Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates (39401 Views)

Lady Relocates From The UK To Nigeria To Enjoy Peace Of Mind / Young Lady Relocates To Dubai To Become House Girl, Replies Those Mocking Her / Cameroonian Man Excited As He Relocates From Poland To Nigeria For Better Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by teemy(m): 1:45pm On Jan 04
yemmight:
I am sure she will return in folds.

From the screnshots, seems she returned back the money and so I don't see the issue here.

Having someone you helped later do well in life should not 'shock' as to create an "how dare she" situation
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by BBIA: 1:48pm On Jan 04
Jeon:

Yeap, I slept a lot yesterday's afternoon.
Good morning.
You didn’t go out to sell again?
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by OlawaleBammie: 2:00pm On Jan 04
ahnie:
Here to Read Cum-ments!
Why do u like cum so much
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Gentlesoul2021(m): 2:02pm On Jan 04
BrownEnvelop:
A Nigerian woman was left in shock after a former classmate and her family relocated to Canada months after donations were made to help the same family out of “financial problems”.

In a series of posts on social media the Nigerian lady said sometime in March 2023, she was added to a Whatsapp group .

She said that the admin of the group later informed everyone that the purpose for the group was to seek financial assistance for a former classmate of theirs whose husband had no job and she was pregnant with their third child.

The Nigerian lady said they all contributed immensely with the lowest donation being N50, 000 and the highest N500, 000. She said she was shocked on January 1, 2024 when she stumbled on the said lady and her family’s photos in Canada.

She said she reached out to the admin of the group to get some clarity and she was informed that the lady who was in dire need blocked her immediately after collecting the donations.

Credit; FOUNDATIONAL IGBO WOMAN

Source: FOUNDATIONAL IGBO WOMAN

Are u saying you that donated are in naija while the lady being donated to don dey obodo oyinbo... Hah e b things
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Shimbo96(m): 2:05pm On Jan 04
I think she wants to pay you back your money? Collect your money back and leave her alone. If she tell you what she wants to do with the money, I doubt it if you will give it to her then? True or false?
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by ABC101FF: 2:11pm On Jan 04
I don't understand, someone was in need, you donated heavily the least being 50k and the most being 500k in a whatsapp group of about 25 people. Do you expect them to squander the money? Y'all gave them much more than they needed and they invested and secured a better future. Which kind bad belle post be this?
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by SAMAJ: 2:12pm On Jan 04
jamesversion:
8 months from when they donated for her is a long time. Maybe things picked up financially for the woman & husband which enabled them to travel to Canada.

I know someone who by July 31st had no shishi in his account. He got a contract job in August, that by Dec 31 he had a cool N5M chilling in his account.

The story said they are celebrating 8 months in Canada.
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Franklyspeakin: 2:24pm On Jan 04
At leaset she refunded, thank God
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Manpasman: 2:27pm On Jan 04
She tried to repay back at least it is only one sin she committed now what of our own WhatsApp group they used AI to chop us mugu and want to chop second one before we find out
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by LalastiklaIa(m): 2:33pm On Jan 04
Watinhapen:
What the woman did was bad but then again she only used common sense knowing fully well that if she asked for a loan to travel to Canada no one will help. Nigerians only help when they feel pity for you and also feel that they’re above you. The only way to make them feel good about helping you is when you tell them that you’re sick, or don’t have money to feed. No one will give you money to upgrade yourself.

I swear walai talai you've said it all. No one will give you money to upgrade yourself
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by LAXconfidential(m): 2:36pm On Jan 04
Akano5:

not every story is fake, i have been begging people to give me money to go get an android phone to learn digital skills even if it's just 45k (itel 4G phone), they don't look at my way al all...

did i fabricated my story? hell no

Do you have issues with comprehension?
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Dybala11(m): 2:39pm On Jan 04
Mrfeel:

Leave God to judge what exactly? Someone needed help you helped the person, you later see the person doing fine probably from the help you rendered and you feel bad ? These is the problem with we Nigerians , we want poor people to remain poor forever and continue begging us for money
The problem isn't really with her relocating abroad, the problem is with her doing so via a fraudulently. If you really think that there's nothing wrong with what the lady did, then you need to question your values. Hope you won't bring up your children to be fraudulent individuals o. 🙄🙄

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by dettolgel: 2:48pm On Jan 04
teemy:

From the screnshots, seems she returned back the money and so I don't see the issue here.

