Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,987 members, 7,810,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria (20798 Views)

Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) / Pepper Farming: Can You Imagine The Extent Of Loss Due To Lack Of Storage? (Vide / How To Start A Profitable Pepper Farming Business Complete Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Mom007(f): 5:56pm On Jan 03
Just leave Nigerians. Only complain na im them sabi. Farming is the way! I always tell people, fix agriculture and you fix Nigeria. Agriculture is the only sector that can employ and create jobs for every other sector. Continue to ignore at your own peril.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by rashfat(m): 6:01pm On Jan 03
Zhunnurayn:

In which country do you think it is needed, and which country are you.

I export lichen to india

Can I private chat you?
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 6:22pm On Jan 03
ogbe88:
send me your what's app line, want to discuss something important.

Thanks.
here @+2348050203857
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 6:24pm On Jan 03
maridrug:

Please give a whatsapp contact for followup
@+2348050203857
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Yhinkss(m): 7:29pm On Jan 03
Having bought the seeds, can you use the seeds from the harvested plants a d still give the same results or you still have to buy the seed (hybrid) again for another planting
please what type of fertilizer or did you use to improve yield or nothing at all
how many seeds per hole u put
lastly, did you use heap or horizontal ridge for your cultivation?
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 7:52pm On Jan 03
Yhinkss:
Having bought the seeds, can you use the seeds from the harvested plants a d still give the same results or you still have to buy the seed (hybrid) again for another planting
please what type of fertilizer or did you use to improve yield or nothing at all
how many seeds per hole u put
lastly, did you use heap or horizontal ridge for your cultivation?
using the same seed from the harvested plant will give almost the same results but different quality.
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by okoroemeka(m): 9:53pm On Jan 03
Babangidapikin:
how did you arrive at 200% profit
as a professional farmer I am scratching my head over this figures because the pepper I know especially super habanero will do better than 200% roi,for instance such small turnkey project will not cost no more than #300k to harvest,15 bags weekly for 15 weeks is 78 bags,the remaining weeks will round it off to 100+ bags,which at a price of #15-19k we will have an average of #1.6 m,from this figures it is easy to conclude that 500% ROI was produced by that farm and on professionally managed pepper farm 1000% Roi is easily achieved,if you know what you are doing
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by ElonEmpire: 2:58am On Jan 04
somtovictor111:
Greetings farmers, In this thread I will explain how Easy and profitable pepper farming is though I won't be Explaining in details grin

I started off early last year around the end of February, I did my nursery of roughly 3000 seeds (I pack of the super habanero f1 & the f2) after the nursery process I had at least 2500 seedlings which i transplanted into a small black nylon bag due to the temperature and weather conditions and it made it. easier for me to manage, it stayed at the small nylon bag till it first rain, I have already prepared the land so i transplanted the pepper to field, though it was raining daily but it was enough for the pepper to keep surviving. few weeks after transplant it started producing flowers and bearing seeds during that time it happens to be raining at least twice a week and it made the pepper healthy. around 2nd week of June my pepper started ripping and my first harvest was four bags. I harvest my pepper weekly and it increases after each harvest, during that period pepper was very scarce, costly and Infact,i wasn't meeting up with the supply because of the demand of the pepper in my area, when it was at it peak production I harvested 13 bags consecutively for 6weeks which was shocking and a bag was sold a 19k per 25kg bag. I harvested my pepper for 4 months before the production began to reduce but was still profitable. After the total harvest I made a profit of 200% return on Investment .

Pepper is very easy to maintain as long as you are giving it the necessary requirements and has just 40% stress but the stress can't be compared to the joy of making money every week. grin

We go again this year grin

Please I have tried many times without success to germinate pepper and tomato seed.
Please can u educate me on how to do it
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by fashtos(m): 6:11am On Jan 04
somtovictor111:
Greetings farmers, In this thread I will explain how Easy and profitable pepper farming is though I won't be Explaining in details grin

I started off early last year around the end of February, I did my nursery of roughly 3000 seeds (I pack of the super habanero f1 & the f2) after the nursery process I had at least 2500 seedlings which i transplanted into a small black nylon bag due to the temperature and weather conditions and it made it. easier for me to manage, it stayed at the small nylon bag till it first rain, I have already prepared the land so i transplanted the pepper to field, though it was raining daily but it was enough for the pepper to keep surviving. few weeks after transplant it started producing flowers and bearing seeds during that time it happens to be raining at least twice a week and it made the pepper healthy. around 2nd week of June my pepper started ripping and my first harvest was four bags. I harvest my pepper weekly and it increases after each harvest, during that period pepper was very scarce, costly and Infact,i wasn't meeting up with the supply because of the demand of the pepper in my area, when it was at it peak production I harvested 13 bags consecutively for 6weeks which was shocking and a bag was sold a 19k per 25kg bag. I harvested my pepper for 4 months before the production began to reduce but was still profitable. After the total harvest I made a profit of 200% return on Investment .

