Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC (28555 Views)

No NYSC Mobilisation Soon - Director-General, Shuaibu / NYSC 2019 Batch 'A' Mobilisation Time Table / NYSC 2018: Batch B Mobilisation Might Be June - Comrade Goodluck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by AngelicBeing: 5:04pm On Jan 04
Pussyisgud:
Lol, na normal thing na, i have 3 different sim cards registered with 3 different NINs, one is my real phone number, while the other remaining 2 sim cards i bought them pre-registered with someone else's NIN.
Do you know how many email addresses i have?
I've lost count, i just dey laugh nairaland mods. Me keh.
Hian , for making this confession, l will ban you from all Social media for 500 years, l have your NATIONAL ID card,Nin, passport number, your house address as well tongue
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Jlow2: 5:05pm On Jan 04
Imagine you called police to arrest someone that defrauded you police instead discussing his share from the fraudster, what a country.
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Smartguyboy(m): 5:06pm On Jan 04
Ireportlive:
cool

There was no breach

In all database, the owners set a field to flag data duplication

In the case of NYSC Email and Phone number was used

There are many people with the same first and last name in Nigeria

The guy simply used another phone number

Does it make sense if NYSC calls you everytime someone with your Surname and Last name Registers

How about biometrics?
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by VULCAN(m): 5:07pm On Jan 04
Whatever gave you the impression that he was a learned person?

ekineme:

I was thinking you are a learned person, Wisdom demand you keep silent in subject beyond your comprehension.
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by bbamusa: 5:08pm On Jan 04
look at him publicly admitting NYSC do not have a data base only list from various universities. university in hell will sent you list one day and you will accept it. msseww!
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Sirianese: 5:12pm On Jan 04
SoNature:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/mobilisation-how-undercover-reporter-breached-our-system-to-enrol-twice-nysc/

It's not the responsibility of NUC or its constituent schools to maintain a database of ex-corpers

NYSC ought to sack this guy. It's so tiring, the way Nigeria is filled with people who are incompetent with no shame...brazen incompetence
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Krak(m): 5:13pm On Jan 04
abba190:
how i wish i can breach your system and be getting enrolled for nysc every year. so that i will be earning the 33k and end my relationship with sapa

Even 50k monthly is not enough to confront Sapa, let alone defeat it, in this current dispensation.
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by goldmatrix(m): 5:17pm On Jan 04
Imagine what someone with his head could vomit...a typical Nigerian who won't accept his error and learn from it. Who did we offend to get this kind of keaders... Before now U were boasting of a water thight and fullproof nysc registration system..
Idi*t
Many in NL would clap hand for him for saying that, especially if he's from their tribe..
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by brainhgeek(m): 5:17pm On Jan 04
Put it straight..you failed!
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Abusufian: 5:19pm On Jan 04
U wil surely no sombody' i sabi u wel wel nw..... Idiat
Nbote:
Typical useless Nigerian systems that will never accept responsibility. How exactly did he breach your useless system?? During my service year I had a roommate who was coming for service for the second time
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by OmoFiditi: 5:20pm On Jan 04
It should be mandated that any student who gets admission with a foreign university MUST register with Ministry of Education, Ministry of Youths and Foreign Affairs Ministry before embarking on that study. He must also report to the Nigerian embassy in those countries.

When the student comes back after studying, he must report to those ministries and get a clearance letter before going for NYSC.
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by AllahOfBlood: 5:31pm On Jan 04
Nonsense talk even the so-called NYSC narrating this is nonsense and incompetent.

He changed his email and phone number to register again how did her managed to get a new matriculation and jamb registration number to register again?
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by AllahOfBlood: 5:34pm On Jan 04
psucc:
If email and phone number are the only security NYSC has to prevent multiple enrollment then very sorry, Nigeria is a failure.

Why not use the BVN or NIN? These 2 including fingerprint will do,.

NYSC required 2 keys things to register

1 matriculation number
2 Jamb registration number

Once any of these two things previously captured by the server applicants can not register again. Email and phone number is secondly
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by abba190: 5:35pm On Jan 04
Krak:

Even 50k monthly is not enough to confront Sapa, let alone defeat it, in this current dispensation.
then what i am facing is morethan sapa because im not earning morethan 5k monthly
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by jimmyvic(m): 5:44pm On Jan 04
Accept the fact that you guys have a poor ICT setting rather than bluffing

1 Like

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by 7upnigeria: 5:52pm On Jan 04
Nbote:
Typical useless Nigerian systems that will never accept responsibility. How exactly did he breach your useless system?? During my service year I had a roommate who was coming for service for the second time

Wow, so people actually breach the system and serve twice?😧😧
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Deemas(m): 5:54pm On Jan 04
OmoFiditi:
It should be mandated that any student who gets admission with a foreign university MUST register with Ministry of Education, Ministry of Youths and Foreign Affairs Ministry before embarking on that study. He must also report to the Nigerian embassy in those countries.

