Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) (17126 Views)

Muric Demands For Hijab And Mosque Inside RCCG CAMP / Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Receives Maduka, Offers Prayers (Photos) / If People Are Allowed To Market Why Stop People From Church And Mosque-GIMBA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by madridguy(m): 6:54am On Jan 02
This is the first time I'm hearing your claim. I don't know who and who wrote him off but I will say he's doing his best compare to Ambode.

princeabdul:
nobody actually gave him a chance chief, everyone actually wrote him off and I'm sure you can also testify to this.

Not sure I've seen a typical Nigerian politician that understand his role like sanwo, he's miles ahead of his colleagues.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:54am On Jan 02
Does it mean that the version of Islam practiced by Muslim Yorubas is different from that of the North?
Because Muslim Yorubas and Christian Yorubas will interact peacefully,wish each other well during their respective religious festivities.
Even within a single family, with Muslim and Christian members, you will never encounter any form of religious rancour.They will all work together as one.
But in the North, it's a different thing altogether.
The other time, Ahmed Musa who married a Christian wife, wished Christians a Merry Christmas, and Northern animals started bashing him.
Why does many of them behave like animals?

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by SonOfDSoil01: 6:58am On Jan 02
grin No wonder our brothers from across the Niger have always been restless seeing a true liberal and sophisticated tribe progressing on a high speed and all their wish is to see a divided Yoruba by using religion with their Yoruba Muslim and Christian nonsense….sometimes I just laugh at their silly jokes,now seeing this will cause a great pain and discomfort in enemies camp😂

6 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by princeabdul(m): 6:58am On Jan 02
madridguy:
This is the first time I'm hearing your claim. I don't know who and who wrote him off but I will say he's doing his best compare to Ambode.

a lot of people trolled him when he assumed office couple with the fact that his pick to rep the gubernatorial poll was controversial.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by SonOfDSoil01: 7:02am On Jan 02
princeabdul:
I call him mr talk and do, sanwo Olu's aura actually speak for him, and in my book I think he has surpass BRF on all indication, Lagosians are so lucky to have him.

Please I have jerseys for club and country for sale, price ranges from 20k to 9k, location is kaduna but delivery is Nationwide 🔥 🔥 🙏
abeg slow down on the accolades, indeed he his a performing governor, but I don’t think any of Brf predecessors have meet is record of achievement. My opinion though and I am sure a great number will agree with me on this

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by Franking: 7:03am On Jan 02
Muslims won't like this.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by princeabdul(m): 7:04am On Jan 02
SonOfDSoil01:
abeg slow down on the accolades, indeed he his a performing governor, but I don’t think any of Brf predecessors have meet is record of achievement. My opinion though and I am sure a great number will agree with me on this
big chief, I really enjoy it when people go against all odds nobody gave him a chance.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by SonOfDSoil01: 7:06am On Jan 02
jojothaiv:
Faith without work is dead, prayers without action is pure nonsense.

I don't know why I find every performative religious act be if from ordinary folks or seemingly powerful ones as mere theatrics devoid of substance.
Nigeria is a fragile nation right now and the polity is so over heated with religious and ethnic tension’s everywhere, so acts like this my our leaders is commendable and it preaches love and humanity comes first, regardless of our religious background.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by ShinjaWWest: 7:08am On Jan 02
Rubbish...

He is not a real Christian..

No real Christian will do that....

Death to all head slamming mohammadian terrorists..
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by Abusufian: 7:13am On Jan 02
U hv my respect 4 dat
LegendHero:
Sanwo my guy. 2 factor authentication.

Even this crossover night, I prayed in both Muslim and Christian way.

Na people wey mumu dey fight because of religion.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by HighTable(m): 7:13am On Jan 02
Yorubas are highly intelligent and diplomatic people, most northern governors won't do this, and it shows they play a higher role spiritually and physically in the unity of this country.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 7:16am On Jan 02
MummyGoodluck81:
He’s by far the best governor Lagos ever had, hatred apart. I am obedient but inside everyone’s heart we all know no governors has ever even come close in terms of records, performance etc

Greeting Debo that day wasn’t only a good manner but a good spirituality
No he's not,it's Babatunde Raji Fashola,BRF I can argue this with anyone,no one come close with Fashola performance and achievements.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 7:16am On Jan 02
MummyGoodluck81:
He’s by far the best governor Lagos ever had, hatred apart. I am obedient but inside everyone’s heart we all know no governors has ever even come close in terms of records, performance etc

No he's not,It's Babatunde Raji Fashola BRF,He's the best in terms of performance and achievements
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by merits(m): 7:17am On Jan 02
Goodvibes007:

Ogundagbede governor everywhere bele face.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by Basicend: 7:18am On Jan 02
MummyGoodluck81:

Regarding the above-bolded, I laugh is Swahili!

