Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) (3561 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:29am On Mar 19
*THE DAILY DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 19TH MARCH, 2024 _*{Feast of Saint Joseph of Nazareth}*_ *THEME:* LEAD YOUR CHILDREN TO DO THEIR FATHER'S BUSINESS

*TEXT:* LUKE 2: 41-52 (NKJV)

2:41. His parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover.
2:42. And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem according to the custom of the feast.
2:43. When they had finished the days, as they returned, the Boy Jesus lingered behind in Jerusalem. And Joseph and His mother did not know [it;]
2:44. But supposing Him to have been in the company, they went a day's journey, and sought Him among [their] relatives and acquaintances.
2:45. So when they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking Him.
2:46. Now so it was [that] after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions.
2:47. And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers.
2:48. So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, "Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously."
2:49. And He said to them, "Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father's business?"
2:50. But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them.
2:51. Then He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart.
2:52. And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

At the tender age of twelve, Joseph and Mary took Jesus to Jerusalem for the Feast of Passover, after their custom. Despite knowing the divine nature of Jesus, His parents did not leave Him behind in His divine duty to God. Joseph and Mary jointly provided spiritual leadership for Jesus so He could discover the purpose of God for His life. It was at Jerusalem that Jesus located God's plan and sat down in the temple to teach and discuss with scholars in the temple, and also answering their questions.

As we celebrate Joseph of Nazareth today, parents must rise to their duty of providing spiritual leadership in bringing their children to the Lord. Today, most parents do not care about their children attending church or not. Jesus showed to us His readiness to throw Himself into His Father's business because of the kind of parental care He had. He was ready to stay away from food and the affection of His earthly parents just to be about His Father's business. How do we care for our Children in our generation? Do we lead them to the Lord or do we leave them to do what they want? Jesus, at the age of twelve, already knew the purpose of God in His life to do the will of His Father. Let us follow the example of the Jesus family and lead our children to the Lord.

*PRAYER:*
Lord please help me to lead my children early to You, _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God Says:

_"If you live in My secret place, you will find rest under My shadow."_ *Psalm 91:1*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 3:35am On Mar 20

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 20TH MARCH, 2024 *THEME:* DELAY IS NOT DENIAL

*TEXT:* JOHN 11: 1-16 (NKJV)

11:1. Now a certain [man] was sick, Lazarus of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.
11:2. It was [that] Mary who anointed the Lord with fragrant oil and wiped His feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.
11:3. Therefore the sisters sent to Him, saying, "Lord, behold, he whom You love is sick."
11:4. When Jesus heard [that,] He said, "This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it."
11:5. Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus.
11:6. So, when He heard that he was sick, He stayed two more days in the place where He was.
11:7. Then after this He said to [the] disciples, "Let us go to Judea again."
11:8. [The] disciples said to Him, "Rabbi, lately the Jews sought to stone You, and are You going there again?"
11:9. Jesus answered, "Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world.
11:10. "But if one walks in the night, he stumbles, because the light is not in him."
11:11. These things He said, and after that He said to them, "Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up."
11:12. Then His disciples said, "Lord, if he sleeps he will get well."
11:13. However, Jesus spoke of his death, but they thought that He was speaking about taking rest in sleep.
11:14. Then Jesus said to them plainly, "Lazarus is dead.
11:15. "And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, that you may believe. Nevertheless let us go to him."
11:16. Then Thomas, who is called the Twin, said to his fellow disciples, "Let us also go, that we may die with Him."

Lazarus, Mary and Martha were very close friends of Jesus in Bethany. Lazarus was sick and Jesus was informed of his predicament and one would have expected Jesus to leave all he was doing to attend to his closest friend. Alas, Jesus delayed and Lazarus died. Many wondered why Jesus would do this to his closest and most committed friends. Jesus said,“This sickness is not unto death but for the glory of God" (v.4). This fact was not known to people who were worried that Jesus did not come but our God knew all things.

Many times, we worry in times of trouble because we do not know the mind of God. The eternal truth here is that God will never deny the prayer of his friends. Beloved, when we pray but it seems there is a delay in answers to our prayers, let us be assured that God is at work. When trouble comes, we should not grumble, complain and blame God for delayed answers, but rather we should wait patiently in prayers until our answers come. Are you depressed that your prayers have not been answered? Are you sick and it seems no solution is in sight? God is still on the throne; He will step in at his appropriate time and it will all end in praise.

Lord, please help me to seek You when trouble comes my way so that I can bring honour to You, _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God Says:

_"I will give you My strength to help you stand in high places."_ *2 Samuel 22: 33-34*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:44am On Mar 21
Yh

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 21ST MARCH, 2024 *THEME:* JESUS A TRUE COMFORTER

*TEXT:* JOHN 11: 17-29 (NKJV)

11:17. So when Jesus came, He found that he had already been in the tomb four days.
11:18. Now Bethany was near Jerusalem, about two miles away.
11:19. And many of the Jews had joined the women around Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother.
11:20. Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met Him, but Mary was sitting in the house.
11:21. Then Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died.
11:22. "But even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You."
11:23. Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again."
11:24. Martha said to Him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day."
11:25. Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.
11:26. "And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"
11:27. She said to Him, "Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world."
11:28. And when she had said these things, she went her way and secretly called Mary her sister, saying, "The Teacher has come and is calling for you."
11:29. As soon as she heard [that,] she arose quickly and came to Him.

The death of Lazarus increased the pain and agony of his direct family and the entire neighbourhood and several sympathisers came around to offer words of comfort to Mary and Martha. Unfortunately, their words of comfort were not enough to assuage the loss. Jesus was also available for his friends in their hour of agony and pain - He cared not only for their spiritual life but also for their emotional wellbeing. He came with the word of assurance to Mary and Martha that "though he was dead, yet shall he live" (v.25). Jesus spoke to their faith, directing their attention to his power, “I am the resurrection and the life." He has the power of life and death and wasn't just comforting them, but asking them to trust him. This is empathy and not just sympathy and pity for the crowd. What a great lesson for Christian leaders in a counseling hour!

Our great comforter is ever near us in our hour of need. Are you hurt, depressed or going through the agony and pain of the loss of loved ones? Jesus will not only comfort but also give you a life that death cannot conquer. All you need to do is to commit your life to Him as a true comforter and trust in his grace of comfort.

Lord Jesus, let Your comforting spirit take away all my agony today in Jesus' Name. _*Amen*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God Says

_"Thousands fall around you, but you will not be harmed."_ *Psalm 91: 7*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:26am On Mar 22

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 22ND MARCH, 2024 *THEME:* RESOLVE TO BE AT JESUS FEET

*TEXT:* JOHN 11: 30-44 (NKJV)

11:30. Now Jesus had not yet come into the town, but was in the place where Martha met Him.
11:31. Then the Jews who were with her in the house, and comforting her, when they saw that Mary rose up quickly and went out, followed her, saying, "She is going to the tomb to weep there."
11:32. Then, when Mary came where Jesus was, and saw Him, she fell down at His feet, saying to Him, "Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died."
11:33. Therefore, when Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with her weeping, He groaned in the spirit and was troubled.
11:34. And He said, "Where have you laid him?" They said to Him, "Lord, come and see."
11:35. Jesus wept.
11:36. Then the Jews said, "See how He loved him!"
11:37. And some of them said, "Could not this Man, who opened the eyes of the blind, also have kept this man from dying?"
11:38. Then Jesus, again groaning in Himself, came to the tomb. It was a cave, and a stone lay against it.
11:39. Jesus said, "Take away the stone." Martha, the sister of him who was dead, said to Him, "Lord, by this time there is a stench, for he has been [dead] four days."
11:40. Jesus said to her, "Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?"
11:41. Then they took away the stone [from the place] where the dead man was lying. And Jesus lifted up [His] eyes and said, "Father, I thank You that You have heard Me.
11:42. "And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by I said [this,] that they may believe that You sent Me."
11:43. Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come forth!"
11:44. And he who had died came out bound hand and foot with graveclothes, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, "Loose him, and let him go."

