Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA (1195 Views)

I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me / What's The Weirdest Thing You Have Ever Done To Collect Money From Your Parents? / Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 12:37pm On Jan 01
My younger sisters fiance went to collect list this December. So before he traveled he asked us to describe how to locate our place or who to call to take him to my father's compound..

My uncle is late but his son's came in for Christmas so we said they'd be around that he should go to them. I no longer have any of their contacts after my old phone packed up. So I couldn't help him with anyones contact. The guy just bravely entered road with the directions we gave him to my maternal grandfathers compound where my uncle ( my mother's only brother )now occupies and he got there 4 days ago and met my uncle who now directed him to my father's compound. ( My Mom and Dad are from the same village.

My uncle was able to get my contact from my sister's finance and then called me yesterday. I asked him if the guy was able to collect the list, he said Yes. He now said they gave it to him at 20k shocked shocked... I say shooo.. is it not too much.. he said he doesn't know and I asked him but your daughter is married now. how much did you charge the man for the list, he now explained that the daughter married a man from our place and they don't usually collect this fees from the son of the soil that it's only outsiders they charge. My sister's finance is from cross River but he speaks Igbo you would think he's a full blooded Igbo guy.

The last time one of my sister's husbands collected list, it was 2k. That was around 2009.
I wonder what the list would look like. Wiil update sha if I see the list.

2 Likes

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by illicit(m): 12:41pm On Jan 01
Ask him how much last price

4 Likes

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by PlayMaker14: 12:43pm On Jan 01
Your potential brother in-law really looks serious in getting married to your sister...

If he paid that money without complaining to anyone about it, then it means he cherish and adore your sister.

Encourage him, it's quite outrageous, but as E nor complain, let him be.

Good luck.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 12:43pm On Jan 01
illicit:
Ask him how much last price

😂 😂.. na crayfish?
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 12:46pm On Jan 01
PlayMaker14:
Your potential brother in-law really looks serious in getting married to your sister...

If he paid that money without complaining to anyone about it, then it means he cherish and adore your sister.

Encourage him, it's quite outrageous, but as E nor complain, let it be.

Good luck.

Yeah. Hes really serious and ready. He paid the 20k for them to have released it to him. He couldn't even wait for us to finish sourcing for the number of who to call, we just heard he had arrived our villa grin. We were even scared for him because na that our side unknown gun men dey hot. We thank God for journey mercy.

We will definitely support him. for Lagos here all of us na padi. So him no get problem.
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by illicit(m): 12:49pm On Jan 01
Jewessgratitud3:

😂 😂.. na crayfish?

Too marry ibo girl cum dey fear me and I love dem

1 Like

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by dawnomike(m): 12:49pm On Jan 01
Jewessgratitud3:
My younger sisters fiance went to collect list this December. So before he traveled he asked us to describe how to locate our place or who to call to take him to my father's compound..

My uncle is late but his son's came in for Christmas so we said they'd be around that he should go to them. I no longer have any of their contacts after my old phone packed up. So I couldn't help him with anyones contact. The guy just bravely entered road with the directions we gave him to my maternal grandfathers compound where my uncle ( my mother's only brother )now occupies and he got there 4 days ago and met my uncle who now directed him to my father's compound. ( My Mom and Dad are from the same village.

My uncle was able to get my contact from my sister's finance and then called me yesterday. I asked him if the guy was able to collect the list, he said Yes. He now said they gave it to him at 20k shocked shocked... I say shooo.. is it not too much.. he said he doesn't know and I asked him but your daughter is married now. how much did you charge the man for the list, he now explained that the daughter married a man from our place, so they don't usually collect list fees, it's only from outsiders they collect this fees. My sister's finance is from cross River but he speaks Igbo you would think he's a full blooded Igbo guy.

The last time one of my sister's husbands collected list, it was 2k. That was around 2009.

Please, mention me once you post da list... grin

The title of this post is hereby renamed; 'Awaiting Da List'

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by lilvicky68(m): 12:51pm On Jan 01
Was the list framed with expensive glass?

