Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas (1112 Views)

Igbo Behind Major Investments In Nigeria, Says Speaker / House Of Rep Speaker, Abbas Appoints 33 More Aides / Hushpuppi: Abba Kyari Flew To Dubai To Spend Good Time With Ramon Abbas - FBI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by Northernblood7(m): 4:22pm On Dec 31, 2023
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Tajudeen Abbas, has advised Igbo leaders to devise ways of dialoguing with the Federal Government to address their legitimate grievances.

Abbas stated this in his address at the launch of the Peace in the South East Project, a brainchild of the Deputy Speaker, Benjamin Kalu.

He argued that the South-East has remained an economic powerhouse in Nigeria and sub-Saharan Africa, leading in trade and commerce.

Speaking at the event held in Bende, Abia State, Abbas stated that the peace in the South-East was invariably the peace and progress of Nigeria.

The Speaker said, “Between 1956 and 1965, the then Eastern region was regarded as the fastest-growing economy in Africa and Asia. Indeed, the South-East has remained an economic powerhouse in Nigeria and sub-Saharan Africa, leading in trade and commerce.

“From Aba to Adamawa and Enugu to Europe, Igbo are known to be entrepreneurial, resourceful, peace-loving, savvy, tenacious and peace-loving. That is the character of the Igbo. That is who you are. Three of your cities, Aba, Onitsha, and Nnewi, are among the most industrialised in Nigeria.

“A sizeable chunk of the major investments in many parts of Nigeria are Igbo-owned. Your contributions to the Nigerian economy, either through imports, business investments, or Diaspora remittances, among others, are indisputable.

Seun
Mynd44

https://reubenabati.com.ng/feature/major-investments-in-nigeria-are-owned-by-the-igbos-speaker-abbas

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by Northernblood7(m): 4:22pm On Dec 31, 2023
Miscreants should stay away from this thread

Tunde835:
I no blame you it's Seun osewa i blame for being soft on you guys cause some of you ip0bs deserve to be banned from this forum for 999 years.

I created a news thread, I warned against miscreants yet, you chose to be one.

Did I call Yoruba anywhere on my thread ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by Herdsmen: 4:39pm On Dec 31, 2023
Igbo wannabes from the south will Be here to wail and curse

... but since is coming from the North.. who knows .. they might avoid the painful truth

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by Northernblood7(m): 4:41pm On Dec 31, 2023
Herdsmen:
Igbo wannabes from the south will Be here to wail and curse

... but since is coming from the North.. who knows .. they might avoid the painful truth

I am ready for them. I know they went to poop in the nearest gutter but I full ground tonight when they return

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by chopnaira: 4:45pm On Dec 31, 2023
Ibos don't own majority. Infact they own 100% 🤡

5 Likes

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by oluztx: 4:45pm On Dec 31, 2023
Afoonjas are coming to hate as usual. Umu ekwensu

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by Northernblood7(m): 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2023
chopnaira:
Ibos don't own majority. Infact they own 100% 🤡

Thank God you already identified as a clown grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by chopnaira: 4:53pm On Dec 31, 2023
Northernblood7:

Thank God you already identified as a clown grin
We are all clowns 😂

2 Likes

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by Northernblood7(m): 4:54pm On Dec 31, 2023
chopnaira:

😂

Ebi mpa wa o cheesy grin cheesy We know the people shouting this ever since Ndi Igbo travelled

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by chopnaira: 4:56pm On Dec 31, 2023
Northernblood7:

Ebi mpa wa o cheesy grin cheesy We know the people shouting this ever since Ndi Igbo travelled
Ebi mpa some people ooo even before subsidy removal. grin

4 Likes

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by Northernblood7(m): 5:01pm On Dec 31, 2023
chopnaira:

Ebi mpa some people ooo even before subsidy removal. grin

I know derail the thread, I won't dance naked with you like your Yoruba respected Elder "Ebun Oloyede" cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by chopnaira: 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2023
Northernblood7:

I know derail the thread, I won't dance naked with you like your Yoruba respected Elder "Ebun Oloyede" cheesy
What the hell..you said ebi mpa won. And I helped you with proves. Some people will always be hungry irrespective of whether Tinubu was in power or not. grin

1 Like

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by JagabanB: 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2023
No country becomes great by relying on imports and diaspora remittance, that's survival lifestyle and economy not an economy that's ready for growth.
Continue with that kind of economy and Nigerîà will never grow.

