Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,735 members, 7,827,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) (37634 Views)

Terdoo Bendega: Man Records Sexual Intercourse With Ladies, Sells Nudes / Suspected Kidnapping Syndicate Arrested In Imo (Photo) / Man Records ‘sex Movie’ Inside Osun Grove, Shares On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by wrongnumber: 7:19pm On Jan 02
May not be a case of kidnap.
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Indispensable85(m): 7:23pm On Jan 02
I don't think it's a kidnapping scene. More like a family dispute. In a typical kidnap scenerio, everybody knows their duties. The driver would not leave his steering to attend to the kidnapped victim. There'll be somebody with her in the back seat to do the job.

2 Likes

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by uuzba(m): 7:26pm On Jan 02
This looks like ahmadu bello way, Victoria Island beside Eko Atlantic.
It fit be all these VI girls dem catch and want to do one thing with the girl.
Cos the driver is looking very useless and irresponsible.

1 Like

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by MrJames007: 7:27pm On Jan 02
Bija001:
smiley
Don't you have 100k to stake? undecided
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Trophy12: 7:28pm On Jan 02
ekelebeXstunner:
I don’t believe everything I see on the internet. This fit be comedy skit.
Must everything be comedy skit to u . Your mumu too much

1 Like

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by PHIPEX(m): 7:31pm On Jan 02
You mean the police expected him to confront a possible "kidnap" gang with bare hand?

1 Like

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by dominique(f): 7:36pm On Jan 02
thesicilian:
The man was probably more interested in getting the video for his social media engagement than actually saving the lady. But however true or untrue that may be, he has done his own little part of raising alarm and gathering little evidence.
The police should now focus on using that as a stepping stone to investigate further, instead of quarrelling with him for not doing more.

So he should have jumped out and confront possibly armed kidnappers? Did you not see the part where he said he raised alarm to some area boys and he was ignored? He has done more than enough by capturing the vehicle's licence plate number. A serious police team will use this information to fish out the owner of the vehicle

2 Likes

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by GreatOchuks: 7:41pm On Jan 02
Wisdom is profitable to direct,, Warri people have a proverb "dem no de test cutlass jazz with blokos"

He's sensible for not confronting them

2 Likes

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Dennisochampa: 7:42pm On Jan 02
This doesn't make sense to me for various reasons...
1. Real kidnappers will notice the car behind at such a close range.
2. It's a busy road and the man taking the videos could have easily alerted everyone to the situation and they all can intercept the vehicle
3. When the driver exited the vehicle, who was driving it?
4. Where did they take the woman from?
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Johnjustice: 7:47pm On Jan 02
Nigerians see why police checkpoints are good. If criminals know they are checkpoints they won't kidnap. Nigerians work into the hands of criminals, criminals have agents online, they spread fake news against the police, so the police will be off the streets.

1 Like

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Astra101: 7:48pm On Jan 02
thesicilian:
The man was probably more interested in getting the video for his social media engagement than actually saving the lady. But however true or untrue that may be, he has done his own little part of raising alarm and gathering little evidence.
The police should now focus on using that as a stepping stone to investigate further, instead of quarrelling with him for not doing more.

Not really, he did what was the safest option at the time by recording them discreetly, making sure the plate number is also visible

1 Like

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Smithwilliams826: 7:49pm On Jan 02
Glimpsetv:
Man Records a Suspected Kidnapping of a Lady in Broad Daylight

A man recorded a suspected kidnapping of a lady in broad daylight on New Year's Day in Lagos and posted it on X, formerly known as Twitter, tagging the police for possible action. The video shows a lady attempting to open the car door from the back seat, but it appears that another person sitting with her at the back is pulling her away from exiting the vehicle.

After a while, the driver exited and moved to the back seat door, activating the child lock to prevent the car from being opened from the inside, then returned to the car and quickly drove off.

However, a police handle on X named DSP Bright Edafe PPRO DE responded, "I sincerely hope you had the emergency numbers for Lagos Command and called them before recording and posting. That would have worked faster. Plus, you should have tried raising an alarm and confronting them."

In response, the man who posted the video commented, "For the record: I raised an alarm, called on area boys, but most hesitated. The driver got back in the car and drove off. I followed the car around V.I, hoping to see a policeman to report to, but none was on the route they followed. They later started driving back."

