Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) (56294 Views)

Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities / “Only 25 Varsities Have All Full Courses Accreditation,” Says NUC [See List] / An Eye Opener On The Newly Approved Grading System By The Nuc For Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by kkins25(m): 12:15am On Jan 03
CapeCoast University, Ghana, operating in Nigeria??
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by NovusHomo(m): 12:31am On Jan 03
CameroonPepper:
So what happens to the ones with their certs?

O ti lo. grin
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by Ttipsy(f): 12:33am On Jan 03
Ance4Liverpool:
Chicago university nko....?
updated list on the way
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by MatthiasChin: 1:19am On Jan 03
Let HNAUB breath
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by CaptainFM1: 1:28am On Jan 03
CameroonPepper:
So what happens to the ones with their certs?

Those certificates are useless in Nigeria. Nothing more.
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by xandy84: 1:49am On Jan 03
Nigeria is an English speaking country. Would you have hire her to work in your company even when she can't express herself in English. How would she communicate with other staff and clients? Guess housa. The countries you mention below does not speak English and nobody expect expert from such country to speak English but anybody who wish to hold a job in Nigeria must speak English or they will not be able to communicate with members of their organization.

Lanre1st:

She school in non Anglophone country, Language or spoken English doesn’t make one capable. Majority of Chinese engineers, Russian, Malaysian, Japan, Germane do not understand English and they are good in their field

3 Likes

Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by Sirianese: 3:42am On Jan 03
Why Chicogo State Uni no dey inside?
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by freedomchild: 3:43am On Jan 03
Countersam:

12. Houdegbe North American University campuses in Nigeria.

This school was a breeding ground for drug addicts, both in males and females, prostitution, and cultism. Students don't go to school and sort till they graduate. Some collect Money for fees but have already dropped out without their parent's knowledge because of yahoo, pregnancy and drug addiction. Many wasted their parent's money up to 300level or final year, only to go back to nigeria and start afresh. This school back then made codeine and rohypnol so much in high demand, not talk of crack and heroine... girls' addiction was most baffling. Infact this school negatively impacted on the indigenous Béninois with their lifestyle. Most lecturers were compromised, you go bleep tire as a lecturer. Boys go sort you tire for grades. That school was a mini Sodom... Me self follow enjoy some babes who just wanted to flex and they will be loyal to you. Just keep the drugs coming.
heard same about the school

1 Like

Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by Forumites: 4:14am On Jan 03
Is Tinubu aware of this ban?
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by broadman20: 4:28am On Jan 03
Laple0541:

If you ever have a chance to pass through Chicago University’s gate, you should consider yourself lucky.

Yes!

Lucky for schooling in same school with a world class international Drug Criminal who later became the leader of the biggest black society in the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by adecz: 4:34am On Jan 03
Concentrate on Benin Republic.

It's now that authorities are waking up
to their responsibilities abi❓
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by pfadom: 4:42am On Jan 03
The annual budgetary allocations of Chicago State University can fund almost all the Universities managed by the NUC.

Ance4Liverpool:
Chicago university nko....?
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by ROTTWEILER007: 5:41am On Jan 03
bnbash:

I'm shocked! You think everyone who schooled abroad must speak English? Did you even bother to ask what she studied in Sudan? Is English the official language in Sudan? In fact even in Nigeria, we have secondary schools that do not speak English at all. Know your country first (I guess you didn't pay attention during social studies classes)
Allah ya sa ko President za ta zama a hakan kuma dole ka ma ta biyayya
you should have replied me in a language other than English. I would have understood better.

1 Like

Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by ROTTWEILER007: 5:44am On Jan 03
Danmisra:

Since she didn't reply means she can't speak English. To people like you English is the yard. Stick of measuring intelligence and you think you are educated. To you an illiterate Englishman is Better than a Russian or French engineer simply cos he can't Speak English not what they can offer.
People like are the reason why Nigeria can never progress cos u will forever remain enslaved to western or European world.
All the countries that are developed none of them is using borrowed language.
Before you speak next think deeply and widely. I forgot they are educated illiterate so
Continue that you will be learning gradually
Prof Sir, you should have replied me in hausa since I made the comment in English. I ask you question for English, you reply me for hausa. And to you now you get sense...

1 Like

Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by ROTTWEILER007: 5:49am On Jan 03
Lanre1st:

She school in non Anglophone country, Language or spoken English doesn’t make one capable. Majority of Chinese engineers, Russian, Malaysian, Japan, Germane do not understand English and they are good in their field
Osheeee engineer, Even these countries you mentioned upon moving to an English speaking country try to learn basics. I greet Nigerian for wey do primary and secondary school for Nigeria in English, she reply me for hausa you get mind the justify rubbish. See I know your tactics no worry if I reply you again call me almajiri.
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by Bluntemperor: 5:55am On Jan 03
Amudeneogu:
WHAT OF CHICAGO STATE UNIVERSITY. it is very important

Is Chicago State University based in Nigeria? Till today,Chicago State University still confirmed that President Tinubu attended the School!
Don't be gaulibles- because the Nigerian Politicians were just dramatising it during elections to curry Social Media Sympathy but it all failed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by Amudeneogu: 6:00am On Jan 03
Bluntemperor:

Is Chicago State University based in Nigeria? Till today,Chicago State University still confirmed that President Tinubu attended the School!
Don't be gaulibles- because the Nigerian Politicians were just dramatising it during elections to curry Social Media Sympathy but it all failed!
OK
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by ABC101FF: 6:06am On Jan 03
They didn't ban the most important of them all. Don't ask me which.
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by seunayantokun(m): 6:12am On Jan 03
Alternatively, make it a rule that their evaluation will be dependent upon successful completion of an 18-month round-off programme in areas of their study insitu at any of the first generation universities located in the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria. Them go know say thief-thief no good.
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by HRMK: 6:24am On Jan 03
what happens to those already working with the certificates in 9ja?to be sacked?
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by Gagare1(m): 6:35am On Jan 03
ROTTWEILER007:
That was how this beautiful hausa lady in her hijab couldn't give a simple reply to a "how are you" question I asked. This scene played out in camp. I quickly asked in hausa where she schooled, and she replied almost immediately "sudan". I was shocked that one who schooled abroad couldn't understand a simple question in English. I wouldn't be surprised seeing her become a minister tomorrow.