Having someone you helped later do well in life should not 'shock' as to create an "how dare she" situation

Na she and Canadian embassy go sort that one out. I don't know why our people like playing smart.
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Myhusband(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04
Omooba77:

You have offered her help, leave God to judgement.......

what judgement in the first place?

when they donated to her, was their conditions in the donations, she must be restricted in a particular location because she was helped? no be somebody helped those that helped her?

in conclusion if she doesn't travel out she will still resort to the begging when billing held that money here in naija

people should learn to help and move on, if you can't help people then don't help, no one is forcing anybody.

nobody make it with either divine help or human help, so what's the fuss ?
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by NSK4U(m): 2:56pm On Jan 04
ahnie:
Here to Read Cum-ments!

You really love cum
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by AzaHub(f): 3:00pm On Jan 04
This is top financial crime, obtaining under false pretence. You can sue her.

Join Azà Hub to see how to be more vigilant and avoid all forms of scams and frauds next time.

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Mrfeel: 3:01pm On Jan 04
Dybala11:

The problem isn't really with her relocating abroad, the problem is with her doing so via a fraudulently. If you really think that there's nothing wrong with what the lady did, then you need to question your values. Hope you won't bring up your children to be fraudulent individuals o. 🙄🙄
The lady back in March 2023 cried out that she's passing through financial problem cause her husband is jobless and she's pregnant with her 3th child, any evidence to prove that this wasn't her situation back in March 2023 ? It could be her situation at that time

Ok they contributed to help her , she made good use of the money , and later relocated to Canada and those who once helped her feel she lied , is it only rich people that can relocate to Canada? My cousin sister and her husband are about to relocate to Canada, in fact the husband moved there in 2023 already and he has already worked on the papers to move his wife and kids this year , they were struggling here in Nigeria cause the husband was working with an NGO when the NGO closed down he was jobless , my sister was selling foodstuffs like garri , beans , dried fish to survive

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Mrfeel: 3:03pm On Jan 04
AzaHub:
This is top financial crime, obtaining under false pretence. You can sue her.

Join Azà Hub to see how to be more vigilant and avoid all forms of scams and frauds next time.
So your evidence will be that she relocated to Canada so whatever situation that she was passing through back in early 2023 was false?
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by sylve11: 3:05pm On Jan 04
ahnie:

Me too... There's light so I m cooking.
I slept alot too yesterday Noon.

Oniovo, you and Jeon don turned Slippers? wink cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by Akano5(m): 3:05pm On Jan 04
LAXconfidential:

Do you have issues with comprehension?
no, it's because of my phone bro
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by teemy(m): 3:05pm On Jan 04
dettolgel:

Na she and Canadian embassy go sort that one out. I don't know why our people like playing smart.

Oh!
I get the point now. the contribution wasn't originally a loan she lent but a trick to get them to contribute it out for her.
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by AzaHub(f): 3:07pm On Jan 04
Mrfeel:

So your evidence will be that she relocated to Canada so whatever situation that she was passing through back in early 2023 was false?
Not really. Every donor needs explanation.

Let her clear her name. Blocking people is red flag.

What did you do with our contribution? Simple question.

There's indirect allegation here. She's not convicted. People feel cheated and lied to.

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by sylve11: 3:21pm On Jan 04
Watinhapen:
What the woman did was bad but then again she only used common sense knowing fully well that if she asked for a loan to travel to Canada no one will help. Nigerians only help when they feel pity for you and also feel that they’re above you. The only way to make them feel good about helping you is when you tell them that you’re sick, or don’t have money to feed. No one will give you money to upgrade yourself.

True! cool
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by erniok(m): 3:26pm On Jan 04
MarketDispatch:
Scammers may have hacked the lady's phone
Was thinking so until she repaid the "loan". Something scammers can never do.
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by jubrilELsudan: 3:32pm On Jan 04
READING THIS JUST PROVES ONE THING THAT THE MIND AND HEART AND SOUL OF A NIGERIAN IS NATURALLY EVIL AND WICKED

THIS EVIL FRIEND ASSUMED HER FRIEND IN NEED WAS FINISHED AND NOTHING GOOD WILL STILL HAPPEN IN HER LIFE HENCE SHE FEELS SO PAINED THAT THEY CAN RELOCATE TO CANADA

THEY DONATED MONEY TO HER IN MARCH AND THEY RELOCATED JANUARY THE FOLLOWING YEAR.....CAN ANYONE GET CANADIAN VISA IN SUCH A SHORT SPACE OF TIME FROM START TO FINISH FOR A WHOLE FAMILY?

