Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,047 members, 7,835,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA (1212 Views)

I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me / What's The Weirdest Thing You Have Ever Done To Collect Money From Your Parents? / Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by VanDerWaalforces: 8:17pm On Jan 01
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 8:29pm On Jan 01
VanDerWaalforces:
Permit me to ask pls, do people from the same village marry in Abia State. You siad your mum and dad are from the same village. That's strange to me

Yes from the same village/ community. I don't know why it's strange to you though. Normal thing.

The distance between my Mom and Dads village is like from yaba market to yabatech bustop. That's if you're very conversant with Yaba environs.. Its a walking distance.
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by VanDerWaalforces: 8:35pm On Jan 01
Hmmmm! Okay ooo. I'm from Enugu state and to the best of my knowledge, we don't marry from the Same community or village. It's fine Shia
Jewessgratitud3:

Yes from the same village/ community. I don't know why it's strange to you though. Normal thing.

The distance between my Mom and Dads village is like from yaba market to yabatech bustop. That's if you're very conversant with Yaba environs.. Its a walking distance.

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 8:41pm On Jan 01
VanDerWaalforces:
Hmmmm! Okay ooo. I'm from Enugu state and to the best of my knowledge, we don't marry from the Same community or village. It's fine Shia

Why? Is it a taboo in your place?
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by VanDerWaalforces: 8:45pm On Jan 01
I think so. Even those that befriend themselves do that codedely. I have never seen marriage hapen between members of the same village or community
Jewessgratitud3:

Why? Is it a taboo in your place?
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 9:40pm On Jan 01
VanDerWaalforces:
I think so. Even those that befriend themselves do that codedely. I have never seen marriage hapen between members of the same village or community

Ah.. this one strong o.
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by hakeemhakeem(m): 11:04pm On Jan 01
Jewessgratitud3:

20k sound you like big money for ear abi? No go hustle you hear?

It's wouldn't big na (ko po leti ole)

1 Like

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Emmanuel30a: 9:54am On Jan 02
Jewessgratitud3:

As in crayfish now?
Human beings no get value for una place abi?
How much would you sells yourself to me &or for me? Did you wants to sells yourself to me or for me...? Yes, for me...?
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Emmanuel30a: 9:55am On Jan 02
hakeemhakeem:

Abi o, omo ole...?...
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 10:05am On Jan 02
hakeemhakeem:

Emmanuel30a:
Abi o, omo ole...?...

I can't blame you two because you don't value tradition in your place that is why your women would cheat under your roof and nothing go happen to them while you go on living a cursed life.

You think I have time to explain anything to lawless people who all they know is impregnate a woman and the next thing carry nylon bag go man house, marriage don start be that and if that one no favor them they keep remarrying untill they grow grey.

That is why your women marry ten husbands in their lifetime. No tradition, no culture.

Tue!
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Emmanuel30a: 10:14am On Jan 02
Jewessgratitud3:

I can't blame you two because you don't value tradition in your place that is why your women would cheat under your roof and nothing go happen to them while you go on living a cursed life.

You think I have time to explain anything to lawless people who all they know is impregnate a woman and the next thing carry nylon bag go man house, marriage don start be that and if that one no favor them they keep remarrying untill they grow grey.

That is why your women marry ten husbands in their lifetime. No tradition, no culture.

Tue!
Atleast, I haven't impregnates you... Would you join...the list? Are you on a que or on the que...? The que for barbeque...? Jewessgratitude, let me marries you-jokes apart? I won't sleeps with you... We would just be talking, hawking and walking/working... Yes! Would you 'cheats' or otherwise known as commits adultery and or extra-marital affairs...?...
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 10:20am On Jan 02
Emmanuel30a:
Atleast, I haven't impregnates you... Would you join...the list? Are you on a que or on the que...? The que for barbeque...? Jewessgratitude, let me marries you-jokes apart? I won't sleeps with you... We would just be talking, hawking and walking/working... Yes! Would you 'cheats' or otherwise knows commits adultery and or extra-marital affairs...?...

Abeg carry this your nonsense English commot for here!

Go and meet Sukurat alagbo. Na two of una e go fit.
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Emmanuel30a: 10:22am On Jan 02
Jewessgratitud3:

Abeg carry this your nonsense English commot for here!
Go and meet Sukurat alagbo. Na two of una e go fit.

No! It's you I wants... How much...?
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by fineboynl(m): 10:58am On Jan 02
I think igbos are better left marrying themselves.

Most other tribe don’t fancy marrying igbos
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 12:08pm On Jan 02
fineboynl:
I think igbos are better left marrying themselves.

Most other tribe don’t fancy marrying igbos

We no kuku beg you before. Na una begin chook head for Igbo tribe say if no be Igbo, una no go rest.

The fine fine pickin alone wey we dey give una reach to rush us tongue. LoL...
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by fineboynl(m): 12:19pm On Jan 02
Jewessgratitud3:

We no kuku beg you before. Na una begin chook head for Igbo tribe say if no be Igbo, una no go rest.

The fine fine pickin alone wey we dey give una reach to rush us tongue. LoL...

the igbo tribe and culture as been so monetized. It kill genuine spirit and all others things that come with it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:29pm On Jan 02
Jewessgratitud3:

Tue!

I don't time for your ranting
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 12:36pm On Jan 02
fineboynl:
the igbo tribe and culture as been so monetized. It kill genuine spirit and all others things that come with it.

Which other genuine intent that comes with it if not to go and use their daughter to raise a generation for yourself? Is that not worth appreciating the family who helped you raised a beautiful and fertile woman who would help you accomplish that task?

You people don't know the value of certain things in life and where value is not known, abuse is inevitable. People only appreciate and protect valuable things or people of inestimable value.

Got that? If you don't get it, forget abourit.
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by macho44(m): 11:35pm On Jan 06
Jewessgratitud3:
My younger sisters fiance went to collect list this December. So before he traveled he asked us to describe how to locate our place or who to call to take him to my father's compound..

My uncle is late but his son's came in for Christmas so we said they'd be around that he should go to them. I no longer have any of their contacts after my old phone packed up. So I couldn't help him with anyones contact. The guy just bravely entered road with the directions we gave him to my maternal grandfathers compound where my uncle ( my mother's only brother )now occupies and he got there 4 days ago and met my uncle who now directed him to my father's compound. ( My Mom and Dad are from the same village.

My uncle was able to get my contact from my sister's finance and then called me yesterday. I asked him if the guy was able to collect the list, he said Yes. He now said they gave it to him at 20k shocked shocked... I say shooo.. is it not too much.. he said he doesn't know and I asked him but your daughter is married now. how much did you charge the man for the list, he now explained that the daughter married a man from our place and they don't usually collect this fees from the son of the soil that it's only outsiders they charge. My sister's finance is from cross River but he speaks Igbo you would think he's a full blooded Igbo guy.

The last time one of my sister's husbands collected list, it was 2k. That was around 2009.
I wonder what the list would look like. Wiil update sha if I see the list.

I'm coming for yours. Your Love Is Looking For My Trouble

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by macho44(m): 11:37pm On Jan 06
Emmanuel30a:
No! It's you I wants... How much...?
Person wey I don small thing for her head? Comrade Haba!
I get hot temper ooo😁
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by macho44(m): 11:38pm On Jan 06
macho44:

Person wey I don do small thing for her head? Comrade Haba!
I get hot temper ooo😁

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need Info 4 Introduction / I'd Tell Mom But Not Dad? / A Tiny Girl In A Big, Big, World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.