Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC (28551 Views)

No NYSC Mobilisation Soon - Director-General, Shuaibu / NYSC 2019 Batch 'A' Mobilisation Time Table / NYSC 2018: Batch B Mobilisation Might Be June - Comrade Goodluck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Judolisco(m): 6:55pm On Jan 04
MrHyde:
So what's the significance of NIN and BVN?
dats were d guy would have been caught... BVN would have exposed him, so he collected only d first alawee in camp dat one Is cash and no BVN is required... But he returned d money Sha....

1 Like

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by SavageMaster: 6:56pm On Jan 04
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by goshen26: 6:57pm On Jan 04
Not acceptable Sir

With the kind of budget you guys have you should do more.

What happen to encrypting each prospectus corp member with a code, such that corp member B13 has been coded that all information of B13 must tally before the system accepts
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by dafeoroyo: 7:05pm On Jan 04
The NYSC should come up with a compulsory post tertiary examination ,a prerequisite for admitting student into the scheme, that's it
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by bitbillionaire: 7:12pm On Jan 04
Stupid organisation giving stupid excuses. That undercover reporter deserve an award. Decision makers in our education system will sit up going forward

1 Like

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by tunjijones(m): 7:22pm On Jan 04
Ireportlive:
cool

There was no breach

In all database, the owners set a field to flag data duplication

In the case of NYSC Email and Phone number was used

There are many people with the same first and last name in Nigeria

The guy simply used another phone number

Does it make sense if NYSC calls you everytime someone with your Surname and Last name Registers

Who be this?
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Achor1111(m): 7:37pm On Jan 04
Control damage. But, ends up damaging the whole stuff

1 Like

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by broadman20: 8:16pm On Jan 04
LordBEGGINSTEIN:

Who the hell waste their one whole year twice to do NYSC twice.

The reporter na mumu

Chai see someone's child reasoning!

I just wish it's possible to show your father this statement of yours,

Na koboko the man will use and reset your senses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:36pm On Jan 04
😂😂. This reporter is Ogbanje Youth Service ,who decided to reincarnate again in NYSC programme.
If he wasn't caught,he might still reincarnate again, again and again.
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by bablon20(m): 8:38pm On Jan 04
They are quick to place a ban on the poor masses but all of them have ruled and are still ruling us with fake/forged certificate.
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by psucc(m): 8:51pm On Jan 04
AllahOfBlood:

NYSC required 2 keys things to register

1 matriculation number
2 Jamb registration number

Once any of these two things previously captured by the server applicants can not register again. Email and phone number is secondly
You're saying a different thing from what NYSC itself is saying. Or are you the new spokesperson for the organization?

Sir, requirements is different from security. One person can have different requirements but if security measures such BVN or NIN were deployed, he will find it difficult to bypass
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by maasoap(m): 9:07pm On Jan 04
LordBEGGINSTEIN:

Collecting allawee without actual going to PPA grin grin grin, free money. Got it?

The reporter na mumu
How is he a mumu in all this? His or her report raised up two issues: obtaining genuine certificates under six weeks and participation in NYSC more than once
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by CJStarz: 9:22pm On Jan 04
CJStarz:
Who knows the many thousands that have changed their phone numbers and email addresses and kept participating in the NYSC over and over again as jobs no dey this country.

Imagine,a whole parastatal dealing with human mobilization does not have a data base!
Big shame on them
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Scholarforlife: 9:54pm On Jan 04
LordBEGGINSTEIN:

The reporter na mumu
The Man is an investigative journalist. He had already graduated and served years back. He only did this to help us expose the extent of rot in the Nigerian system.

1 Like

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by 300wayne: 10:30pm On Jan 04
Ireportlive:
cool

There was no breach

Does it make sense if NYSC calls you everytime someone with your Surname and Last name Registers

PS: If you don't know how SQL works, or what a database and what primary key is please stop qouting me

Lol i will quote you beacuse this is the exact reason why we have such occurrences

So If you're an IT project manager tasked with building a robust database system for the NYSC, the only parameter you will employ to check duplication and breaches is an SQL constraint.

What happens to unique human identifiers like biometrics and number identifiers like the BVN
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by PHAYOL81: 10:51pm On Jan 04
That a breach happened means some drastic measures have to be put in place to forestall such and similar occurrences in future. Lesson learnt here should be accepted as the canvas upon which new image of the scheme would be portrayed.
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by fitinwell: 12:46am On Jan 05
SoNature:
Excuses upon excuses! Public service in Nigeria is not designed to attract the best brains. People just come to work to gist and devise means of stealing from the state and nobody takes responsibility.

No country grows with that kind of mentality. Countries grow due to patriotism - something that has remained a mirage in Nigeria. Nigérians, irrespective of tribe, don't love this country.

The Bolded is a cause for serious concerns..
Not that we lack Man power with Technical Experience to fix these things... No!

Check you will find that alot of inexperienced and unqualified men are recruited to occupy National Sensitive public offices...

So many unproductive elements we have occupying various public offices... With Big salaries...

So painful...

Until we have a round peg in a round hole... Nothing will change..
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Padipadi(m): 1:42am On Jan 05
Pussyisgud:
Lol, na normal thing na, i have 3 different sim cards registered with 3 different NINs, one is my real phone number, while the other remaining 2 sim cards i bought them pre-registered with someone else's NIN.
Do you know how many email addresses i have?
I've lost count, i just dey laugh nairaland mods. Me keh.
At least this account ll be banned. We ll get you one by one. Say bye to ya nairaland account!

Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by eldoradoxx: 6:33am On Jan 05
Funny. So all i need to do to serve again after over 12 years of serving is to change my phone number and email and then i will scam NYSC system? No facial identification system in place, no fingerprints, no requirements of putting an applicant's BVN or NIN to at least synchronize their data and ensure that a person cannot register twice. I have said that, the number of people serving each year and the fact that Nysc runs different streams shows that alot of people serve more than once.
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by rex21: 6:35am On Jan 05
Ireportlive:
cool

There was no breach

PS: If you don't know how SQL works, or what a database and what primary key is please stop qouting me

Nysc uses biometric(finger prints) for registration and i hear that no two humans in the whole world share the same fingerprint. So, what do you say now ??
Re: Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC by Pussyisgud: 3:17pm On Jan 05
Padipadi:

At least this account ll be banned. We ll get you one by one. Say bye to ya nairaland account!
Werey, did i commit any crime? Bet your 2 scrotums on it.
If dem no ban me after 4 days dem go disappear!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Open Letter To The Director General NYSC By A Stream 2 Prospective Corp Member. / NYSC Redeployment: Female Corper Was Scammed (Screenshots) / My Passing Out Banta.... Drop Your Goodwill Messages.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.