Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches (654 Views)

Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication / How True Is This? Come In With Ur View... / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by namiji2598: 11:19pm On Jan 04
So recently I moved in to abuja, and have been visiting this prophetic church for about 2 months

Our prophet performs miracle which seems to be true, but i never saw him heal a crippled man, but he performs wonders and have different branches and does alot of prophecies

They hardly teach abt salvation, as in for people to leave their evil ways and repent from evil doings

They talk much abt seeds, like 3 times every program, pastor must ask people to coms out and saw a seed stylishly.

Sometimes he uses his sweat on handkerchiefs and ask members to come out, he rubs it on u and you drop a seed, and many other examples

Female members dresses anyhow like a club, he once says u should dress sexy, even workers does tattoos, tint hair, men pierce ear, chains, nose chains, and many other drezz which i thinks shouldn't be in a church but to them is normal

So please does Christianity actually permit all these, are all these things fake? If all these aren't real, why do they keep getting members and each there aee people in that place for decades

I need ur view and experience
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by Ahnii(f): 11:29pm On Jan 04
Another pulpit Bandit leading his sheepies.

4 Likes

Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by Yuri141: 11:29pm On Jan 04
My dear friend, those are not prophetic churches. Most of what you described are not real pastors, they are impostors using the name of God to milk people. It's hard to find genuine ones but they do exist.

If you want to know a true prophetic church, I recommend celebration church international. Its owned by pastor iren.
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by namiji2598: 11:47pm On Jan 04
Ahnii:

so all those prophecies and testimonies are fake? Then why people still remain there for decades?
All those prophecies are arranged? Omo almost everyday he performz miracle
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by Jaun2: 12:03am On Jan 05
namiji2598:
So recently I moved in to abuja, and have been visiting this prophetic church for about 2 months

Our prophet performs miracle which seems to be true, but i never saw him heal a crippled man, but he performs wonders and have different branches and does alot of prophecies
No

They hardly teach abt salvation, as in for people to leave their evil ways and repent from evil doings

They talk much abt seeds, like 3 times every program, pastor must ask people to coms out and saw a seed stylishly.

Sometimes he uses his sweat on handkerchiefs and ask members to come out, he rubs it on u and you drop a seed, and many other examples

Female members dresses anyhow like a club, he once says u should dress sexy, even workers does tattoos, tint hair, men pierce ear, chains, nose chains, and many other drezz which i thinks shouldn't be in a church but to them is normal

So please does Christianity actually permit all these, are all these things fake? If all these aren't real, why do they keep getting members and each there aee people in that place for decades

next time snap them without knowing and send here
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by Kobojunkie: 12:07am On Jan 05
namiji2598:
■ so all those prophecies and testimonies are fake? Then why people still remain there for decades?
All those prophecies are arranged? Omo almost everyday he performz miracle
Miracles happen everyday even in the world outside of your prophet houses and deliverance halls. God promised this and Jesus Christ reminded you even of this when He said the Father pours out His mercy daily on even the wicked and the ungrateful. So, when your gods of men— self-appointed mogs and prophets— take it on themselves to pretend these miracles and wonders are in response to their many prayers, what they do is claim the glory that belongs to God for themselves, and in doing so keep the gullible tangled and deluded under their control for decades and even generations. That is against God who gave no man authority to do any such in His name. That is why Jesus Christ also said that many will claim to have done miracles in his name but He will tell such evil doers to get away from HIm that He never knew them. undecided
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by capnies: 8:46am On Jan 05
Drop your WhatsApp number let me add you to my online church. God bless you
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by Nice2023(m): 1:55pm On Jan 05
I can't mention the name of the church so as to avoid being sued for defamation.

The church was formally at Rochas uncompleted plaza around Central area before he moved to his permanent site at Apo.

The man is a criminal pastor...there is absolutely nothing good about him. In fact,he preaches more about tithe than salvation,tithe than offerings.

He is a certified pulpit bandit.

He is from Jos Plateau state.

namiji2598:

Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by GreatAchiever1: 5:53pm On Jan 05
One word, Charlatans.
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Jan 05
capnies:
Drop your WhatsApp number let me add you to my online church. God bless you
Na the same format! undecided
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by namiji2598: 5:45am On Jan 06
Kobojunkie:
Na the same format! undecided
help me tell am brada
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by namiji2598: 5:45am On Jan 06
GreatAchiever1:
One word, Charlatans.
new word to me though
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by namiji2598: 5:46am On Jan 06
Nice2023:
I can't mention the name of the church so as to avoid being sued for defamation.

