Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus (2274 Views)

Reason While You Must Repent Today / You Must Repent Or Perish / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by ProudNigerian01: 11:04am On Dec 31, 2023
1John.1.8 - If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1John.1.9 - If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Constant repentance is critical in our Christian journey and it is important we know this and act accordingly. Repentance is an act of humility before God, a way of depending on him to make us perfect as he is perfect Matt 5v48.

One common trick, the accuser of the brethren often uses against God's children is making us think immediate and constant repentance isn't important. Well, it is and you must learn to adopt a lifestyle of repentance no matter how "LITTLE" your sin was. Remember pride, unforgiveness, anger leading to offence amongst others are all wins.

Let us repent right now of those sins we might have committed knowingly and unknowingly, good thing you are not in the church auditorium where you are asked to come to the front so please despise your pride and shame and do this with all your heart.

Say the Prayer:

Father I acknowledge I have sinned, I confess all my sins, Be faithful and just to forgive in accordance with your word in Jesus name. Amen.

16 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:25am On Dec 31, 2023
The truth is that not everyone who professes Christ Jesus will make Heaven.
There are many gospel ministers who masturbate, fornicate,lie compulsively,steal from the church purse, engage in homosexuality and bisexuality, lesbianism and other vices,yet they stand on the altar and preach,sing and conduct counseling sessions.
There are gospel singers who live sexually immoral lives .
There are also Professing Christians who pray at all,attend churches,read the Bible,yet the Devil uses their lives to do target practice.
WHY?
Because they have one foot in God's Kingdom and the other in the world,or they have both in God's Kingdom and look backward at the world.
Or they have still the Old Man still active in their lives.The characters of the Old Man include
1.Pride
2.Arrogance
3.Anger
4.Disobedience
5.Self centredness
6.Domineering spirit
7.Rebellion
8.Controlling freak spirit
9.Spirit of criticism
10.Unforgiveness
11.Keeping malice
12.Judgementality
13.Sexual sins of any sort
14.Hypocrisy
15.Backbiting
16.Greed
17.Covetousness.
18.Love of pleasure rather than God and many more .
Many men of God do possess one or more of these vices characterising the Old Man,in their lives.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by UncleKoboko: 11:26am On Dec 31, 2023
Over 3000 religions...
Over 2000 gods...

But the christain god is the one true god, BECAUSE THEIR STORYBOOK (BIBLE) SAYS SO grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ask them for any prove, and they'll still quote the same storybook to you cheesy grin grin Very deluded.

WEYREY people.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by layuns(m): 11:26am On Dec 31, 2023
Oh
Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by LeeMason(m): 11:27am On Dec 31, 2023
Nobody was coerced to swear an oath just to comment on this Christian topic.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by muzilala: 11:28am On Dec 31, 2023
Seconded by me.
Stay away from the post mrRighteousness/Holiness and face your Gaza news and earthquake update!

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by Emmanuel30a: 11:36am On Dec 31, 2023
UncleKoboko:
Over 3000 religions...
Over 2000 gods...

But the christain god is the one true god, BECAUSE THEIR STORYBOOK (BIBLE) SAYS SO grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ask them for any prove, and they'll still quote the same storybook to you cheesy grin grin Very deluded.

WEYREY people.
Dindinrin and weyreh you are?

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by Basicend: 11:37am On Dec 31, 2023
UncleKoboko:
Over 3000 religions...
Over 2000 gods...

WEYREY people.

The Book of The Law (Bible) is not a story book, but a revelation. It is a spiritual guide / book to those that the Almighty God, Tru Jesus Christ has revealed himself unto.

You cannot know Jehovah or the touch of His hands, unless He decides to reveal himself to you.

That is why you will not understand him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by UncleKoboko: 11:38am On Dec 31, 2023
Basicend:

The Book of The Law (Bible) is not a story book, but a revelation. It is a spiritual guide / book to those that the Almighty God, Tru Jesus Christ has revealed himself unto.

