Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K (25082 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by Love800(m): 6:42am On Jan 04
Hello.
How do i go to canada to do a teaching job?
I want to teach primary/secondary schools abroad.
donmaxman:

Bro you do not know what you are saying. I have the benefit of working in Nigeria for 14 years and rising to a mid level manager in a telecommunications company. My wife was a branch Manager of a commercial bank before we migrated. It was the best decision ever. Stop misleading people! You cannot be more Nigerian than I am. Nigeria will destroy and kill you. You guys complain about overseas but you never talk about the benefits. Do you know most companies here give you stock options and match you your contributions allowing you grow your assets as you work. Govt in Canada contribute 25 percent to your child's university education asides from getting you to save proactively in trust funds. Your retirement pensions from Canada can take care of you very well in any third world country. Canada allows you bring your siblings and family under the provincial nomination route. You get free health care for life!!! Do you know what this means. I had a friend who thought he was rich in Nigeria until he fell ill and spent all his money on getting a cure. Guess what he died afterwards from depression because he realized he had to start life from the scratch. You fall ill here in a developed country and your least problem is money. Professional development nko,Canada has made me read and grow my skills like mad. I spent at least 4 hours everyday developing myself because there is incentive to do so! Nigerian work will make you useless. Politics, asslicking, nepotism and loyalty determines your pay rise and promotion . Canada made me realize my life is in my hand and not my 'oga's' hand. I can fire my company anytime. I can do two jobs if I like. I can make extra money when I want. My brother forget Nigeria!! My worst regret is having anything to do with that stupid currency called Naira that will soon turn to Zimbabwe money. Are you aware the Tinubu has printed additional 3 trillion naira via ways and means since took over power? Can you genuinely store your future in that currency? Crude oil is losing value and that is what Nigeria is hoping to revive its economy with! Tell people the truth!
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by Love800(m): 6:48am On Jan 04
What do u mean by that they slash his money into two?
RIDOO:

My dad was a federal govt worker too..He is on pension since n he told me months back that they have slashed his money into 2.. Imagine he didn't have a side hustle (a building contractor) before then.Money wey no reach before..l never believed FG can treat a pensioner as such..

Anything fit happen for this country o.As l dey, if weight my present l feel no think jakpa but l think the very long run as the Economist l be, l don reason jakpa o.l no wan let one country show me shege for old age.My children are even the most important to me.As the things my eyes see for this country bf l get to this stage l no wan my pikin eyes see.
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by Shalym: 8:14am On Jan 04
Guy, at your current place of work, is there any opportunity for the increment of your salary? If yes, try to stay and plan for marriage. Secondly, try to calculate your monthly income after deducting all your expenses per month. If you are able to save what makes you a man per month, you are getting close to a richer. Thirdly, try to be doing something to be getting money daily aside monthly salary. Nigeria is going to be a better place for us to live though UK is enjoyable but expenses and bills are unbearable compare to Nigeria.
For education, you can request for study permit in which it won't stop your monthly salary depending on your office procedures. I wish you best of luck
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by RIDOO: 8:59am On Jan 04
Love800:
What do u mean by that they slash his money into two?

They didn't pay up to the amount they were paying him before.
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by Christoranky78: 9:12am On Jan 04
Since our beloved country lacks a progressive leader...Obviously it's wise to japa.
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by Abiliboi: 9:36am On Jan 04
A friend called from the same UK after his Masters that he's planning to return to Nigeria because his savings in the UK are not enough to renew his visa and be okay. Except your brother can guide you better, I would suggest you stay back, marry,and invest in Nigeria as you are employed already. Nobi everyone get that opportu
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by Iamkellychucks: 9:59am On Jan 04
Bro I will advise you having a job that pays you over 200k in Nigeria and you will probably have a salary increase,bro you have a great job quitting and starting your life over at almost 34 Omo ,if you didn't have a steady source of income Is understandable I want to japa
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by Kingsland001(m): 10:12am On Jan 04
@OP, plz keep your Federal Job, and start a Business, I suggest u learn a digital skill.

Moreover, I can assist you to help u to create your First Stream of Income, which would be a Passive income (it doesn't need your present)

I trade forex, & let me trade for you, while we share all profits 50-50

I take a minimum of $1,000 Account Capital for starter, then if u are satisfied with the Account growth, then u can increase the Capital.

(Plz note that u are not giving me or sending me any money, u'll create an account with a Broker and deposit the money into your account, then I'll trade & grow the money in your account account, I'll guide u on how to create your FX account with the Broker)

If u are interested, Contact me through my email (Check my signature)
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by chem58: 11:30am On Jan 04
before you take up the federal government job, be sure you will be captured by Ippis to avoid story that touch.. I know someone who leave a state govt job for federal government job it's almost a year now he is yet to be paid because of ippis.. so before you consider federal government job do your findings how long will it take to be capture by ippis
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by Abioladoks: 12:25pm On Jan 04
Oga! follow ur mind and stop asking same questions everytime
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by TheMohican(m): 12:35pm On Jan 04
lipsrsealed
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

For some days now I have been on a serious dilemma whether to resign from my federal government job that pays me above N200k for my current position and migrate to the UK or stay in naija and set up a business to augment my salary. I will be 34 years next year, I feel traveling to the uk for studies next year September will delay my chances of getting married, as I have planned not exceeding 34 years without getting married.