Mary separated herself from the company of mourners and fell at the feet of Jesus to express her worship and total commitment to him despite the agony and pains of the loss of her brother, Lazarus. She trusted Jesus and believed He could take away their sorrow, heal the wounded heart, and also bring the spirit of her brother, Lazarus, back to life. Mary is used to Jesus' feet, knowing his power of resurrection and well-grounded in the word of God. This helped her faith in the presence of Jesus during the turbulent time and eventually, the miracle came.

Today, it is important for us to learn to separate ourselves from the crowd and choose to fall at the feet of our Saviour. Sitting in pity and sympathy and surrounding ourselves with the crowd of sympathisers will not help but rather make us lose all. Get up! Quit ye like men! Pray with the word of God, claim his promises, and surround yourself with people who can increase your faith, love, and passion to worship God, instead of the multitude of grieving friends. The expected miracle will surely come. Your Lazarus will surely rise again!

Father, help me to stay at Your feet until my sorrow turns to sweetness and pain to pleasure, _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God Says:

_"I provide food for the hungry and justice for the oppressed."_ *Psalm 146: 7*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:38am On Mar 23

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 23RD MARCH, 2024 *THEME:* WISDOM AGAINST EVIL CONSPIRACY

*TEXT:* JOHN 11: 45-57 (NKJV)

11:45. Then many of the Jews who had come to Mary, and had seen the things Jesus did, believed in Him.
11:46. But some of them went away to the Pharisees and told them the things Jesus did.
11:47. Then the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered a council and said, "What shall we do? For this Man works many signs.
11:48. "If we let Him alone like this, everyone will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and nation."
11:49. And one of them, Caiaphas, being high priest that year, said to them, "You know nothing at all,
11:50. "nor do you consider that it is expedient for us that one man should die for the people, and not that the whole nation should perish."
11:51. Now this he did not say on his own [authority;] but being high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the nation,
11:52. and not for that nation only, but also that He would gather together in one the children of God who were scattered abroad.
11:53. Then, from that day on, they plotted to put Him to death.
11:54. Therefore Jesus no longer walked openly among the Jews, but went from there into the country near the wilderness, to a city called Ephraim, and there remained with His disciples.
11:55. And the Passover of the Jews was near, and many went from the country up to Jerusalem before the Passover, to purify themselves.
11:56. Then they sought Jesus, and spoke among themselves as they stood in the temple, "What do you think -- that He will not come to the feast?"
11:57. Now both the chief priests and the Pharisees had given a command, that if anyone knew where He was, he should report [it,] that they might seize Him.

In our text today, we see two reactions to the event of Lazarus' resurrection. First, the people who saw and also believed in the ministry of Jesus Christ. The other set of people, the religious leaders who should have rejoiced seeing God manifesting his glory, started conspiring together to kill Jesus. Caiaphas, a high priest, incited people with his prophecy that it was expedient that Jesus should die so that their whole nation may not perish. The plan was that killing Jesus would bring an end to His earthly reign and ministry. They forgot that Jesus' Kingdom was not of this world (John 18: 36). This religious leaders failed to understand the mind of God and took counsel together to destroy Jesus. However, Jesus was also wise and knowing that the hour of fulfilment of the prophecy was not there then, he withdrew from the Jews and continued the ministry in the background. What great wisdom!

We are daily confronted with opposition from religious bigots as well as persecutions from fanatics, and Islamic warlords plotting our failure and death. These people will never celebrate our success but are always around plotting our failure and rejection. We should never give up-our Lord is with us and he will see us through. We should also learn from Jesus-He did not expose himself to their antics but rather with dew from them. If Jesus, with all power and anointing, could apply wisdom and not power in this situation, then wisdom is profitable in all things.

Lord Jesus, grant me the grace to escape the plans of all my conspirators, _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God Says

_"My divine power will give you all you need to live a good life."_ *2 Peter 1: 3*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 5:17am On Mar 24
✝️📗DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2024-Mar-24
(Palm Sunday)

🎯TOPIC: A GREAT HUMILITY

✝️TEXT: John 12: 12-22(NKJV)
12:12. The next day a great multitude that had come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,
12:13. took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him, and cried out: "Hosanna! 'Blessed [is] He who comes in the name of the LORD!' The King of Israel!"
12:14. Then Jesus, when He had found a young donkey, sat on it; as it is written:
12:15. "Fear not, daughter of Zion; Behold, your King is coming, Sitting on a donkey's colt."
12:16. His disciples did not understand these things at first; but when Jesus was glorified, then they remembered that these things were written about Him and [that] they had done these things to Him.
12:17. Therefore the people, who were with Him when He called Lazarus out of his tomb and raised him from the dead, bore witness.
12:18. For this reason the people also met Him, because they heard that He had done this sign.
12:19. The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, "You see that you are accomplishing nothing. Look, the world has gone after Him!"
12:20. Now there were certain Greeks among those who came up to worship at the feast.
12:21. Then they came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida of Galilee, and asked him, saying, "Sir, we wish to see Jesus."
12:22. Philip came and told Andrew, and in turn Andrew and Philip told Jesus.

✝️STUDY: Today is Palm Sunday, celebrated in remembrance of Jesus' triumphant entry into Jerusalem. One of the major ways kings and wealthy men of this world demonstrate influence is by riding exotic cars, living in great mansions, and boasting of the monies in their bank accounts. These are the ways of the earthly rich! However, Jesus the King of kings, demonstrated his own personality by humility. He rode on a donkey colt and not in a chariot drawn by a horse, which could have revealed His majesty. He shunned the 'show' and chose a humble way. The colt He rode on was even borrowed!
Jesus refused to go in the ways of the world, but emptied all the glory He shared with the Father for him to fulfil the purpose of God on earth to save mankind from sin (2Cor. 8: 9). No wonder He was glorified and offered a name above every other names(Phil. 2: 5-9). We, his followers and ambassadors on earth, should follow his path of humility. Our humility in the church, place of work and the neighbourhood does not remove His glory from our lives but rather adds more (Psa. 138: 6). Humble yourself and God will lift you.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Lord, please give me the spirit of humility that I may live a life that pleases you.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 1:45am On Mar 25
Date: 2024-Mar-25
(Monday in the Holy Week)

✝️🎯TOPIC: PAY THE PRICE

✝️📖TEXT: John 12: 23-36(NKJV)

12:23. But Jesus answered them, saying, "The hour has come that the Son of Man should be glorified.
12:24. "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.
12:25. "He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
12:26. "If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him [My] Father will honor.
12:27. " Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save Me from this hour'? But for this purpose I came to this hour.
12:28. "Father, glorify Your name." Then a voice came from heaven, [saying,] "I have both glorified [it] and will glorify [it] again."
12:29. Therefore the people who stood by and heard [it] said that it had thundered. Others said, "An angel has spoken to Him."
12:30. Jesus answered and said, "This voice did not come because of Me, but for your sake.
12:31. "Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.
12:32. "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all [peoples] to Myself."
12:33. This He said, signifying by what death He would die.
12:34. The people answered Him, "We have heard from the law that the Christ remains forever; and how [can] You say, 'The Son of Man must be lifted up'? Who is this Son of Man?"
12:35. Then Jesus said to them, "A little while longer the light is with you. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you; he who walks in darkness does not know where he is going.
12:36. "While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light." These things Jesus spoke, and departed, and was hidden from them.

✝️📗STUDY: In today's lesson, Jesus declared that surely his time to be glorified had come. However, He knew it would not come on a platter of gold but rather through death and the shedding of his blood.

This was what He explained using a parable that unless a corn of wheat fell to the ground and died, it would not yield more fruits. He was therefore preparing to pay the price to fulfil the purpose of God for this world. He proved to the world that He never loved his life more than his Father's will. Earlier, He had taught that whoever loves his life will lose it and whoever hates it will gain it.

Gold will never show it brightness, beauty or attractiveness in its natural form unless it passed through a furnace of fire.

