Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges (18116 Views)

Pastor Israel Oladele Ogundipe To Members: Invest In Your Future Before Church / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Gives N500k To Members Wgo Dropped 50 As Offering / What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by BouquiLake: 11:41am On Jan 03
Is the money not from the same tithe and offering given by members? The money did not grow on trees. Only takers will be shouting upandan, givers will be the ones to benefit more sad shocked shocked shocked.

Supremos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PizhyNItH4?si=UBZ-mhFMtByr-nof

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Gboom: 11:42am On Jan 03
lexy2014:

did the church that gave him the gifts tell you that the gifts were strictly meant for the less privileged?

is there anywhere he said that the money he is displaying is not the donations of some people?

how does the money being the donations of some people negate anything he said?
Any monetary or material gift that Churches give is always meant for those who are not well to do people. It's like a relief.

In most Nigeria Churches too, they give out to less privileged too. The always relief materials to prison, hospital, orphanages etc because they don't publicize it, you guys are quick to judge them.
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by obailala(m): 11:45am On Jan 03
Cantonese:

Oga reason with sense.

Money is given by people. The church is made of people like you. The church in UK your OP talked about is made up of Nigerians like you and him, who gave the money. Do not be myopic like him. People gave in the church and the money was given to those who needed it to help them enjoy their Christmas.

If your church did not do the same, then there must be similar people like you who do not give, but only expect to receive. That must you congregate with stingy people like you.

Na so e be.
You seem to be triggered by what the Timi guy said... He never said the money used for the gifts wasn't donated by humans; I wonder where you got that assumption from. Also, no one is saying some Nigerian churches don't give, but you can never compare the level of giving of Nigerian churches to some of these foreign ministries. The key point he made which is general knowledge is that Nigerian churches can do better at giving back to the poor.
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Quebec91(m): 11:46am On Jan 03
Cuz TB joshua was an Excemplary man of God that his focus preaches On LOVE which is what Jesus himsepf came down to preach to his people. Love, love love but churches like Winners preaches Prosperity(money)
and other churches too so what do you expect? 🤷‍♂️
Generalmystic:
In Nigeria, the reverse is the case. Thy would rather squeeze money out of the poor than give to the poor. It was only late prophet TB Joshua that mastered the act of giving to the poor, since he died no other church has carried on in that ministry.
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by aylipple: 11:52am On Jan 03
The Church in Nigeria has been turned into a punching bag by mostly Christians who have had an un-Christ like experience with some of these Churches.

Many Churches in Nigeria every day render one form of assistance or the other to their members who are in need; just because the churches don't do it for the cameras or the beneficiaries themselves don't speak out on social media doesn't mean this isn't happening.

My Church during the Christmas gave bags of rice, groundnut oil, Maggi, salt, tomato pastes & cash to widows, the elderly & struggling youths; this is aside paying medical bills for members in the course of the year among others.

Yes, the experience with some of Churches can be better and should've been but just because you'd a terrible experience with your local church doesn't warrant a blanket condemnation of all Churches in Nigeria.
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by ibinaboonline: 11:56am On Jan 03
Let me explain how this works. For example, God asked Abraham to give Him his only child. By your reasoning, how can a God who created human beings need Abraham's child? Why doesn't He just make one for Himself? Right? Well, It's not about what God needs but what You need. And what you need is to demonstrate your humility, gratitude, and subjection to God. For example, the fact that Abraham was willing to sacrifice his child JUST BECAUSE GOD ASKED HIM TO was a signal, a demonstration of his submission and worship of God. You're right, God doesn't need money. What will He use it to buy? But money is the main currency to measure value in the modern world. This is why you can also offer God other things with value that aren't money. In the times of old, value was mostly measured by the number of animals you own. That's why Israelite offerings to God were mainly animals. Did God eat the animals? No, but He received them as acceptable. Interestingly, Solomon is praised for giving God a thousand cattle, but he didn't actually give the animals to the priest or distribute them to the poor. He could have done so and God would accept it. But I find it interesting that Solomon merely slaughtered the animals for everyone to feast and celebrate in honor of the God who has blessed and given Israel victory over its enemies. And the Bible records that God was so moved by Solomon's offerings that He came to Him and said, "Make a wish. Anything. I'll do it for you." Remember what I said, Solomon didn't give the animals to the priest or distribute them to the poor. He slaughtered them for a feast. So, apparently, it's not about the pastor you gave it or if God came and took it from you and returned to heaven with your offerings. It's the fact that Solomon was WILLING TO SPEND THAT MUCH in the name of God. Remember the woman who "wasted" expensive perfume on Jesus' feet. It's about her willingness to "lose" the expensive perfume because of Jesus. I can go on and on, but I'm sure you get the idea.
Shalom.
Righthussle:
If our GOs do the same, how will they maintain their private jets ?

