Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,088 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria (20974 Views)

Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) / Pepper Farming: Can You Imagine The Extent Of Loss Due To Lack Of Storage? (Vide / How To Start A Profitable Pepper Farming Business Complete Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by farem: 2:01pm On Jan 03
Totilopussylick:
shocked

In 19198, my grandma used to plant garden eggs. I was around 11yrs then didn't know much about farming but am always with my grandma in the farm doing everything she asked to do.

Can't remember how long it takes before harvesting it but we always smile to the bank after we're done.

After she passed away, i continued with the farming.

Today I am in Europe and all the money came from farming.

No look at the conditions, just focus and trust me. During harvesting moment, your neighbours will know that your food is done cool

When exactly were you 11? 1919 or 1918? Lol

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 2:02pm On Jan 03
sexyto:
Great job, but how do you get rid of whitefly?
it was raining so I didn't see much of the white fly
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 2:03pm On Jan 03
searchng4love:

Landsize?
less than 2plots

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by SirLakes: 2:05pm On Jan 03
somtovictor111:
no goat does not eat the leaves

Just put a call tru to one old man wey dey do farming like that and also told me they don't eat pepper

E be like say I go give this a try oooo

Thanks man cheesy
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by evaultra1: 2:05pm On Jan 03
Farming is my hobby and most especially livestock, I have space but I need capital to start up.
Anyone who's in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state and interested in partnership should call or message me on WhatsApp 09027966000

3 Likes

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Beestings: 2:08pm On Jan 03
This is beautiful. I believe everybody must do a degree of farming. Its just the way to go.
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Love800(m): 2:11pm On Jan 03
Hello.
If i go to austrialia, what kind of work can i get there?
NwaliE01:

I am in Sydney, Australia.
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by SirLakes: 2:17pm On Jan 03
When is the right time to plant?

Only in February or it could be anytime during the rainy season
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Babangidapikin: 2:27pm On Jan 03
somtovictor111:
I leased the land
okay thanks for the reply.
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by sexyto(m): 2:28pm On Jan 03
somtovictor111:
it was raining so I didn't see much of the white fly
OK, that is the major problem I have with pepper.
Did you suffer any theft?
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by nomaison(m): 2:36pm On Jan 03
It is profitable. We farm it during the dry season. Yours has double advantage because you harvest and sell when papper is scarce. Will give it a try. God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Sailee(m): 2:41pm On Jan 03
dominique:
Nice one! I tried planting peppers by pouring out the water used in washing them but e no gree germinate embarassed

Won't the peppers spoil in that type of tight packaging?

Same with me oo 😊

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 2:50pm On Jan 03
SirLakes:
When is the right time to plant?

Only in February or it could be anytime during the rainy season
anytime during the raining season but I choose February so I can harvest for long

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 2:50pm On Jan 03
sexyto:

OK, that is the major problem I have with pepper.
Did you suffer any theft?
no
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by poshestmina(f): 3:02pm On Jan 03
I get land Wey dey waste since . Thank you Op.

Where do I get the Seedling f1?
Can it grow on any type of land?

Please explain like you would to a toddler. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by 82man: 3:21pm On Jan 03
This year I'm going for cassava and pepper farming 🌶️

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by kindlyheart: 3:27pm On Jan 03
somtovictor111:
south

Is southern Soil this fertile?
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Error401: 3:31pm On Jan 03
This is the kind of thread I love to see.
Summarized and very clear pictures.

Pls can you state the time line?
Fertilizer application?
Insecticide application
Weeding?
Irrigation if applicable.
Staking if applicable.

Total cost per hectare, or your landsize so we can estimate a probable output.
Your response will be highly appreciated
somtovictor111:
Greetings farmers, In this thread I will explain how Easy and profitable pepper farming is though I won't be Explaining in details grin

I started off early last year around the end of February, I did my nursery of roughly 3000 seeds (I pack of the super habanero f1 & the f2) after the nursery process I had at least 2500 seedlings which i transplanted into a small black nylon bag due to the temperature and weather conditions and it made it. easier for me to manage, it stayed at the small nylon bag till it first rain, I have already prepared the land so i transplanted the pepper to field, though it was raining daily but it was enough for the pepper to keep surviving. few weeks after transplant it started producing flowers and bearing seeds during that time it happens to be raining at least twice a week and it made the pepper healthy. around 2nd week of June my pepper started ripping and my first harvest was four bags. I harvest my pepper weekly and it increases after each harvest, during that period pepper was very scarce, costly and Infact,i wasn't meeting up with the supply because of the demand of the pepper in my area, when it was at it peak production I harvested 13 bags consecutively for 6weeks which was shocking and a bag was sold a 19k per 25kg bag. I harvested my pepper for 4 months before the production began to reduce but was still profitable. After the total harvest I made a profit of 200% return on Investment .