In the fire, it is purified and becomes attractive to men. For you to be fulfilled in life, you must pay a price and your life is the highest price to pay to gain eternal life. If you give yourself pleasure and every worldly satisfaction, you will certainly lose God's grace and eternity. Don't forget, Christ gave all, you must be ready to give your all to Him to live with him forever.

🙏 PRAYER: Lord, help me to pay the price whatever it will cost me to reign with you, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 12:40am On Mar 26

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 26TH MARCH, 2024 _*{Tuesday in Holy Week}*_ *THEME:* COSTLY MISTAKE

*TEXT:* JOHN 12: 37-43 (NKJV)

12:37. But although He had done so many signs before them, they did not believe in Him,
12:38. that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke: "Lord, who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?"
12:39. Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again:
12:40. "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, Lest they should see with [their] eyes, Lest they should understand with [their] hearts and turn, So that I should heal them."
12:41. These things Isaiah said when he saw His glory and spoke of Him.
12:42. Nevertheless even among the rulers many believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they did not confess [Him,] lest they should be put out of the synagogue;
12:43. for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

Despite several miracles Jesus did in their midst, the Jews failed to acknowledge him as their Saviour but were still expecting another messiah. John had spoken about this in John 1:11-12, “He came to his own but his own did not receive him." Unbelief is a deadly disease and God detests it; it's poisonous, kills and closes doors of opportunities. Unbelief shut the Israelites out of the Promised Land (Heb. 3: 15-19). It brought the wrath of God against the forefathers in the wilderness and many of them perished (Psa. 78: 22-23). Unbelief is a costly mistake that hinders the move of God in human life. It closes the door of grace against one."

Verses 42-45 explain that many of the chief rulers believed in Jesus but could not confess to him because they wanted to retain their positions in the synagogue. They loved the praise of men more than the praise of God. Are you in this position? Are you also afraid of family, friends, job loss, etc? Do not allow material things or humans to hinder you from saying yes to Jesus, because your ultimate reward will be greater than your temporal loss.

Oh Lord, give me the courage to believe and confess You before men, _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God Says:

_"Humble yourself before Me and in time I will exalt you."_ *1 Peter 5: 6*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 12:26am On Mar 27
Date: 2024-Mar-27
(Wednesday in the Holy Week)

🎯TOPIC: HE CAME TO SAVE

✝️TEXT: John 12: 44-50(NKJV)
12:44. Then Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me.
12:45. "And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me.
12:46. "I have come [as] a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness.
12:47. "And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.
12:48. "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him -- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
12:49. "For I have not spoken on My own [authority;] but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
12:50. "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."

✝️STUDY: Yesterday we read about the Jews' refusal to believe in Jesus and in today's lesson, for the last time in his public ministry, Jesus declared that He is the light of the world, fulfilling the declaration of John about him in John 1:3-4. The world is full of darkness and the dark works of satan in different ramifications. Jesus is the light of the world; his absence in one's life keeps one in total darkness and enables the devil and demons to manipulate one.
Likewise, He declared his mission to save the whole world which is under satanic bondage. Jesus is the answer to every challenge that one could have such as the bondage of sin, sickness, or satanic oppression. Accept him today because in him, there is life in abundance. The entire world is confused and in great trouble because the Saviour has not been recognised; He has not been given his rightful position. Accept him today and you will be free! The power of darkness will no longer prevail over your life and sin will become a thing of the past. Above all, you will become a candidate of heaven with Christ in you!

✝️🙏PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I accept you as my Lord and my Saviour today, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:19am On Mar 28

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 28TH MARCH, 2024 _*{Maundy Thursday}*_ *THEME:* BETRAYAL OF LOVE

*TEXT:* JOHN 13: 1-38 (NKJV)

13:1. Now before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had come that He should depart from this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end.
13:2. And supper being ended, the devil having already put it into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's [son,] to betray Him,
13:3. Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was going to God,
13:4. rose from supper and laid aside His garments, took a towel and girded Himself.
13:5. After that, He poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe [them] with the towel with which He was girded.
13:6. Then He came to Simon Peter. And [Peter] said to Him, "Lord, are You washing my feet?"
13:7. Jesus answered and said to him, "What I am doing you do not understand now, but you will know after this."
13:8. Peter said to Him, "You shall never wash my feet!" Jesus answered him, "If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me."
13:9. Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, not my feet only, but also [my] hands and [my] head!"
13:10. Jesus said to him, "He who is bathed needs only to wash [his] feet, but is completely clean; and you are clean, but not all of you."
13:11. For He knew who would betray Him; therefore He said, "You are not all clean."
13:12. So when He had washed their feet, taken His garments, and sat down again, He said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you?
13:13. "You call me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for [so] I am.
13:14. "If I then, [your] Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet.
13:15. "For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.
13:16. "Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him.
13:17. "If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.
13:18. "I do not speak concerning all of you. I know whom I have chosen; but that the Scripture may be fulfilled, 'He who eats bread with Me has lifted up his heel against Me.'
13:19. "Now I tell you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe that I am [He.]
13:20. "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me."
13:21. When Jesus had said these things, He was troubled in spirit, and testified and said, "Most assuredly, I say to you, one of you will betray Me."
13:22. Then the disciples looked at one another, perplexed about whom He spoke.
13:23. Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of His disciples, whom Jesus loved.
13:24. Simon Peter therefore motioned to him to ask who it was of whom He spoke.
13:25. Then, leaning back on Jesus' breast, he said to Him, "Lord, who is it?"
13:26. Jesus answered, "It is he to whom I shall give a piece of bread when I have dipped [it."] And having dipped the bread, He gave [it] to Judas Iscariot, [the son] of Simon.
13:27. Now after the piece of bread, Satan entered him. Then Jesus said to him, "What you do, do quickly."
13:28. But no one at the table knew for what reason He said this to him.
13:29. For some thought, because Judas had the money box, that Jesus had said to him, "Buy [those things] we need for the feast," or that he should give something to the poor.
13:30. Having received the piece of bread, he then went out immediately. And it was night.
13:31. So, when he had gone out, Jesus said, "Now the Son of Man is glorified, and God is glorified in Him.
13:32. "If God is glorified in Him, God will also glorify Him in Himself, and glorify Him immediately.
13:33. "Little children, I shall be with you a little while longer. You will seek Me; and as I said to the Jews, 'Where I am going, you cannot come,' so now I say to you.
13:34. "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
13:35. "By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
13:36. Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, where are You going?" Jesus answered him, "Where I am going you cannot follow Me now, but you shall follow Me afterward."
13:37. Peter said to Him, "Lord, why can I not follow You now? I will lay down my life for Your sake."
13:38. Jesus answered him, "Will you lay down your life for My sake? Most assuredly, I say to you, the rooster shall not crow till you have denied Me three times.

Today's passage narrates the conversation between Jesus and his disciples before his crucifixion. Jesus practically showed his disciples his love and acts of humility by washing their feet (vv. 4-17). However, He was troubled in the Spirit that despite the outpouring of love and hospitality to his disciple, one of them “has lifted his heel against" him (v.18). Referring to Psalm 41: 9, Jesus showed his outright dismay that the prophecy of his betrayal could be fulfilled through one of his disciples taking cruel advantage of his affection and cordiality.

It is revealing that the devil put it in the heart of Judas Iscariot to betray Jesus (v.2). This showed us that the problem of Judas Iscariot was his heart. He showed outward commitment to Jesus but inwardly, he rejected Jesus as his Lord and allowed the devil to take hold of his heart. He hardened his heart despite several chances given him to repent. The heart is the central focus of the enemy, and once it is conquered, life is gone. This is the reason we are called to guard our hearts against the attack of the enemy. Who rules your heart? Are you working against Jesus' Will for you? While Judas was throwing away his loyalty to Jesus, Peter was reaffirming his loyalty (v.37). We must be ready to affirm our loyalty to Jesus daily and renew our commitment.

