Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. (3683 Views)

Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High / Today's Exchange Rate Is About To Hit 1200 / Expected Petrol Pump Price Drops To N114.53 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by aderadio1: 12:40pm On Jan 03
This punch headline is scarring. I am already feeling pity for those of you in Nigeria because it's about to get Mercier.

Irrespective of your divide you must tighten your seat belt this year to survive what is about to be unleashed.

When I read a post yesterday about Bismarck Rewane's comment on subsidy, I suspected that something is about to happen on pump price. This morning Punch came out with this headline.

What is the way forward guys. Rough ride continues as no hope in sight.

Allah have mercy.
Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by aderadio1: 12:41pm On Jan 03
X
Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by accordadoga28(f): 12:42pm On Jan 03
Hehehe

OK, Chibuzor

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by matify83: 12:54pm On Jan 03
All the talks about domestic refinement of crude not having any impact on products pricing to my mind is their way of preparing us for the ominous fate that will befall us by way of pump prices of petroleum products.

At 1200 naira, over 80% of Nigerian will be under economic waters and anarchy may envelope the country.

Even the most ardent supporters of Asiwaju will require economic oxygen to prevent being asphyxiated.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by Acidosis(m): 12:55pm On Jan 03
Trust Nigerians, we'll adjust.

In the first few weeks following the price hike, Nigerians will scream online, abandon their cars, and complain about empty streets.

After about a month or two, the cars will return. The typical heavy traffic will return as more people would have downgraded their living expense to mitigate the impact of fuel hike. From buying Ariel and Omo soap, they'll switch to Good Mama and Waw. Those who cook Okro with prawns, snail, and turkey, will adjust and shift to cray fish (those dirty types with plenty impurities). cheesy grin From eating 2-3 meals a day, more people will switch to 1.

More miracle centres will fix church programmes here and there as fewer people will be willing to spend money on drugs and clinical consultancy.

KFC has already introduced plantain (dodo) to their menu. Chicken Republic has introduced egg. cheesy This time, they'll be forced to introduce garri and akara. grin

Tribe A will blame Tribe B. B will respond with more blame games.

We'll do everything but protest...

57 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by ambale(m): 1:16pm On Jan 03
APC boys will buy lesser, so be ready for strong defense from them

Many of them have stopped doing business since their messiah came in but will come online to defend him

Let's see how they react to the increment now

4 Likes

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by Acidosis(m): 1:21pm On Jan 03
The main goal.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by aderadio1: 1:41pm On Jan 03
ambale:
APC boys will buy lesser, so be ready for strong defense from them

Many of them have stopped doing business since their messiah came in but will come online to defend him

Let's see how they react to the increment now
Do not politicise this issue. Jagaban to me is still better than the other two he contested with.
The problem now is for all of us to tackle irrespective of who one supported of voted for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by aderadio1: 1:42pm On Jan 03
Acidosis:

The main goal.
Will protest solve the problem?
Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by troytino: 1:50pm On Jan 03
aderadio1:
Do not politicise this issue. Jagaban to me is still better than the other two he contested with.
The problem now is for all of us to tackle irrespective of who one supported of voted for.

ode!!

17 Likes

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by Ikaeniyan0: 1:57pm On Jan 03
Acidosis:

The main goal.
This is the kind of format Jonathan used
Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by Ddeliverer007(m): 2:03pm On Jan 03
Ikaeniyan0:
This is the kind of format Jonathan used

Which type is tinubu going to use? F😂😂🎚

5 Likes

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by ambale(m): 2:07pm On Jan 03
aderadio1:

What have I politicized?

His actions are proving absolutely otherwise

What's the solution to buying fuel for #1200 if I may ask, cos me sef need that solution ooo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by johnmartus(m): 2:18pm On Jan 03
Liar.
Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by very4tune8: 2:46pm On Jan 03
aderadio1:

It is because you are not in Nigeria. If you were to be in Nigeria you won't be talking about politising the issue. Tell me, In what way is Tinubu better than the other opponents you stated. Now that the country has been taken aback. Is this how Tinubu is better? You for come stay for Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by Schoolshooter: 2:47pm On Jan 03
Buy bicycle and trek the trekable in fact I'm planning to launching an app like dating + ehailing app but for trekking
I'm midst of development, expect it soon on the app store

Buy a bio digester and turn your trash to fuel
I've a 56kwh bio gester and I turn cassava peels to run my fan and desktop PC

Buy a bike dynamo and convert yuur energy to fuel
Bonus point if you're fat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by Olatara(f): 3:34pm On Jan 03
Acidosis:

In the first few weeks following the price hike, Nigerians will scream online, abandon their cars, and complain about empty streets.

After about a month or two, the cars will return. The typical heavy traffic will return as more people would have downgraded their living expense to mitigate the impact of fuel hike. From buying Ariel and Omo soap, they'll switch to Good Mama and Waw. Those who cook Okro with prawns, snail, and turkey, will adjust and shift to cray fish (those dirty types with plenty impurities). cheesy grin From eating 2-3 meals a day, more people will switch to 1.

More miracle centres will fix church programmes here and there as fewer people will be willing to spend money on drugs and clinical consultancy.