THE PAIN OF THIS WINTCH IS THAT HER FRIEND DIDN'T TELL HER THEY WERE PROCESSING THEIR CANADIAN PR ROUTE JAPA

INDEED THEY WERE IN NEED....AND THEIR PR CAME OUT SOMETIME AFTER THE DONATIONS

THIS FRIEND IS SUCH AN EVIL PERSON AND HER GRIEVANCE IS THAT HER NEEDY FRIEND DIDN'T TELL HER ABOUT THEIR JAPA PLANS AND SHE FEELS SHE IS ENTITLED TO THAT INFORMATION BECAUSE SHE DONATED MONEIES TO THEM

THIS ASHAWO WINTCH IS EVEN SAYING SHE WOULD HAVE THEM DEPORTED BUT WHAT THE FOOL DOESN'T KNOW IS THAT BY LAW ONCE YOU ADMIT THE MONEY YOU GAVE TO SOMEONE WAS A DONATION....WHAT EVER THAT PERSON CHOOSES TO DO WITH THE MONEY IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

1 Like

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by AzaHub(f): 3:33pm On Jan 04
jubrilELsudan:
READING THIS JUST PROVES ONE THING THAT THE MIND AND HEART AND SOUL OF A NIGERIAN IS NATURALLY EVIL AND WICKED

THIS EVIL FRIEND ASSUMED HER FRIEND IN NEED WAS FINISHED AND NOTHING GOOD WILL STILL HAPPEN IN HER LIFE HENCE SHE FEELS SO PAINED THAT THEY CAN RELOCATE TO CANADA

THEY DONATED MONEY TO HER IN MARCH AND THEY RELOCATED JANUARY THE FOLLOWING YEAR.....CAN ANYONE GET CANADIAN VISA IN SUCH A SHORT SPACE OF TIME FROM START TO FINISH FOR A WHILE FAMILY?

THE PAIN OF THIS WINTCH IS THAT HER FRIEND DIDN'T TELL HER THEY WERE PROCESSING THEIR CANADIAN PR ROUTE JAPA

INDEED THEY EERE IN NEED....AND THEIR PR CAME OUT SOMETIME AFTER THE DONATIONS

THIS FRIEND IS SUCH AN EVIL PERSON AND HER GRIEVANCE IS THAT HER NEEDY FRIEND DIDN'T TELL HER ABOUT THEIR JAPA PLANS AND SHE FEELS SHE IS ENTITLED TO THAT INFORMATION BECAUSE SHE DONATED MONEIES TO THEM

THIS ASHAWO WINTCH IS EVEN SAYING SHE WOULD HAVE THEM DEPORTED BUT WHAT THE FOOL DOESN'T KNOW IS THAT BY LAW ONCE YOU ADMIT THE MONEY YOU GAVE TO SOMEONE WAS A DONATION....WHAT EVER THAT PERSON CHOOSES TO DO WITH THE MONEY IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS
Lmao

Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by erniok(m): 3:34pm On Jan 04
Dybala11:

It all depends. They could have been hungry then but were not expecting how much they got. She said some even sent 500k. At that point, there were 2 options. 1.eat and beg tomorrow. 2. Utilize the funds judiciously which I think they did.

My problem was blocking the admin. She could have explained herself and they choice they made so they don't need to beg next time.
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by AnietiePictures: 3:51pm On Jan 04
You are completely right

I read such stories for entertainment just like I do watch skirts...... believe social media stories from content creators at your own risk

LAXconfidential:
Twitter and fake stories that never happened be like 5&6. Nigerian influencers will forge anything for engagements so as to share a slice of Elons money. All manner of foolery and fake news is flying up there.
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by sben2308(m): 3:58pm On Jan 04
BrownEnvelop:
A Nigerian woman was left in shock after a former classmate and her family relocated to Canada months after donations were made to help the same family out of “financial problems”.

In a series of posts on social media the Nigerian lady said sometime in March 2023, she was added to a Whatsapp group .

She said that the admin of the group later informed everyone that the purpose for the group was to seek financial assistance for a former classmate of theirs whose husband had no job and she was pregnant with their third child.

The Nigerian lady said they all contributed immensely with the lowest donation being N50, 000 and the highest N500, 000. She said she was shocked on January 1, 2024 when she stumbled on the said lady and her family’s photos in Canada.

She said she reached out to the admin of the group to get some clarity and she was informed that the lady who was in dire need blocked her immediately after collecting the donations.

Credit; FOUNDATIONAL IGBO WOMAN

Source: FOUNDATIONAL IGBO WOMAN

Am still surprised u claim u helped a woman in need and now she travelled out are u not happy ?
Did u Help her cuz u want her to remain in poverty ?
Did u help her cuz u need social emotional support ?
Did u help her to brag about it to eveyone?
Re: Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates by jamesversion: 4:03pm On Jan 04
SAMAJ:

The story said they are celebrating 8 months in Canada.

In that case, be like say she run dem Street oh. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Immigrants Exit Canada On Poor Housing, Healthcare, Job Prospects / Fatal Accident Along Sagamu-abeokuta Expressway, 2 Dead (disturbing Pics, Video) / Passengers Prefer Their Loads Inside Bus While They Sit On Top Of The Bus(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.