Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,611 members, 7,816,513 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! (1096 Views)

My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! / My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy / Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by slidburner: 2:51pm On Jan 02
Hello Nairalanders! Happy new year!

This would probably be long, please endure.

I have an elder brother and a younger brother and they are making my life miserable.

My elder brother graduated from school in 2010. After service he started working in a bank, had a car and was starting to do well for himself. We were all happy, because I had always looked up to him. He was the most promising of us all when we were kids. Smart and compassionate. I remember he supported me with my first school fees in 2014 when I got admission into school.

Fast forward to like 2016, he started going MIA. We wouldn't hear from him for months. You'll call him, he wouldn't pick or return the call. Even when he picks, he'll tell us that he travelled to Port Harcourt for work. Year after year, he kept giving us excuses and we didn't see he for close to 5 years.

Forward again to 2021, my mum's brother insisted we look for him because he was always calling everybody in the family that he is trying to close a business and he needs XYZ amount. Because everyone knew how promising he was as a kid, they trusted him with money and he abscond. At a certain point he had to call one of our uncles for 500 Naira. A 30+ year old. That my uncle called my mum to inform her that something is wrong with my brother, she needs to look for him. After a few tries, my mum was able to trick and lure him until she met with him. He was never out of town. My elder brother was looking sooooo emaciated. His cloths faded. Someone that was a little light skinned was so dark.
My mum insisted on going to where he lives and found that he lives in a THICK slum behind a filled toilet. He even has a child with a woman. They both live together. At that period his rent had expired. The landlord was kicking him out.
My mum insisted he moved back to the family house. Before he came back to the family house, he sent the lady and the child back to her home town. When my mum asked, he said they only went visiting. Up until today, they are not back and he wouldn't let anyone talk about it.

Fast forward to 2022, he had moved in back to my family house in 2021, we found out that he got one of my mum's workers pregnant. Because the lady couldn't stand looking at my mum, she decided to quit the job and they moved in together. (The lady used to stay in one of my mum's rooms).
Before the lady moved out, she gave my elder brother money twice to rent an apartment, he couldn't account for the money. And because she was pregnant, she had to be patient with him.
After they moved in together, my brother would steal her money. Snatch her phone and make transfers. We later found out that he is addicted to gambling and smoking. Every single penny he gets goes into gambling and smoking. To the point of borrowing money and running from the house. They would come arrest this lady. When she gave birth, I remember there were times she slept in the cell with this child because of her business money my brother stole and gambled with.

Now, my mum's compassion for he son is bitting everybody. He is not willing to work. He would say job recommendations are below him. The lady kicked him out and he is back to my family house.

My mum is no longer doing her business because she is aged and my dad retired last year. Now, no source of income. Everything falls on me.

Even if I decide to buy stuff for my mum's house, he will snatch them because I am not around. I cannot kick him out because it is not my house.

My younger brother is not willing to go to school or get himself a decent job. All he does is drink and smoke with the little he earns too and carry cultism on his head.

To be honest, I am tired and do not know what to do. Please help! It's just too long I have to cut it short.
Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by DonBenny77(m): 2:59pm On Jan 02
Source for funds and rent for a year. You need space
Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by Artiiclebeast: 3:07pm On Jan 02
Wahala..

This can be some really emotionally draining experience.
Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by Magnetic010: 3:17pm On Jan 02
There is nothing more exhausting and emotionally draining than family issues especially when it concerns your siblings going through one drama right now with my eldest brother.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by Boogyman557: 3:32pm On Jan 02
nnn
Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by phorget(m): 3:39pm On Jan 02
Hmmmmmm!
Everyone with their own,I've got mine too.
Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by Lifeinlight: 4:32pm On Jan 02
So sad, a promising lad

How your brother got influenced into drugs and gambling to the extent that he found himself in this state still baffled me seriously
Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by Jewessgratitud3: 4:58pm On Jan 02
This is so sad to hear. for someone who was doing well to now be living like a church rat.

It's obvious what destroyed your elder brother was gambling and dirty lifestyle. Your two brothers need rehabilitation otherwise they will never change.

As for you, Move out of that house for them if you haven't already and don't let them know where you stay because the way they are going envy may soon set in and they may try to set you up.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by capetownboyz(m): 5:33pm On Jan 02
Family palava.. any sibling way stress me na to cut am off ..

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by Nicepoker(m): 5:54pm On Jan 02
This is not my area of specialization. Righteousness you are needed here.
Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by conscienceman4(m): 7:30pm On Jan 02
Guy.
Your family is in need of family deliverance.
Jesus says, while men slept, the enemy came and sow tares.
You need to stand for your family and do it before it's too late.
If you need assistance, you can reach me.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by Bubbastic(m): 7:49pm On Jan 02
Obviously your siblings need rehabilitation, from your write up this is a drug induced psychotic issue. Search for a psychiatric hospital around your area and let them help your brother.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Jan 02
slidburner:
Now, my mum's compassion for he son is bitting everybody. He is not willing to work. He would say job recommendations are below him. The lady kicked him out and he is back to my family house.
My mum is no longer doing her business because she is aged and my dad retired last year. Now, no source of income. Everything falls on me.
Even if I decide to buy stuff for my mum's house, he will snatch them because I am not around. I cannot kick him out because it is not my house.
My younger brother is not willing to go to school or get himself a decent job. All he does is drink and smoke with the little he earns too and carry cultism on his head.To be honest, I am tired and do not know what to do. Please help! It's just too long I have to cut it short.
You can't choose your family but you can choose how your own life can and will go. So how is your own life going? Are you doing you? If yes, focus your attention and that and help your parents as you can and continue forward. undecided

1 Like

Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by ahnie: 9:28pm On Jan 02
There's always a brown sheep in every family.