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think the man should have exited his car instead of just recording and confronting the suspects? But what if they had a gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgpAQTccORE

If to say na white people, them for don use their own vehicle hit the the kidnappers own. But for here, na to dey video record

1 Like

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Smithwilliams826: 7:52pm On Jan 02
Johnjustice:
Nigerians see why police checkpoints are good. If criminals know they are checkpoints they won't kidnap. Nigerians work into the hands of criminals, criminals have agents online, they spread fake news against the police, so the police will be off the streets.
abegy, police checkpoints Koo. No be to dey collect money them dey do?
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Johnjustice: 7:53pm On Jan 02
Smithwilliams826:
abegy, police checkpoints Koo. No be to dey collect money them dey do?
Please read my post before responding, unless you are one of the criminals, spreading fake news about the police, so they will be off the streets for criminals to operate unbothered.
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by BBIA: 7:58pm On Jan 02
Precious452:
This is what Nigeria has been reduced to. No security anywhere. And for the police emergency numbers, zero or late response even when called on time. Why won't they respond late or not at all when we have 80 percent of the police force guarding wealthy individuals and politicians. You hardly see up to 10 policemen in most local police stations Nigeria.

It is also sad that the passersby don't even give a Bleep anymore when they see someone in such distress. They simply "mind their business", a weird culture new to Africans in such situations. Please I beg us, even if the government won't help us, let it try to help each other. God will help us all this country. Amen
If they kidnap you, the pity I will have most is for your Kpekus 😩
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Smithwilliams826: 7:58pm On Jan 02
Johnjustice:

Please read my post before responding, unless you are one of the criminals, spreading fake news about the police, so they will be off the streets for criminals to operate unbothered.
E be like you no understand watin you write be that or na house you dey always dey or you no dey use main road. Dem don feed you fake news.
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Saidfx(m): 7:59pm On Jan 02
Babangidapikin:
Shey the plate number is there for the police to follow up..

That is just it. The lead way. Follow up with the plate number. This country just dey regress everyday
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Smithwilliams826: 8:02pm On Jan 02
Johnjustice:

so fake news go comot police from street
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Johnjustice: 8:04pm On Jan 02
Smithwilliams826:
so fake news go comot police from street
Yeah like that mad dj that spread fake news during endsars, Nigerians are gullible with the crowd mentality syndrome, they believe anything and follow fake news like zombies.
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by blowjohn(m): 8:10pm On Jan 02
E full Abuja na.
Frm robberies to one chance to kidnap attempts.

Especially the one chance vehicles and robberies.

Even today I met someone that was robbed of his bicycle and phone( he did resist them). The other guy that tried to fight them got injured, his phone stolen and was rushed to the hospital.

Infact av met a man that entered one chance twice, same day, consecutively in Abuja.

But he got the second gang burnt to death tho.

Stay safe all

1 Like

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Brushstrokes20: 8:16pm On Jan 02
Is the PLATE NUMBER a piece of decoration undecided
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by EbenezerTriumph: 8:17pm On Jan 02
DKM123:

But I wish the lady's face was captured.

If the police uses the plate number to trace them, they can easily use a co conspirator to act as though she was the one inside the car and they were only having little family squabbles.
why are you quoting yourself?
Stay away from drugs please for your sanity's sake
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by olamiji98448: 8:21pm On Jan 02
Do you mean a skit, and then you tag the police on X? Lol.Do you mean a skit, and then you tag the police on X? Lol....
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by DKM123: 8:21pm On Jan 02
EbenezerTriumph:
why are you quoting yourself?
Stay away from drugs please for your sanity's sake

Victor Imbeci!e Omerigwe, the r@pist school teacher, with your chronic urge to project yourself on other people, I just realised that you do drugs. cheesy

But ofcourse, it's only an addict that will act like a Nairaland residential psych0 using his 50monikers to talk to himself and beg for crumbs all his life. How didn't I assume drugs has wr£cked you.
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Nathaniel111(m): 8:22pm On Jan 02
This scenerio fit be kidnapping or a case of psychiatric. 🤔
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by ABC101FF: 8:22pm On Jan 02
Just imagine what that Edafe man is saying. Someone gave you a lead to a crime and you blame him for not doing your job for you. Is it to late to "swung" (swing) into action as you normally say?
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Egoveen: 8:29pm On Jan 02
Those people are not kidnappers,I only saw a man taking his deranged sister either to a psychiatric hospital or to a deliverance house and she is struggling to get down,you can see the confidence with which the man got down and locked the door with child lock.

2 Likes

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Khallicopyro: 8:34pm On Jan 02
You confront them you get shot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Cobra No Dey Sleep' Notorious Armed Robber, Others Arrested In Abia. PICS / Suspected IPOB Gunmen Kill Four Soldiers In Rivers State / Bayelsa SS1 Schoolgirl Stabs Classmate In Eye For Refusing To Join Cult (Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.