You cannot know Jehovah or the touch of His hands, unless He decides to reveal himself to you.

Give me a prove for this claim
Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by UncleKoboko: 11:39am On Dec 31, 2023
Emmanuel30a:
Dindinrin and weyreh you are?
Oloriburuku ọmọ ẹru
Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by BloomingDale(f): 11:42am On Dec 31, 2023
Basicend:

Nigerian xtians and Jesus are like 5 and 6. Nothing can separate them. lol. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ While Nigerian Muslims and their fake Allah god are like bread and butter.

1 Share

Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by theamazonguru(m): 11:47am On Dec 31, 2023
That is why the scriptures talks about about righteousness being like a filthy rag before God.
All of these you have listed is very true, it goes on to show our human nature.
However there is a place of leaning on the help of the holy Ghost.
Even when we fall, scriptures encourages us to rise and not remain fallen.
Proverbs 24:16
For a righteous man may fall seven times And rise again, But the wicked shall fall by calamity.

Thee is no way a man can walk without his head shaking.
That is to tell you that in as much as you try, there are moments you will fall short of his glory.
But what is important is for you to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, having at the back of your mind that there is something called eternity in heaven or hell.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us” (Heb. 12:1).

Philippians 2:12 Why, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1 John 3:3 And every man that has this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by Uchesis: 11:53am On Dec 31, 2023
I don repent sooooooo taaaaay......!!
I don tire to dey repent
Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by Smithwilliams826: 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2023
Uchesis:
I don repent sooooooo taaaaay......!!

I don tire to dey repent
but you no dey tire to sin.
Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by oluwaseyi0: 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2023
God forbid that I repent

Sorry repent of what exactly sef
Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by IAMBOSS1990: 12:09pm On Dec 31, 2023
UncleKoboko:
Over 3000 religions...
Over 2000 gods...

WEYREY people.
You miss the point of being Christlike.

The aim is not to prove anything to you or anybody. The commandment we were given is to love just as we have been loved.

What you choose to believe is left to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by Smithwilliams826: 12:14pm On Dec 31, 2023
BloomingDale:

Nigerian xtians and Jesus are like 5 and 6. Nothing can separate them. lol. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ While Nigerian Muslims and their fake Allah god are like bread and butter.

Isiah 14: 12-14
12 β€œHow you are fallen from heaven,
O 4Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!
13 For you have said in your heart:
I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the omount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.’
How is that related to Jesus Christ?
Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by ProudNigerian01: 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
The characters of the Old Man include
1.Pride
2.Arrogance
3.Anger
You have spoken well Sir, not a lot of Christians know ANGER AND PRIDE are sins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by Postinor: 12:29pm On Dec 31, 2023
Come to islam and be saved
Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by Righthussle: 12:40pm On Dec 31, 2023
UncleKoboko:
Over 3000 religions...
Over 2000 gods...

WEYREY people.

No mind them. Jonsing people. One pastor say make I give my life to their god Jesus, say there are many golden mansions in heaven, say when I die, I go get one. I tell am say I wan sell my own mansion use the money do one or two things now. Say make him give me only 100k collect am. I go sort myself out when I reach heaven. The man no gree.
😁😁

Another welder wey be pastor come my house to preach about heaven to me. And I bin wan work gate for my compound. So i accept him "lord and personal saviour " since him say if i accept i go go heaven. After everything, I come beg am to work my gate say I go pay am when we meet for heaven, the man just laugh commot.😁😁

4 Likes

Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by BloomingDale(f): 12:44pm On Dec 31, 2023
Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by Akano5(m): 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2023
UncleKoboko:
Over 3000 religions...
Over 2000 gods...

WEYREY people.