KFC has already introduced plantain (dodo) to their menu. Chicken Republic has introduced egg. cheesy This time, they'll be forced to introduce garri and akara. grin

See how you describe all of us grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by Ikaeniyan0: 3:36pm On Jan 03
Ddeliverer007:

Which type is tinubu going to use? F😂😂🎚
The type Tinubu will use will make price of petrol become 50 kobo per litre grin

1 Like

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by Melagros(m): 3:37pm On Jan 03
Hahaha wahala dey ooh for those supporting the evil farty

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On Jan 03
Acidosis:
â–  We'll do everything but protest...
Indeed... everything but! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by btaliat(m): 3:47pm On Jan 03
Schoolshooter:
Buy bicycle and trek the trekable in fact I'm planning to launching an app like dating + ehailing app but for trekking
I'm midst of development, expect it soon on the app store

Buy a bio digester and turn your trash to fuel
I've a 56kwh bio gester and I turn cassava peels to run my fan and desktop PC

Buy a bike dynamo and convert yuur energy to fuel
Bonus point if you're fat

And what are the things government should swift to? Or you want the citizens to go through all these to adjust to the situation and the government should continue living fat abi.

God, protect our leaders, just replace the followers with the ones that have brains.

4 Likes

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by Schoolshooter: 3:51pm On Jan 03
btaliat:

And what are the things government should swift to? Or you want the citizens to go through all these to adjust to the situation and the government should continue living fat abi.

God, protect our leaders, just replace the followers with the ones that have brains.

Leave government do your part

Government cannot do anything without people taking matters into their hands and if people do that, it'll cost plenty blood shed which people don't want

They rather remain poor than shed blood

Are you ready to see a revolution happening in Nigeria??
Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by Qadaffi2idiamin: 3:53pm On Jan 03
One question; where is the corn promised by the corn god?

we said don't vote criminals they said no, he built Lagos.

We said he is a certificate forger, they said no, he has 1st class in Accounting.

We vote beyond tribal lines but they took cutlass and thugs to areas dominated by non indigenes to threaten them.

Omo Karma is bitch!

It will get to a point where those who support criminality and criminals will be lynched even along party lines.

Happy 2024!

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by stacyadams: 3:56pm On Jan 03
Acidosis:

. Hahaha

It is finished grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:57pm On Jan 03
buha gav his broda our dollars to build refinery,he paid oyinbo the same dollars that is scarce now tht devalued naira.So where is the benefit now to Nigeria? You ppl don't ask right questions,you just rant like dummies angry

1 Like

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by Nightwolf1: 4:02pm On Jan 03
aderadio1:

Jagaban is better than Atiku and Obi? You see why presidential debate is good. This is why it is important to have it in other to give you a practical assessment of candidate's mental productivity.

If you aren't mentally deficient like Tinubu, how can Tinubu be better than Peter Obi?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:03pm On Jan 03
aderadio1:
This punch headline is scarring. I am already feeling pity for those of you in Nigeria because it's about to get Mercier.

Irrespective of your divide you must tighten your seat belt this year to survive what is about to be unleashed.

When I read a post yesterday about Bismarck Rewane's comment on subsidy, I suspected that something is about to happen on pump price. This morning Punch came out with this headline.

Allah have mercy.
Pity yasef first if you are in foreign land as second class citizensbuha gav his broda our dollars to build refinery,he paid oyinbo the same dollars that is scarce now tht devalued naira.So where is the benefit now to Nigeria? You ppl don't ask right questions,you just rant like dummies.PTinubu knows what he is doing for sure,he doesn't want to launch a manhaunt.Nigeria is being delivered from 23years misrule by do or die politrickcians. angry

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by madscientist88(m): 4:15pm On Jan 03
even when dangote refinery commence production in Nigeria,the only thing ive seen close to petrol on that list is, diesel and then jet fuel,ive made some funny suggestions before, I said Nigeria could buy petrol refineries abroad,it would still be way cheaper if we own a private oil refinery in America or any country, with the advent of electric cars lots of petrol refineries in USA and some European countries have gone bankrupt and have put these refineries for sale, Nigeria can buy at about 5-6 billion dollars,just to refine fuel for Nigeria,instead of buying refined petrol and selling it to us,how difficult is that? building a new refinery takes 15 year and costs about 15 billion dollars in todays monetary value, building it is one thing, making it work is another,i hope they would come up with some reasonable idea soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by SensualMan1(m): 4:26pm On Jan 03
Tinubu is doing a good job. Fuel according to market forces should sell around 4k a litre in Nigeria considering what we buy here in the UK.
Tinubu is a good man.
My yoruba brothers are happy!
That small boy peter obi has learnt his lessons.
On his mandate we shall stand!

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Jan 03
SensualMan1:
Tinubu is doing a good job. Fuel according to market forces should sell around 4k a litre in Nigeria considering what we buy here in the UK.
Tinubu is a good man.
My yoruba brothers are happy!
That small boy peter obi has learnt his lessons.
On his mandate we shall stand!
4k a litre or a gallon? What market forces you dey quote abeg! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by hstar: 5:39pm On Jan 03
Acidosis:

Dem manna, eriggs, Nlpolicewoman

What do you have to say about this

Abi u go cry to them moderators again

Oya, come defend what you are being paid for

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Pump Price About To Hit 1200 Naira. by ClearFlair: 5:48pm On Jan 03
aderadio1:

Allah have mercy.

It is still cheap na. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing / How to shut down Nigeria - lessons from MASSOB / Interesting Statistics From Jamb.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.