Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC (17749 Views)

First December Is Today: Portharcourt Refinery Still Not Working / Por Harcourt Refinery Rushes To Meet December Deadline, Serious Work Going On / Port Harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations December — Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by lilvicky68(m): 8:00am On Jan 01
From the look of things this year will be filled with dangerous lies from the APC government, expect more
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by linearity: 8:00am On Jan 01
TopBanter:

Different scenario and intention entirely. PH refinery will work because a lot is riding on it.

If you love Nigeria and wish her to succeed then you will stop focusing obdurately on the delay alone and look at the bigger picture.

If wishes were horses beggars would ride!

If you like focus on the biggest picture from now to thy kingdom come, it will not bring about a thing!
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by emerged01(m): 8:01am On Jan 01
SpatialKing:
Yorubas, Apc government and Scam

What would it cost you guys to be truthful for once

Why Yorubas? Your tribemen will not see you now but when Yorubas start raining curses on you they will start saying they are victims on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by PHAYOL81: 8:05am On Jan 01
Realtruth2023:

Oga keep quiet jare. That refinery will not be ready anytime soon. Let APC tell Nigerians the truth.

Perhaps you've got to update your moniker to the new era and adjust your philosophy and mindset alongside it. It's a new dawn already and a new wave of sunshine is brightening the day already. Adjust your believe and the truth you seek shall manifest to you

SECONDLY, you don't go about telling everybody to keep quiet on a forum because their orientation and ideas are different from yours, where the heck is your manners? HOW do you want to have an educative and objective argument starting your post with such recklessness? Don't know you but you'd be better off working on your reaction and mentality. Happy new year
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by happney65: 8:06am On Jan 01
UncleKoboko:

Obasanjo is a useless shameless bastard.
During his tenure, he spent billions of dollars on repairs of the refineries BUT NO SINGLE LITRE OF PETROLEUM WAS REFINED BY ANY OF THE FOUR REFINERIES THEN.
HE'S A SENILE AND CORRUPT SHAMELESS MAN.

He spent a lot to make it work and when he discovered it can't he sold it off before Yaradua reversed the sale.

You can't know better than Baba because he has once sat on the seat. Anything else they do there now is just to chop money.

Baba,said it can't work and it's better off sold but you osinwin people think you know otherwise
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by Sirianese: 8:06am On Jan 01

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by SSpeter(m): 8:12am On Jan 01
happney65:
"The Port Harcourt refinery will start working by December 2023, yada yada yada. grin"

You people should sha come and apologize to us. Starting from Baba Obasanjo that you people abused who told you the truth that it can't work

Rubbish
Did you know that since the refinery had been comatose, workers are still collecting jumbo pay and retirement benefits 😁?

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by happney65: 8:14am On Jan 01
PressMyButton:

Don't allow evil spirit follow you into the new year. This is a normal process after fixing the mechanical part, next is the test running. You don't expect to hit off production immediately without test running all the process. It is quite unfortunate that some so called educated folks can't put into good use their thinking faculties.

All these ones you are saying na story. We were told it was going to work December and refine fuel. That is what we were told but some of us has been following this thing a long time ago and we didn't start when social media came where a chunk of you get your news from

Wetin concern us with mechanical parts,this part,that part. We were told it will start refining fuel for the market in December that was what we were told. But as sensible people knew,it is just a nice conduit to chop money.

See, Obasanjo himself spent a lot to make that thing work. He did "TAM" Turn around maintenance of the refinery and he discovered it is obsolete and can't work that was why he sold it off

18years after he left government, it hasn't worked even after subsequent governments spending a lot of it.

Btw, didn't you see leadership or which newspaper reported days back that what was showed you recently was just Sakamanje.

E ma tan ara yin

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by Nackzy: 8:21am On Jan 01
Continue test running 🏃‍♂️ 🏃‍♀️
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by Kayrich(m): 8:23am On Jan 01
This is no news to many quarters because they do not want to hear success again but always failures. That's how bad my country is.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by TopBanter: 8:35am On Jan 01
linearity:

If wishes were horses beggars would ride!

If you like focus on the biggest picture from now to thy kingdom come, it will not bring about a thing!

The immediate term recovery and economic success of Nigeria, post the horrid and 'locust' rule of Buhari, is dependent on success in some critical areas.

Refining our crude endowment locally, into PMS and other commercially valuable derivatives of crude, is one of those critical 'anchors'.

