Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,248 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me (44587 Views)

Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? / Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Mandem12: 8:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
I had to open a new account for this, pardon me for Punctuation errors. I have to go straight to the point so as not to bore you... My story goes thus

I'm a young man of 25. I met this very beautiful girl, aged 23 now, we've dated 4 years now. She's so humble, the love grew out of nowhere. She does everything a woman would do for a man and I do everything a man will do for a woman.

I found myself not doing anything without her and she cannot do anything without involving me, we actually love each other very much.

She started pestering me to have a blood oath with her because she was scared I would leave her. I laughed it off cos I knew I wouldn't cheat on her, she is everything I wanted in a woman.

Trouble started when I brought her home to meet my parents, I was actually happy that I had found my wife...

When she left, my father asked me where she was from, and I told him and my father told me I can't marry her because she was from the same village with me and thereby related by blood thereby marrying her is an abomination that she was my sister so to say and said our kinsmen would not be Involved if I insist on marrying her... I felt my world crumbling down like a pack of cards...

I told my girl and she was like, it's an old tradition and nobody will dictate to her who she would marry and she loves me and there was no going back...

As a man, I thought about it and wanted to let her go because I wouldn't want the stigma to be on us and my unborn kids... I showed her some attitude to make her hate me but she didn't, rather she would rather beg me not to leave her even when I'm at fault. I feel bad anytime I do anything to hurt her feelings...

Now, I actually want to get her pregnant and damn the consequences, do a court wedding if the need arises and relocate with her out from our state and start a new life elsewhere...

Another mind is telling me to let her go so we can move on with our lives, or even be a fugitive for her... I however know she will hurt herself if I leave her... I'm very confused about everything, I seriously need help... Why is Igbo tradition this way? I found love with this girl, now everything is about to be stripped away from me, just like that... I seriously need an advice please...

I love this girl so much and she make me happy

Please move this to front page so I can hear from others please...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by 72Morale: 9:06pm On Feb 21, 2020
No matter how stubborn and wise you think you are; Don't ever go against tradition and against your family wishes once it has to do with marriage.

Love isn't even one of the top 5 things to consider in marriage because it's just a self-deceptive word that does not contribute anything to a marriage.

382 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by tracyfemmmm: 9:07pm On Feb 21, 2020
Interesting story. People who know more than me come an advise oh.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by FlyingTOMATOE: 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2020
72Morale:
No matter how stubborn and wise you think you are; Don't ever go against tradition and your family.
sometimes you need to go against tradition in order to find your own joy

313 Likes 22 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by michlins(m): 9:34pm On Feb 21, 2020
FlyingTOMATOE:
sometimes you need to go against tradition in order to find your own joy
in this situation, you're told that she's literally your own sister. Where on Earth is incest okay. This is what happens when family don't communicate and tell their kids where their root starts and ends. If you like, pregnant her, she will still be your sister and it's not changing the fact that you can't marry her

174 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by benisaac67(m): 9:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
Hmmmmm don't dig your grave and bury yourself with your own hands

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by autofreak2020(m): 9:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
I would advise that you guys should go on and get married, that's not inbreeding since you are from same family.

It can lead to bad biological consequence only if she's from your family. For instance, if she's your step sister.

Go on and marry her if you still love her.

I am Abimbola, Lead Strategist at Kobobrand
. We help business owners with free business growth hacks.

10 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by MorataFC: 9:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
Hehehe cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by MorataFC: 9:59pm On Feb 21, 2020
72Morale:
No matter how stubborn and wise you think you are; Don't ever go against tradition and your family.
even if that tradition is against God?

31 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Slawormir: 9:59pm On Feb 21, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Be a real niggarrr and Marry that girl

Imagine
"When she left, my father asked me where she was from, and I told him and my father told me I can't marry her because she was from the same village with me "

See excuse!!!