Dear Lord, help me not to allow the enemy to lay hold of my heart to betray You. _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God Says:

_"Never tire of doing good, for in time you will reap a harvest."_ *Galatians 6: 9*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 3:25am On Mar 29
Date: 2024-Mar-29
(Good Friday)

🎯TOPIC: MY KINGDOM IS NOT OF THIS WORLD

✝️TEXT: John 18: 1-40(NKJV)
18:1. When Jesus had spoken these words, He went out with His disciples over the Brook Kidron, where there was a garden, which He and His disciples entered.
18:2. And Judas, who betrayed Him, also knew the place; for Jesus often met there with His disciples.
18:3. Then Judas, having received a detachment [of troops,] and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, came there with lanterns, torches, and weapons.
18:4. Jesus therefore, knowing all things that would come upon Him, went forward and said to them, "Whom are you seeking?"
18:5. They answered Him, "Jesus of Nazareth." Jesus said to them, "I am [He."] And Judas, who betrayed Him, also stood with them.
18:6. Now when He said to them, "I am [He,"] they drew back and fell to the ground.
18:7. Then He asked them again, "Whom are you seeking?" And they said, "Jesus of Nazareth."
18:8. Jesus answered, "I have told you that I am [He.] Therefore, if you seek Me, let these go their way,"
18:9. that the saying might be fulfilled which He spoke, "Of those whom You gave Me I have lost none."
18:10. Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.
18:11. So Jesus said to Peter, "Put your sword into the sheath. Shall I not drink the cup which My Father has given Me?"
18:12. Then the detachment [of troops] and the captain and the officers of the Jews arrested Jesus and bound Him.
18:13. And they led Him away to Annas first, for he was the father-in-law of Caiaphas who was high priest that year.
18:14. Now it was Caiaphas who advised the Jews that it was expedient that one man should die for the people.
18:15. And Simon Peter followed Jesus, and so [did] another disciple. Now that disciple was known to the high priest, and went with Jesus into the courtyard of the high priest.
18:16. But Peter stood at the door outside. Then the other disciple, who was known to the high priest, went out and spoke to her who kept the door, and brought Peter in.
18:17. Then the servant girl who kept the door said to Peter, "You are not also [one] of this Man's disciples, are you?" He said, "I am not."
18:18. Now the servants and officers who had made a fire of coals stood there, for it was cold, and they warmed themselves. And Peter stood with them and warmed himself.
18:19. The high priest then asked Jesus about His disciples and His doctrine.
18:20. Jesus answered him, "I spoke openly to the world. I always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where the Jews always meet, and in secret I have said nothing.
18:21. "Why do you ask Me? Ask those who have heard Me what I said to them. Indeed they know what I said."
18:22. And when He had said these things, one of the officers who stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, "Do You answer the high priest like that?"
18:23. Jesus answered him, "If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil; but if well, why do you strike Me?"
18:24. Then Annas sent Him bound to Caiaphas the high priest.
18:25. Now Simon Peter stood and warmed himself. Therefore they said to him, "You are not also [one] of His disciples, are you?" He denied [it] and said, "I am not!"
18:26. One of the servants of the high priest, a relative [of him] whose ear Peter cut off, said, "Did I not see you in the garden with Him?"
18:27. Peter then denied again; and immediately a rooster crowed.
18:28. Then they led Jesus from Caiaphas to the Praetorium, and it was early morning. But they themselves did not go into the Praetorium, lest they should be defiled, but that they might eat the Passover.
18:29. Pilate then went out to them and said, "What accusation do you bring against this Man?"
18:30. They answered and said to him, "If He were not an evildoer, we would not have delivered Him up to you."
18:31. Then Pilate said to them, "You take Him and judge Him according to your law." Therefore the Jews said to him, "It is not lawful for us to put anyone to death,"32 that the saying of Jesus might be fulfilled which He spoke, signifying by what death He would die.
33 Then Pilate entered the [h]Praetorium again, called Jesus, and said to Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?”
34 Jesus answered him, “Are you speaking for yourself about this, or did others tell you this concerning Me?”
35 Pilate answered, “Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have delivered You to me. What have You done?”
36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”
37 Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?”
Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”
38 Pilate said to Him, “What is truth?” And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews, and said to them, “I find no fault in Him at all.
39 “But you have a custom that I should release someone to you at the Passover. Do you therefore want me to release to you the King of the Jews?”
40 Then they all cried again, saying, “Not this Man, but Barabbas!” Now Barabbas was a robber.

✝️ Good Friday is here for us to identify with the suffering, crucifixion, pains of the cross, and death of our Lord Jesus Christ. Judas Iscariot betrayed jesus into the hands of his fellow conspirators (the Chief Priest and Pharisees) and they arrested and led him to face judgment before Pontius Pilate. Jesus enemies brought him before Pilate accusing him of rebellion. They claimed that Jesus wanted to overthrow the Roman Empire and establish his own Kingdom. Jesus did not defend himself nor did he allow his disciples to stop his arrest despite having enough arsenals of disciples that could stop his arrest. He told Pilate that His Kingdom is not of this world and that the authority of his kingship is not derived from a man but is divine.

The main purpose of his coming to the world is to die so that all men will come to the knowledge of the Lord. He was ready to pay the price so that the kingdom would be established in the hearts of men and He was not ready to let anything distract him from getting this goal realized. The Kingdom of Jesus is that of truth where He reigns over the lives of people and He paid the price to establish this kingdom! What are we pursuing today? Building empires outside Jesus? Political power? The suffering and death of jesus will be in vain if we neglect the pursuit of the Kingdom of God and follow the multitude to pursue the kingdom of this world. We may have a temporary gain but the loss will be grievous. We must put priority on seeking the Kingdom of God (Matt. 6: 33)today!

✝️🙏PRAYER: lord!help me to love what you love hate what you hate,and pursue what is dear to your heart
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 8:43am On Mar 30

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 30TH MARCH, 2024 _*{Holy Saturday}*_ *THEME:* GIVE THE MASTER THE BEST HE DESERVES

*TEXT:* JOHN 19: 38-42 (NKJV)

19:38. After this, Joseph of Arimathea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly, for fear of the Jews, asked Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus; and Pilate gave [him] permission. So he came and took the body of Jesus.
19:39. And Nicodemus, who at first came to Jesus by night, also came, bringing a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about a hundred pounds.
19:40. Then they took the body of Jesus, and bound it in strips of linen with the spices, as the custom of the Jews is to bury.
19:41. Now in the place where He was crucified there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb in which no one had yet been laid.
19:42. So there they laid Jesus, because of the Jews' Preparation [Day,] for the tomb was nearby.

Joseph of Arimathea was a prosperous, prominent businessman and a member of the Sanhedrin. He went to request the body of Jesus and was joined by Nicodemus, a Pharisee, who had earlier had a secret encounter with Jesus in John 3. The actions of the two men showed their strong faith and love for Christ at the moment when the hierarchy of leadership was against him. They used their positions and influence in society to honour their master out of their care, delight, and gratuitous love to serve Him. They didn't do this because of what they would get because at this point. Jesus was already dead! Jesus was buried in a new tomb carved out of the stone of a hillside and with excessive spices which were features of the royal funerals of Israel and were appropriate for him (2 Chron. 16: 14). These men gave their Lord the best burial any man could imagine!

We should use our positions and influence to bring glory to the Lord and never be ashamed to identify with Christ and his Church in difficult times. We must give our Lord the best that He deserves! We have Christians in our parishes who seek no applause or recognition and yet love Jesus! It is not those who put up the greatest shows in the Church, who are always the closest friends of Christ.

