Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Why Does Everything In Nigeria Have To Be Doused In So Much Hot Pepper ? Madness - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Does Everything In Nigeria Have To Be Doused In So Much Hot Pepper ? Madness (385 Views)

See The 5k Assorted Meat I Bought And The Pepper Soup I Made With It. / Polynek Students Prepare Hot Pepper Soup With Snake Meat(photos) / Man Kills Monkeys In Port-Harcourt, Uses Them To Prepare Pepper Soup. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Everything In Nigeria Have To Be Doused In So Much Hot Pepper ? Madness by sukkot: 2:32pm On Dec 31, 2023
Like what’s the big idea ? Why so much hotness in everything? Do people just enjoy pain and torture ? Nigerians are addicted to pain and torture that they have transferred the pain and torture into their food

1- I bought kulikuli. I have it here as I am typing. It’s so ridiculously hot that I can’t even get past a bite. Something that we used to enjoy as children and it had no pepper

2- moimoi I bought from shop rite yesterday. Couldn’t finish it. Just to hot

3- eforiro I bought from the PLACE. I tried eating it at the place and after just a bite it was so hot that it blew my head gasket off. I just sat there stunned. I attempted another bite and it felt like my lips was numb. So I gave up. I wasn’t going to waste it so I packaged it to take it home, maybe I can attempt it again at home with better results. I ended up throwing the whole thing away. Just too hot

Why ? 🥵
Re: Why Does Everything In Nigeria Have To Be Doused In So Much Hot Pepper ? Madness by illicit(m): 2:34pm On Dec 31, 2023
🤚
Re: Why Does Everything In Nigeria Have To Be Doused In So Much Hot Pepper ? Madness by Zonefree(m): 2:35pm On Dec 31, 2023
A Yoruba man complaining of pepper? undecided

The world is ending, brace up people.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Everything In Nigeria Have To Be Doused In So Much Hot Pepper ? Madness by sukkot: 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2023
illicit:
Have u tried Ata Rodo

They still add pepper too

🤚
I don’t like pepper. It’s like they are trying to hide the bad taste with so much pepper. Let the taste of the food do the talking not the pepper
Re: Why Does Everything In Nigeria Have To Be Doused In So Much Hot Pepper ? Madness by sukkot: 2:40pm On Dec 31, 2023
Zonefree:
A Yoruba man complaining of pepper? undecided

The world is ending, brace up people.
lol who said I was Yoruba ? I am ancient Benin. Well we call ourselves Yoruba now but in the 1600s we migrated from Benin to Yoruba land

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everything In Nigeria Have To Be Doused In So Much Hot Pepper ? Madness by Zonefree(m): 2:42pm On Dec 31, 2023
sukkot:
lol who said I was Yoruba ? I am ancient Benin. Well we call ourselves Yoruba now but in the 1600s we migrated from Benin to Yoruba land
Nne, you're not Yoruba today?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Everything In Nigeria Have To Be Doused In So Much Hot Pepper ? Madness by sukkot: 2:46pm On Dec 31, 2023
Zonefree:

Nne, you're not Yoruba today?
lol I am Yoruba today but my father has the full account of my family history. It’s ancient Benin. But we have been part of the Yoruba for 400 years now so we are Yoruba now.
Re: Why Does Everything In Nigeria Have To Be Doused In So Much Hot Pepper ? Madness by Zonefree(m): 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2023
sukkot:
lol I am Yoruba today but my father has the full account of my family history. It’s ancient Benin. But we have been part of the Yoruba for 400 years now so we are Yoruba now.
No ancient Benin man will claim to be Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Everything In Nigeria Have To Be Doused In So Much Hot Pepper ? Madness by sukkot: 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2023
Zonefree:

well you met one today.
Re: Why Does Everything In Nigeria Have To Be Doused In So Much Hot Pepper ? Madness by Ishilove: 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2023
You probably have a sensitive palate because I refuse to believe what you have written. I don't really like buying food outside because there's never enough pepper, so you complaining everything is too hot means na your mouth be the problem, not the food grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Everything In Nigeria Have To Be Doused In So Much Hot Pepper ? Madness by sukkot: 3:01pm On Dec 31, 2023
Zonefree:

and to be honest with you I am very happy to be associated with the Yoruba tribe. This is the most intelligent and most sophisticated tribe in Africa. They have their own orisha system and periodic table before the Europeans. They had great empires. It’s just a wonderful tribe and I am happy to align with them. All the top musicians fela, seal, Sade adu, whizkid, tems, asake, davido etc all Yoruba . I love the Yoruba people die. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Re: Why Does Everything In Nigeria Have To Be Doused In So Much Hot Pepper ? Madness by sukkot: 3:05pm On Dec 31, 2023
Ishilove:
You probably have a sensitive palate because I refuse to believe what you have written. I don't really like buying food outside because there's never enough pepper, so you complaining everything is too hot means na your mouth be the problem, not the food grin
lol I think it’s a bit of both only because another girl bought the efo riro and was screaming. But she looked like those detty December types from abroad lol. Foood was hot like fire. I kid you not 😃😄
Re: Why Does Everything In Nigeria Have To Be Doused In So Much Hot Pepper ? Madness by ahnie: 9:20pm On Jan 01
Because the country is hot right now
Re: Why Does Everything In Nigeria Have To Be Doused In So Much Hot Pepper ? Madness by sukkot: 10:17pm On Jan 01
ahnie:
Because the country is hot right now
grin grin grin grin grin grin hot like fayaaaaaaaa

(1) (Reply)

UNICEF, Kano Govt Invest N700m To Fight Malnutrition, As Dangote Injects N1b / Training! Training!! Training!!! / Let's Know If You Can...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.