Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,444 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC (28556 Views)

No NYSC Mobilisation Soon - Director-General, Shuaibu / NYSC 2019 Batch 'A' Mobilisation Time Table / NYSC 2018: Batch B Mobilisation Might Be June - Comrade Goodluck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by pcagbaji(m): 3:49pm On Jan 04
Ireportlive:
cool

There was no breach

In all database, the owners set a field to flag data duplication

In the case of NYSC Email and Phone number was used

There are many people with the same first and last name in Nigeria

The guy simply used another phone number

Does it make sense if NYSC calls you everytime someone with your Surname and Last name Registers

Why not use fingerprint instead which is more unique
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:50pm On Jan 04
This is coming from NYSC? omo!
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Funflipper: 3:50pm On Jan 04
Ireportlive:
cool

There was no breach

Does it make sense if NYSC calls you everytime someone with your Surname and Last name Registers

What happened to admission numbers?

1 Like

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by MrHyde: 3:50pm On Jan 04
So what's the significance of NIN and BVN?
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by realmelodyblog(f): 3:50pm On Jan 04
OMG, this is not good
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Blitzking: 3:51pm On Jan 04
No govt institution give excuse pass nysc..

1 Like

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by anyination: 3:52pm On Jan 04
LordBEGGINSTEIN:

Who the hell waste their one whole year twice to do NYSC twice.

The reporter na mumu

I swear.. I can waste my whole year doing Nysc again..
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Lumig: 3:53pm On Jan 04
Wisdomkosi:
So no data base? What's the need for thumbprinting if Fraud and irregularities cannot be discovered via that method? It's crystal clear that the Thumbprinting process is just for fun.
No be Nigerians go dey in charge of the database? If so, our propensity for crime and criminality will sabotage the proper running of the system.
Let's deal with ourselves first before talking about an imaginary system

2 Likes

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by hoodbaby67a: 3:54pm On Jan 04
Nysc no get database and that monthly thumbprint na audio too

3 Likes

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Promise47(m): 3:54pm On Jan 04
I done my National youth services within this year ending after that I'm going to fight my way of becoming a world champion in MMA or boxing after my service Year

1 Like

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by johannu(m): 3:55pm On Jan 04
Government people are good at making excuses for their failures.
The best you can get in the Nigerian public service is poor service.

2 Likes

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by airsaylongcome: 3:56pm On Jan 04
Ireportlive:
cool

There was no breach

They are very stupid to rely on email and phone number as their primary key. Very very stupid. What happened to name and date if birth as is widely used? Or NIN? They are very silly

1 Like

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by GloriousGbola: 3:57pm On Jan 04
failed attempt at damage control

this is what happens when your system runs on bribes

every phone number is supposed to be linked to a NIN.
also NYSC is supposed to have a Database where biodata can be matched

this is just another day in a corrupt bribe driven govt enterprise

4 Likes

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by airsaylongcome: 3:59pm On Jan 04
ecolime:
Though Megwa said the use of the National Identification Number, NIN, was incorporated into the scheme three years ago, he was unable to explain why the differences in the reporter’s biodata in NIN and what the reporter put in for his second mobilisation were not enough to raise a flag for the scheme to detect him.

I knew they were gonna come for the guy's head and make it look like some sort of data breach.

It is not a crime to have multiple emails or phone numbers. The main problem is the failure of your platform to accept same NIN twice.

If guy used a different name and also a fake date of birth then you get prosecute him for data manipulation.

Email/Phone number is not a standard means of verifying one's biodata.

Fix your system Oga.

Prosecute him for forgery? Is that now a crime in Nigeria?
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Enemyofpeace: 3:59pm On Jan 04
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by just2endowed: 4:02pm On Jan 04
airsaylongcome:

Prosecute him for forgery? Is that now a crime in Nigeria?

some organisation will pay you if you could breach their security features. the reporter should even file for claims
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by youngrichnigga: 4:06pm On Jan 04
Just like we have ghost workers everywhere, now we have ghost NYSC.
The guy should stop giving excuses, they have a failed system in place that's unable to detect who's entitled to serve or not.
With all the checks that can be done via the various identification schemes (NIN, BVN, Unique school matriculation number etc) in place.
We have very useless civil service and government agencies in this country undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by vaxx: 4:11pm On Jan 04
Ireportlive:
cool

There was no breach

you people are not smart at all. Every Nigeria qualify to served are about 18yrs therefore qualify to used voters ID .

