Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities (20344 Views)

Subscribers Kick As Telcos Seek Fg’s Nod To Increase Tariffs / Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN / USSD: MTN Snubs Banks, Links 77 Million Subscribers To FINTECH Platforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by Sijo01(f): 1:24pm On Jan 03
Got their SMS a while ago.

They want to start disturbing us with unnecessary stress again

3 Likes

Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by bablon20(m): 1:33pm On Jan 03
If it's not BVN it will be NIN. It shall not be well with all our bad leaders.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by UptownVibes(m): 1:37pm On Jan 03
If they block my sim.. I will buy a new one.. They are all stupid. Nonsense

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by Verbtips(m): 1:39pm On Jan 03
Each year with e own pro gringringringringrin since 2015 till date YOU WAN FIGHT crime shey fulani the use phone

3 Likes

Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by Lemos14: 1:43pm On Jan 03
Galaticos444:
I jst got d message like 5mins ago that my MTN will b blocked cos it's linked with my NIN

Ignore them. I've been ignoring them for 3 years in a row. When government is tired they will find something else to do.

2 Likes

Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by Lemos14: 1:46pm On Jan 03
ThatHausagirl:
Na so dem thief my 6 naira this morning😏😏

Which line do you use? I use mtn and they didnt take any money for sending me that message. I always ignore those nin messages. Government is always looking for a way to keep Nigerians busy and their attention away from them.

4 Likes

Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by ThatHausagirl(f): 1:49pm On Jan 03
Lemos14:

Which line do you use? I use mtn and they didnt take any money for sending me that message. I always ignore those nin messages. Government is always looking for a way to keep Nigerians busy and their attention away from them.

MTN. I had to...
Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by JONSYN7154: 1:51pm On Jan 03
wunmi590:

It is really disheartening still seeing messages on my phone every day telling me to link my NIN, something I've done since last year..

Nothing ever works in this country, just few seconds ago, my glo network completely went dumb, I couldn't make calls, telling me the network is not registered on the network, still experiencing it until now..

I had to resorts to MTN network, but yet, still not functioning properly

It a shame
same thing with. I registered my line long ago and I got an sms from mtn to register my line again.
Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by pretydiva(f): 1:53pm On Jan 03
Was shocked when I got the message from glo Dec 26. Biko this people shouldn't stress me o

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by wunmi590(m): 2:01pm On Jan 03
JONSYN7154:
same thing with. I registered my line long ago and I got an sms from mtn to register my line again.

Those people are mad

2 Likes

Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by Trustedpronet: 2:12pm On Jan 03
Cac want to strike out registered companies, NIN is coming back again. What exactly is Nigeria problem, who cursed us. Who is benefiting from inflicting Hardship on us. On God I trust.

3 Likes

Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by LaSenior: 2:14pm On Jan 03
No wonder MTN promised me 20k if I linked my number

They promised me 20k cash hmmmmm

Tomorrow am going to nin office to complete my data because the Said the data in my nini isn't complete
Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by yinkeys(m): 2:34pm On Jan 03
Mtn don unregister number wey i don register properly since 2021
Probably because I don’t use it to surf the net or what

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:56pm On Jan 03
in togo,benin repub,gambia,senegal,etc. THERE YOU BUY SIM AND USE,WITHOUT NIN PALAVER. NIGERIA IS ADVANCING WITH NIN FOR SECURITY AND ECONOMIC PLANNING.
Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by Uchedizzy(f): 3:06pm On Jan 03
I taught am alone on this
Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by Achoghim: 3:54pm On Jan 03
They unlinked everyone and are now charging N20 to generate what they term virtual NIN (VNIN). Money for Gbola’s yacht must be completed, whether we like it or not

2 Likes

Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by Keme4Real(f): 3:58pm On Jan 03
Seems the new minister in charge is just as dumb as the previous one Pantami. And I be think say this new guy get sense.

The only sensible person so far in this administration is that immigration guy that fixed the passport delay issues fast.