1 Like

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 12:52pm On Jan 01
illicit:

Too marry ibo girl cum dey fear me and I love dem

If you see the one you love, all that won't matter to you. Na only once you go do am now besides not all Igbos do this .
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 12:52pm On Jan 01
dawnomike:
Please, mention me once you post da list... grin

The title of this post is hereby renamed; 'Awaiting Da List'

LoL... 😂.
Ok now.
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 12:53pm On Jan 01
lilvicky68:
Was the list framed with expensive glass?

20k sound you like big money for ear abi? No go hustle you hear?
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by lilvicky68(m): 12:56pm On Jan 01
Jewessgratitud3:

It's not about hustling it's about pricing
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 12:59pm On Jan 01
lilvicky68:

It's not about hustling it's about pricing

As in crayfish now?
Human beings no get value for una place abi?
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by illicit(m): 12:59pm On Jan 01
Jewessgratitud3:

If you see the one you love, all that won't matter to you. Na only once you go do am now besides not all Igbos do this .

Yeah sure, it's not d money tho

It's d idea

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Acidosis(m): 1:04pm On Jan 01
Is this how it is done now? Men collect list with money and without a formal Introduction?

2 Likes

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by lilvicky68(m): 1:06pm On Jan 01
Jewessgratitud3:

As in crayfish now?
Human beings no get value for una place abi?
If he doesn't price he will end up overspending. Well that's his choice
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by decatalyst(m): 1:26pm On Jan 01
I do not think it is ok to pay to collect "marriage rite list" at all.

I DO NOT LIKE THE IDEA! The woman may worth much more, but the idea is morally bankrupt.

A simple bottle of wine or basket of fruit should be enough.

When some people opin that marriage ceremony is a mini poverty alleviation scheme or project for some families, una go dey vex.

I hope you as a "modern" and understanding man will help that young man out and do all you can for him not to spend so much on these rites.

7 Likes

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Ororocelemi(m): 1:26pm On Jan 01
Abeg o, just to collect list #20k, so how much come be the materials needed in the list?

And my woman na from Abia o shocked

Jewessgratitud3:

My uncle was able to get my contact from my sister's finance and then called me yesterday. I asked him if the guy was able to collect the list, he said Yes. He now said they gave it to him at 20k shocked shocked... I say shooo.. is it not too much.. he said he doesn't know and I asked him but your daughter is married now. how much did you charge the man for the list, he now explained that the daughter married a man from our place, so they don't usually collect list fees, it's only from outsiders they collect this fees. My sister's finance is from cross River but he speaks Igbo you would think he's a full blooded Igbo guy.

1 Like

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 1:32pm On Jan 01
Ororocelemi:
Abeg o, just to collect list #20k, so how much come be the materials needed in the list?

And my woman na from Abia o shocked

😂
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 1:34pm On Jan 01
Acidosis:

Is this how it is done now? Men collect list with money and without a formal Introduction?

They've done that one here in Lagos since.
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 1:42pm On Jan 01
decatalyst:
I do not think it is ok to pay to collect "marriage rite list" at all.

I DO NOT LIKE THE IDEA! The woman may worth much more, but the idea is morally bankrupt.

A simple bottle of wine or basket of fruit should be enough.

When some people opin that marriage ceremony is a mini poverty alleviation scheme or project for some families, una go dey vex.

I hope you as a "modern" and understanding man will help that young man out and do all you can for him not to spend so much on these rites.

It's an age long tradition and this fee is not fixed by my immediate family. It's is done by the kins men. So it's not something your family has the autonomy to control or regulate. The entire kinsmen come together to to make such law and you can't argue with them.

1 Like

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by mariahAngel(f): 2:12pm On Jan 01
You people should not allow those village uncles sabotage your sister's forthcoming marriage sha, because not all of them mean well.
Most of them tend to have this (greedy) character of asking for more if you just give in to their demands.

You people should endeavor to find out how things are truly done (from trustworthy persons) if you can.

5 Likes

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Acidosis(m): 2:27pm On Jan 01
Jewessgratitud3:

They've done that one here in Lagos since.

I see... Nice 👍
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Silentgroper(m): 3:57pm On Jan 01
Ok.. I'm just really curious.. How much would it be if them wan collect list ontop your own head ... Judging by the fact that .................... You know ...

