Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State (39130 Views)

Fire Breaks Out During Wedding Reception In Lagos (video/photos) / Bridegroom Slumps At Wedding Reception, Dies In Ebonyi / MC Tom Dancing During Wedding Ceremony (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by skywalker240(m): 3:37pm On Jan 01
michlins:
Mehn.

This one no be men mount again.

Men took cover.

But the the father of the bride be mugu. Most times,they determine what goes during their daughter's wedding
The Father must have eaten from the excessive loots of his kinsmen when they married out their daughters, now it's his turn to remit his loots

Na ibo i marry, I know wetin my eyes see that day, sotey i tell my Papa say I no marry again, i fold walking stick, pull my cap and neck beads, use phone call my wife for where dem go hide am say i no do again

Naso people tell me say my wife begin cry grin

Ibo own too strong
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Whatisurproblem(m): 4:02pm On Jan 01
Ishilove:
I've read this same story in different variations over the years. Abeg give us fresh, genuine gist not all these fake recycled shít
when last did you feel good about anything?
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Dynamicboss: 4:38pm On Jan 01
grin grin

Won so pe otilo, e don go, won so pe otilo!!
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Solidkay(m): 4:44pm On Jan 01
tutudesz:
N850,000 to repair the father's old car that knocked engine lipsrsealed
Brothers from Imo Abeg O! Na so una dey do Na Imo I dey go March end O shocked
You might tell a different talent.
Best 👍💯of luck.
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Hollandia2030: 4:50pm On Jan 01
money121:
Nigerian Man Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State Over Too Much Billing

There was a mild drama as bridegroom escaped through the bush out of engagement ceremony in Imo State due to extortion.

According to Igwe Chibueze Ogadimma who shared the post, he paid N1,500,000 to cater for food, tents, chairs and a public address system.

He was also made to set aside N100,000 as the bride price that the two families had agreed on.

Biobelemoye David was asked to add N50,000 to the bride price because he had already impregnated the girl.

He was slapped with a N10,000 fine for making a detour to the wrong path and ending up in a different homestead other than the girl's.

He was also asked to pay N15,000 to appease the elders who had become tired of waiting for his arrival.

Drama however ensued when twelve girls covered in loose robes from head to toe were paraded before Biobelemoye David and he was asked to guess who his fiancée was.

He pointed at the wrong woman and that led to yet another fine of N15,000.

The decisive moment specifically was when the elders demanded for a refund of the total sum of N850,000 to repair the father's old car that knocked engine

Fuming with anger which he tried his best to hide, Biobelemoye David excused himself to visit a nearby bush to urinate and disappeared!

He switched off his phone and was last seen at a driving heading to Bayelsa State from Imo

SOURCE: https://gistmeloveblog.com/nigerian-man-escapes-through-the-bush-during-wedding-ceremony-in-imo-state-over-too-much-billing/

All that money for an expired kpekus😂
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by uche393: 4:50pm On Jan 01
this is a well fabricated story from those agbado munchers that only know how to impregnate girls an can't afford bride price of their fellow agbado munchers.

as far as bride prices is concerned in igboland, it's negotiable And most parents will tell you not to fulfill their own list.

the maximum list I've seen is 500k

you guys enjoy pushing false narratives here
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by sageb: 4:51pm On Jan 01
money121:
Nigerian Man Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State Over Too Much Billing

There was a mild drama as bridegroom escaped through the bush out of engagement ceremony in Imo State due to extortion.

According to Igwe Chibueze Ogadimma who shared the post, he paid N1,500,000 to cater for food, tents, chairs and a public address system.

He was also made to set aside N100,000 as the bride price that the two families had agreed on.

Biobelemoye David was asked to add N50,000 to the bride price because he had already impregnated the girl.

He was slapped with a N10,000 fine for making a detour to the wrong path and ending up in a different homestead other than the girl's.

He was also asked to pay N15,000 to appease the elders who had become tired of waiting for his arrival.

Drama however ensued when twelve girls covered in loose robes from head to toe were paraded before Biobelemoye David and he was asked to guess who his fiancée was.