Arabic is the official language in Sudan. She studied using the Arabic language. If you had asked in Arabic, she would have answered fluently. It wasn't fair to her.

Chances are high that she was born and raised there, hence she only speaks Arabic and Hausa. This is very common among my people.

But I am not ruling out the possibility of her being born and raised here, only to travel to Sudan for her A'levels. Truth be told, many secondary school graduates up North (especially females in public schools) learn virtually nothing. The deplorable conditions affects them the most. She might have jumped classes like a skipping rope, finished O'levels in a jiffy, and zoomed to Sudan to study away from the dreaded Turanci.

2 Likes

Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by Lanre1st(m): 7:02am On Jan 03
xandy84:
Nigeria is an English speaking country. Would you have hire her to work in your company even when she can't express herself in English. How would she communicate with other staff and clients? Guess housa. The countries you mention below does not speak English and nobody expect expert from such country to speak English but anybody who wish to hold a job in Nigeria must speak English or they will not be able to communicate with members of their organization.

This is a simple matter, sure communication is vita but useful skill is first criteria for an employee. Nigerians travel to work in many countries they do not understand their language, Dubai, Germany, China, Japan, Russia etc. many footballers play in EPL can’t speak English like Tevez, Darwin even after spending many years living in England.
The lady in question has enroll in Nigeria institution to better herself. What I’m saying is you can’t judge one intelligent base on language he/she is not expose to.

2 Likes

Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by ROTTWEILER007: 7:31am On Jan 03
Gagare1:

Arabic is the official language in Sudan. She studied using the Arabic language. If you had asked in Arabic, she would have answered fluently. It wasn't fair to her.

Chances are high that she was born and raised there, hence she only speaks Arabic and Hausa. This is very common among my people.
But I am not ruling out the possibility of her being born and raised here, only to travel to Sudan for her A'levels. Truth be told, many secondary school graduates up North (especially females in public schools) learn virtually nothing. The deplorable conditions affects them the most. She might have jumped classes like a skipping rope, finished O'levels in a jiffy, and zoomed to Sudan to study away from the dreaded Turanci.
You're the real gee. Very comprehensive, not those clowns commenting rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by ROTTWEILER007: 7:37am On Jan 03
xandy84:

No mind them. That was how one woman said I should go and learn the hausa so that I can communicate effectively with her. She insisted that hausa was an official language.... Make I no even type wetin I tell her.
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by ROTTWEILER007: 7:43am On Jan 03
frog12:
no be arabic SUDAN dey speak??

for person wey do primary and secondary school for naija?
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by ROTTWEILER007: 7:45am On Jan 03
Lanre1st:

This is a simple matter, sure communication is vita but useful skill is first criteria for an employee. Nigerians travel to work in many countries they do not understand their language, Dubai, Germany, China, Japan, Russia etc. many footballers play in EPL can’t speak English like Tevez, Darwin even after spending many years living in England.
The lady in question has enroll in Nigeria institution to better herself. What I’m saying is you can’t judge one intelligent base on language he/she is not expose to.
Mind you, i never judged her intellectual capability so please don't quote me outta context.
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by love201(m): 8:13am On Jan 03
Corruption everywhere

I reside in ipapo Oyo state, I have access to Farmers in iseyin, saki, ipapo etc, I can help you source farm produce like yam, maize, cassava garri etc and transport it to you, all for a token. If interested call
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by cardoctor(m): 8:21am On Jan 03
Dont forget University of Bugunda.
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by Obiedun(m): 8:34am On Jan 03
Amudeneogu:
WHY?
The matter has been settled once and for all
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by Blinzzng: 9:04am On Jan 03
Scholarship Opportunities at the University of Miami

https://redomir.com/scholarship-opportunities-at-the-university-of-miami/
Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by codesport(m): 9:20am On Jan 03
ROTTWEILER007:
That was how this beautiful hausa lady in her hijab couldn't give a simple reply to a "how are you" question I asked. This scene played out in camp. I quickly asked in hausa where she schooled, and she replied almost immediately "sudan". I was shocked that one who schooled abroad couldn't understand a simple question in English. I wouldn't be surprised seeing her become a minister tomorrow.
In as much I've my reservations towards the standard/quality of education of most northern government schools, your myopic reasoning @ bolded calls for concern 😟 because English language is the 3rd official language in Sudan last time I checked.

1 Like

Re: 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) by snowball11(m): 9:21am On Jan 03
Laple0541:

If you ever have a chance to pass through Chicago University’s gate, you should consider yourself lucky.

What's the big deal in passing through the gate of Chicago State University?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Mother Beats Up Her Daughter Because She Was Drunk: Who Was Drunk? / Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him / Top 20 Universities With Most Employed Graduates In Nigeria (list)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.