Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,452 members, 7,836,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Argentina To Honor Messi After Retirement By Retiring No. 10 Jersey. - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina To Honor Messi After Retirement By Retiring No. 10 Jersey. (28402 Views)

Recent Photos Of Samir Nasri After Retirement / Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey / Callum Hudson-Odoi Wants Hazard’s No.10 Jersey If He Leaves For Madrid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina To Honor Messi After Retirement By Retiring No. 10 Jersey. by LZAA: 7:54am On Jan 04
Happysoul001:
Diego loved Messi and considered Messi better than him but Messi likewise regarded Maradona as a legend he looked up to while growing in the game. So I feel at the end of the day, it might be Messi himself that might turn down the offer as a show of respect to the late Diego Maradona. But truth be told, Messi is and always will be greater than Maradona in football.
El pibe considered messi better than himself?
The same man who practically dragged Argentina to a world cup in 86 and was fifa's player of the century ahead of di stefano,cryuff,Eusebio,puskas,Beckenbauer, Charlton best
Well maybe you are the "young generation" simon Jordan keeps talking about
Just stick to ronaldo and messi arguments
Trust me you barely know football

1 Like

Re: Argentina To Honor Messi After Retirement By Retiring No. 10 Jersey. by LZAA: 8:53am On Jan 04
blaise26abj:

Of course FIFA will grant it . Infact FIFA will retire number 10 from football forever . Besides why won’t he aspire to play in the 2026 World Cup when his biatch called FIFA is still in charge . No sane person will let the opportunity slide
Lols😄
Fifa won't
That's the same reason players like fachetti,puskas,eusebio,platini,cryuff left their iconic numbers for Maldini,szoboslai,figo/ronaldo,zidane and davids to inherit in their various national teams
It's a FIFA rule and it must be followed if your team must participate in It's or it affiliated associations competitions
Re: Argentina To Honor Messi After Retirement By Retiring No. 10 Jersey. by adesola8r: 9:57am On Jan 04
Deify a man because he can kick a round leather object.Deify a man because he can kick a round leather object....
Re: Argentina To Honor Messi After Retirement By Retiring No. 10 Jersey. by Fearyourcreator: 10:17am On Jan 04
Patriotic9ja:

Exactly
The hype is getting out of hand like we just dey watch the game ... It's their national team that will suffer it sha... Bring down a jersey for Wetin... Records are always broken ...
Re: Argentina To Honor Messi After Retirement By Retiring No. 10 Jersey. by Emeka71(m): 11:16am On Jan 04
atiku4President:
I will challenge that decision in supreme court
That is how they did after Diego Maradona; but Ariel Ortega later wear the shirt.
Re: Argentina To Honor Messi After Retirement By Retiring No. 10 Jersey. by igwefivestar(m): 5:02pm On Jan 04
atiku4President:
I will challenge that decision in supreme court
add me as the fourth respondent.
Re: Argentina To Honor Messi After Retirement By Retiring No. 10 Jersey. by spartachico(m): 6:00pm On Jan 04
Total rubbish, why didnt they retire the jersey when maradona won the world cup for them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghana Vs Senegal: AFCON 2015 (1 - 2) On 19th January 2015 / Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award / Newcastle United Plotting A Transfer Raid Of Four Manchester United Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.