Meanwhile, you don buy your own pure blood of Jesus ?

Guys stop giving these pulpit bandits your hard earned money. Whoever or whatever made the universe will NEVER EVER EVER NEVER need your money for A N Y T H I N G whatsoever.

Any god that needs money for anything should use his power to collect it from CBN or IMF or better still sit down and create money in any currency for himself. I won't give shishi to any god through anybody.

Your god is fake if he demands money from you

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Tohsynetita1: 12:09pm On Jan 03
Let's not be deceived, Majority of Nigerians churches doesn't give. Am a Christian and I know what am saying. Though we know those that will give will get money from somewhere but there are those that are already made and have money already but doesn't give. Giving is heart Sha but someone that called himself a pastor should do, that's why pastor suppose to have good job. But majority of them see pastoring as job whereby the owner of their church (GO's) has other jobs that fetch him money.
Yes, God wants us to give secretly, and according to this video, they giver doesn't publicize the gift but the receiver. So, you can't blame the church in America or wherever he's. And with the way world is, you hardly do something secretly, because media in the church will pick every news.

So, it will be very hard to give something secretly. Imagine RCCG giving its members 5k, even if the church doesn't announce it, the member will do out of amusement and if church doesn't announce, how will some members benefits?
In one RCCG church in Ogbomoso, students told pastor to assist them in part of their school fees by telling the church members. Pastor said no money in church purse but that week Pastor selected executive to pay 50k each for his 50th birthday.
I don't know if some students had extra year due to that effect. So, birthday is more information than exam that is once in a year. You won't believe after that, pastor told members to raise money for his new car. Imagine.

We are shouting church gives but secretly, didn't we see how all of them were giving federal government millions of naira during Corona period. You can check internet and see how much those big pastors gifted federal government, whereby their bonafide members were suffering. Yet, they claimed federal government embezzle money, and they still go ahead and give them money. To be embezzle or what?

What happened to getting account number of all members and sending if it's just 1k, it's something. I know a G.O that gave federal government 10 million naira. Where some church members were starving,some were laid off.

Well, it's well. Make everyone dey do wetin him like. God dey.
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by lakefist(m): 12:32pm On Jan 03
Supremos:
Truthfully speaking, many Nigerian churches has made going to church unattractive to people.

From the moment you step feet into the church up until you left, it's all about money money money, giving giving giving.
No time for indepth teaching of the word of God or praise and worship.

That £100 he got was donated by members of his Church too. You can’t take giving away from Church. It is part of it for the progress of the church and community at large.
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by emmy512: 12:35pm On Jan 03
ahnie:
I once attended a church years ago looking for miracle,only for the yoppie pulpit Bandits to tell us to buy canes(pankere) and all those small children balls and instructed us to keep flogging the balls for our miracles.

That our miracles will come if we by any chance succeeded in deflating the well pumped up balls with our canes.

Another time we were told to lock our room and use the cane (pankere)to flog invisible air...e go get where you go floor air reach...eyes go begin turn you upandan.

Churches should step up by caring for their members,so many persons are going thru alot.

Lolxx

One I went said we should keep sugar and if ants don't come means our prayers have been answered otherwise no
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Chee59(f): 12:36pm On Jan 03
Continue paying first fruit. Pastor must cash out.
Sheep
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by ahnie: 12:36pm On Jan 03
grin
emmy512:

One I went said we should keep sugar and if ants don't come means our prayers have been answered otherwise no
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by lakefist(m): 12:39pm On Jan 03
Enddy50ty:
But this guy is a content creator, how do we believe this..??