So any body when come from same village with me na my sister or brother?
All this Igbo people ehnnn

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by adioolayi(m): 9:59pm On Feb 21, 2020
Go ahead and marry her....Just read the beautiful story of Samson and Delilah....Go ahead and marry against your parents wish...I am not saying you are not matured enough to make decisions, after all it's your home, your life.... but then what the elders see while sitting, children don't see even while on tree top.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by tobstarizhia(m): 9:59pm On Feb 21, 2020
Blood Oath? sorry, but is this 19th century Nri Kingdom?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by iCauseTrouble: 9:59pm On Feb 21, 2020
Will comment tomorrow morning. Feeling sleepy now

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by IkpuNneGi(m): 9:59pm On Feb 21, 2020
Try and see

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Frankyboy1(m): 10:00pm On Feb 21, 2020
Now listen! No body here can tell you what to do, the answer lies within,and would speak tru your convictions, there re marriages family disapproved of and succeeded and there re marriages families supported and failed, don't let no one define happiness for you, it is an old and archaic tradition still practised in my place, a village comprising of over two hundred kindred generations ago are still considered siblings, what rubbish! Then we all are brothers and sisters from the genealogy of Adam and eve! Check out those villages,most of them re codedly blowing themselves secretly,both knowingly and unknowingly, but hypocrisy says you can blow codedly but can't marry! My large village in an Igbo speaking area in delta state have that tradition, but guess what! Anytime I go home and feel funky, I blow them chicks indiscriminately, and when you done d girl tells you do you know bla bla bla bla bla, I just keep quiet, deep my mouth into d booby,and then blow again and again and again generously, what you don't believe can't harm you, fear is the mother of all evil, defeat it and rise above the stars!/oneove bro

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Clyod: 10:01pm On Feb 21, 2020
Super story

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 21, 2020
Who be this man
This nairaland ehn una questions go just Dey vex person.
Oya elope with her since you don’t want to have sense.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by sacx: 10:01pm On Feb 21, 2020
Quick question: Are you a yahoo boy? angry

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by JobsandSchools3: 10:01pm On Feb 21, 2020
Be careful
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Justdogood(m): 10:02pm On Feb 21, 2020
This is incest.

Are you guys mad ni?
What do you call love?

At your age you dont know you shouldn't shag your cousins even to the 6th generation cousins.
Not to talk of marrying one.
What is wrong with this generation?
Go to your holy books, which ever one you believe in Bible ooooo, koran ooooo, you will see it there.

See your mouth like I will damn the consequences.
Its not just consequences, its a curse. An abomination. A taboooo.
Imgine tell us you do all a man does for a woman for her.
Go for prayers as you have been sleeping with you distant cousin. Maybe 4th or 5th generation cousin.

Tuweeee.
Spits on kids of nowadays.

N.B.
For those of you quoting me down this topic.
Asking about adam and who he slept with.
Please then the population of the world was so small that GOD allowed them to sleep or marry eachother.
The same GOD said we shouldn't commit incest. After the world's population increased.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 21, 2020
It may be true since she's from your village, and your father is old enough to know if you people are related

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by datola: 10:02pm On Feb 21, 2020
Are you REALLY related?

If no, please go ahead with God on your side.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by babyfaceafrica: 10:02pm On Feb 21, 2020
Lol.. Pity this guy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2020
Interesting
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Christmasdon(m): 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2020
MY BROTHER I GOT YOUR POINTS AND OF COURSE WELL LAID.
MY BROTHER THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT YOU CANNOT MARRY HER.
GO AND SEARCH THE BODY MALFUNCTIONS FOR MARRYING YOUR 3RD AUNT. EVEN 13TH AUNT.
~YOU CAN'T MARRY HER.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by money121(m): 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2020
Ok
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by priscaoge(f): 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2020
When they tell Youths of this generation to know their root, Cultures and traditions they will insult you and call you archaic/ancient. My Dear incest is NEVER accepted anywhere even in the Bible. Trust me you won’t be able to handle the consequences. If truly you both are related by blood, don’t go ahead with that plan of yours because it will backfire.

People on this NL who doesn’t understand how related you both are or what your traditions are will tell you to damn the tradition and marry her. Remember they won’t be there tomorrow to bear the consequences with you. They have their sacred traditions they respect and uphold but will quickly thrash yours just to sound woke undecided

There’s a huge difference between CIVILIZATION and TRADITIONS. Some cultures and traditions are still powerful no matter how civilized or how religious the World is. Listen to the WORDS OF WISDOM, Listen to the WORDS OF THE ELDERS

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Perfecttouchade: 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2020
God will see u through

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent / 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady / Nigerian Mother Of Twins Welcomes Quadruplets, Shares Beautiful Family Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.