Unless Tinubu deliberately wants to fail, then I am confident he will do all in his power to ensure our refineries work and remain working. I will even bet on that with anyone here.

Bottom line, you are entitled to your pessimism but let us not ignore proven reality to begin peddling wholesale lies and negative scaremongering propaganda up and down to satisfy our own agenda or bias.

Say what you will of Tinubu , and even hate him for whatever reason, but match that with a proven history of failure, rather than the reality of how Jagaban is universally acclaimed arguably the biggest political success story of Nigeria since our 1999 democracy began, and we can talk.

You cannot just begin arguing innanely that Messi and Christians Ronaldo are useless at football when the opposite is true and both are indeed two of the greatest footballers ever. That is what many of you show up here to argue daily in regards to Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by Realtruth2023: 8:39am On Jan 01
PHAYOL81:

Perhaps you've got to update your moniker to the new era and adjust your philosophy and mindset alongside it. It's a new dawn already and a new wave of sunshine is brightening the day already. Adjust your believe and the truth you seek shall manifest to you

SECONDLY, you don't go about telling everybody to keep quiet on a forum because their orientation and ideas are different from yours, where the heck is your manners? HOW do you want to have an educative and objective argument starting your post with such recklessness? Don't know you but you'd be better off working on your reaction and mentality. Happy new year

What did you smoke really which new dawn? Why do you live in deceit and stupidity? The country is sinking badly and you are here talking trash.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by TopBanter: 8:42am On Jan 01
Kayrich:
This is no news to many quarters because they do not want to hear success again but always failures. That's how bad my country is.

Indeed. Precisely the reason I am a passionate and unrelenting advocate of a return to regional governance as soon as possible.

We are now so horribly and, in my opinion, irreparably divided as a nation to the extent many simply embrace failure rather than hope for and support success because that is being midwifed by an administrator they hate per his ethnic, religious or sectional background.

Let us all simply and consistently insist, in unison, on regional governance so those who insist only Atiku, Obi, Tinubu etal can deliver success may have those leaders as the Premier of their autonomous region.

Not rocket science so let all Nigerians get behind the concept so it can become a reality asap.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by TopBanter: 8:48am On Jan 01
Realtruth2023:

What did you smoke really which new dawn? Why do you live in deceit and stupidity? The country is sinking badly and you are here talking trash.

The country began "sinking" today abi? If I ask you to make suggestions on how to stop the sinking' in the seven months Tinubu has been President, since you are more intelligent and expert than the 'slowpoke' Tinubu and his technocrats, can you you do so here and now immediately without excuses?

Please do so let us all critique your expert and all-conquering suggestions so we can collectively mock Tinubu a failure even though I suspect it is you who will be mocked for 'simplistic ignorance' and lack of relevant knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by Egoveen: 8:49am On Jan 01
Tsolutionifede:
shut up, Yoruba na ur master
The last time I checked your so called Yoruba masters has the highest number of beggars both cooperate and non cooperate beggars,in fact BEGGING has been incorporated into schools curriculum as a profession.......😂😂😂
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by excanny: 8:50am On Jan 01
Be deceiving yourselves
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by PDPdestroyer(m): 8:52am On Jan 01
Lol. Headline laced with mischief, why not "PH Refinery Now Test Running"?
That would have been more appropriate since it has been inoperative before now
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by yusufmurry: 8:57am On Jan 01
That refinery will not work even after 8 years.

Let nobody deceive anybody

After their alleged completion of mechanical works, let me tell you that instrumentation work will take nothing less than 6months if they are serious. So with their left-handedness, instrumentation would take a year plus.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by coleon(m): 8:58am On Jan 01
TopBanter:

The country began "sinking" today abi? If I ask you to make suggestions on how to stop the sinking' in the seven months Tinubu has been President, since you are more intelligent and expert than the 'slowpoke' Tinubu and his technocrats, can you you do so here and now immediately without excuses?