I belong to the school of thought that believes can make it in Nigeria despite all odds. However, considering the economic realities of the country, I have recently contemplating of japa and maybe get a Nigerian lady for marriage after my studies.

Please I earnestly need matured advice from you guys to know how to start the coming year.

Cc:Justwise

Stay in Nigeria. You can make it.
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by jmichael259(m): 2:11pm On Jan 04
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

For some days now I have been on a serious dilemma whether to resign from my federal government job that pays me above N200k for my current position and migrate to the UK or stay in naija and set up a business to augment my salary. I will be 34 years next year, bla bla bla bla bla..

Cc:Justwise

Business and Investments
Even it's to open POS, laundry, provision shop
Even if it's to enter transport or digital skills services
Even if it's to buy just half a plot in a bush worth 200k every year..
Even if it's to acquire just 50k worth of crypto or shares on regular intervals

Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by Ebeano49(m): 5:06pm On Jan 04
Love800:
Why dont u tell us why it was a worst decision?
Dont just spill empty talks here abeg.

Empty talk because it's not what you want to hear, right? And do you need to be rude to ask for additional color on my comment?
With this stinking attitude of yours you will be a massive failure if you happen to japa!
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by Zeekaycn(m): 6:53pm On Jan 04
Nigeria and Nigerians would not make your life better, Dangote refinery is not there to make Nigerians lives better, Even Tinubu is not a president to help Nigerians. Everyone is fighting to be a better version of themselves. Naira would never appreciate to N300=£1, cus number of people benefiting from the fall won't let it Rise. Lots of investment have been made on that rate waiting for more fall.

before taking further step in life first do a personal appraisal. If you earned 200k what have you done with it, what extra investment have you made from the money. If staying in Nigeria have helped you raise money for your Japa, then you can still raise money for greater investment. If you can't manage 200k Naira you can't also manage 200k dollars.

Do not weigh your Naira to Dollars while you're in Nigeria, And do not weigh your Dollars to Naira while you are in Europe. A plate of food in Nigeria is N1k. A plate of food in Europe is £5 equivalent to N6k. If you earn in Naira you spend in Naira and vice versa.

Biggest Mistake people make. They sell off all their assets to go and hustle afresh to regain their assets. Don't sell off what you've already built just because you wanna Japa. It's the riskiest gambling for life, Cus you may never regain any. [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by Love800(m): 4:18am On Jan 05
Am sorry if am rude.
Dont be offended sir
Ebeano49:

Empty talk because it's not what you want to hear, right? And do you need to be rude to ask for additional color on my comment?
With this stinking attitude of yours you will be a massive failure if you happen to japa!
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by Love800(m): 4:23am On Jan 05
Like, they were paying him a certain amount then later they switch to paying him lower then that first pay?

Why didnt he took all his pension once?
RIDOO:

They didn't pay up to the amount they were paying him before.
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by promzy555(m): 8:39pm On Jan 05
Love800:
How?
U need to explain, not just spilling empty sentence or words.
I nor sabi explain
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by promzy555(m): 8:40pm On Jan 05
Love800:
How?
U need to explain, not just spilling empty sentence or words.
Well, it all depend on d traveling package. If is school hmmm I advise u. Disembark
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by BHG1: 10:26pm On Jan 05
Breaking News: Gistlover Blog Operator Arrested by Police in High-Profile Operation https://www.bhginfodesk.com/2024/01/breaking-news-gistlover-blog-operator.html #PLEASURE #Duffers
TheMohican:
lipsrsealed

Stay in Nigeria. You can make it.
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by Love800(m): 4:39am On Jan 06
Ok.
So which one will u advise?
promzy555:
Well, it all depend on d traveling package. If is school hmmm I advise u. Disembark
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by Love800(m): 4:40am On Jan 06
Ok
promzy555:
I nor sabi explain
Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by promzy555(m): 6:13am On Jan 06
Love800:
Ok.
So which one will u advise?
go for cos, you can still get sponsorship visa. Or use tourist visa, u can now work with UK tourist visa

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by Love800(m): 7:58pm On Jan 06
Wat is cos?
Tourist visa for work? Is not possible. Unless the person wants to be doing hide and seek in uk
promzy555:
go for cos, you can still get sponsorship visa. Or use tourist visa, u can now work with UK tourist visa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"This Video Depicts The Daily Lagos Life. 2 Different Fights In 1 Minute" / Anambra Airport Cleared For Flight Operations / Photos Of Train Crash Recovery In Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.