Best thing to do is to leave them far behind and face your life.
Hopefully later, they'll see the light.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by DesChyko: 10:29pm On Jan 02
Shut out all that noise and focus on becoming a beacon. The devil does not always come through the front door. Even your family can be a ploy to blindfold you from your destination.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by OKUCHI11(m): 10:54pm On Jan 02
Well... thank whoever you are serving that your mother is still there... for him... I have a similar storyline to tell but mine is much more than this...

1 Like

Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by Rexymania(m): 12:28am On Jan 03
I'm sorry... your family need deliverance

1 Like

Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:55am On Jan 03
Gambling finished your brother. Chai
Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by Solvik(f): 4:22am On Jan 03
So sorry this is happening to you, Jesus the burden lifter will come through for you. I would suggest you do family deliverance the devil is not playing at all, his work is to steal, kill and destroy. It is you who won't allow him to do any of those things you or your family, cause anything that affects the eyes also affects the nose. Our God is the God that delivers just trust Him and He will help you.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by Classcaptain1(m): 5:50am On Jan 03
Na this kain wahala dey reduce life expectancy. Are you sure it is not spiritual?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by ihatebuhari(f): 6:15am On Jan 03
This is a spiritual case. It might be from your family background or village enemies.

My only advice is tell your mom to go into spiritualism to find solution.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by Ishilove: 3:03pm On Jan 03
Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by slidburner: 12:01pm On Jan 06
DonBenny77:
Source for funds and rent for a year. You need space
I don't live with my family, I am the only person living on his own out of my mum's kids. I am doing fairly well for myself. I just want them to see that we could beat the odds against poverty.
Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by slidburner: 12:03pm On Jan 06
Artiiclebeast:
Wahala..

This can be some really emotionally draining experience.

You have no idea bro... You just feel like you are working hard and some are pulling you back.

Truth is, I can't turn my back against them when I think about my nephews and nieces. Those kids won't chose to come to this life, only for them to come suffer.

If I make it alone, I won't be comfortable because I can't see my kids having a good life and their cousins suffering.
Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by slidburner: 12:04pm On Jan 06
Lifeinlight:
So sad, a promising lad

How your brother got influenced into drugs and gambling to the extent that he found himself in this state still baffled me seriously

Super promising! I looked up to him growing up. Wished I was as brilliant as he was. Mannnn... My heart breaks
Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by slidburner: 12:08pm On Jan 06
Jewessgratitud3:
This is so sad to hear. for someone who was doing well to now be living like a church rat.

It's obvious what destroyed your elder brother was gambling and dirty lifestyle. Your two brothers need rehabilitation otherwise they will never change.

As for you, Move out of that house for them if you haven't already and don't let them know where you stay because the way they are going envy may soon set in and they may try to set you up.

I left my parent's house over 5 years ago when I was 21. Currently working in the tech space, fortunately. Only my kid sister and mum have been to where I stay. Even though I earn in seven figures, I live a very humble life. Currently in a self-contained not to give anybody the impression of depending on me. But I am more than willing to set up small businesses for them to grow. But I know they would gamble and squander my hard earned money away! That's my fear man.
Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by slidburner: 12:08pm On Jan 06
capetownboyz:
Family palava.. any sibling way stress me na to cut am off ..

Lol... E no easy like that my guy.
Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by slidburner: 12:09pm On Jan 06
conscienceman4:
Guy.
Your family is in need of family deliverance.
Jesus says, while men slept, the enemy came and sow tares.
You need to stand for your family and do it before it's too late.
If you need assistance, you can reach me.

Thank you so much! God bless you! Appreciate the support
Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by slidburner: 12:14pm On Jan 06
ahnie:
There's always a brown sheep in every family.

Best thing to do is to leave them far behind and face your life.
Hopefully later, they'll see the light.

I have considered this many times. But I am very big on family. Imagine making it and then instead of my kids and their cousins to relate and enjoy life, there is high chance of envy and hate.
Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by Jewessgratitud3: 12:15pm On Jan 06
slidburner:

I left my parent's house over 5 years ago when I was 21. Currently working in the tech space, fortunately. Only my kid sister and mum have been to where I stay. Even though I earn in seven figures, I live a very humble life. Currently in a self-contained not to give anybody the impression of depending on me. But I am more than willing to set up small businesses for them to grow. But I know they would gamble and squander my hard earned money away! That's my fear man.

They'll squander it no doubt. I don't think that is what they need for now. They need help and the best you can do for them now is get them the needed help, then take it from there. However don't let them know you're the one taking them to the rehab. Plan with your parents to act like they are ones bringing the idea. Give your parents money to fund the cost of the whole arrangement.

Hope you understand.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Family Is Driving Me Crazy! by slidburner: 12:17pm On Jan 06
OKUCHI11:
Well... thank whoever you are serving that your mother is still there... for him... I have a similar storyline to tell but mine is much more than this...

Bro, how are you dealing? Would reach out to you please.

(1) (Reply)

Female Genital Mutilation (fgm) / What Makes A Man? / Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.