Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing (3675 Views)

Popular APC & Tinubu Supporter, Cries Out Over High Cost Of Goods In Nigeria / The NAF Plane Landed In Kaduna Before Crashing & Going Up In Flames / One Dollar Is NOT N184 As Google Suggests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by Breatheon: 7:15pm On Mar 28
All the blame was put on dollar rise. Now that the same dollar is crashing, why prices of goods not also crashing?

I bought a bottle of coca-cola (coke) for N550 today, as against last week that was N500.

What is going in this country?

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by successmatters(m): 7:17pm On Mar 28
Let us see if its sustainable first, do you want me to reduce prices today and when the dollar returns to #1,900 then I will rush and raise prices again?

We the producers are not as inconsistent as your FG.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by Richtaiwo: 7:18pm On Mar 28
Your own na small. I bought a bottle of Fanta yesterday at N3800. Today, I bought same bottle of Fanta at N7400. Na game of who lie Pass.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by nairalanda1(m): 7:22pm On Mar 28
Well, we aren't earning enough dollars and your government is not doing much about it except to paint the pig that is our bad economy white and pretend it's a πŸ¦„ unicorn

25 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by budaatum: 7:24pm On Mar 28
You all need to state how many litres in this your bottles so we can compare like for like.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by muhammaduyusufu: 7:24pm On Mar 28
It's greed . Nothing else.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by Verbtips(m): 7:27pm On Mar 28
Breatheon:
All the blame was put on dollar rise. Now that the same dollar is crashing, why prices of goods not also crashing?

I bought a bottle of coca-cola (coke) for N550 today, as against last week that was N500.

if you bought goods when dollar is 1400
and dollar suddenly crash to 500
you expect price to also crash
dey play
gringrin
IT WILL TAKE UPTO 9 WK

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by kahal29: 7:31pm On Mar 28
Breatheon:

It's called the theory of sticky prices in Economics

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by Father4all: 7:49pm On Mar 28
I wonder ooo

1 Like

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by Breatheon: 8:02pm On Mar 28
Richtaiwo:
Your own na small. I bought a bottle of Fanta yesterday at N3800. Today, I bought same bottle of Fanta at N7400. Na game of who lie Pass.

You really think I lied?
Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by Paraman: 8:04pm On Mar 28
nairalanda1:
Well, we aren't earning enough dollars and your government is not doing much about it except to paint the pig that is our bad economy white and pretend it's a πŸ¦„ unicorn
What's Botswana and Guinea producing? Why's their currency not falling like the naira did?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by GodHimself: 8:17pm On Mar 28
There’s a broad range of people on Nairaland.

By their posts ye shall know them.

Breatheon:

You really think I lied?

1 Like

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by MadamExcellency: 8:17pm On Mar 28
Paraman:
What's Botswana and Guinea producing? Why's their currency not falling like the naira did?

People refuse to understand that trust is integral part of sustainable growth and economic development. Naira lost the trust of Nigerians and it will take a while to restore the credibility.

The money I have in my dollar account was bought at the rate of N768 per dollar.

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by Aboks(m): 8:20pm On Mar 28
Naija 4 u
Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by CodeTemplar: 8:22pm On Mar 28
nairalanda1:
from what I understand, manufacturers have produced and have warehouses filled up but buyers are not forthcoming. The dollar is also going for lesser than it used to four five weeks ago. Those factors may not be enough to crash prices of import dependent manufactured goods.
What I find strange is food prices not going down relative with dollar-naira. Harvest of since last year were inflated almost immediately because international prices have shifted with weakening of Naira but why aren't they doing a reverse shift with dollar rates now?

1 Like

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by CodeTemplar: 8:24pm On Mar 28
Paraman:
They may not produce much but importing less relative to the export is the key here. We are giants of Africa, yet a poverty capital.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by BondRiv: 8:29pm On Mar 28
Greed is going on.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by mymadam(m): 8:30pm On Mar 28
GodHimself:
There’s a broad range of people on Nairaland.