You are so funny. . grin cool
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by SALLYBERRY01(m): 7:19am On Jan 02
Southwest = Religion Tolerance

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by madridguy(m): 7:21am On Jan 02
Majority of people trolling him are people not even living in Lagos, and their anger is simply because Ambode didn't fight Tinubu, scatter things for APC Lagos and decamp to PDP.

princeabdul:
a lot of people trolled him when he assumed office couple with the fact that his pick to rep the gubernatorial poll was controversial.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 7:22am On Jan 02
Franking:
Muslims won't like this.
You think politicians really care about your tribe or religion when it comes to their personal interests? Why is politicians Hausa or Fulani children marrying Yoruba or Igbo politicians billionaire children?

This is 2024, let's reason beyond religion or tribe sentiment to move forward.

What's the essence of our education and exposure if we can't reason beyond religion,tribe? Rip to chuba okadigbo

May God bless us to the extent we'll even forget our tribe and religion in dealing with people.

All we need is One love .
Happy new year my brother

5 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by Ravenna: 7:25am On Jan 02
Mynd44:

To Yorubas basically, once you become a leader, you are the head of everyone in the community no matter the religion of everyone hence when the Muslims have a program, you are a Muslim, when the Chrisfians have one, you are the leader, same with traditionalists.

I love Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:35am On Jan 02
SETHARTHUR:
How is it possible, especially the last two?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by Olat4421: 7:39am On Jan 02
To does Mumu dat used to say Yoruba Muslim nd Yoruba Christian in dis forum. U could see dat Yoruba is Yoruba. Nd all does ur mumu tactics to divide Yoruba in religion line is dead on arrival.in every household in Yoruba u will see d muslim and Christian it is a norm thing in Yoruba land

6 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by Julius1995(m): 7:41am On Jan 02
Tell us some of the things that makes him the best ever. That is how to prove a point not all these tantrums.
MummyGoodluck81:

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by mywells: 7:41am On Jan 02
Praying for his stomach and looting in the coming future.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by Banat89(m): 7:46am On Jan 02
Hahahah where did you see amotekun
GOFRONT:
Even Amotekun men mount for mosque
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by gaskiyamagana: 7:50am On Jan 02
Mynd44:

To Yorubas basically, once you become a leader, you are the head of everyone in the community no matter the religion of everyone hence when the Muslims have a program, you are a Muslim, when the Chrisfians have one, you are the leader, same with traditionalists.

Fact without adjustment or arguement. If you can not tolerate and be together with the three once in a while, you are not a good leader in Yoruba land. New king of Ogbomoso should know this for his peaceful reign.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by Afolue(m): 7:51am On Jan 02
Great men
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by gaskiyamagana: 7:55am On Jan 02
Olat4421:
To does Mumu dat used to say Yoruba Muslim nd Yoruba Christian in dis forum. U could see dat Yoruba is Yoruba. Nd all does ur mumu tactics to divide Yoruba in religion line is dead on arrival.in every household in Yoruba u will see d muslim and Christian it is a norm thing in Yoruba land
Don't mind them. When it is politics, they will say SOUTH WEST, but when it is religion, they will say Yoruba Muslims. We know them them and their identify as ALIENS in Yoruba land, not only in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by umea: 7:55am On Jan 02
Other Leaders should follow suit for the country's unity
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by Papayaayasager(m): 7:55am On Jan 02
Epitome of a confused man.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by zoedew: 7:57am On Jan 02
SETHARTHUR:
Sanwoolu is misguided. Ask a true Muslim. Islam takes no prisoners. It is an either or proposition. It brooks no competition. If it appears so it is Taqqiya! It always seeks to cover the ground with the aim of obliterating other belief systems.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Offers Prayers In Church And Mosque (Pictures) by tunjilana: 8:00am On Jan 02
SETHARTHUR:

To the average yoruba man what is important is the prayer and not the religion. If an ifa priest says words of blessings to you. You will claim it just lie your pastor or Imam's pronouncements

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ajumobi Is An American, So Akala May Still Be Governor Of Oyo State / Supreme Court Judges Meet Buhari / Buhari, Osinbajo, Saraki, Dogara At The 2018 Armed Forces Remembrance Day (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.