Some Nigerian churches do this too… it may not be as much as £100 pounds (#150,000 naira) but some Nigerian churches do give out alms.

There’s one pastor in the north, pastor Jeremiah or so, then late pastor T.B Joshua of blessed memories.

They usually do these things without much publicity, even some billionaires in my state do it for their people too..

Many churches do it in Nigeria. Even the UK wey he Dey talk how many of the Churches gave out gifts? Not many. So, because my church wey I Dey attend for uk no give me gift for UK make I call them out, yet I still pay offering willingly?

The guy is a content creator and would cash out big on this because many gullible Nigerians would jump on it to rubbish Churches in Nigeria.
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by sageb: 12:46pm On Jan 03
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by emmy512: 12:49pm On Jan 03
ahnie:
grin
Normally ants suppose follow sugar but I never see any before so where the ant go comot from
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by lexy2014: 12:53pm On Jan 03
Gboom:

Any monetary or material gift that Churches give is always meant for those who are not well to do people. It's like a relief.

In most Nigeria Churches too, they give out to less privileged too. The always relief materials to prison, hospital, orphanages etc because they don't publicize it, you guys are quick to judge them.

off point. that is not what I asked you.

1. did the church that gave him the gifts tell you that the gifts were strictly meant for the less privileged?

2. is there anywhere he said that the money he is displaying is not the donations of some people?

3. how does the money being the donations of some people negate anything he said?

4. who are the "you guys" you are referring to?
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Cantonese: 1:03pm On Jan 03
obailala:
You seem to be triggered by what the Timi guy said... He never said the money used for the gifts wasn't donated by humans; I wonder where you got that assumption from. Also, no one is saying some Nigerian churches don't give, but you can never compare the level of giving of Nigerian churches to some of these foreign ministries. The key point he made which is general knowledge is that Nigerian churches can do better at giving back to the poor.

See, when some talk about churches, they do not seem to realize that churches are populated by people. The guy talk about the church and not the people.

The Nigerian economy cannot in anyway be compared with the economies of the top countries. However that does not make Nigerians less givers than citizens of other countries. If our currency is at par with their, our giving will definitely match and surpass theirs. Let’s not abuse ours. In the face of our poor economy, Nigerians are among the biggest givers in the world.
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Gboom: 1:05pm On Jan 03
lexy2014:

1. did the church that gave him the gifts tell you that the gifts were strictly meant for the less privileged?

2. is there anywhere he said that the money he is displaying is not the donations of some people?

3. how does the money being the donations of some people negate anything he said?

The church needs not tell you that the gift is meant for poor people, but your mentality is making you to feel the gift is meant for the everybody
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Righthussle: 1:05pm On Jan 03
ibinaboonline:
Let me explain how this works. For example, God asked Abraham to give Him his only child. By your reasoning, how can a God who created human beings need Abraham's child? Why doesn't He just make one for Himself? Right? Well, It's not about what God needs but what You need. And what you need is to demonstrate your humility, gratitude, and subjection to God. For example, the fact that Abraham was willing to sacrifice his child JUST BECAUSE GOD ASKED HIM TO was a signal, a demonstration of his submission and worship of God. You're right, God doesn't need money. What will He use it to buy? But money is the main currency to measure value in the modern world. This is why you can also offer God other things with value that aren't money. In the times of old, value was mostly measured by the number of animals you own. That's why Israelite offerings to God were mainly animals. Did God eat the animals? No, but He received them as acceptable. Interestingly, Solomon is praised for giving God a thousand cattle, but he didn't actually give the animals to the priest or distribute them to the poor. He could have done so and God would accept it. But I find it interesting that Solomon merely slaughtered the animals for everyone to feast and celebrate in honor of the God who has blessed and given Israel victory over its enemies. And the Bible records that God was so moved by Solomon's offerings that He came to Him and said, "Make a wish. Anything. I'll do it for you." Remember what I said, Solomon didn't give the animals to the priest or distribute them to the poor. He slaughtered them for a feast. So, apparently, it's not about the pastor you gave it or if God came and took it from you and returned to heaven with your offerings. It's the fact that Solomon was WILLING TO SPEND THAT MUCH in the name of God. Remember the woman who "wasted" expensive perfume on Jesus' feet. It's about her willingness to "lose" the expensive perfume because of Jesus. I can go on and on, but I'm sure you get the idea.
Shalom.