Dear Lord, help me to use all that I have for Your glory and honour; _*Amen*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God Says:

_"I prepared a kingdom inheritance for you when I created the world."_ *Matthew 25: 34*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:24am On Mar 31

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 31ST MARCH, 2024 _*{Easter Day}*_ *THEME:* ENCOUNTERING THE RISEN JESUS

*TEXT:* JOHN 20: 1-18 (NKJV)

20:1. Now on the first [day] of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw [that] the stone had been taken away from the tomb.
20:2. Then she ran and came to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and said to them, "They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him."
20:3. Peter therefore went out, and the other disciple, and were going to the tomb.
20:4. So they both ran together, and the other disciple outran Peter and came to the tomb first.
20:5. And he, stooping down and looking in, saw the linen cloths lying [there;] yet he did not go in.
20:6. Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb; and he saw the linen cloths lying [there,]
20:7. and the handkerchief that had been around His head, not lying with the linen cloths, but folded together in a place by itself.
20:8. Then the other disciple, who came to the tomb first, went in also; and he saw and believed.
20:9. For as yet they did not know the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead.
20:10. Then the disciples went away again to their own homes.
20:11. But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down [and looked] into the tomb.
20:12. And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
20:13. Then they said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him."
20:14. Now when she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing [there,] and did not know that it was Jesus.
20:15. Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, "Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away."
20:16. Jesus said to her, "Mary!" She turned and said to Him, "Rabboni!" (which is to say, Teacher).
20:17. Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and [to] My God and your God.' "
20:18. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and [that] He had spoken these things to her.

Today, we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. Prior to our text today, we saw the suffering, persecution, crucifixion and death of Jesus Christ. He was buried in a special tomb closed with a big stone and under the watch of soldiers to prevent his resurrection (Matt. 27: 62-66). However, these human efforts could not hinder the plan of God, and Jesus rose from the dead on the third day. Mary Magdalene, a faithful disciple, came to the tomb early on the third day but met an empty tomb. She quickly called the attention of Peter and John to this. Thereafter, Peter and John came, saw the empty tomb, with the only content in it being the burial linen used to wrap the Lord's body. Shortly after, they left without any further inquiry but with the assumption that some persons may have taken his corpse away. It was the persistency and uncommon love of Mary that made her stay behind and she had her first encounter with the risen Lord.

Casual seekers will never see the Lord but will only see the empty tomb. It is those who diligently seek the Lord with all their heart that will experience his divine love and encounter. As we celebrate the Risen Lord, let us wait on him to reveal himself to us so that we may encounter the power that raised him from the dead. The resurrection of Jesus will only be meaningful if we encounter him and become saved.

Dear Jesus, give me the grace to seek You a little longer so I can encounter You, _*Amen!*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God Says

_"It is precious for Me to see My faithful ones come home."_ *Psalm 116: 15*

_*HAPPY EASTER CELEBRATION*_
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 3:39am On Apr 01

*DATE:* MONDAY, 1ST APRIL, 2024 _*{Easter Monday}*_ *THEME:* A TURNAROUND

*TEXT:* JOHN 21: 1-14 (NKJV)

*1* After these things Jesus showed Himself again to the disciples at the Sea of Tiberias, and in this way He showed Himself:
*2* Simon Peter, Thomas called the Twin, Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two others of His disciples were together.
*3* Simon Peter said to them, “I am going fishing.”
They said to him, “We are going with you also.” They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.
*4* But when the morning had now come, Jesus stood on the shore; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus.
*5* Then Jesus said to them, “Children, have you any food?”
They answered Him, “No.”
*6* And He said to them, “Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some.” So they cast, and now they were not able to draw it in because of the multitude of fish.
*7* Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, “It is the Lord!” Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on his outer garment (for he had removed it), and plunged into the sea.
*8* But the other disciples came in the little boat (for they were not far from land, but about two hundred cubits), dragging the net with fish.
*9* Then, as soon as they had come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid on it, and bread.
*10* Jesus said to them, “Bring some of the fish which you have just caught.”
*11* Simon Peter went up and dragged the net to land, full of large fish, one hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not broken.
*12* Jesus said to them, “Come and eat breakfast.” Yet none of the disciples dared ask Him, “Who are You?”—knowing that it was the Lord.
*13* Jesus then came and took the bread and gave it to them, and likewise the fish.
*14* This is now the third time Jesus showed Himself to His disciples after He was raised from the dead.

It is not obvious why Peter and six other disciples went back to fishing. But it is clear that they caught nothing after their painful toil that night. Naturally, they may have been disappointed, frustrated and dissatisfied with the sad outcome. Sometimes our ventures do not yield the desired results and it would appear all we have are empty nets, empty bank accounts and unfulfilled expectations after all our hard work. But at such times the Lord is near. He assured that he will never leave nor abandon us (Heb. 13: 5).

What a joy when the Lord intervenes and by his direction, things turn around. The result is usually bigger, just like in our text where Peter and company caught a large number of big fishes, with a waiting complimentary breakfast. It is important we keep faith in the face disappointment; we should listen, hear and follow the Lord's voice in such situations.

Dear Lord, cause me to hear and obey Your voice for a turnaround, _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God Says:

_"I will not forget My promises because I am a merciful God."_ *Deuteronomy 4: 31*

*WELCOME TO THE MONTH OF APRIL 2024*

In this new month the Lord shall heal all your wounds. Every condition that brings pain to you shall be settled. Your land is healed from generational curses. Your marriage is healed from the influence of deceitful people. Peace shall reign in your homes. *Amen.*

*HAPPY NEW MONTH*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:33am On Apr 02
Date: 2024-April -02
(Tuesday in Easter Week)

🎯HOPE IN TIMES OF DISCOURAGEMENT

✝️TEXT: John 20: 19-25(NKJV)
20:19. Then, the same day at evening, being the first [day] of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, "Peace [be] with you."
20:20. When He had said this, He showed them [His] hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.
20:21. So Jesus said to them again, "Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you."
20:22. And when He had said this, He breathed on [them,] and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit.
20:23. "If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the [sins] of any, they are retained."
20:24. Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came.
20:25. The other disciples therefore said to him, "We have seen the Lord." So he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."

✝️ STUDY: The disciples out of fear shut the doors, secured and locked them against any unwelcome entry. However, this couldn't hinder Jesus, Who came and stood in their midst. After deserting Jesus on the day of His crucifixion, the disciples probably expected words of rebuke or blame. Instead, Jesus brought words of peace, reconciling peace. "Peace to you," is an assurance that there is no cause to fear, and that all is well: for they (Luke 24: 36) were alarmed by His manifestation (Trench). The same words Jesus speaks to us today in the midst of our fears, past, doubts, difficulties and challenges.<br /> Jesus breathed on them saying, "Receive the Holy Spirit." It was an act of re-creation, just as God breathed life into the first man. Jesus gave them the Holy Spirit, bringing new life and authority for their mission. In the same way, we've received the same Spirit that empowered and enabled Jesus' words and works as an empowerment for an effective application of the work of Christ. Unfortunately, Thomas was absent, thus missed the blessings of being 'present.' Being absent in Hi presence will make us doubt the testimony of many and reliable witnesses, and miss the blessings of being in His presence.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Lord, may I not miss your visitation at all times, especially when I am down. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:20am On Apr 05
Good

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 5TH APRIL, 2024 _*{Friday in Easter Week}*_ *THEME:* TAKE CARE OF MY SHEEP

*TEXT:* JOHN 21: 15-23 (NKJV)

21:15. So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, [son] of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Feed My lambs."
21:16. He said to him again a second time, "Simon, [son] of Jonah, do you love Me?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Tend My sheep."
21:17. He said to him the third time, "Simon, [son] of Jonah, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep.
21:18. "Most assuredly, I say to you, when you were younger, you girded yourself and walked where you wished; but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will gird you and carry [you] where you do not wish."
21:19. This He spoke, signifying by what death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, "Follow Me."
21:20. Then Peter, turning around, saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following, who also had leaned on His breast at the supper, and said, "Lord, who is the one who betrays You?"
21:21. Peter, seeing him, said to Jesus, "But Lord, what [about] this man?"
21:22. Jesus said to him, "If I will that he remain till I come, what [is that] to you? You follow Me."
21:23. Then this saying went out among the brethren that this disciple would not die. Yet Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but, "If I will that he remain till I come, what [is that] to you?"

This discussion between Jesus and Peter is marked by the three times Jesus asked Peter whether he loved Him or not. After Peter's affirmative answers, he is again charged to care for the sheep (the other disciples/believers). The importance of this scene is found in the fact that Jesus embraced Peter again, despite his betrayal, and also recalled him to the leadership role in the Church of God. This is an example to emulate from Jesus as we all have leadership roles, one way or the other.

