Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,885 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

I Found This Today. Why Is This So? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Found This Today. Why Is This So? (3584 Views)

What God Did When I Found Myself In A Den Of Cultists In Port Harcourt / Double Standards In The World Today. Why Muslims Must Resist / You Did Not Go To Church Today Why?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 5:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
I found this empty cigarette pack on the floor today. It clearly states a warning about smoking. It shows the difference between the lungs of a smoker and a non smoker.

My question is this: Why do people still ignore this warning and smoke? And why do cigarette companies still, with this knowledge sell cigarettes?

1 Share

Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 05, 2022
Rhetorical question bro
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by advanceDNA: 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2022
Hismasterpiece:
I found this empty cigarette pack on the floor today. It clearly states a warning about smoking. It shows the difference between the lungs of a smoker and a non smoker.

My question is this: Why do people still ignore this warning and smoke? And why do cigarette companies still, with this knowledge sell cigarettes?

Everything we consume technically destroys us one way or another....some just destroys faster than the other...
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by CDCEO001: 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2022
This is a question we have asked over 20yrs ago. Just think about it and you will get your own answer.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by youngmd: 5:39pm On Oct 05, 2022
Market
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2022
Something must kill man, whether you smoke or not...

Aboki abeg pass me one Benson switch make I use the menthol calm my nerves

1 Like

Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by LordReed(m): 5:47pm On Oct 05, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Because the damage doesn't occur all at once so smokers can enjoy their smokes for quite awhile before they see any adverse effects. Some may never see any adverse effects at all. For them it's worth the risk to continue to enjoy their smokes.

This is normal human behaviour, we weigh the pros and cons and do what we think is worth the risk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:00pm On Oct 05, 2022
advanceDNA:

Everything we consume technically destroys us one way or another....some just destroys faster than the other...

LOL.. So clean water destroys us? Haba na
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:00pm On Oct 05, 2022
CDCEO001:
This is a question we have asked over 20yrs ago. Just think about it and you will get your own answer.

What's your own answer?
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2022
LordReed:

Because the damage doesn't occur all at once so smokers can enjoy their smokes for quite awhile before they see any adverse effects. Some may never see any adverse effects at all. For them it's worth the risk to continue to enjoy their smokes.

This is normal human behaviour, we weigh the pros and cons and do what we think is worth the risk.

So cancer is worth the risk? I don't believe smokers are 8n their right senses.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by advanceDNA: 6:04pm On Oct 05, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Which clean water?? Dey decieve yourself...do you live by the spring?? Or ur drink rain water direct from the sky??

Wait....na all this cancer causing chemical wey dem use use clean your water u dey call clean....na water wey carbonmonoxide and SO2 don dissolve inside u dey call clean water...?? Well done...

Even oxygen...burns you from the inside because oxygen is the foundation for development of most free radicals

2 Likes

Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Epositive(m): 6:38pm On Oct 05, 2022
It's because the patients with smoke-induced illnesses are not common. Personally, I don't know anyone who is sick or has died as a result of smoking. But I know a lot of smokers, including old papas.

Perhaps, if the adverse effects are obvious and common like Malaria, Typhoid and the likes, the rate of smoking might reduce. For now, the warning will remain useless and inconsequential like the "No Parking" signpost. grin
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by LordReed(m): 7:48pm On Oct 05, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

So cancer is worth the risk? I don't believe smokers are 8n their right senses.

Do you know how many things you currently do that increase your risk of cancer?
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by xtivin2: 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Op you should be asking why are they still producing it when they know it is dangerous? undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Maynmann: 8:59pm On Oct 05, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

“Clean water” contains alot of things.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Maynmann: 8:59pm On Oct 05, 2022
xtivin2:

Op you should be asking why are they still producing it when they know it is dangerous? undecided undecided undecided

Capitalism.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by xtivin2: 9:05pm On Oct 05, 2022
Maynmann:

Capitalism.
U see, two way fault.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Maynmann: 9:06pm On Oct 05, 2022
xtivin2:

U see, two way fault.

Most of these cigarettes companies pays the highest tax and keeps the economy running.
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by xtivin2: 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
Maynmann:

Most of these cigarettes companies pays the highest tax and keeps the economy running.
To the detriment of People's health. I think that stuff is just something like a disclaimer, because morally if you say something kills then you should stop producing it abi
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:43am On Oct 06, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Because they love death!
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by LordReed(m): 8:35am On Oct 06, 2022
xtivin2:

To the detriment of People's health. I think that stuff is just something like a disclaimer, because morally if you say something kills then you should stop producing it abi

Sugar kills in much the same vein, should we outlaw it or consider it morally wrong to produce it?
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:41pm On Oct 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Because they love death!

Doesn't the prospect of death scare them tho?
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:42pm On Oct 10, 2022
Maynmann:

“Clean water” contains alot of things.

Ah ah.. even eva water? mr v? what things do they contain?
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:43pm On Oct 10, 2022
xtivin2:

Read again... That's what i asked
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Maynmann: 10:43pm On Oct 10, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Ah ah.. even eva water? mr v? what things do they contain?

Firstly, all “bottle water” are distilled water.
Look up effects of distilled water.

This water are purified, what do they use to purify and remove impurities?
They also have to keep the acidity and alkalinity balance in the eva and mr v water lol.

1 Like

Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:44pm On Oct 10, 2022
LordReed:

Do you know how many things you currently do that increase your risk of cancer?

Please enlighten me sir
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:46pm On Oct 10, 2022
advanceDNA:

Which clean water?? Dey decieve yourself...do you live by the spring?? Or ur drink rain water direct from the sky??

Wait....na all this cancer causing chemical wey dem use use clean your water u dey call clean....na water wey carbonmonoxide and SO2 don dissolve inside u dey call clean water...?? Well done...

Even oxygen...burns you from the inside because oxygen is the foundation for development of most free radicals

Lol... all you conspiracy theorists.. as if you sef no dey drink the same water... lol
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:49pm On Oct 10, 2022
Maynmann:

Firstly, all “bottle water” are distilled water.
Look up effects of distilled water.

This water are purified, what do they use to purify and remove impurities?
They also have to keep the acidity and alkalinity balance in the eva and mr v water lol.

My question be say una no dey still drink the water?
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Maynmann: 10:50pm On Oct 10, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

My question be say una no dey still drink the water?
“Everything we consume technically destroys us one way or another....some just destroys faster than the other...“
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by advanceDNA: 10:55pm On Oct 10, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Lol... all you conspiracy theorists.. as if you sef no dey drink the same water... lol

Please go study basic chemistry and common carcinogens .....

Conspiracy theory koo, objective niii

1 Like

Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:56pm On Oct 10, 2022
Maynmann:

“Everything we consume technically destroys us one way or another....some just destroys faster than the other...“

Fear is an open door bro.. it will kill you because you r afraid it will
Re: I Found This Today. Why Is This So? by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:57pm On Oct 10, 2022
advanceDNA:

Please go study basic chemistry and common carcinogens .....

Conspiracy theory koo, objective niii

Okay na.. stop drinking clean water and go and be drinking water from a river or tap and see which will kill you faster

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Reasons You Should Pay Your Tithe. / Is This True About T. B Joshua? / How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.