Everybody else are dumb idiotic mofos

4 Likes

Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by TheSpellChecker: 4:08pm On Jan 03
Uchedizzy:
I taught am alone on this

Thought, not taught.

Taught is the past tense of teach.

Thought is the past tense of think.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by Boldideas: 4:41pm On Jan 03
The fraud with NIN recently is that they now make money through remita by asking you to recapture all over again that your information is missing😈

So if N1,000 multiplies by 10,000,000 people going through recapturing their information twice that'll lead to about N20billion Naira. 😈😈😈

And you call it free.. This is nothing but evil!!!! How can you say the Remita one paid for has expired?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by TollinsN: 4:43pm On Jan 03
So many people unknowingly bought pre registered SIM. Those people by the road side selling SIM cards will do a DEMO as if you are being truly registered by collecting your DATA and BIOMETRICS. It's all a make believe action.
If you want to check after buying the SIM just call customer care and tell them you've just bought the SIM with (Your Name) and they should help you to confirm. You will be amazed with the reply.
I have once bought one like that (AIRTEL) at the gate of IKEJA LOCAL GOVERNMENT. When I called the customer care. I was told not to use the SIM to call again and that I should throw the SIM away immediately. And this is a SIM I cut myself from the SIM holder.
I have once bought another (9 MOBILE) at SANGO OTA UNDER BRIDGE after calling the customer care I was asked to go their Nearest customer care to complain, which I did because the office is few metres away from there. They simply collect the SIM remove all re Installed information and update it with our own. They said it is possible because we have only make less than 5 calls on it.
And again lọts of students have linked their JAMB registration with strangers mobile numbers. During National synchronisation and sharing of data. There will be problems with so many SIMS
This government should brace up and clean all this anomalies to reduce/forestall security problems across the country
Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by Mayeldah(m): 5:30pm On Jan 03
There should be a link to get this done, to avoid crowds at the update centers

Na who do us this thing for Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by Truvelisback(m): 5:48pm On Jan 03
wunmi590:

It is really disheartening still seeing messages on my phone every day telling me to link my NIN, something I've done since last year..

Nothing ever works in this country, just few seconds ago, my glo network completely went dumb, I couldn't make calls, telling me the network is not registered on the network, still experiencing it until now..

I had to resorts to MTN network, but yet, still not functioning properly

It a shame
I'm confused too. I have linked my NIN to my sim since 2021 or 2022.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by MalaikaEH(f): 6:22pm On Jan 03
If a person under 18 years old cannot lawfully own a SIM in his name, pre-registered SIMs will continue to be bought and sold.
Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by wunmi590(m): 6:39pm On Jan 03
Truvelisback:
I'm confused too. I have linked my NIN to my sim since 2021 or 2022.

Those people are mad
Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by Uchedizzy(f): 7:00pm On Jan 03
TheSpellChecker:

Thought, not taught.
thanks
Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by Uchedizzy(f): 7:06pm On Jan 03
TheSpellChecker:

Thought, not taught.
Thanks for the correction
Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by femidigital(m): 7:08pm On Jan 03
AMAUCHESKY:
What have we achieved with the initial blocking.. I beg
Bad addiction is more deadly than Cancer.. You need a councillor @ via my signature

Are you a politician? cool
Councillor - council - Political
Counselor - counsel - Adviser/Therapist
Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by Emekuz256(m): 9:32pm On Jan 03
I never see my broda. Sebi fuel now Dem wan increase am to 1200 per litre abi 😤😤
Natbrowny:
Mention one normal thing in this country's policy.

JUST ONE. I DEY WAIT
Re: Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities by folake4u(f): 9:40pm On Jan 03
The message was sent to my MTN line. I'm tired of linking my NIN to the SIM card when it doesn't work. I can't make calls on the SIM but people can call me.

If they finally block the line, Gloryyyyy. Anybody wey wan reach me go use NIPOST. undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unlock Ur E303,e173 and any ZTEs modem / Nairaland Frontpage Update Notification App For Blackberry (beta) / How To Stop Random Apps From Automatically Installing On Your Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.