'global noise'.
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by seunayantokun(m): 5:56pm On Jan 01
musicwriter:
While I appreciate this investigation but I don't like the fact that it has tarnished the image of genuine students in ESGT and in Benin republic as a whole.

Is the reporter saying there are no genuine students schooling in ESGT or in Benin republic as a whole? Why didn't this reporter tell us anything about genuine students in Benin republic?

I've lived in Cotonou in the same apartment with Nigerian, Congolese, Liberian, etc students who school in Benin republic.

You can get a dubious degree from any Nigerian university too. Deal with your corrupt Nigeria first because Benin republic is more sane than Nigeria.
Good observation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by olamike02: 6:14pm On Jan 01
I'll rather employ a secondary school leaver than a person with a degree from Benin Republic.
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by emdis: 6:19pm On Jan 01
Ishilove:
Contd.

https://dailynigerian.com/undercover-how-daily-nigerian/

would nysc jail him? Cox that's the consequences of double participation! Or what happens in a case like this?
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by ejimatic: 6:30pm On Jan 01
Ishilove:

They use such certificates to contest elections in Nigeria.

Most politicians in Nigeria with sudden abroad degrees cannot even pass a General Studies paper in any Nigerian university let alone writing a project.

It will interest you to know that there are peoy who ubdetake project writing for money across Nigeria now let alone abroad.
My question is : are foreign certificates evaluated again in Nigeria before holders go for NYSC?
Re: Nigerian Reporter Bags Cotonou University Degree in 6 Weeks by Litmus: 6:32pm On Jan 01
RepoMan007:
Use your brain. I have equally come across several Nigerian graduated who know nothing and not even your close to nothing. The way yo guys with perpetual inferiority complex are generalizing this thing is disgraceful. I am sure a lot of Nigerian influence will be in the racket doing this 6 weeks cert stuff.

I doubt that even if you're from Benin Republic you'd be proud of if your kid obtained thire degrees from Benin Republic institutions instead of Nigeria ones, let alone Oxford, Cambridge or Harvard!

Those that are Nigerians ( not online Nigerian whose true nationality cannot be trustfully ascertained) need to stop excusing everything in the name wanting to belittle Nigeria for whatever reasons. Standards are important for society.

If you people continue along this trajectory, Africa will spiral ever downward into one gigantic mediocre bilge of sameness.

It is necessary to accept that UK and American universities are better than Nigeria ones and Nigeria ones are better than West Africa ones. Such hierarchies encourage striving and consequently progress. Nigeria should strive to creat better Universities than the best in Europe and Asia. West Africa nations should try and better Nigeria. These things should be done by using brain and energy to work towards these goals not the stupidity of emotions such as jealousy, hatred and envy to pull down in order to climb over.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lawyers Advise Parents To Sue Covenant University For Suspension Of 200 Students / Are You An ABUSITE? Welcome To Our Crib. / Secondary Teacher Disappears With N2m WAEC Enrolment Fee In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.