Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State (39055 Views)

Fire Breaks Out During Wedding Reception In Lagos (video/photos) / Bridegroom Slumps At Wedding Reception, Dies In Ebonyi / MC Tom Dancing During Wedding Ceremony (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by dnawah(m): 12:40pm On Jan 01
money121:
Nigerian Man Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State Over Too Much Billing

There was a mild drama as bridegroom escaped through the bush out of engagement ceremony in Imo State due to extortion.

According to Igwe Chibueze Ogadimma who shared the post, he paid N1,500,000 to cater for food, tents, chairs and a public address system.

He was also made to set aside N100,000 as the bride price that the two families had agreed on.

Biobelemoye David was asked to add N50,000 to the bride price because he had already impregnated the girl.

He was slapped with a N10,000 fine for making a detour to the wrong path and ending up in a different homestead other than the girl's.

He was also asked to pay N15,000 to appease the elders who had become tired of waiting for his arrival.

Drama however ensued when twelve girls covered in loose robes from head to toe were paraded before Biobelemoye David and he was asked to guess who his fiancΓ©e was.

He pointed at the wrong woman and that led to yet another fine of N15,000.

The decisive moment specifically was when the elders demanded for a refund of the total sum of N850,000 to repair the father's old car that knocked engine

Fuming with anger which he tried his best to hide, Biobelemoye David excused himself to visit a nearby bush to urinate and disappeared!

He switched off his phone and was last seen at a driving heading to Bayelsa State from Imo

SOURCE: https://gistmeloveblog.com/nigerian-man-escapes-through-the-bush-during-wedding-ceremony-in-imo-state-over-too-much-billing/

old story
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Ruuchiinaa: 12:43pm On Jan 01
I thought the bride price/traditional marriage of Akwa-Ibom is the most expensive in Nigeria. Have I been wrong all along?

guru90:
Especially, Mbaise.... check very well u gonna see so many 40 to 45 years women that never marry.......

because of their expensive bride price...

Please them get different V.... abi no be the same V... Abi their V. na gold......

Abeg..
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by EbenezerTriumph: 12:48pm On Jan 01
Kingosytex:
Everything is monetized in Imo. There was a time I do visit Owerri almost on weekly basis, you can't imagine that the village youths do block a certain part of the road that the motorists do take.
They block the road and start collecting money.
same here too same imo state and they obtained money from passers-by

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Truvelisback(m): 12:51pm On Jan 01
Na Bribe Price kill am. E reach to run grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Boldideas: 12:54pm On Jan 01
My ribsπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ The greatest news of 2024...πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ If she likes, make she dey the house... Ahahahahahah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by NomzyJust(m): 12:55pm On Jan 01
Switched off phone and was also last seen. How na? The story is not adding up. Probably fiction.
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Babaken(m): 12:55pm On Jan 01
Johnycastro18:
" Drama however ensued when twelve girls covered in loose robes from head to toe were paraded before Biobelemoye David and he was asked to guess who his fiancΓ©e was "

"He pointed at the wrong woman and that led to yet another fine of N15,000" grin

Wow.....
See strategy to cash out using the groom.

Well, If nah me I go escape too grin
I no go pass any bush I will tell them there I no do again I will enter car right in front of them I leave what a nonsense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by olisaokere(m): 1:09pm On Jan 01
money121:
Nigerian Man Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State Over Too Much Billing

There was a mild drama as bridegroom escaped through the bush out of engagement ceremony in Imo State due to extortion.

According to Igwe Chibueze Ogadimma who shared the post, he paid N1,500,000 to cater for food, tents, chairs and a public address system.

He was also made to set aside N100,000 as the bride price that the two families had agreed on.

Biobelemoye David was asked to add N50,000 to the bride price because he had already impregnated the girl.

He was slapped with a N10,000 fine for making a detour to the wrong path and ending up in a different homestead other than the girl's.

He was also asked to pay N15,000 to appease the elders who had become tired of waiting for his arrival.

Drama however ensued when twelve girls covered in loose robes from head to toe were paraded before Biobelemoye David and he was asked to guess who his fiancΓ©e was.

He pointed at the wrong woman and that led to yet another fine of N15,000.

The decisive moment specifically was when the elders demanded for a refund of the total sum of N850,000 to repair the father's old car that knocked engine

Fuming with anger which he tried his best to hide, Biobelemoye David excused himself to visit a nearby bush to urinate and disappeared!

He switched off his phone and was last seen at a driving heading to Bayelsa State from Imo

SOURCE: https://gistmeloveblog.com/nigerian-man-escapes-through-the-bush-during-wedding-ceremony-in-imo-state-over-too-much-billing/

This is not true.
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Typing: 1:11pm On Jan 01
SoNature:

I would have taken you seriously if I haven't been to lots of places in the South West.

I dey Aba like this and it is common here. It is worst in Imo, Enugu and Anambra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Pepsi2015: 1:12pm On Jan 01
michlins:
Mehn.

This one no be men mount again.

Men took cover.