See you, I can't advice, but, shake my head for you...
Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by Ochibaisik(m): 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2023
UncleKoboko:

Give me a prove for this claim

EVEN IF IT IS BEFORE YOUR VERY FACE,YOU HAVE MADE UP YOUR MIND NEVER TO BELIEVE BUT TO ARGUE BLINDLY.
Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by regaliaregalia: 2:48pm On Dec 31, 2023

Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by judedwriter(m): 3:07pm On Dec 31, 2023
ProudNigerian01:
1John.1.8 - If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1John.1.9 - If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Constant repentance is critical in our Christian journey and it is important we know this and act accordingly. Repentance is an act of humility before God, a way of depending on him to make us perfect as he is perfect Matt 5v48.

One common trick, the accuser of the brethren often uses against God's children is making us think immediate and constant repentance isn't important. Well, it is and you must learn to adopt a lifestyle of repentance no matter how "LITTLE" your sin was. Remember pride, unforgiveness, anger leading to offence amongst others are all wins.

Let us repent right now of those sins we might have committed knowingly and unknowingly, good thing you are not in the church auditorium where you are asked to come to the front so please despise your pride and shame and do this with all your heart.

Say the Prayer:

Father I acknowledge I have sinned, I confess all my sins, Be faithful and just to forgive in accordance with your word in Jesus name. Amen.

Unfortunately very few Christians understand what repentance is all about. That's why few enter into eternal life and many into eternal death.

What I do is to make a list of sins and browse through them asking God for mercy in any way I have sinned against Him.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by ProudNigerian01: 3:25pm On Dec 31, 2023
judedwriter:

Unfortunately very few Christians understand what repentance is all about. That's why few enter into eternal life and many into eternal death.

What I do is to make a list of sins and browse through them asking God for mercy in any way I have sinned against Him.

you are right, May God help us all.
Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by Uchesis: 5:47pm On Dec 31, 2023
Smithwilliams826:
but you no dey tire to sin.
To frck dey tire person?

grin
Re: Why You Must Repent Today, Even If You Profess Jesus by marvrick: 10:42pm On Dec 31, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
The truth is that not everyone who professes Christ Jesus will make Heaven.
There are many gospel ministers who masturbate, fornicate,lie compulsively,steal from the church purse, engage in homosexuality and bisexuality, lesbianism and other vices,yet they stand on the altar and preach,sing and conduct counseling sessions.
There are gospel singers who live sexually immoral lives .
There are also Professing Christians who pray at all,attend churches,read the Bible,yet the Devil uses their lives to do target practice.
WHY?
Because they have one foot in God's Kingdom and the other in the world,or they have both in God's Kingdom and look backward at the world.
Or they have still the Old Man still active in their lives.The characters of the Old Man include
1.Pride
2.Arrogance
3.Anger
4.Disobedience
5.Self centredness
6.Domineering spirit
7.Rebellion
8.Controlling freak spirit
9.Spirit of criticism
10.Unforgiveness
11.Keeping malice
12.Judgementality
13.Sexual sins of any sort
14.Hypocrisy
15.Backbiting
16.Greed
17.Covetousness.
18.Love of pleasure rather than God and many more .
Many men of God do possess one or more of these vices characterising the Old Man,in their lives.

Sorry brother, you're wrong. Judgement of any and all humans has been committed to Jesus alone, the only one Who identifies with our frailties having gone through it too. He is merciful and understands. He will accept anything as long as love is the motive.

You're very ignorant of what Jesus has done for you. If indeed you have received Christ, then you ought to know that you're no longer the one there. You're dead and in place of you is Jesus, the immovable rock. Sin has no place in your life whether you did it knowingly or not. Righteousness is what you are.

Sin as we know it has lost its hold on any born again. It's up to you to grow into the full measure of Christ or remain a babe. There's so much room for growth and improvement for anyone in Christ. Just know one thing: No ine, not even you can pluck yourselves out if Jesus's Hands as long as you have believed in Him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Think God Dnt Exist, Read Dis / The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels / Why Some People Don't Receive Divine Healing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.