The church was formally at Rochas uncompleted plaza around Central area before he moved to his permanent site at Apo.

The man is a criminal pastor...there is absolutely nothing good about him. In fact,he preaches more about tithe than salvation,tithe than offerings.

He is a certified pulpit bandit.

He is from Jos Plateau state.

not really
But these kind of churches are everywhere i believe
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by namiji2598: 5:49am On Jan 06
Kobojunkie:
Miracles happen everyday even in the world outside of your prophet houses and deliverance halls. God promised this and Jesus Christ reminded you even of this when He said the Father pours out His mercy daily on even the wicked and the ungrateful. So, when your gods of men— self-appointed mogs and prophets— take it on themselves to pretend these miracles and wonders are in response to their many prayers, what they do is claim the glory that belongs to God for themselves, and in doing so keep the gullible tangled and deluded under their control for decades and even generations. That is against God who gave no man authority to do any such in His name. That is why Jesus Christ also said that many will claim to have done miracles in his name but He will tell such evil doers to get away from HIm that He never knew them. undecided
miracles happens every day and everywhere but let me tell u something miracle can never be a coincidence, its either he uses power of God to heal or another source of powers, there is no way things of God can be coincidence brada
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by PoliteActivist: 6:03am On Jan 06
namiji2598:
miracles happens every day and everywhere but let me tell u something miracle can never be a coincidence, its either he uses power of God to heal or another source of powers, there is no way things of God can be coincidence brada
*Politeness*
"Miracle" is largely dependent on belief and therefore mostly comes from inside - if you believe strongly enough something will happen, it will. That's just how our system is set up. Our belief (faith) creates reality. Simply put, what we believe happens. WE create reality
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by GreatAchiever1: 7:43am On Jan 06
namiji2598:
new word to me though
We learn everyday.
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by namiji2598: 10:24am On Jan 06
GreatAchiever1:

We learn everyday.
u for Just drop Meaning, now how i take learn?
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by namiji2598: 10:25am On Jan 06
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
"Miracle" is largely dependent on belief and therefore mostly comes from inside - if you believe strongly enough something will happen, it will. That's just how our system is set up. Our belief (faith) creates reality. Simply put, what we believe happens. WE create reality
in the man's word, he doesn't need to pray for u to receive the miracle and u doesn't need to believe before u receive it

He said as long as he place anything he wishes to do for u, u Must receive
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by Acidosis(m): 10:28am On Jan 06
His members are stup!d.
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by GreatAchiever1: 10:29am On Jan 06
namiji2598:
u for Just drop Meaning, now how i take learn?

I think say you for don check am up for dictionary. No vex. Oya see wetin e mean.

A malicious trickster; a fake person, especially one who deceives for personal profit.
Synonyms: trickster, swindler, Thesaurus:deceiver
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by namiji2598: 10:31am On Jan 06
GreatAchiever1:

I think say you for don check am up for dictionary. No vex. Oya see wetin e mean.

A malicious trickster; a fake person, especially one who deceives for personal profit.
Synonyms: trickster, swindler, Thesaurus:deceiver
thanks

I was even thinking of checking, as u said we learn everyday
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by GreatAchiever1: 10:33am On Jan 06
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*

You my friend have the same view of miracles with those of the the New age esoteric movement. In order words the law of attraction, just like the one written in the book "The Secret".
We don't create realities. Only God can through His Gracious and Soverign will.
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by PoliteActivist: 10:44am On Jan 06
GreatAchiever1:

You my friend have the same view of miracles with those of the the New age esoteric movement. In order words the law of attraction, just like the one written in the book "The Secret".
We don't create realities. Only God can through His Gracious and Soverign will.