Pepper is very easy to maintain as long as you are giving it the necessary requirements and has just 40% stress but the stress can't be compared to the joy of making money every week. grin

We go again this year grin
What variety sir?
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Xwizard: 6:18am On Jan 04
Let me help you drop more intel, I stay in a two bed apartment (rented) I’ve decieded to keep doing organic farming at my backyard to keep paying the rent for this year, while I proceed to cassava outside my house later this year.

All you need to do organic farming in ur house is to get sacks, cans, containers and get soil from anywhere, then all your food wastes, anything you can see as waste in your kitchen as manure

The water melon in the sacks are to decompose in the soil as manure.

See my small achievements below. These are just barely three weeks old pepper and tomatoes I planted for my backyard.

Na mumu go dey complain this year. I already advice you all last year on my last thread.
Am a very pouch guy oooo, but I did this myself for just four days. I will continue again this month. Need more acess to sacks.

2 Likes

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by collele(m): 6:25am On Jan 04
somtovictor111:
I leased the land

Size of the land
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Kehfie(f): 6:39am On Jan 04
ElonEmpire:

Please I have tried many times without success to germinate pepper and tomato seed.
Please can u educate me on how to do it
You're probably burying your seeds too deep in the soil. A light sprinkling of soil which just covers the seeds is sufficient. Also make sure your soil is not too heavy or full of stones. Water the seeds by sprinkling water on them. Do not allow soil dry out and do not overwater either. Try these and let us know how it goes.
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by dominique(f): 7:17am On Jan 04
Xwizard:
Let me help you drop more intel, I stay in a two bed apartment (rented) I’ve decieded to keep doing organic farming at my backyard to keep paying the rent for this year, while I proceed to cassava outside my house later this year.

All you need to do organic farming in ur house is to get sacks, cans, containers and get soil from anywhere, then all your food wastes, anything you can see as waste in your kitchen as manure

The water melon in the sacks are to decompose in the soil as manure.

See my small achievements below. These are just barely three weeks old pepper and tomatoes I planted for my backyard.

Na mumu go dey complain this year. I already advice you all last year on my last thread.
Am a very pouch guy oooo, but I did this myself for just four days. I will continue again this month. Need more acess to sacks.

This is very impressive. Kindly do a thread on this once they start yielding. Where did you get your soil, did you buy it?
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Xwizard: 7:44am On Jan 04
dominique:

This is very impressive. Kindly do a thread on this once they start yielding. Where did you get your soil, did you buy it?

We can maintain this thread na…. About the soil, all I do is wake up very early at 5:30am I and my girl go out with bako bag to get soil around. We make it less stressful just two or one trip, then we plant our soil after a week

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Yhinkss(m): 8:09am On Jan 04
Xwizard:

We can maintain this thread na…. About the soil, all I do is wake up very early at 5:30am I and my girl go out with bako bag to get soil around. We make it less stressful just two or one trip, then we plant our soil after a week
what did you plant in those bags or are they also pepper and tomatoes.
Are u going to transplant them. If not will the bag not limit their growth
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by dominique(f): 8:22am On Jan 04
Xwizard:

Creating a new thread will get a wider reach once it hits. I'll definitely be looking into this sack farming. I have some portion of land not far from me which is gathering dust (literally). I've always been interested in planting there but going there to tend to the crops isn't so convenient considering my jam-packed schedule. I'll definitely be looking into this sack farming. Sack is not an issue, the dog's food we buy comes in baggo sacks and I still have tens of them even after giving some out. They will be put to good use this year by God's grace
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Antibettings: 8:40am On Jan 04
Step 6: Drip Drop Delight - Installing Our Chilli Farm Irrigation System!

Hey fellow pepperheads! ️ We're making major progress on our chilli farm irrigation system, and today's all about step 6: laying down the drip tape. This beauty is gonna be a game-changer, delivering water directly to our thirsty chilli roots, one delicious drop at a time.

Now, the best part: Watching our chillies thrive as they get the exact amount of water they need, right when they need it. No more guesswork, no more wilting worries – just happy, healthy plants bursting with fiery potential!

✓ This drip tape system is a total game-changer for our farm:

✓ Saves water: No more wasteful splashing or runoff. Every drop goes straight to the roots.

✓ Saves time: Say goodbye to endless watering sessions! Your chillies get their hydration automatically. ⏰

✓ Boosts yields: Consistent water means happy plants, which means more and juicier chillies! ️

✓ Less stress: Relax and enjoy watching your farm flourish on autopilot.

If you're thinking about upgrading your own farm with an irrigation system, we highly recommend drip tape! It's affordable, easy to install, and makes a world of difference for your plants. We'll be back soon with step 7 – finishing touches and testing time! Stay tuned for more peppery goodness!

