Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges (18091 Views)

Pastor Israel Oladele Ogundipe To Members: Invest In Your Future Before Church / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Gives N500k To Members Wgo Dropped 50 As Offering / What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Supremos: 7:32am On Jan 03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PizhyNItH4?si=UBZ-mhFMtByr-nof

A Nigerian Comedian Timi, who's based in the UK has alleged that the Church he attends in the UK, Destiny Church, gave out One hundred pout (£100) and other food items totalling over £150,000 to members of the church for Christmas.
The excited timi is comparing Nigerian churches who would rather demand for first fruit of the year, to UK church that's giving to support members.

19 Likes

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Supremos: 7:32am On Jan 03
Truthfully speaking, many Nigerian churches has made going to church unattractive to people.

From the moment you step feet into the church up until you left, it's all about money money money, giving giving giving.
No time for indepth teaching of the word of God or praise and worship.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Supremos: 7:32am On Jan 03
More photos

1 Share

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by ahnie: 7:36am On Jan 03
But in my Country the reverse is the case where they'll rip you off with different offering schemes and tithes.

The Angel that brought me to this country next week me and you go sit and talk and you go give me valid reasons why you made me a citizen of this country?

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by PlayMaker14: 7:36am On Jan 03
I love how this guy narrates some of his experiences over there.

I call him the Black Eminem (200 words per second) grin

But he's just right.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Supremos: 7:37am On Jan 03
ahnie:
But in my Country the reverse is the case where they'll rip you off with different offering schemes and tithes.

The Angel that brought me to this country next week me and you go sit and talk and you go give me valid reasons why you made me a citizen of this country?
Exactly. Sometimes going to church becomes boring because you already know what they want to talk about

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by ahnie: 7:40am On Jan 03
Going to church has never been boring to me,just that the way some of those pulpit bandits fleece worshippers is appalling.
Supremos:
Exactly. Sometimes going to church becomes boring because you already know what they want to talk about

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by PlayMaker14: 7:43am On Jan 03
I attended the crossover service at a church close to my house, and after the whole religious ritual of shouting Happy New Year, lite up candles and shaking your neighbor sitting close to you, the pastor then ordered us to bring out our first fruit of the year..... I knew where this was going grin

I bone, the Shege wey I see last year nor let me plant any fruit.

All these while, the lady sitting close to me at the overflow was just murmuring some words; “Hey God, and I nor carry money come oh”

Immediately I heard her saying this, I just laughed and focused on typing my Happy New Year Message on my WhatsApp status.

Fear nor let am ask me to give her one Naira for first fruit, na timber land boots and jean jacket with head warmer I wear enter church, so, she maintain. 😄

This is how most pastors in Nigeria cash out.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Supremos: 7:43am On Jan 03
ahnie:
Going to church has never been boring to me,just that the way some of those pulpit bandits fleece worshippers is appalling.
you used the word appalling, I used boring, both are simply showing disaffection

7 Likes

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by ahnie: 7:45am On Jan 03
I just noticed it.
Supremos:
you used the word appalling, I used boring, both are simply showing disinfection.

3 Likes

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Truths9ja: 7:46am On Jan 03
Can we experience it in Nigeria church niii
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by ahnie: 7:50am On Jan 03
I once attended a church years ago looking for miracle,only for the yoppie pulpit Bandits to tell us to buy canes(pankere) and all those small children balls and instructed us to keep flogging the balls for our miracles.

That our miracles will come if we by any chance succeeded in deflating the well pumped up balls with our canes.

Another time we were told to lock our room and use the cane (pankere)to flog invisible air...e go get where you go floor air reach...eyes go begin turn you upandan.

Churches should step up by caring for their members,so many persons are going thru alot.

Lolxx

44 Likes 9 Shares

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Supremos: 7:57am On Jan 03
ahnie:
I once attended a church years ago looking for miracle,only for the yoppie pulpit Bandits to tell us to buy canes(pankere) and all those small children balls and instructed us to keep flogging the balls for our miracles.