Pepper is very easy to maintain as long as you are giving it the necessary requirements and has just 40% stress but the stress can't be compared to the joy of making money every week. grin

We go again this year grin

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by SirLakes: 3:35pm On Jan 03
How did you deal with pepper diseases, pest etc Can you please list what you used in controlling them?

Used any fertilizer?

How about weeding, was it done manually or with herbicide

What other challenges should get prepared for?
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Dennisochampa: 3:37pm On Jan 03
E just dey do me like say make I chop the pepper like this....
Very fresh....
Kudos...
If more youths can take to farming like this.... 9ja will be less dependent on oil which we have but we don't see and have no control over.....
May God grant us wisdom to drag 9ja out of poverty.... Amen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by blueghost(m): 3:53pm On Jan 03
wait o you dress corporate dey enter farm. wow grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by sulakishop(m): 3:56pm On Jan 03
Please where is your location and can you shed more light on materials like pesticides, fertilizer etc

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Yankee101: 4:01pm On Jan 03
Agriculture is the fastest way to make Legit money in nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by XAUBulls: 4:21pm On Jan 03
somtovictor111:
Greetings farmers, In this thread I will explain how Easy and profitable pepper farming is though I won't be Explaining in details grin

I started off early last year around the end of February, I did my nursery of roughly 3000 seeds (I pack of the super habanero f1 & the f2) after the nursery process I had at least 2500 seedlings which i transplanted into a small black nylon bag due to the temperature and weather conditions and it made it. easier for me to manage, it stayed at the small nylon bag till it first rain, I have already prepared the land so i transplanted the pepper to field, though it was raining daily but it was enough for the pepper to keep surviving. few weeks after transplant it started producing flowers and bearing seeds during that time it happens to be raining at least twice a week and it made the pepper healthy. around 2nd week of June my pepper started ripping and my first harvest was four bags. I harvest my pepper weekly and it increases after each harvest, during that period pepper was very scarce, costly and Infact,i wasn't meeting up with the supply because of the demand of the pepper in my area, when it was at it peak production I harvested 13 bags consecutively for 6weeks which was shocking and a bag was sold a 19k per 25kg bag. I harvested my pepper for 4 months before the production began to reduce but was still profitable. After the total harvest I made a profit of 200% return on Investment .

Pepper is very easy to maintain as long as you are giving it the necessary requirements and has just 40% stress but the stress can't be compared to the joy of making money every week. grin

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by XAUBulls: 4:22pm On Jan 03
somtovictor111:
8 bags in a day grin
Very impressive.
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by XAUBulls: 4:24pm On Jan 03
farem:

When exactly were you 11? 1919 or 1918? Lol
LMAO... grin That cracked me up.
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by 360command: 4:27pm On Jan 03
somtovictor111:
I don't have the package
make more money, reach more audience. Take your knowledge online. Tiktok and youtube or any social media. Keep uploading, keep talking..you do not need to show your face. Keep recording daily, create time-lapse as how it grew.
When you get audience, you have a new market to sell your pepper, seeds.. give yourself 9month on social media, you will see the result.

3 Likes

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by XAUBulls: 4:31pm On Jan 03
somtovictor111:
I harvest weekly form June to November
Interesting.
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by XAUBulls: 4:36pm On Jan 03
somtovictor111:
the seed planted was super habanero f1 around 57k for 1000 seeds, as I said I planted during the raining season so the only time Irrigated was when the pepper was still at the nursery stage and the super is a good disease resistance
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by maridrug(m): 4:58pm On Jan 03
somtovictor111:

Please give a whatsapp contact for followup
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Iluvmycontr3: 5:07pm On Jan 03
progressb4andno:
Bro, you harvests 8 bags of pepper per day in this economy.
Just go and start pricing range rover.

What concerns him with Range Rover now??

Hmm, that's the mentality of average Nigerian man tho..

#If Dangote had used 75% of his money or profits to buy the best cars in the 80's, he wouldn't hav bn anywhere close to where he is today...

#Success has a formula 🙏

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken / Get Your Nafdac Registration Number In 3months / 5 Top Benefits Of Cattle Colony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.