I'm just really curious, that's it...
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Fahvvy: 4:17pm On Jan 01
Jewessgratitud3:

It's not about the money sir, it's the idea behind it undecided...

I sha am happy for your sister, I think he's madly in love with your sister so try and make things easy for him, so some greedy kind men don't take advantage of him undecided...
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Godoverevery: 5:02pm On Jan 01
Silentgroper:
Ok.. I'm just really curious.. How much would it be if them wan collect list ontop your own head ... Judging by the fact that .................... You know ...

I'm just really curious, that's it...

They won't collect money oooooo.

Nah dem go even pay the person.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 5:16pm On Jan 01
Fahvvy:

It's not about the money sir, it's the idea behind it undecided...

I sha am happy for your sister, I think he's madly in love with your sister so try and make things easy for him, so some greedy kind men don't take advantage of him undecided...

The kinsmen have the final say here and it has always been like that. They are the ones giving you wife and not even my father has mouth to talk when they are talking so wetin I wan come do inside like this?

Even when my dad was alive, he didn't utter a word when the discussions were going on cos theyll ask him to keep quiet. It was his elder brother and the other kinsmen that did everything. My dad would have already told my in-laws, look it's not in my hands so when they get there they don't start expecting him to beg and them dey corporate when they reach there.

All this ones that families will be arguing and groom escaping through the bush doesn't happen in my place. They'll tell you, it's either you're ready or you go and come back. However you're not expected to do everything on the list because it believed that you don't finish paying a bride price at once but you must do some important ones.

So far, non of my in-laws have had to complain because they are always fully prepared whenever they are coming for us.

2 Likes

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by EmperorCaesar(m): 6:52pm On Jan 01
angry

Guess this thread is to inform us about something
If u weren't Igbo, I'd assume u wanna turn this place to an Igbo bashing thread where people start saying shit about your expensive wedding tradition

As u are, I'm thinking u created this for validation to make people revisit this "Igbo wedding list/wedding custom " topic thereby making the SE people brag about it

Either way, this info is useless, when I go wan marry Ginikachukwu, I go forget all this one enter Idemili...

Will continue my online war after I don marry my Igbo girl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by PlayMaker14: 6:54pm On Jan 01
Jewessgratitud3:

The kinsmen have the final say here and it has always been like that. They are the ones giving you wife and not even my father has mouth to talk when they are talking so wetin I wan come do inside like this?

Even when my dad was alive, he didn't utter a word when the discussions were going on cos theyll ask him to keep quiet. It was his elder brother and the other kinsmen that did everything. My dad would have already told my in-laws, look it's not in my hands so when they get there they don't start expecting him to beg and them dey corporate when they reach there.

All this ones that families will be arguing and groom escaping through the bush doesn't happen in my place. They'll tell you, it's either you're ready or you go and come back. However you're not expected to do everything on the list because it believed that you don't finish paying a bride price at once but you must do some important ones.

So far, non of my in-laws have had to complain because they are always fully prepared whenever they are coming for us.
Stop explaining or these people might spoil your mood.

Bless the thread with pictures of the TRAD. when that time comes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Jewessgratitud3: 7:16pm On Jan 01
PlayMaker14:
Stop explaining or these people might spoil your mood.

Bless the thread with pictures of the TRAD. when that time comes.

Thank you jare.
You know some people just like to argue everything even the ones they don't know the origin.

Will upload the trad pics if my in-law and his wife permit me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by Silentgroper(m): 7:19pm On Jan 01
Godoverevery:

They won't collect money oooooo.

Nah dem go even pay the person.

grin grin

Please....

Now my rib cages are hurting..
Re: SEE HOW MUCH IT IS TO COLLECT LIST NOW IN MY VILLAGE ABIA by VanDerWaalforces: 8:13pm On Jan 01
Permit me to ask pls, do people from the same village marry in Abia State. You siad your mum and dad are from the same village. That's strange to me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Would You Prefer; Children Or Wealth? / Pls Reply / Court Marriege In Nigeria With A Foreigner Any Idea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.