1 Like

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by Northernblood7(m): 5:08pm On Dec 31, 2023
chopnaira:

What the hell..you said ebi mpa won. And I helped you with proves. Some people will always be hungry irrespective of whether Tinubu was in power or not. grin

For example, a middle-aged woman in Ibadan, Oyo State, according to unconfirmed reports, had used her seven-year-old daughter as deposit for a bowl of cassava flake known in local parlance as garri six weeks ago. Hit by pang of hunger, the woman like Bala, had tricked the seller into believing that she forgot the money at home and would rush to fetch it while her innocent child stayed back. By the time the girl led the trader to their house hours later, the widow and her two remaining children were already feasting on the item. The seller quietly walked away in shock after finding out the motive behind the strange behaviour.

Selfish Ronu dropped her child for garri cheesy, ran home and ate the garri alone while innocent Child stays hungry in the shop.

See who is trying to stand when Igbo man stand cheesy

https://punchng.com/people-exchange-kids-clothes-food-survive-hard-times/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by Northernblood7(m): 5:08pm On Dec 31, 2023
JagabanB:
No country becomes great by relying on imports and diaspora remittance, that's survival lifestyle and economy not an economy that's ready for growth

No wahala The whole word knows that Na only Yoruba Skull mining will make Nigeria Great grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by chopnaira: 5:10pm On Dec 31, 2023
Northernblood7:

We are still saying the same thing grin

Look at some peoples mum, dad, grandma, grandpa e.t.c hailing at 6am because of a plate of rice.

4 Likes

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by Northernblood7(m): 5:17pm On Dec 31, 2023
chopnaira:

We are still saying the same thing grin

Yea, the billionaire called them to support them this Christmas.

Unlike the Miscreants terrorising Tinubu that Remi Tinubu was referring to here

The senator representing Lagos central was on a television program recently where she revealed some yoruba youth were in the habit of staying idle only to come to their residence to request assistance.

“most of these yoruba youths don’t want to work, the moment you give them work to do, they fall sick.”
she said.

https://thickmatch.com/reactions-tinubus-wife-calls-lagos-youths-lazy-come-beg-money/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by chopnaira: 5:18pm On Dec 31, 2023
Northernblood7:

Yea, the billionaire called them to support them this Christmas.

Unlike the Miscreants terrorising Tinubu that Remi Tinubu was referring to here

We are still saying the same thing. Ikpeazu that shared kerosene, Eba and garri soup is also a billionaire too. cool

4 Likes

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by Northernblood7(m): 5:22pm On Dec 31, 2023
chopnaira:

We are still saying the same thing. Ikpeazu that shared kerosene, Eba and garri soup is also a billionaire too. cool

Unlike miscreants, Igbos don't sit still doing nothing like lazy Yariiba youth. I understand that you trying to liken lazy Yoruba youth to Industrious Igbos it won't work. We are totally different.

Ikpeazu shared kerosene but yet He lost that local government. Unlike Ronu that was bought with 2 sticks of spaghetti and 2 cups of garri cheesy cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by allcomage: 5:25pm On Dec 31, 2023
I was wondering this morning if Igbo should remain in Igboland after new year, 80% of banks will shut down, 80% of bank staff will be retrenched. The impact of Igbo micro economic activities is undeniable in Nigeria. Lagos would remain a wobbling giant when workers resume on 2nd January till end of January when Igbo come back.

4 Likes

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by chopnaira: 5:26pm On Dec 31, 2023
Northernblood7:

Unlike miscreants, Igbos don't sit still doing nothing like lazy Yariiba youth. I understand that you trying to liken lazy Yoruba youth to Industrious Igbos it won't work. We are totally different.