The decisive moment specifically was when the elders demanded for a refund of the total sum of N850,000 to repair the father's old car that knocked engine

Fuming with anger which he tried his best to hide, Biobelemoye David excused himself to visit a nearby bush to urinate and disappeared!

He switched off his phone and was last seen at a driving heading to Bayelsa State from Imo

SOURCE: https://gistmeloveblog.com/nigerian-man-escapes-through-the-bush-during-wedding-ceremony-in-imo-state-over-too-much-billing/

old news, this event happened months ago.
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:02pm On Jan 01
It must be fake news. No names or community was mentioned for easy verification
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Testimony1988(m): 5:08pm On Jan 01
Hahahahah, but he should know Imo babes are expensive to marry.
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Blacklion3: 5:45pm On Jan 01
The guy no wann chest too much billing
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Typing: 5:45pm On Jan 01
Hamilton1:

No de mention Anambra here, know what you are saying

Anambra is worst. From Ihiala, Nnewi, Ebinato, Awka, Onitsha, Wka Etiti, Nauka, Otuocha, Nibo, oroukwu, Oba, Ebenebe, Ogidi etc.
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by whirlwind7(m): 5:53pm On Jan 01
Kingosytex:
Everything is monetized in Imo. There was a time I do visit Owerri almost on weekly basis, you can't imagine that the village youths do block a certain part of the road that the motorists do take.
They block the road and start collecting money.

Silly comparison.
Guys do this all over the country, especially in the south.
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Johnycastro18: 6:11pm On Jan 01
grin grin
richie240:

You'll be surprised that none of the 12 girls contain the bride, so 15k x 12 = 180k otilo!
grin grin
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by primeache: 6:14pm On Jan 01
Let him try Northern babe instead.
Na the girl family go buy bed, mattress, wardrobe, boxes filled with clothes etc for their daughter getting married.

quote author=Zico5 post=127725222]They want to destroy his life because of marriage. You better go and marry a yoruba girl. That one will save u a lot of stress and money[/quote]
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Agugbadin: 6:23pm On Jan 01
pdppower:
This is perhaps a fairy tale. Our people are not that wicked na. grin

They are extremely wicked.
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by pikechukwu6(m): 6:24pm On Jan 01
grin grin grin...I feel the pain
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Dpopsman123(m): 6:47pm On Jan 01
Lols..... Too much exhaustive spending ...
He tried though!
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by godofuck231: 7:02pm On Jan 01
tutudesz:

Oboy fear they catch me O! I just hope my Father In law will go easy on me
be aware , that your wedding should take place on the day of the intro, and what you might not know is that what 1.5m for cigarette can be negotiated but people don't know this , almost everything in igbo land is based on negotiation
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by eldoradoxx: 7:22pm On Jan 01
N850k to repair bride 's Father's car, i dont believe it.
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by kukoyi4adaugo: 7:24pm On Jan 01
hh...
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by dangotesmummy: 8:11pm On Jan 01
Johnycastro18:
" Drama however ensued when twelve girls covered in loose robes from head to toe were paraded before Biobelemoye David and he was asked to guess who his fiancée was "

"He pointed at the wrong woman and that led to yet another fine of N15,000" grin

Wow.....
See strategy to cash out using the groom.

Well, If nah me I go escape too grin
some bride's families especially in the east are alaseju.because your daughter wan marry is that an opportunity to extort the groom and suck him dry.though I don't support the groom running,he should just have stood up and say he couldn't pay more and if they insist he should stand up and tell his bride to follow him and if they refuse he should walk out.

Person say he wan marry you now see that as an avenue to milk him dry and if you check the people making ridiculous demands,their ₦1000 no dey inside the upbringing of the girl.

Assuming the groom walked out Na them go dey beg am but this running it reeks of cowardice even if he doesn't have.nigerians will just be using every opportunity to extort under the name of bride price later now the guy will start maltreating the wife and he will feel justified for doing so because they've reduced her into a property that they're buying.