You just wasted your time typing stories you read in your story book.

Oga, any human that says the maker of the universe needs your money for anything whatsoever is a thief.

Any book that suggests or teaches that the creator of the universe wants your money for anything is a book written by thieves to steal from the unwise.
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by lexy2014: 1:14pm On Jan 03
Gboom:

The church needs not tell you that the gift is meant for poor people, but your mentality is making you to feel the gift is meant for the everybody

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by lexy2014: 1:17pm On Jan 03
Cantonese:

See, when some talk about churches, they do not seem to realize that churches are populated by people. They guy talk about the church and not the people.

The Nigerian economy cannot in anyway be compared with the economies of the top countries. However that does not make Nigerians less givers than citizens of other countries. If our currency is at par with their, our giving will definitely match and surpass theirs. Let’s not abuse ours. In the face of our poor economy, Nigerians are among the biggest givers in the world.

who are the "people" and who are the "church"?

what is the difference?
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Cantonese: 1:19pm On Jan 03
Mayeldah:

You are still not getting it, show me a church in Nigeria that takes care of its members once in a while? mention the name. Even when they do sometimes to new members and some children, the aim is to draw members to the church not to follow the pattern set by the early church were they sell their belongings and share proceed to all that have
The so called schools you mentioned is scam on its own. who owned the money used to build these schools? is it the pastor's money? No matter the standard they wish to attain for the school, members should pay a highly discounted fee. The early church brought schools and hospitals and they trained our parents for free. yet our GOs feels they are closer to God than the early missionaries.

It is Christlike to expose evil no matter who is involved, that Muslims chooses to cover up evil when their imams are involved does not mean we Christians should do same. We will continue to call them out until they repent and change

Not everyone that says' God says', 'God told me', ' I just heard from God' are children of God. Jesus already told us that in the last days there will be many false prophets and teachers.

Study your bible to understand the trick of the devil and not be deceived by sheer 'God of men'

You seem to be out of touch with reality about the church and how things work. You appear to have chosen the wrong side of the divide and stuck to it.

If the church does not draw members to it, how can the word spread and how can the church give to those who are in need? You are a Christian either because your parents are or that someone shared the message with you. Without coming under that roof, how do you expect to enjoy the benefits?

Are you not aware that many sell their belongings to donate, as it was in the old days? No one compels anyone. They are moved of their own volition to do it.

Do you understand what the word scam is? If the schools were “scam” as you said, how are they still functioning and dishing out quality education to students? Who has been defrauded. Are you not aware that all Christian schools award scholarships to the less privileged?

If I freely give you money, should I go round to say that the same money still belongs to me, and arising from that I MUST have an entitlement from whatever you do with the money? If you have donated in your local church or given your offerings, whatever happens thereafter to the usage no longer is your business. If you want your children to attend the schools, then you must either pay the fees or go through the scholarship door.

The early church brought schools, called missionary schools and all the fees were paid. Go and check please. Students paid schools fees, boarding fees and also for books. You may please ask the older generation around you for the fact. None of the schools were for free. And by the way, why are they still not for free today?

Please go around and find out that the church gives employment, pays bills and gives plenty financial handouts daily.
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by shadrach77: 1:29pm On Jan 03
Enddy50ty:

Some Nigerian churches do this too… it may not be as much as £100 pounds (#150,000 naira) but some Nigerian churches do give out alms.

There’s one pastor in the north, pastor Jeremiah or so, then late pastor T.B Joshua of blessed memories.

They usually do these things without much publicity, even some billionaires in my state do it for their people too..
Thank you. It's as if you read my mind. I don't believe him. Some churches are generous but to.start dishing out money to the members - don't they have bills to pay? cry
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by lexy2014: 1:34pm On Jan 03
Gboom:

off point

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Andrea781: 1:39pm On Jan 03
Supremos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PizhyNItH4?si=UBZ-mhFMtByr-nof

Redeem church don hide. Na their hand work, first fruit church.
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Lamasta(m): 1:49pm On Jan 03
Cantonese:
Shameless fellow.