But the the father of the bride be mugu. Most times,they determine what goes during their daughter's wedding

Maybe the father of the bride don chop other people own.. so him turn don reach

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by rollywise(m): 1:13pm On Jan 01
The guy messed up big time even dating such girl. My marriage, it was my girl that stood to ensure no much billings as she already told them her hubby to be is not Wizkid financially. Marriage expenses was shared between my family and her family. The elders even missed some items on the bride price list and called me to get them on the morning of our traditional wedding, I told them it's too late and it's not my fault that they didn't include that before. My mother in-law stood by me and asked them to scrap that off the list since it wasn't my fault. Na ever do pass yourself. Now all the money this one has spent is lost. Thank God the girl is already pregnant πŸ˜‚. That's his compensation πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Dhury: 1:16pm On Jan 01
Nice let them marry their daughter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Osanoghodua1: 1:25pm On Jan 01
Bad culture rejoices over unmarried bachelors and Spinsers. Soon these exploitative traditions will be reviewed.
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 1:32pm On Jan 01
Zico5:
They want to destroy his life because of marriage. You better go and marry a yoruba girl. That one will save u a lot of stress and money

I will overlook your stew peadity sha.

So, you already believe this recycled news in different form.

I can tell you for free, I have seen countless men marry from Imo State with less than #500k, some no pass #200k/#300k. Not to talk of other parts of Igboland.

I have a friend that spent over #5m for his marriage to a Yoruba lady.

So, what is your point exactly?

1 Like

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by maxiuc(m): 1:35pm On Jan 01
Am from imo state abeg ooooo where una dey see all this families to marry from
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by godofuck231: 1:51pm On Jan 01
tutudesz:
N850,000 to repair the father's old car that knocked engine lipsrsealed
Brothers from Imo Abeg O! Na so una dey do Na Imo I dey go March end O shocked
then wan kill the guy destiny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by djon78(m): 1:51pm On Jan 01
Lol the day I followed a friend for his traditional marriage in IMO state

I vex that day
A point came I entered my car and drove home
I didn't eat anything

My guy came to my car as I was leaving begging me to wait

He was so patient with the in laws
That's Love for his woman

If you see Billings

He had spent over half a million
This was 2014

A growing up young man

This people were not satisfied

What got me angry was with all these spending

The umunna said the guy should pay another 80000 before they go agree

I was livid and mad

After experiencing that
I saw that na dash we dash our own daughter's
For my place in Anambra

Anyway the guy later told me they settled and finalized

And they came all the way from Ebonyi state that day
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by djon78(m): 1:54pm On Jan 01
Ruuchiinaa:
I thought the bride price/traditional marriage of Akwa-Ibom is the most expensive in Nigeria. Have I been wrong all along?

Throway cap for IMO state

Na them be the highest

Especially Mbaise side
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Mom007(f): 1:54pm On Jan 01
madridguy:

grin grin grin

That part off me mehn grin shey na him knock the engine ni? The guy will be like, whenever she is ready, she should meet me at home. He don kuku marry her finish. All the rest na format.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by tutudesz: 1:55pm On Jan 01
godofuck231:
then wan kill the guy destiny
Oboy fear they catch me O! I just hope my Father In law will go easy on me

1 Like

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by richie240: 1:56pm On Jan 01
Johnycastro18:
" Drama however ensued when twelve girls covered in loose robes from head to toe were paraded before Biobelemoye David and he was asked to guess who his fiancΓ©e was "

"He pointed at the wrong woman and that led to yet another fine of N15,000" grin

Wow.....
See strategy to cash out using the groom.

Well, If nah me I go escape too grin
You'll be surprised that none of the 12 girls contain the bride, so 15k x 12 = 180k otilo!
grin grin
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by djon78(m): 1:57pm On Jan 01
Pepsi2015:

Maybe the father of the bride don chop other people own.. so him turn don reach

Lol he won't understand

The umunna go warn the father make him no put mouth

He ate other people's daughter's own

Except where the father is prominent among his kinsmen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by osothermal(m): 1:59pm On Jan 01
You intended to marry witches and wizards , I married from Owerri I didn't pay up to 200k for everything
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Starz825(m): 2:00pm On Jan 01
chidiakwari:
Cheap man. He couldn’t stand marrying from the best place in the world.

Igbo women are not cheap.
dey play

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Jesubaby: 2:05pm On Jan 01
No be their daughter them do? He good for them. Conscience kpo fa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Yusufisraelj(m): 2:12pm On Jan 01
money121:
All is well

Otilor grin grin

Omo no be small, see yeye billing, madness.
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Fearyourcreator: 2:51pm On Jan 01
Kingosytex:
Everything is monetized in Imo. There was a time I do visit Owerri almost on weekly basis, you can't imagine that the village youths do block a certain part of the road that the motorists do take.
They block the road and start collecting money.
Lolzzzz
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Zico5(m): 2:52pm On Jan 01
CatchMeIfUCanMO:

I will overlook your stew peadity sha.

So, you already believe this recycled news in different form.

I can tell you for free, I have seen countless men marry from Imo State with less than #500k, some no pass #200k/#300k. Not to talk of other parts of Igboland.

I have a friend that spent over #5m for his marriage to a Yoruba lady.

So, what is your point exactly?
5m for yoruba lady. You don't even know how to lie again. Maybe ur friend scam u big time. Thank God many Yoruba are here to refute ur claim. You better find something better to do with ur life this 2024 than telling lies. You may end up the same way u were last year. Yoruba dont spend money to marry. Pele so gbo.

1 Like

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Austineva(m): 3:08pm On Jan 01
grin grin grin grin
Wahala galore
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by skywalker240(m): 3:25pm On Jan 01
A very wise and bold decision
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Hamilton1(m): 3:30pm On Jan 01
Typing:

I dey Aba like this and it is common here. It is worst in Imo, Enugu and Anambra.
No de mention Anambra here, know what you are saying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Man Dressed Up As Used Sanitary Pad For Halloween οΏ½ / LASTMA Officer Marries Another LASTMA Officer In Style (Photos, Video) / Imagine The Cake They Made For This Woman's 40th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.