The intimate conversation between Jesus and Peter, especially the play on words, has fostered much meditation in the past. Jesus intentionally and boldly led Peter to step into the work to tenderly care for the needy lamb. As is expected of us, Peter was publicly charged to take care of the flock under his care. Jesus used this concept to largely define the need of God's people for a shepherd and the need for good shepherds to care for Jesus' sheep. Are you a responsible shepherd leader?

Lord help me to be a good shepherd that cares for Your sheep. _*Amen*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY:*
God Says:

_"I created all things for My pleasure."_ *Revelation 4: 11*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:26am On Apr 06

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 6TH APRIL, 2024 *THEME:* A TRUE TESTIMONY

*TEXT:* JOHN 21: 24-25 (NKJV)

21:24. This is the disciple who testifies of these things, and wrote these things; and we know that his testimony is true.

21:25. And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.

John would conclude his gospel validating the truth of the Gospel of our LORD Jesus Christ, by saying, “We know that his testimony is true.”A1l along in the gospel of John, he was showing that Jesus loves us, as His Father does; His death on the cross brings us salvation and His resurrection is Life; His truth, mercy, grace, examples, messages, deeds and life keep expanding His work through believers. So some writers refer to this ending as a colophon-a finishing stroke or inscription placed at the end of a book or manuscript to give information about its authorship. For John, the colophon for his gospel is 'Truth'; it affirms that this gospel is reliable.

Jesus' great work is too big for the world to contain. This is because Jesus did many great works when he was on earth. The greatest of this great work is seen in us His disciples. We are witnesses and evidence of His manifest redemptive mission. Everyone is called out to believe. Ultimately, the purpose of the Gospel is Christ in us and in others. So, since the world cannot contain a book that can record all that Jesus did, the expression of His Grace and Truth should be found in us. The Gospel Mission is the mission of GOD through us to the whole world. We are living epistles.

Lord may my life showcase the goodness of Christ to everyone around me, _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God Says:

_"I am your Father and you are My handiwork."_ *Isaiah 64: 8*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:32am On Apr 08
Date: 2024-April -08

🎯TOPIC: JESUS, THE WAY TO THE FATHER

✝️TEXT: 1 John 1: 1-4(NKJV)
1:1. That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life
1:2. the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us
1:3. that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.
1:4. And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.

✝️ STUDY: The purpose of John's letter is to bring souls into a relationship with God. In verses 1-2, he points out that Jesus Christ, who is the Eternal Word is the center of any relationship with God. (The beginning that he speaks about is eternity and before time as in John 1: 1-3.) The same Eternal Word was made manifest, physically real, through incarnation, of which he's an eyewitness. It is emphatic that we can't have the eternal life of the Father without accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour.<br /> John's testimony about Jesus magnetically draws us into a sublime, fellowship with both God's people and God Himself. It is the ancient Greek word koinonia, which speaks of a sharing, a communion, a common bond and common life. It speaks of a living, breathing, sharing, loving relationship with another person. We all have the divine life in us. The result of this fellowship is fullness of joy and this joy means an abiding sense of hopefulness and cheerfulness based on God, as opposed to happiness, which is a sense of optimism and cheerfulness based on circumstances. Do you have this joy, this fellowship with GOD and the brethren?

✝️🙏PRAYER: LORD, may I never lose or miss the eternal fellowship with you above. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:41am On Apr 10
Date: 2024-April -10

🎯TOPIC: WALKING IN THE LIGHT

✝️TEXT: 1 John 2: 1-6(NKJV)
2:1. My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
2:2. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.
2:3. Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
2:4. He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
2:5. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
2:6. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

✝️ STUDY: One thing is clear, God does not want his children to sin; He does not want his children to live in sin or practice sin. In fact, no true Christian wants to sin and no sinner (one who perpetually sins) is a Christian. Yet, we must fight with sin, the devil and the world. We fight all day long as temptations and trials come our ways. John's words are instructive, “I write this to you so that you will not sin.” In fact, this is what the whole gospel is all about. Jesus brought us out of our slavery to sin and into a new life in him where sin is no longer our master, so that we obey its desires no more. Unfortunately, occasionally we fall to sin's temptation and feel dirty until we bring that sin to God for cleansing Well, John immediately comforts us in the same breath that he exhorts us not to sin. He says that if we sin, we have an advocate with the Father. When the prodigal son came to his senses, his conviction led him to repent and rise to seek his father. Of course, his father was still his father. There is nothing sweeter than the knowledge that though our relationship with our Father is broken by sin, we have a father who is always ready to<br /> forgive and receive us back into fellowship with him. And when we walk in the light of His word and live by his truth, our hatred for sin grows. Therefore, let us always strive to walk in the Light of God and confess our sins whenever we fall.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Lord help me to live upright always and whenever I fall, to repent and return to You!_
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 12:01am On Apr 11

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 11TH APRIL, 2024 *THEME:* LOVE A SIGN OF LIGHT

*TEXT:* 1 JOHN 2: 7-14 (NKJV)

7. Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning.
8. Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining.
9. He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now.
10. He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him.
11. But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.
12. I write to you, little children, Because your sins are forgiven you for His name’s sake.
13. I write to you, father's, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, Because you have overcome the wicked one. I write to you, little children, Because you have known the Father.
14. I have written to you, fathers, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, And you have overcome the wicked one.

From the beginning of the world, love and concern for man have characterised God's relationship with him. No wonder the Psalmist says, “What is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man, that you care for him?” (Psalm. 8: 4). It is very clear that love is of God and a very visible trait of His personality. The salvation of man through the death and resurrection of Christ is a great sign of God's love. If God is love, then His children who supposedly carry His DNA, must have nothing to do with hatred. If a man cannot love the humans around him, it means that he does not love God. If a man is filled with hatred for others, our text today puts it clearly that such a one is not in the light but dwells in darkness.

Our love for others cannot be hidden. It shows through welfare, care, forgiveness, etc. It might appear very difficult to love those who oppose to us, but loving them shows that we are truly the children of our father who sent his son to die for a sinful world. Rid your heart of every hatred. Forgive those who offend you, and may the light of God continue to shine in and through you. Amen.

Heal my heart O God and may Your light shine through me. _*Amen*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"The good things that I have planned for you are too many to count."_ *Psalm 40: 5*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 5:04am On Apr 12
THE DAILY FOUNTAIN
DAILY DEVOTIONAL OF THE
CHURCH OF NIGERIA (ANGLICAN COMMUNION)
DATE: FRIDAY, APRIL 12, 2024
TOPIC: UNHEALTHY ATTRACTION
READ: 1 JOHN 2: 15-17 (NKJV)

2:15. Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
2:16. For all that [is] in the world -- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life -- is not of the Father but is of the world.
2:17. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

THE MESSAGE:

There exists a great difference between the principles of God's kingdom and those of the world - they go in opposite directions. In the kingdom, you live by dying; you get by giving and you lead by serving, etc. It is not so with the world. The love of the world is not God's type of love; that of the world is full of lust of the flesh and the perishable ego therein. The lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and the pride of life are of the world. As for Eve, the fruit was good to be looked at, it was very desirable, and had the potential to make her like God, but then came the punishment!

Jesus Christ made it very clear to His disciples that they were not of the world. It is impossible to have both the love of God and that of the world dwell in a particular individual at the same time. The loyalty and the desires of a Christian should be to God and nothing more. Any other privilege added to him by God should be seen as an instrument of service unto God. The world today presents an unhealthy attraction to God's children and has a hidden intention to distract and destroy. We must depend on God's grace to remain faithful unto Him as we await the coming of our Master, Jesus Christ.