When the student comes back after studying, he must report to those ministries and get a clearance letter before going for NYSC.

Valid point here but I can assure you that it will also be an open opportunity for officials of FMoE to make money. They will get bribed and people will be registered indiscriminately. Naija our country, I hail thee.
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by erniok(m): 5:56pm On Jan 04
nairalanda1:
NYSC could have solved this with biometrics.

If there was a biometric system in place, the reporter would have had no chance. He could change his number and phone several times, it won't work.

Time NNPC instituted a biometric system...like the banks.
The undercover reporter said he carried out biometrics which included fingerprintinh for the offline registration. NYSC has no excuse.

2 Likes

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by franugo(m): 6:02pm On Jan 04
Nbote:

To what end exactly? Was it for the allawee?
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by nairalanda1(m): 6:12pm On Jan 04
erniok:

The undercover reporter said he carried out biometrics which included fingerprintinh for the offline registration. NYSC has no excuse.

I see.
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by CJStarz: 6:24pm On Jan 04
Who knows the many thousands that have changed their phone numbers and email addresses and kept participating in the NYSC over and over again as jobs no dey this country.

Imagine,a whole parastatal dealing with human mobilization do not have a data base!
Big shame on them

2 Likes

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by jojothaiv(m): 6:26pm On Jan 04
illicit:
So what's the point of finger printing?
Is it not Nigeria again?

1 Like

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by LOVEGINO(m): 6:27pm On Jan 04
illicit:
know ur way for naija kawai.

1 Like

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by femi4: 6:31pm On Jan 04
Nbote:
Stupid excuse.

Your system should be identifying people with names and fingerprint not email addresses and phone numbers that's subject to change at anytime

1 Like

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by ozo13(m): 6:32pm On Jan 04
illicit:
I wish the presenter ask the NYSC representative this very question

1 Like

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Judolisco(m): 6:48pm On Jan 04
illicit:
iswr d question wey I wan ask... So NYSC don't have database for fingerprints.... What a shame... Some people go Don serve like 8 times bdat

1 Like

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Judolisco(m): 6:51pm On Jan 04
OmoFiditi:

did u read d investigation... Pls go and read d investigation and you'll see dat all dis ministries u mentioned were easily compromised... Like d guy didn't even move an Inch... He jst paid an agent who did all d dirty work for him.. Pls go and read it
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Nwanna2588: 6:51pm On Jan 04
The man's defence is puzzling. Investigative journalism has exposed a flaw: thumbprints, not email addresses or phone numbers, are at the core. The question arises: why didn't the system detect a repeated thumbprint? The system is malfunctioning, and online defences only worsen the situation. Banning universities abroad is misguided; the focus should be on individuals exploiting the system, like the man in question. How can one thumbprint multiple times without rejections? Nigeria risks consequences as other countries may reciprocate by banning Unilag students. Recent events at Unilag show opposition is futile. Instead of targeting other universities, the authorities should have started with the NYSC system's thumbprint procedures. The man's dedefenceemains are unclear, raising concerns about collaboration.
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Judolisco(m): 6:52pm On Jan 04
Ireportlive:
cool

There was no breach

In all database, the owners set a field to flag data duplication

In the case of NYSC Email and Phone number was used

There are many people with the same first and last name in Nigeria

The guy simply used another phone number

Does it make sense if NYSC calls you everytime someone with your Surname and Last name Registers

what about fingerprints... Ur fingerprints can never change.. So what's d use of collecting ones fingerprints during registration
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by femi4: 6:54pm On Jan 04
7upnigeria:

Wow, so people actually breach the system and serve twice?😧😧
yes, expecially people doing two degrees e.g hnd and bsc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Open Letter To The Director General NYSC By A Stream 2 Prospective Corp Member. / NYSC Redeployment: Female Corper Was Scammed (Screenshots) / My Passing Out Banta.... Drop Your Goodwill Messages.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.