Share your own irrigation tips and tricks in the comments below! We'd love to hear how you keep your plants hydrated and happy.

Click the link below to watch the full process ;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVxOyZKg-Ok?si=f3V9gCgGZj_cg3DF

#chillifarming #irrigationsystem #driptape #diyfarm #sustainablefarming #waterwise #gardening #spicylife #growingchillies #happypeppers
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Xwizard: 9:32am On Jan 04
dominique:

Creating a new thread will get a wider reach once it hits. I'll definitely be looking into this sack farming. I have some portion of land not far from me which is gathering dust (literally). I've always been interested in planting there but going there to tend to the crops isn't so convenient considering my jam-packed schedule. I'll definitely be looking into this sack farming. Sack is not an issue, the dog's food we buy comes in baggo sacks and I still have tens of them even after giving some out. They will be put to good use this year by God's grace
Okay that’s understandable, I will start getting my documentation ready for another thread on this, probably around ending.

I just budgeted 5k for more sacks today, am resuming my 1hr daily planting again.

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Xwizard: 9:37am On Jan 04
Yhinkss:

what did you plant in those bags or are they also pepper and tomatoes.
Are u going to transplant them. If not will the bag not limit their growth
Like I said, am also a novice but trying from my backyard was my idea since last year. So I only planted red pepper. Tomatoes and Ugu.
By next week I will try coco yam, and more pepper.

I do not plan to transplant them, no land for that. The organic farming is for my household only. Right now am gathering experience alround to start my Mechanized farming for cassava this year. That cassava is less stressful and difficult to steal away compare to pepper. I believe the sacks should old the pepper.

Am open to any new experiences

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 10:15am On Jan 04
fashtos:

What variety sir?
super habanero f1
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 10:17am On Jan 04
Kehfie:

You're probably burying your seeds too deep in the soil. A light sprinkling of soil which just covers the seeds is sufficient. Also make sure your soil is not too heavy or full of stones. Water the seeds by sprinkling water on them. Do not allow soil dry out and do not overwater either. Try these and let us know how it goes.
do not expose it to too much of sun light because they do affect the seed.
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Kensab: 10:18am On Jan 04
Pls sir can u mentor me?I really wanna go in to this I'm from Benue...
somtovictor111:
8 bags in a day grin
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 10:24am On Jan 04
Xwizard:

Like I said, am also a novice but trying from my backyard was my idea since last year. So I only planted red pepper. Tomatoes and Ugu.
By next week I will try coco yam, and more pepper.

I do not plan to transplant them, no land for that. The organic farming is for my household only. Right now am gathering experience alround to start my Mechanized farming for cassava this year. That cassava is less stressful and difficult to steal away compare to pepper. I believe the sacks should old the pepper.

Am open to any new experiences

Planting pepper in sack is a bad idea, I have tried it once and the outcome was not encouraging, pepper has a fibrous roots, with time the root get bound by the stack making it to stop growing and pepper has a long maturity period of 3-4 months and lasts upto 1 year depending on your management
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Kensab: 10:28am On Jan 04
Pls sir can I chat you up on WhatsApp or mail u? 07038489151 is my number or sabohkenshima@gmail.com is my email....pls reply me
somtovictor111:

Planting pepper in sack is a bad idea, I have tried it once and the outcome was not encouraging, pepper has a fibrous roots, with time the root get bound by the stack making it to stop growing and pepper has a long maturity period of 3-4 months and lasts upto 1 year depending on your management
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 10:34am On Jan 04
Kensab:
Pls sir can I chat you up on WhatsApp or mail u? 07038489151 is my number or sabohkenshima@gmail.com is my email....pls reply me
you can message me @+2348050203857
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Eyinju112(f): 10:41am On Jan 04
somtovictor111:
less than 2plots

I have never thought farming can be this profitable. But with your analysis I think I'm liking the idea. I'm a very young lady and I work in the building industry, so I don't have the energy for farming, but then can I employ people to do it for me or it's something I must watch closely
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Eyinju112(f): 10:47am On Jan 04
somtovictor111:
less than 2plots

I had never thought farming can be this profitable. But with your analysis I think I'm liking the idea. I'm a very young lady and I work in the building industry, so I don't have the energy for farming, but then can I employ people to do it for me or it's something I must watch closely
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Kensab: 11:38am On Jan 04
somtovictor111:
you can message me @+2348050203857
thanks so much sir...I'm so grateful....
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by mariahAngel(f): 2:17pm On Jan 04
somtovictor111:
8 bags in a day grin

This is lovely. Well done. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

How long did it take before they began to yield?
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Xwizard: 2:21pm On Jan 04
somtovictor111:

Agreed but that depends on the size of sack used, plus I’ve seen many people do it successfully even here on Nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Must You Live In The City? Why Village Life Is Better!! / Bountiful First Harvest In My Tomato Farm / In Nigeria, We Love Building Houses More Than Agriculture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.