Please do so let us all critique your expert and all-conquering suggestions so we can collectively mock Tinubu a failure even though I suspect it is you who will be mocked for 'simplistic ignorance' and lack of relevant knowledge.
Why are you passing that burden to him pls? It is Tinubu that contested election to be president and not him , so why should he be the one to fix Nigeria?
Some.of you are so used to suffering and bad leadership that you defend anything you see.
Even though I am not the president but in my own small leadership position I can list at least five things I will do differently that your messiah has not done. Useless slaves always defending their slave masters.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by erico2k2(m): 9:15am On Jan 01
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by erico2k2(m): 9:17am On Jan 01
coleon:

Why are you passing that burden to him pls? It is Tinubu that contested election to be president and not him , so why should he be the one to fix Nigeria?
Some.of you are so used to suffering and bad leadership that you defend anything you see.
Even though I am not the president but in my own small leadership position I can list at least five things I will do differently that your messiah has not done. Useless slaves always defending their slave masters.
you know sometimes, people suffer so much that the ills becomes the new norm. They do not know the difference.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by erico2k2(m): 9:18am On Jan 01
Kayrich:
Success is when we buy petrol refined in the gadamn refinery ,until then its shyte still! cool cool
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by erico2k2(m): 9:20am On Jan 01
happney65:

All these ones you are saying na story. We were told it was going to work December and refine fuel. That is what we were told but some of us has been following this thing a long time ago and we didn't start when social media came where a chunk of you get your news from

Wetin concern us with mechanical parts,this part,that part. We were told it will start refining fuel for the market in December that was what we were told. But as sensible people knew,it is just a nice conduit to chop money.

See, Obasanjo himself spent a lot to make that thing work. He did "TAM" Turn around maintenance of the refinery and he discovered it is obsolete and can't work that was why he sold it off

18years after he left government, it hasn't worked even after subsequent governments spending a lot of it.

Btw, didn't you see leadership or which newspaper reported days back that what was showed you recently was just Sakamanje.

E ma tan ara yin
They do notknow.I swear t God if this refinery do eventually works loads of our so called Big men wil bankrupt.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by PHAYOL81: 9:21am On Jan 01
Realtruth2023:

A lost cause, damaged beyond rebuild. I thought you still got some little sense left somewhere up that skull but with this comment of yours, you definitely have gone irredeemable. NO hope.
But that you're frustrated doesn't mean you should lash your dejected poor mood on everybody, we ain't the cause of your troubles. We're not responsible for your wretchedness and learn this, that you're sinking doesn't mean others are and it doesn't mean others should cry with you. LEARN to own up to your problems, that's when you can start to solve them but if you keep on believing your FALL is a resultant of someone's influence, then you may never RISE again as that mindset would always clog the wheel of your development, be it mentally, socially, financially and physically.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by erico2k2(m): 9:22am On Jan 01
happney65:

He spent a lot to make it work and when he discovered it can't he sold it off before Yaradua reversed the sale.

You can't know better than Baba because he has once sat on the seat. Anything else they do there now is just to chop money.

Baba,said it can't work and it's better off sold but you osinwin people think you know otherwise
Baba was right cos the monies spent on the refinery now is now enough o build at least two refineries.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by erico2k2(m): 9:24am On Jan 01
Realtruth2023:

The same you guys said the refinery is not working. Which means with test running it is still a probability that it may not work by January. Why is I difficult for APC to tell people the truth?
Not just APC, politicians never tell the truth if they did, they will never come to power.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by blowjohn(m): 9:25am On Jan 01
Yes the refinery is test 'running'.

How many kilometers is it running? Abi na marathon e dey run?
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by onyxo76(m): 9:29am On Jan 01
SpatialKing:
Yorubas, Apc government and Scam

What would it cost you guys to be truthful for once

honestly I don't even believe any pronouncement from them again, were they not the same people who said it will work by Dec 2023, now test running etc.
Deceit in everything.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by 007kjb: 9:32am On Jan 01
Yorubas and lies, fraud shaa
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery Still Test Running – NNPC by ogaontop(m): 9:38am On Jan 01
TopBanter:

Different scenarios and intentions entirely. PH refinery will work because a lot is riding on it.

If you love Nigeria and wish her to succeed then you will stop focusing obdurately on the delay alone and look at the bigger picture.
You did be disappointed if you are so optimistic about Nigerian issues, it's better to be pessimistic for your mental health, till they make it a norm to fulfil their word of mouth!
I have been so optimistic about lots of things since the early 2000s, today they are worse!!
From 2010 to 2021, they did 3 Turn around maintenance (TAM) on that pH refinery worth billions of naira and it's not working, so how do you blame people when they choose to be pessimistic about it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

University Of Port-Harcourt Alumni Association Visit Jonathan / Imo Pensioners To Forfeit 60% Pensions (Photos) / Sheriff & Kashamu Dance As They Host PDP Meeting In Ogun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.