That our miracles will come if we by any chance succeeded in deflating the well pumped up balls with our canes.

Churches should step up by caring for their members,so many persons are going thru alot.

Lolxx

2 Likes

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by JASONjnr(m): 7:57am On Jan 03
"Omo" don suffer for this guy content.....☺️☺️☺️

1 Like

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Supremos: 8:07am On Jan 03
JASONjnr:
"Omo" don suffer for this guy content.....☺️☺️☺️
Lol 😂
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by NoahHadNoArk: 8:31am On Jan 03
Timi, Madonna University Alumni

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Generalmystic: 9:09am On Jan 03
In Nigeria, the reverse is the case. Thy would rather squeeze money out of the poor than give to the poor. It was only late prophet TB Joshua that mastered the act of giving to the poor, since he died no other church has carried on in that ministry.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by westlius(m): 9:51am On Jan 03
Generalmystic:
In Nigeria, the reverse is the case. Thy would rather squeeze money out of the poor than give to the poor. It was only late prophet TB Joshua that mastered the act of giving to the poor, since he died no other church has carried on in that ministry.
OPM dos d same too
Am not a member if OPM but the few times I was there, after the church service, the pastor call on people without transport and food for the week to assemble themselves and the give them several items.
I also know he operates free Primary and Secondary school.
His schools are well equipped and totally free.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by G00dharddick: 10:03am On Jan 03
In Nigeria they'll prophecy doom and wait for you to come and meet them to make payment and avert the prophecy. Scammers everywhere

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Enddy50ty(m): 10:03am On Jan 03
But this guy is a content creator, how do we believe this..??

Some Nigerian churches do this too… it may not be as much as £100 pounds (#150,000 naira) but some Nigerian churches do give out alms.

There’s one pastor in the north, pastor Jeremiah or so, then late pastor T.B Joshua of blessed memories.

They usually do these things without much publicity, even some billionaires in my state do it for their people too..

4 Likes

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by free2ryhme: 10:04am On Jan 03
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by SharingIsLife(m): 10:04am On Jan 03
Alleges?
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by LordGuru1: 10:05am On Jan 03
Okm
Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Samneer: 10:05am On Jan 03
Who's this?
This dude is annoying as hell.
He was nearly reported to the authorities late 2023 for showing off cash (untaxed) he got from a care job. Speaks from both sides of his mouth. He needs to learn that not all business should be put out on social media.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Vinnie2000(m): 10:06am On Jan 03
Nigerians with Entitlement Mentality. undecided

So Pple now go to Church to Receive Food and Gifts?

Dat's why I like Churches like Catholic, Anglican, Winners Chapel, etc that DON'T give their members Shishi. sad sad

1 Like

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by Righthussle: 10:06am On Jan 03
If our GOs do the same, how will they maintain their private jets ?

Meanwhile, you don buy your own pure blood of Jesus ?

Guys stop giving these pulpit bandits your hard earned money. Whoever or whatever made the universe will NEVER EVER EVER NEVER need your money for A N Y T H I N G whatsoever.

Any god that needs money for anything should use his power to collect it from CBN or IMF or better still sit down and create money in any currency for himself. I won't give shishi to any god through anybody.

Your god is fake if he demands money from you

1 Like

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by CameroonPepper: 10:06am On Jan 03
Seun said it's an allegation even after seeing the evidence right there under his gay nose. No wonder the Islam section has an oath.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by christejames(m): 10:06am On Jan 03
Don't allow Nigerian churches see this one grin, there will change the narrative to suit them regardless

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by jojothaiv(m): 10:06am On Jan 03
ahnie:

Re: UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges by iramure(m): 10:06am On Jan 03
Who takes Nigeria churches serious these days?. Go there at your own peril!.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hell Fire Is NOT Real! Don't Be Deceived By Any Pastors: BIBLE PROOFS INSIDE. / Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters / Does God Choose A Spouse For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.