PRAYER: Deliver me from the attraction of the world, O Lord.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 5:41am On Apr 13

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 13TH APRIL, 2024 *THEME:* SEDUCTION

*TEXT:* 1 JOHN 2: 18-27 (NKJV)

2:18. Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
2:19. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but [they went out] that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
2:20. But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.
2:21. I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
2:22. Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.
2:23. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
2:24. Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father.
2:25. And this is the promise that He has promised us -- eternal life.
2:26. These things I have written to you concerning those who [try to] deceive you.
2:27. But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

From creation till now, Satan has not relented in fighting to control the soul of man. He visited man in the Garden of Eden and inflicted a great injury on his destiny until the coming of Jesus Christ. As much as the victory over Satan through the death of Christ subsists, Satan has not relented in his subtlety to seek for ways to re-imprison man. This he does through seduction as typified in false doctrines and teachings which have been around from the inception of the Church. This is the reason the Apostles made sure that the details of our faith were put in plain terms called the Apostles Creed.

Because the salvation of man is delivered in Jesus Christ, there has been a concerted effort to deny that Jesus is the Christ. Our text enjoins us today to abide by the unchanging word of God wherein we see Jesus Christ as the author and finisher of our faith. Any contrary teaching and doctrine is that of the Antichrist which are sometimes peddled by some of those who had been with us in the faith, and most times, coated with exciting words that take only discerning hearts to see their falsehood. We must continually guard our faith by watching who we sit under and where we get our spiritual nourishment from.

Grant me a discerning heart O Lord that I may know and live by the truth always. _*Amen*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"I will always build you up, not pull you down."_ *Jeremiah 24: 6*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 3:12am On Apr 14
Date: 2024-April -14

🎯TOPIC: THE SHEPHERD

✝️TEXT: Psalm 23:1-6(NKJV)
23:1. The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.
23:2. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
23:3. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.
23:4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You [are] with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
23:5. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.
23:6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever.

✝️ STUDY: David the author of Psalm 23 was a shepherd, and using the relationship between the sheep and the shepherd, he described the love, compassion and care that God holds for every of his children. In early morning, the shepherd led the flock from the fold to the spot where they were to be pastured. He watched over them to make sure that they were not endangered. Sheep require to be supplied regularly with water, and the shepherd for this purpose has to guide them either to a running stream or a dug well. At night, he brought the flock back, counting and making sure that they were complete. He protects their fold from wild animals and thieves.Having also risen to the position of the king of Israel, David was so certain that God watches over His own. The ability and the willingness of God to provide for, restore, lead, deliver and bless His people, is not in doubt as the Bible is replete with evidence. We must trust God in every circumstance to perform His desired role of a shepherd over us. Above all, we must have Him as our God and Master because, the direct responsibility of the shepherd is to his flock and not flock from another fold. Are you a member of God's flock on earth? If yes, trust Him for He is able to see you through.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Heavenly father, I resign to you. Have your way in my life in Jesus name.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 12:47am On Apr 15

*DATE:* MONDAY, 15TH APRIL, 2024 *THEME:* RIGHTEOUSNESS

*TEXT:* 1 JOHN 2: 28-29 (NKJV)

2:28. And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
2:29. If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

The corruption of man through sin in the Garden of Eden came to God with so much pain that he regretted making him (Gen. 6: 6). The chasing away from the Garden of Eden meant that sinful man was not worth being in relationship with a holy God. Although God almost immediately began with temporal measures for his restoration, yet man was counted as unworthy. At the fullness of time, God sent His only begotten son Jesus Christ to die on the cross and pay the debt of sin owed by man. This is so that His righteousness which man lost can be imputed back on him.

No man is counted righteous before God by his own works (Eph. 2: 9); it is the righteousness of Christ which has been imputed to us by our faith in Him that stands us righteous before God. This also should give a great confidence to anyone who has given his/her life to Christ that he/she is indeed a righteous person. However, as text clearly indicates, we must continually abide in Him knowing that He will come back someday to harvest us to Himself. We must not live our lives in any way that will make us ashamed before our Master when He comes.

Lord, may I continually count Your righteousness imputed upon me as a great treasure. Help me to live as one born of You. _*Amen*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"If you make your home in Me, then no evil will come your way."_ *Psalm 91: 9-10*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:08am On Apr 16

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 16TH APRIL, 2024 *THEME:* GENEROUS LOVE

*TEXT:* 1 JOHN 3: 1-12 (NKJV)

3:1. Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.
3:2. Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.
3:3. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
3:4. Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.
3:5. And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.
3:6. Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.
3:7. Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
3:8. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
3:9. Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
3:10. In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor [is] he who does not love his brother.
3:11. For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another,
3:12. not as Cain [who] was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother's righteous.

The love of God that made him to seek for and restore us to a relationship with him is beyond human understanding; the magnitude is unimaginable.1 John 3: 1 paraphrased: I cannot explain this kind of love, it is too much for me, that God generously gave and did not hold back anything, even the Son, to make and call me his child. The appreciation and appropriation of the love of God builds hope which in turn purifies. This hope enables us to practise righteousness instead of sin. For God has dealt with the root of sin when His love propelled Jesus to the cross for the destruction of the works of the devil.

Now, we must accept and appreciate this love of God: But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us (Rom. 5: cool. We must sincerely believe and accept Jesus Christ and resolve to live for Him and truly serve him. This love will keep us going and ready to sacrifice so as to please Him. This sincere love for God will definitely affect our relationship with Him; and in delightful obedience to his commandments, our families and neighbours will be loved and we will not deliberately hurt them. God's love is generous to us; can we generously love Him in return?

Lord open the eyes of my understanding to perceive how much You love me and help me to love without reservation. _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"If you delight in My Word, you will be fruitful and prosperous."_ *Psalm 1: 1-3*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 1:57am On Apr 17

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 17TH APRIL, 2024 *THEME:* EXPRESSED LOVE

*TEXT:* 1 JOHN 3: 13-24 (NKJV)

3:13. Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you.
3:14. We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love [his] brother abides in death.
3:15. Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
3:16. By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down [our] lives for the brethren.
3:17. But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?
3:18. My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.
3:19. And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him.
3:20. For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.
3:21. Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God.
3:22. And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.
3:23. And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.
3:24. Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

We do not love only in words but also in deeds. We express love through our actions which could sometimes require sacrifice. This is what God did when He sent Jesus Christ, the author and finisher of our faith, to lay down His life for us. That is the best gift God gave to mankind. Obviously, Jesus' action is an example of an expressed love. Now, love is an evidence to people around us that we have passed from death to life and when we do not love, we make ourselves murderers and abide in death. The debt we owe to others is love and if we truly love one another, it is difficult for us to hate.

God called us to express love sincerely without lip service. Eugene H. Peterson in simple English puts it this way, “If you see some brother or sister in need and have the means to do something about it but turn a cold shoulder and do nothing, what happens to God's love? It disappears. And you made it disappear” (1 John 3: 17, Message). God does not expect us to give what we do not have, but according to the means He has provided. Can we ask ourselves this question: Are we not found wanting in expressing godly love? Without love, Christianity becomes another secret cult. Love is the language of the church; it is highest expression of Christianity. Be an agent of the love of Jesus to our world.

O Lord, help me live above lip service and express love sincerely with right actions to my neighbour. _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"I will cover you all day long as you rest between My shoulders."_ *Deuteronomy 33: 12*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 10:22am On Apr 18

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 18TH APRIL, 2024 *THEME:* TEST THE SPIRITS

*TEXT:* 1 JOHN 4: 1-6 (NKJV)

4:1. Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
4:2. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,
4:3. and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the [spirit] of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
4:4. You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
4:5. They are of the world. Therefore they speak [as] of the world, and the world hears them.
4:6. We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

The problem of the world today is not necessarily demonic agents outside but the ones that have infiltrated the church. They are dressed in suits, carry the Bible, speak in tongues and prophesy in the name of God. They parade with titles such as Pastors, General Overseers, Apostles, Evangelists, and Prophets and proclaim sugar-coated messages. The Bible noted that they are many and have been released into the world. Their god is their belly (Phil. 3: 19); they are sensual (Jude 1: 19) and Antichrist in nature. They are engaged in unimaginable things to feast on the vulnerable. Based on this therefore, our text today urges us to test all spirits.

How can we test the spirits? We must be certain of who is in us and also certain of our salvation. We must practise godliness with contentment and deliberately feast and meditate on the word of God daily. When we know the truth, falsehood will be exposed. We must also pray effectively so as not to be enticed and fall victim to such falsehood. Finally, we must trust God in all circumstances and truly allow the Holy Spirit to be in charge.