Ikpeazu shared kerosene but yet He lost that local government. Unlike Ronu that was bought with 2 sticks of spaghetti and 2 cups of garri cheesy cheesy grin
Ebi is still mpa won. Same thing grin

4 Likes

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by Tunde835(m): 5:29pm On Dec 31, 2023
Here we go again. This tribe sef.

2 Likes

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by Northernblood7(m): 5:31pm On Dec 31, 2023
Tunde835:
Here we go again. This tribe sef.

Let me complete it for you. Senator Abbas is an IPOB member wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by opamoses1: 5:32pm On Dec 31, 2023
allcomage:
I was wondering this morning if Igbo should remain in Igboland after new year, 80% of banks will shut down, 80% of bank staff will be retrenched. The impact of Igbo micro economic activities is undeniable in Nigeria. Lagos would remain a wobbling giant when workers resume on 2nd January till end of January when Igbo come back.
That's what the SW and North are hoping for. That Ibos stay in their Biafria and not return to the zoo cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by Northernblood7(m): 5:32pm On Dec 31, 2023
chopnaira:

Ebi is still mpa won. Same thing grin

If Tinubu walks freely as this man, Yoruba dogs will steal everything on him including his boxers and prick cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by chopnaira: 5:33pm On Dec 31, 2023
Northernblood7:

If Tinubu walks freely as this man, Yoruba dogs will steal everything on him including his boxers and prick cheesy
I know all your head is full of Yoruba this Yoruba that grin grin grin. Perhaps, a Yoruba man snatched your girlfriend.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by Northernblood7(m): 5:34pm On Dec 31, 2023
opamoses1:

That's what the SW and North are hoping for. That Ibos stay in their Biafria and not return to the zoo cool

You mean the same people that fought to keep Igbos in Nigeria? We will keep on buying land from hungry lazy Miscreants to build until you all turn tenants cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by Tunde835(m): 5:35pm On Dec 31, 2023
Northernblood7:

Let me complete it for you. Senator Abbas is an IPOB member wink
I no blame you it's Seun osewa i blame cause some of you ip0bs deserved to banned from this forum for 999 years.

1 Like

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by opamoses1: 5:35pm On Dec 31, 2023
Northernblood7:

You mean the same people that fought to keep Igbos in Nigeria? We will keep on buying land from hungry lazy Miscreants to build until you all turn tenants cheesy cheesy
Don't get it twisted. They fought to keep the Minority tribes like Ijaw, Itsekiri, Edo, Akoko Edo, e.t.c

Ps: why do you hate your own land so much? All you dream about is SW and other people's land. When they flog you in Akure, south Africa, Hongkong, then you start crying.

1 Like

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by Northernblood7(m): 5:37pm On Dec 31, 2023
chopnaira:

I know all your head is full of Yoruba this Yoruba that grin grin grin. Perhaps, a Yoruba man snatched your girlfriend.

You mean yoruba that can't feed himself or the one in lagos high way shitting?

4 Likes

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by opamoses1: 5:37pm On Dec 31, 2023
Northernblood7:

You mean yoruba that can't feed himself or the one in lagos high way shitting?
Projection. Like the one shitting in Anambra or the ones waking up at 6am to beg for plate of rice.

2 Likes

Re: Major Investments In Nigeria Are Owned By The Igbos – Speaker Abbas by Northernblood7(m): 5:39pm On Dec 31, 2023
opamoses1:

Don't get it twisted. They fought to keep the Minority tribes like Ijaw, Itsekiri, Edo, Akoko Edo, e.t.c

Ps: why do you hate your own land so much? All you dream about is SW and other people's land. When they flog you in Akure, south Africa, Hongkong, then you start crying.

You forgot to add Ebonyi and Nsukka cheesy grin

Have you paid your house rent for next year cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imagine This List: Noise / How Are Campaign Budgets Spent? / National Voters Forum (NAVOF)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.