Voters ID unique number will have settle the difference. You can't do national service in my country twice . It is just impossible

2 Likes

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Successlane: 4:12pm On Jan 04
Pussyisgud:
Lol, na normal thing na, i have 3 different sim cards registered with 3 different NINs, one is my real phone number, while the other remaining 2 sim cards i bought them pre-registered with someone else's NIN.
Do you know how many email addresses i have?
I've lost count, i just dey laugh nairaland mods. Me keh.

'Someone else NIN'

That's not smart enough, still detectable.

Thought you would have claimed to have more than one NIN.

1 Like

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Free2Fly: 4:14pm On Jan 04
SoNature:
Excuses upon excuses! Public service in Nigeria is not designed to attract the best brains. People just come to work to gist and devise means of stealing from the state and nobody takes responsibility.

No country grows with that kind of mentality. Countries grow due to patriotism - something that has remained a mirage in Nigeria. Nigérians, irrespective of tribe, don't love this country.

No, the yorubas have come to love the country now that T!efnubu is there; the love and patriotism they didn't have when Jonathan was there, they now have in abundance

Let me not call them hypocr!tes, sha

1 Like

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Blazadenise(m): 4:18pm On Jan 04
Same people in the admin created huge lot of Ghost corper to embezzle funds...

1 Like

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by loswhite(m): 4:21pm On Jan 04
Nbote:
Typical useless Nigerian systems that will never accept responsibility. How exactly did he breach your useless system?? During my service year I had a roommate who was coming for service for the second time
Why did they choose to serve twice?
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by kerry57: 4:21pm On Jan 04
Damage control. Another person will still do the same. Nysc hide ur face

2 Likes

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by loswhite(m): 4:27pm On Jan 04
LordBEGGINSTEIN:

Who the hell waste their one whole year twice to do NYSC twice.

The reporter na mumu
I weak o. The same program that ppl want to scrap...lol. What is so special about doing NYSC twice that will make them to waste money on biometric system. They can just incorporate NIN but we all know NIN is useless because they are always down. CAC has suspended the use of NIN in their platform because their site for verification is unreliable.
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by loswhite(m): 4:28pm On Jan 04
abba190:
how i wish i can breach your system and be getting enrolled for nysc every year. so that i will be earning the 33k and end my relationship with sapa
A graduate happy to earn 33k In this present economy shows how bad it is
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by abba190: 4:30pm On Jan 04
loswhite:
A graduate happy to earn 33k In this present economy shows how bad it is
grin grin even if its 13k i will gladly accept it. the sapa is too much

1 Like

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Newton2024: 4:40pm On Jan 04
SoNature:
Excuses upon excuses! Public service in Nigeria is not designed to attract the best brains. People just come to work to gist and devise means of stealing from the state and nobody takes responsibility.

No country grows with that kind of mentality. Countries grow due to patriotism - something that has remained a mirage in Nigeria. Nigérians, irrespective of tribe, don't love this country.
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Saig: 4:48pm On Jan 04
don't you have biometric data base? Incompetent lots looking for excuses
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Smartguyboy(m): 5:00pm On Jan 04
SoNature:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/mobilisation-how-undercover-reporter-breached-our-system-to-enrol-twice-nysc/

Useless people so the person change his phone number and email to register again .
What happened to his old passport, name , matric number, reg number, biometric capture?
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by otomatic(m): 5:02pm On Jan 04
Imagine the excuse. Instead of learning the lessons and becoming more secure.
What's the purpose of biometrics then. What's the purpose of NIN and BVN.
That reporter just exposed the flaws in the system so that it can be made better.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Open Letter To The Director General NYSC By A Stream 2 Prospective Corp Member. / NYSC Redeployment: Female Corper Was Scammed (Screenshots) / My Passing Out Banta.... Drop Your Goodwill Messages.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.