My God and Father, please give me the grace to identify and shun agents of darkness in Jesus name. _*Amen*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"Come close to Me and I will come close to you."_ *James 4: 8*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:08am On Apr 20

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 20TH APRIL, 2024 *THEME:* VICTORY BY FAITH

*TEXT:* 1 JOHN 5: 1-5 (NKJV)

5:1. Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him.
5:2. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.
5:3. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
5:4. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world -- our faith.
5:5. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

The world wants us to be shaped by it but the Bible says, _“Don't let the world around you squeeze you into its own mould"_ (Rom. 12: 2a; _Phillips_ ). The antidote is to be born of God and to remain in Him. _Every God-begotten person conquers the world's ways. The conquering power that brings the world to its knees is our faith_ (1 John 5: 4; _Message_ ). Faith is the key to our victory and this faith isthe confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see (Heb. 11: 1; _New Living Translation_ ). It was faith that enabled Moses to divide the Red Sea; through the same faith, the wall of Jericho crumbled before Joshua.

The threat the world presents to us today - moral depravity, sicknesses, worry and anxiety, poverty and fear - can be confronted by faith in God. Faith magnifies our God and presents Him as incomparable to every challenges of life, bringing them to their knees. How can we stir up the faith that assures of victory? Simple: _“So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God”_ (Rom. 10: 17). Treasure the word of God and allow it to rule your life. Then, your victory is guaranteed by faith. The Just shall live by faith.

Dear Lord, please increase my faith in this mindless world in Jesus name. _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"My gentleness will enlarge your life."_ *2 Samuel 22: 36*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 7:39am On Apr 21
Date: 2024-April -21
(Third Sunday after Easter)

🎯 TOPIC: DO NOT PUT YOUR TRUST IN RICHES

✝️TEXT: Psalm 49: 1-20(NKJV)
49:1. To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of the sons of Korah. Hear this, all peoples; Give ear, all inhabitants of the world,
49:2. Both low and high, Rich and poor together.
49:3. My mouth shall speak wisdom, And the meditation of my heart [shall give] understanding.
49:4. I will incline my ear to a proverb; I will disclose my dark saying on the harp.
49:5. Why should I fear in the days of evil, [When] the iniquity at my heels surrounds me?
49:6. Those who trust in their wealth And boast in the multitude of their riches,
49:7. None [of them] can by any means redeem [his] brother, Nor give to God a ransom for him --
49:8. For the redemption of their souls [is] costly, And it shall cease forever --
49:9. That he should continue to live eternally, [And] not see the Pit.
49:10. For he sees wise men die; Likewise the fool and the senseless person perish, And leave their wealth to others.
49:11. Their inner thought [is that] their houses [will last] forever, Their dwelling places to all generations; They call [their] lands after their own names.
49:12. Nevertheless man, [though] in honor, does not remain; He is like the beasts [that] perish.
49:13. This is the way of those who [are] foolish, And of their posterity who approve their sayings. Selah
49:14. Like sheep they are laid in the grave; Death shall feed on them; The upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; And their beauty shall be consumed in the grave, far from their dwelling.
49:15. But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, For He shall receive me. Selah
49:16. Do not be afraid when one becomes rich, When the glory of his house is increased;
49:17. For when he dies he shall carry nothing away; His glory shall not descend after him.
49:18. Though while he lives he blesses himself (For [men] will praise you when you do well for yourself),
49:19. He shall go to the generation of his fathers; They shall never see light.
49:20. A man [who is] in honor, yet does not understand, Is like the beasts [that] perish.

✝️ STUDY: The life of a man does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. The vain glories of earthly wealth and riches have no eternal value - they expire within a specified time. Riches cannot ransom our souls; they will never offer our souls eternal life or grant us immortality ofbody. The redemption price of the soul is too high to be paid by corruptible things; it is more valuable than all the world (Mark 8: 36). The blood of Jesus alone redeems a soul.<br /> We must not set our hope on uncertain riches. When the wicked man flourishes, do not envy him - he is damned already (Psa. 92: 7); godliness with contentment is great gain. No rich man is buried with stolen money, lands acquired by fraud, houses in various cities, ill-gotten wealth and blood money. As a mere breath, man fizzles out suddenly; he cannot abide in his pomp as his glory vanishes. The lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, pride of life and love for this world are vanities - we must not be entangled with them. Empty we came to this world, empty we must leave; this calls for wisdom. Put the totality of your trust in God; He will provide all your needs.

✝️🙏PRAYER: Dear Lord, please teach me to number my days that I may get a heart of wisdom in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:49am On Apr 22

*DATE:* MONDAY, 22ND APRIL, 2024 *THEME:* JESUS CHRIST IS OUR ETERNAL LIFE

*TEXT:* 1 JOHN 5: 6-13 (NKJV)

5:6. This is He who came by water and blood -- Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.
5:7. For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
5:8. And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.
5:9. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of God which He has testified of His Son.
5:10. He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son.
5:11. And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
5:12. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
5:13. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may [continue to] believe in the name of the Son of God.

Eternal life cannot be duplicated or got from any earthly creature. In our earthly pilgrimage, when we replace the Christ-like life with a Christ-less life, we become lifeless. When this happens, we have the name of being alive but are really dead (Rev. 3: 1b). Jesus has life in Himself as the Originator of life, hence, only He can impart eternal life to another. “In Him was life and the life was the light of men“ (John 1: 4). The testimony of God of His Son is very authentic and this is the testimony that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.

We must pause and think again: Secret societies, native doctors, occultism, protective charms, etc., have not offered any person eternal life, or even earthly life! Most men who involved in these lies have decayed in their graves today without hope of eternal life, and lost forever. Salvation is only in Jesus Christ our Saviour and now is the day of salvation. In our today's text, John writes to us who believe in the name of the Son of God to know that we have eternal life and real assurance of salvation. Hence, there is no condemnation for us; we are freed from the law of sin and death. And as new creation, resurrection of our body is assured for Jesus has become our righteousness redemption. We must fight the good fight of faith and take hold of eternal life so that when Christ who is our life appears, we will appear with Him in glory.

God, please help me to take hold of eternal life in Jesus' name. _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"I have chosen the poor to be rich in faith and heirs of My kingdom."_ *James 2: 5*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:41am On Apr 23
Date: 2024-April -23

🎯 TOPIC: KEEP YOURSELVES FROM SIN

✝️ TEXT: 1 John 5: 14-21(NKJV)
5:14. Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
5:15. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
5:16. If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin [which does] not [lead] to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not [leading] to death. There is sin [leading] to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.
5:17. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not [leading] to death.
5:18. We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.
5:19. We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies [under the sway of] the wicked one.
5:20. And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
5:21. Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

✝️ STUDY: Sin is the worst spiritual poison which destroys the soul; it is a great danger to eternal life. Never seek after any kind of sin for all unrighteousness is sin. God's verdict is simple: The soul that sins shall die (Ezek. 18: 4). The words of God are the only principles that will guide our earthly pilgrimage and once disobeyed, the consequences are detrimental. Anyone born of God does not sin; he that commits sins is of the devil. However, ifa child of God sins, he must confess the sin and repent, Jesus is the last sacrifice for sins (Heb.10: 26-27).<br /> Sin is transgression of the law; this includes moral, religious and national rebellion, revolt, evil tendencies, unrighteous deeds, sinful propensities, wickedness, moral decadence, corruption, prostitution, spiritual harlotry, religious syncretism and defilement of the body. We must bear the fruits that befit our repentance because faith without works is dead; he that calls upon the name of God must depart from iniquity (2 Tim.2: 19). Besetting sins are dangerous little foxes that spoil the vine; if we do not let them go, they will find us out on the judgment day. We must not continue in sins that grace abound.

✝️ PRAYER: God, in your mercy, deliver us from all evils in Jesus' Name. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? / I Found This Today. Why Is This So? / Why does everyone hate the Apostle Paul?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 330
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.