Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,361 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down (34870 Views)

These Animals Were Killed While Ploughing My Farm Yesterday / Big Python I Killed In My Farm Today And What Has Become Of It. / Fulani Hunters Having Fun In My Farm In 2015 - Aroms Aigbehi Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by Emy2020: 3:17pm On Jan 10
Get mistake and get more experience. That's life for you smiley
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by charleoj(m): 3:18pm On Jan 10
I guess you didn't get how to mix it with water right. If the content of the bottle is actually DD Force, then this is a concentration problem
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by Martinez39s(m): 3:19pm On Jan 10
DD Force is a strong and toxic pesticide. Just like Sniper, don't let it come in contact with what people will eat.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by Yankee101: 3:37pm On Jan 10
The price you pay for putting chemicals in people’s food

Stop applying chemicals to crops, it causes cancere
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by IkeAbuja: 3:40pm On Jan 10
This is how you guys destroy peoples products with your ignorance you apply chemical on your crops and you expect it not to die the earlier you remove that picture the better for you
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by Biofash: 3:54pm On Jan 10
You should have used laraforce or topup like 10 ml per 16ltrs knapsack sprayer.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by janedonez(m): 4:20pm On Jan 10
belsanol:
Dear janedonez, application of DD force to your beans farm is not the reason why your beans farm is failing. DD force is not a herbicide like others have stated so it can't burn ur beans. It's an insecticide too but it cannot perform the function you it to perform.
There lots of insects and worms that attack any beans even when planted at your backyarf/garden. So you need some certain insecticides to ward off these insects and let me mention it here that there is no single insecticide capable of maintaining your farm from production to harvest but rather you need combination of chemicals, right dose and application at the right time.
Please find below step by step actions needed on your beans farm.
Hint: you will need atleast the combination of two chemicals with these two reaction ingredients.
1. Lambda cyhalotrin.
2. Dimethoate.
Depending on the variety of beans you planted, I. E, the 40 days gestation type or the normal beans of 60 days gestation. What these numbers stand for is they will start flowering at those days, 40 or 60 days depending on the type.
So soon as you noticed the first flower in your farm, then you commence spraying immediately. Note, it's better to ward off insects from your farm than trying to kill them after invasion! Beans insects are very STUBORN. This spraying at the start should be done every four days interval. This should continue until pods are developed and getting close to maturity. This will be like around 5 to 6 weeks spraying. Thereafter, your beans will be noticeable now as in big beans pods but not dried yet. You can then increase the spraying interval to once in 7 days.
In mixing your chemicals, the lambda cyhalotrin component should be like 80/100mls per 16ltr spraying can. The dimethoate should be like 30 or 35mls per 16ltr spraying can too.
Example of cyhalotrin is lara force, judo, CYPERKING, cypermetrin etc
Example of dimethoate is dime force 40ec or sconpion.
So you should continue to spray your farm up until it start to dry and brown then you can stop spraying while you wait for harvest.
Warning: early stoppage of spraying can destroy your lovely beans farm so one or two weeks mistake can ruined all efforts put into your farm for 3months.
See here a sample of a very effective dimethoate.
You can reach me on belsanol@gmail.com for further discussion on beans farming please.

Thank you so much for the detailed counsel, I have been into beans farming for close to five years now, the only difference now is that I expanded to bigger land portions and bought more varieties of beans. I followed every precaution's step needed, but the only difference is applying DD FORCE for the first time since I began farming. Take a look at the picture attached, you will notice stains or black spots, those are the DDForce stains

1 Like

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by janedonez(m): 4:22pm On Jan 10
Xpol:
Are you sure you didn't use the same sprayer for herbicide previously? Sometimes you think you've washed it but it'll affect your plants?
That Sprayer was exclusively for Spraying the Beans for Insects and not for Killing grasses

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by janedonez(m): 4:25pm On Jan 10
charleoj:
I guess you didn't get how to mix it with water right. If the content of the bottle is actually DD Force, then this is a concentration problem

Its not concentration problem, I even under mixed the Chemical,I can't believe the mixing is the challenge
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by janedonez(m): 4:25pm On Jan 10
Biofash:
You should have used laraforce or topup like 10 ml per 16ltrs knapsack sprayer.
I will avaoid any chemical that has to do with Force.

1 Like

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by Benekkk: 4:32pm On Jan 10
overseasnbeyond:
Do you have insurance?

Insurance companies don’t pay in this part of the world!
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by JONSYN7154: 4:32pm On Jan 10
janedonez:
I did Beans farming to help sustain livelihood, unfortunately, the DD Force Chemical I applied destroyed all my Beans. I don't know what to do.

When I was offered the Chemical, I objected but the Dealer insisted that it was the appropriate Chemical to use, after going through the Label I also read that it can used plants such as Maize, beans and others.
What's the ratio of water you use in diluting the chemical?

That's where your problem starts from.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by IfnobeGod20: 4:34pm On Jan 10
SocialJustice:
You sprayed dd force on beans people will eat, thank God they died.
He added the chemical too much. He just needed just less than half of the cap for 20L sprayer. He only misapplied it and that is why its killing it.
If he applied it correctly, it means he did it late as beans weevils had already attacked.

1 Like

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by Alexiiydon: 4:46pm On Jan 10
janedonez:
I did Beans farming to help sustain livelihood, unfortunately, the DD Force Chemical I applied destroyed all my Beans. I don't know what to do.

When I was offered the Chemical, I objected but the Dealer insisted that it was the appropriate Chemical to use, after going through the Label I also read that it can used plants such as Maize, beans and others.
you for ask am the amount you for use because too much any chemicals or fertilizer destroy plants
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by SaLongs1(m): 5:01pm On Jan 10
overseasnbeyond:
Do you have insurance?