Again some useless families are not considerate when demanding for ridiculous bride price that they themselves cannot afford.these are the things that make some men treat their wives badly and prevent her family from seeing her because they have seen as a property that they were negotiating like ponmo

1 Like

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by tutudesz: 8:34pm On Jan 01
godofuck231:
be aware , that your wedding should take place on the day of the intro, and what you might not know is that what 1.5m for cigarette can be negotiated but people don't know this , almost everything in igbo land is based on negotiation
Noted cool
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Jossibest(m): 9:01pm On Jan 01
Igbo people are very greedy
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Johnycastro18: 9:02pm On Jan 01
Those outrageous bride price in the east is truly not helping matters for there young men that intends to marry like you have said,

Its marriage, not selling of there daughters
dangotesmummy:
some bride's families especially in the east are alaseju.because your daughter wan marry is that an opportunity to extort the groom and suck him dry.though I don't support the groom running,he should just have stood up and say he couldn't pay more and if they insist he should stand up and tell his bride to follow him and if they refuse he should walk out.

Person say he wan marry you now see that as an avenue to milk him dry and if you check the people making ridiculous demands,their ₦1000 no dey inside the upbringing of the girl.

Assuming the groom walked out Na them go dey beg am but this running it reeks of cowardice even if he doesn't have.nigerians will just be using every opportunity to extort under the name of bride price later now the guy will start maltreating the wife and he will feel justified for doing so because they've reduced her into a property that they're buying.

Again some useless families are not considerate when demanding for ridiculous bride price that they themselves cannot afford.these are the things that make some men treat their wives badly and prevent her family from seeing her because they have seen as a property that they were negotiating like ponmo

1 Like

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by ti4c: 9:03pm On Jan 01
Lol. I want to pity men on this bride price issue but I don't😊. You men set the rules generations ago and for some wired reason are proud of it and still maintain it. I don't see why a woman should be bought in the name of bride price and tradition. It belittles the woman and objectifies her as a property to be paid for. And just because it's tradition doesn't make it right. But, both men and women from these cultures are proud of it, except me though.

money121:

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Countersam(m): 9:47pm On Jan 01
money121:

He didn't enquire well before trying to marry from Imo State. Their traditional marriage requirements are outrageous
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by dangotesmummy: 10:20pm On Jan 01
Johnycastro18:
Those outrageous bride price in the east is truly not helping matters for there young men that intends to marry like you have said,

Its marriage, not selling of there daughters
I think the brides should be talking to her family and warn them not to be greedy and unreasonable because this excessive bride price doesn't just ruin weddings,it ruins marriages too and it's the bride and not the greedy distant family members (that are always doing the most on weddings) that will suffer it

When she enters the marriage she won't even be able to make demanded because he will say "your people have collected all the money I should have used in taking care of you and our child or starting this buisness" and rightly so.

He might even blame her for allowing her family make him broke

1 Like

Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by BRAINCRASH(m): 10:33pm On Jan 01
madridguy:

grin grin grin
na this one pain me pass.
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Emdebby2: 11:44pm On Jan 01
I cannot stop laughing in Swahili 😂
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Carot: 12:21am On Jan 02
Ishilove:
I've read this same story in different variations over the years. Abeg give us fresh, genuine gist not all these fake recycled shít
how much is your bride price make I pay sharpsharp?
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by Carot: 12:24am On Jan 02
skywalker240:

The Father must have eaten from the excessive loots of his kinsmen when they married out their daughters, now it's his turn to remit his loots

Na ibo i marry, I know wetin my eyes see that day, sotey i tell my Papa say I no marry again, i fold walking stick, pull my cap and neck beads, use phone call my wife for where dem go hide am say i no do again

Naso people tell me say my wife begin cry grin

Ibo own too strong
na virgin you marry?
Re: Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State by prophetfire: 12:47am On Jan 02
money121:

FAKE STORY. LIES. IT'S EVEN SOUNDING STALE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of Groomsman Crying During His Friend's Wedding / Uganda's Bebe Cool Outshines D'banj At Zimbabwe Beer Festival / Happy Birthday To Us Pweetylivia And Rosalieene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.