If not for poor thinking or complete lack of common sense, the ode should have realized that the money given away by the church was donated by people. The church is made up of people. If people did not donate, where would he have found such money?

And by the way if no be say e no get shame, how is he in the UK and proudly showing off money wey dem dash dem. No be say e no get shishi be that? Why not kuku return to Nigeria and live peacefully? Na there e go dey hide for paper join. See him head like guinea fowl head.

Don't they donate money in Nigerian churches Is it a sin if they give back to the poor and downtrodden
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by ibinaboonline: 2:31pm On Jan 03
Apparently, my efforts seems wasted on you. That seems obvious. But then again, that's precisely the point. I devoted that much time BECAUSE OF GOD, to explain His precepts to those who need it. On you it might be wasted, but God accepts my efforts (offering). Knowing this, I'll do it again. And again. And again. That's why I'm a born again Christian. Shalom.
Righthussle:

You just wasted your time typing stories you read in your story book.

Oga, any human that says the maker of the universe needs your money for anything whatsoever is a thief.

Any book that suggests or teaches that the creator of the universe wants your money for anything is a book written by thieves to steal from the unwise.
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by obailala(m): 3:07pm On Jan 03
Cantonese:

See, when some talk about churches, they do not seem to realize that churches are populated by people. The guy talk about the church and not the people.

Nigerians are generous no doubt, but I wouldn't know about Nigerians being one of the best givers in the world.

Regarding the subject, we're referring to Nigerian churches, not necessarily Nigerian individuals; the focus here is on the level of charity giving by Nigerian churches compared with non-Nigerian (mainly white populated) churches. Just to clarify something, the level of charity giving has absolutely nothing to do with the economy of the country.

I live in the UK and have attended numerous 'oyibo' and Nigerian churches. I belong to a Nigerian church family that does a decent level of charity giving to the community every single week. But I wouldn't see 'black' and call it 'white' for the sake of patriotism.... Truth is that in general, there's absolutely no ground for comparison between the level of charity giving by oyibo churches vs. Nigerian churches. The report is also similar from several friends and family in Canada. It's also ironic that in these oyibo churches, they rarely even call for members to give, as opposed to how things are in Nigerian churches abroad.
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Psady(m): 3:23pm On Jan 03
Vinnie2000:

Nigerians with Entitlement Mentality. undecided

So Pple now go to Church to Receive Food and Gifts?

Dat's why I like Churches like Catholic, Anglican, Winners Chapel, etc that DON'T give their members Shishi. sad sad
Just because they don't make noise or publicise doesn't mean they don't give ,what u don't know ,u don't know.But I can tell u ,they do it also but just some selected set gain from it.
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by kunle75(m): 5:33pm On Jan 03
Supremos:
Truthfully speaking, many Nigerian churches has made going to church unattractive to people.

From the moment you step feet into the church up until you left, it's all about money money money, giving giving giving.
No time for indepth teaching of the word of God or praise and worship.

Church na scam for Naija but someday people will wake up
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by realoscar84(m): 6:07pm On Jan 03
How does this dude talk this fast and his words very clear?
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Dybala11(m): 7:09pm On Jan 03
Supremos:
you used the word appalling, I used boring, both are simply showing disinfection.
Disaffection or disinfection??
What are you disinfecting, shey na micro-organisms dey cause am ni? 😂😂😂😂
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Tyktoker: 8:42pm On Jan 03
Forget that your story! Any help rendered to members by welfare department or outreach by the whole church is well documented in video and audio to present to their foreign donors where they would in turn get multiple times what they spent. Don't tell us any story about new age, pentecostal, word of faith cult churches and their cult leaders from oyedepo,adeboye, olukoya and their proteges. The same way African Islam hold Quran on one hand and dagger on the other hand same way mega pentecostal churches with bible on one hand and envelopes on the other hand. If you tell about Catholic I can listen
Enddy50ty:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

1000 Clerics: 'God Revealed That Buhari Is The Chosen One' (Video) / Does God Choose A Spouse For You? / Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.