Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,160 members, 7,811,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates (39320 Views)

Lady Relocates From The UK To Nigeria To Enjoy Peace Of Mind / Young Lady Relocates To Dubai To Become House Girl, Replies Those Mocking Her / Cameroonian Man Excited As He Relocates From Poland To Nigeria For Better Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by BrownEnvelop(m): 11:02pm On Jan 02
A Nigerian woman was left in shock after a former classmate and her family relocated to Canada months after donations were made to help the same family out of “financial problems”.

In a series of posts on social media the Nigerian lady said sometime in March 2023, she was added to a Whatsapp group .

She said that the admin of the group later informed everyone that the purpose for the group was to seek financial assistance for a former classmate of theirs whose husband had no job and she was pregnant with their third child.

The Nigerian lady said they all contributed immensely with the lowest donation being N50, 000 and the highest N500, 000. She said she was shocked on January 1, 2024 when she stumbled on the said lady and her family’s photos in Canada.

She said she reached out to the admin of the group to get some clarity and she was informed that the lady who was in dire need blocked her immediately after collecting the donations.

I was added to a whatsapp group in March of 2023.
I noticed that it had 25 members of which I knew almost 20 of them. I was surprised but decided to see what the admin created the group for.
The admin, my university mate but from a different department narrated a long Slstory of how one of us was having serious financial problems, how the husband wasn't working and the lady was pregnant with their 3rd child.

They hardly feed.
Let's call the lady in question P.
We all felt for P because she was very cheerful and calm during our university days.
It Was going to be hard for us to ignore so everyone of us dropped something, the least being 50k and highest 500k.
Mind you we left the university since 2012,so it's been a while.

I was scrolling through Facebook this early morning to see how people celebrated the new year, lol and

Behold, I'm seeing P and her family in Canada, celebrating 8 months in Canada.

I first confuse. Like! Am I sure of what I am seeing?
I immediately called the group admin, N, and asked her if she had spoken to P since we did the contribution for her. She said P blocked her after

She told us thanks on the group I then sent N the screenshots I got from Facebook. She was surprised.
That means P used lies to collect money from us because she knows we would fall for her scam
Guys, I need your advice, should I post the screenshots on the group for Others to see what is going on, or should I look away? Please, help me here.

Credit; FOUNDATIONAL IGBO WOMAN

Update :
Children of God
I've finally given up.
This afternoon, P asked us to drop our account details, about 14 of us did. This evening, I got an sms alert from my bank and a message from this werey girl on whatsapp. She called the money loan. Sent the same message to all

Source: FOUNDATIONAL IGBO WOMAN

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by 1TrippleCee: 11:05pm On Jan 02
O ti lo

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by BrownEnvelop(m): 11:15pm On Jan 02
1TrippleCee:
O ti lo
Terrible things are happening on a daily in this country. You can't even trust anyone anymore.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by ahnie: 11:17pm On Jan 02
Here to Read Cum-ments!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by LAXconfidential(m): 11:27pm On Jan 02
Twitter and fake stories that never happened be like 5&6. Nigerian influencers will forge anything for engagements so as to share a slice of Elons money. All manner of foolery and fake news is flying up there.

171 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Jeon(f): 12:08am On Jan 03
Tales by moonlight.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by CameroonPepper: 12:18am On Jan 03
LAXconfidential:
Twitter and fake stories that never happened be like 5&6. Nigerian influencers will do anything for engagements so as to share a slice of Elons money. All manner of foolery and fake news is flying up there.
Jeon:
Tales by moonlight.

It's fake because the fraudster is a woman not a man abi??

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Jeon(f): 12:20am On Jan 03
CameroonPepper:

It's fake because the fraudster is a woman not a man abi??

You can confirm it urself.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by ahnie: 12:21am On Jan 03
Jeon:

You can confirm it urself.
Still Awake?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Jeon(f): 12:25am On Jan 03
ahnie:

Still Awake?

Yeap, I slept a lot yesterday's afternoon.
Good morning.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by ahnie: 12:35am On Jan 03
Jeon:

Yeap, I slept a lot yesterday's afternoon.
Good morning.
Me too... There's light so I m cooking.
I slept alot too yesterday Noon.
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Jayboi(m): 2:02am On Jan 03
New strategy if true. What people do for Japa.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by eepeepook: 2:07am On Jan 03
Fake news. Sure to hit front page in this toilet bowl.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by MarketDispatch: 4:53am On Jan 03
Scammers may have hacked the lady's phone
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Solsix(m): 6:27am On Jan 03
I hope the don't finally ends up with the situation she claims she had

6 Likes

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by jamesversion: 6:55am On Jan 03
8 months from when they donated for her is a long time. Maybe things picked up financially for the woman & husband which enabled them to travel to Canada.

I know someone who by July 31st had no shishi in his account. He got a contract job in August, that by Dec 31 he had a cool N5M chilling in his account.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Femich18(m): 12:23pm On Jan 04
This is crowdfunding. She got the fund through deceit but if she had not lie she may not get the help she got.
She should have added some interest on the money sent instead

16 Likes

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Daddyyin: 12:23pm On Jan 04
MMM lady
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by yesloaded: 12:23pm On Jan 04
Twitter stories

Issokay

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by mariovito(m): 12:23pm On Jan 04
Ehen, did she lie?

She needed help out of financial quagmire and you guys came through.

Japa is the new goal, and it's quite sad.

12 Likes

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Naijaguy12345(m): 12:23pm On Jan 04
Who is the fool here ?

The family that played poor or you the mumu that donated handsomely to them ?

6 Likes

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by jiz: 12:24pm On Jan 04
So pe OTILO
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by jumokeadele(m): 12:24pm On Jan 04
ladies help each other more than guys
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by 4mee: 12:25pm On Jan 04
Haa.

This year, make una no lose guard o. No gree for anybody.

And if anyone begs you for money, send them the video below grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPk4YT3ta_4
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Skillsnigeria: 12:25pm On Jan 04
Okay
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by yemmight(m): 12:25pm On Jan 04
I am sure she will return in folds.
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Omooba77: 12:27pm On Jan 04
BrownEnvelop:
A Nigerian woman was left in shock after a former classmate and her family relocated to Canada months after donations were made to help the same family out of “financial problems”.

In a series of posts on social media the Nigerian lady said sometime in March 2023, she was added to a Whatsapp group .

She said that the admin of the group later informed everyone that the purpose for the group was to seek financial assistance for a former classmate of theirs whose husband had no job and she was pregnant with their third child.

The Nigerian lady said they all contributed immensely with the lowest donation being N50, 000 and the highest N500, 000. She said she was shocked on January 1, 2024 when she stumbled on the said lady and her family’s photos in Canada.

She said she reached out to the admin of the group to get some clarity and she was informed that the lady who was in dire need blocked her immediately after collecting the donations.

Credit; FOUNDATIONAL IGBO WOMAN

Source: FOUNDATIONAL IGBO WOMAN

You have offered her help, leave God to judgement.......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The New Apapa-Oshodi Expressway As Construction Works Continue - Photos / Cows Killed After Causing Accident In Rivers State (Photos) / Anambra Explosion: Delta State Fire Service Came To The Rescue (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.