By their posts ye shall know them.
πŸ’―
Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by Tallesty1(m): 8:32pm On Mar 28
Breatheon:

How exactly is dollar crashing?

1 Like

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by anyilalaz: 8:33pm On Mar 28
Custom duty has not step down.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by pquaver(m): 8:34pm On Mar 28
Verbtips:
if you bought goods when dollar is 1400
and dollar suddenly crash to 500
you expect price to also crash
dey play
gringrin
IT WILL TAKE UPTO 9 WK

But same good u bought when dollaes was 500 u immediately increased the price when dollar rose to 1900 abi? Dey play

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by Paraman: 8:41pm On Mar 28
CodeTemplar:
They may not produce much but importing less relative to the export is the key here. We are giants of Africa, yet a poverty capital.
We exported more than what we imported last year.
Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by OGwales(m): 9:15pm On Mar 28
Can you imagine we Nigerians, we are really unbelievable. Yes, when dollar increased it didn't take 24hours before people started adding price, now Dollar reduced the prices of things haven't reduced an inch. Later una go dey shout Tinubu.

Since I was born, I have never seen when the price of a commodity reduced after increased, not even pure water πŸ’¦

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by GentryAbi: 9:26pm On Mar 28
I thought ibos won't complain? You celebrated by mocking others when the prices was going up and now you want it down?

1 Like

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by Donaldoni: 9:27pm On Mar 28
anyilalaz:
Custom duty has not step down.

Exactly!

The custom duty is now equivalent to the exchange rate.

That's why things are expensive

Before, it used to be 500-900

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by Donaldoni: 9:30pm On Mar 28
OGwales:
Can you imagine we Nigerians, we are really unbelievable. Yes, when dollar increased it didn't take 24hours before people started adding price, now Dollar reduced the prices of things haven't reduced an inch. Later una go dey shout Tinubu.

Since I was born, I have never seen when the price of a commodity reduced after increased, not even pure water πŸ’¦

Thank you

Nigerians are savagely greedy

They sell old stock at the new rates in the market because of the very stupid argument that they need to restock when they are done selling

In actual fact, they cash out and don't really restock as much as they used to because the demand will definitely drop as the market reacts.

5 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by OfficialAPCNig: 9:33pm On Mar 28
Freshyo used to be #400 but yesterday they told me the new price is #600. I thought it was a joke. I went to the second shop and they told me the price is #700 while it's #600 at the third shop.

Something is not adding up

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by talk2hb1(m): 9:36pm On Mar 28
E tire me

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by aguluobi: 9:46pm On Mar 28
So it is now trust n not what we produce again.

I laugh when the multitude of obidient Ipob on NL comment, I laugh because each n everything you say is predetermined in bigotry hate n outright foolishness. Your comment below is a typical example.

MadamExcellency:

People refuse to understand that trust is integral part of sustainable growth and economic development. Naira lost the trust of Nigerians and it will take a while to restore the credibility.

The money I have in my dollar account was bought at the rate of N768 per dollar.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by Verbtips(m): 10:30pm On Mar 28
pquaver:

But same good u bought when dollaes was 500 u immediately increased the price when dollar rose to 1900 abi? Dey play
as a bizness man will you like to put your self at disadvantage
Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by Kloenboi: 11:01pm On Mar 28
Goods that were bought when the Naira was N1900 to a dollar
Re: Dollar Is Crashing But Prices Of Goods Are Increasing by VinnyBaba: 11:07pm On Mar 28
Very true, OP.πŸ‘

Prices of foodstuffs and Household still remain the same. undecided

Hungry Man size Indomie is N900!

Only N100 reduction from the N1000 prize. sad

Tinibu no Try at all. πŸ˜•

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Signs Human Rights Commission Bill Into Law / Boko Haram Sponsored By Libya, Chad, Niger And Northern Sudan. / Lagos N8bn Sunborn Yacht Deal, Bad Business β€” APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.