In this country?
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by femora007(m): 5:24pm On Jan 10
When dd force is used at high concentration it will cause burning of the part of plant it has contact with, but will not kill the plant to the root. The beans plant may recover.
You could have used cypermethrin.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by IfnobeGod20: 5:24pm On Jan 10
janedonez:

Thank you so much for the detailed counsel, I have been into beans farming for close to five years now, the only difference now is that I expanded to bigger land portions and bought more varieties of beans. I followed every precaution's step needed, but the only difference is applying DD FORCE for the first time since I began farming. Take a look at the picture attached, you will notice stains or black spots, those are the DDForce stains
You misapplied it my brother. I also used DD Force on my beans this season and it never killed it or withered it. At the point of purchase, the seller told me to use small portion of it as not to kill/destroy the beans. The first hand precaution saved me from what you're experiencing today.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by McLizbae: 5:25pm On Jan 10
Sorry o! It seem there is a specie of plantain that does that. Try replanting and target fruiting within rainy season. You may also try other species that develop stronger trunks.
RainMoreDFARMS:
Oh boy, farming is not easy.
Day by day now, my plantain trees have started breaking into two. I know it's the effect of drought, but hey it's heart breaking

1 Like

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by IfnobeGod20: 5:31pm On Jan 10
janedonez:

The Sprayer had not been used for Herbicides, it was strictly used for the Insecticide, as for the Concentration level, it was according to stipulated guideline from the DD Force label.

This is where the error comes. If you follow what is in the label, the error like this will comes up. You need need a pint of it to attack insects on beans. Too much concentration will attack both the beans and the insects but not the plant because DD Force not meant for plant.

1 Like

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by Wardstunna22(m): 5:34pm On Jan 10
You must be lost for using such toxic chemical to treat I guess bean weavil or other bean pests you must be wicked…
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by IfnobeGod20: 5:35pm On Jan 10
Slurity:
Sorry bro, ask qeustions next time before applying both herbicide and insecticides. Dont just follow the instruction, there are some cases you may need to increase the dose or reduce the does based on some circumstances LIKE Density of your crop, stage of flowering, ground water availability, amount of precipitation available or expected to follow in the next 24 hrs.
Op this is what you should have done. This is the best advise so far.
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by janedonez(m): 5:35pm On Jan 10
IfnobeGod20:

This is where the error comes. If you follow what is in the label, the error like this will comes up. You need need a pint of it to attack insects on beans. Too much concentration will attack both the beans and the insects but not the plant because DD Force not meant for plant.
I can attest that the quantity of chemical used per sprayer was so minute
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by bigcasava1(m): 5:48pm On Jan 10
SocialJustice:
Are you helping or worsening
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by achorladey: 5:55pm On Jan 10
janedonez:

I am really shocked, I don't really understand

when you see clean beans free of those pest be grateful to that farmer that handle the insecticide. There is no way you plant beans and get good harvest without applying insecticide. To shock you some apply every every four to five days or else beans weevils go destroy am completely.

2 Likes

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by achorladey: 6:22pm On Jan 10
SirLakes:
DD force is not herbicide nah, but insecticide (to kill storage and field insects).

Abi nah herbicide wey dem package as DD force insecticide you buy shocked

How will you eliminate pest of beans like weevils without application of insecticides? Something that is applied as soon as the beans plant start flowering every 4 to 5 days to prevent infestation by pests. You can consult those in the business to understand how it works.

Below is another applied on beans grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by patorial(m): 6:29pm On Jan 10
SocialJustice:

I'm very sure you know nothing about farming else you wouldn't comment what you just did.

The guy simply abused the chemicals.

It happens when users think the recommendations won't be effective so, they add theirs.

2 Likes

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by patorial(m): 6:31pm On Jan 10
opera1:
I don't think it's DD force that destroy your farm coz DD force is an insecticide.

You can use Láraforce or caterpillar force on the farm

From my years of farming, I can tell the farmer simply abused the insecticide but I too know people not to take responsibility of damages

2 Likes

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by patorial(m): 6:32pm On Jan 10
SirLakes:
DD force is not herbicide nah, but insecticide (to kill storage and field insects).

Abi nah herbicide wey dem package as DD force insecticide you buy shocked

Unless that, given that there are adulterated products in the market these days
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by Xpol: 6:42pm On Jan 10
janedonez:

That Sprayer was exclusively for Spraying the Beans for Insects and not for Killing grasses
spraying late in the morning follow by hot weather can also burn the plants especially with high dosage, Anything apart from these simply mean the chemical is fake coz most pesticides can be used for wide varieties of plants without any side effect.

1 Like

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by IfnobeGod20: 6:46pm On Jan 10
patorial:

I'm very sure you know nothing about farming else you wouldn't comment what you just did.

It happens when users think the recommendations won't be effective so, they add theirs.
Why are you giving him concern? From his comment you should have known he knows nothing about farming.

2 Likes

Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by SocialJustice: 6:47pm On Jan 10
patorial:

Bla Bla Bla, I don't have to be farmer to know spraying toxic chemicals on plants are bad
Re: Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down by Moredays78(m): 6:54pm On Jan 10
DD force is a very active insecticide, u don't apply it at early stages, i.e when the beans is still removing flowers, and again u don't apply it in large quantities, 5 ml to 10 mil per 16 or 20 litre spraying tank. U apply DD force mostly when the beans is at d final stage. i.e when u re about to pick the beans.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) / The Hidden Profit In Storage Business / Blind & Deaf Rice Farmer In Taraba With A Paralysed Left Hand (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.