*Politeness*
Lord Jesus not only said same thing he demonstrated it. The Bible says he COULDN'T (not wouldn't) perform any major miracles in his hometown because they didn't believe he could. He also said if you have faith enough you can move a mountain. Also when Peter started sinking he asked him, "why do you DOUBT?"
Not why didn't you pray harder or recite some words!
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by Necrophagia: 10:48am On Jan 06
Ahnii:

Takes a sheep to know that
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by Necrophagia: 10:50am On Jan 06
If you want to render yourself useless, go to church or any mf prophetic cancer
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by GreatAchiever1: 11:50am On Jan 06
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
Lord Jesus not only said same thing he demonstrated it. The Bible says he COULDN'T (not wouldn't) perform any major miracles in his hometown because they didn't believe he could. He also said if you have faith enough you can move a mountain. Also when Peter started sinking he asked him, "why do you DOUBT?"
Not why didn't you pray harder or recite some words!

Again you are laying more emphasis on the power we have and less on the power of God.
When one comes to God in prayer, the bible is clear on this in this.
And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.
— Hebrews 11:6.

Everything in our prayers must be centered on God, and what he has done, and we ask him for anything in our prayer because of the faith we have in him knowing he is able to do it. Just like the prayers of Daniel's friends in the furnace of fire in Daniel 3:16-18; Notice the words they said about God. He is able, He will and even if He doesn't. He is still God, and everything will workout exactly as he ordained.

Miracles is not dependent on ourselves or on how strongly we believe in something to bring it to pass. But in our faith in God who is able to do all things according to the counsel of His will.
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by PoliteActivist: 12:13pm On Jan 06
GreatAchiever1:

Again you are laying more emphasis on the power we have and less on the power of God.
When one comes to God in prayer, the bible is clear on this in this.
And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.
— Hebrews 11:6.

Everything in our prayers must be centered on God, and what he has done, and we ask him for anything in our prayer because of the faith we have in him knowing he is able to do it. Just like the prayers of Daniel's friends in the furnace of fire in Daniel 3:16-18; Notice the words they said about God. He is able, He will and even if He doesn't. He is still God, and everything will workout exactly as he ordained.

Miracles is not dependent on ourselves or on how strongly we believe in something to bring it to pass. But in our faith in God who is able to do all things according to the counsel of His will.

*Politeness*
I didn't lay emphasis on anything. I simply stated what's in the Bible. Just as Lord Jesus said "when you pray, BELIEVE you have already received what you are praying for and it is yours". Just as apostles were complaining to Lord Jesus that some non-believers were curing illnesses in his name. Just as some fake scam.pastors pray for people to be healed and are totally confused when people come back full of thanks and testimonies of miraculous healing!
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by GreatAchiever1: 12:21pm On Jan 06
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
I didn't lay emphasis on anything. I simply stated what's in the Bible. Just as Lord Jesus said "when you pray, BELIEVE you have already received what you are praying for and it is yours". Just as apostles were complaining to Lord Jesus that some non-believers were curing illnesses in his name. Just as some fake scam.pastors pray for people to be healed and are totally confused when people come back full of thanks and testimonies of miraculous healing!

Yea, you quote Jesus in the text but seem to have a wrong interpretation of the text hence your initial comment in which I quoted on we having the power and the belief to create reality thereby making it man-centered teaching, and this is the modern norm in churches.
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by princemillla(m): 1:24pm On Jan 06
The world has ditch salvation for miracles.

You will hardly see crowd In a church which has strong stance on salvation. Let people hear u dey perform miracles, boom you will see auditorium.

All of them are fake riding on principles of time n events that would Naturally occur on their own.

Learn from me, what you prophesie in your life Is stronger than wat any prophet will do for u.
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by namiji2598: 1:41pm On Jan 06
princemillla:
The world has ditch salvation for miracles.

You will hardly see crowd In a church which has strong stance on salvation. Let people hear u dey perform miracles, boom you will see auditorium.

All of them are fake riding on principles of time n events that would Naturally occur on their own.

Learn from me, what you prophesie in your life Is stronger than wat any prophet will do for u.

Sometimes u looked at these mens teaching and realise they deviate from God's teaching yet they perform miracles
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by namiji2598: 1:43pm On Jan 06
Necrophagia:
If you want to render yourself useless, go to church or any mf prophetic cancer
but yet we have many successful people in those churches
Re: What's Ur View On All These Prophetic Churches by princemillla(m): 2:41pm On Jan 06
namiji2598:

Sometimes u looked at these mens teaching and realise they deviate from God's teaching yet they perform miracles

O juju calabar

(1) (2) (Reply)

Simi Advocates For Cohabitation Before Marriage / Vote For Me For The Nokiaphotostars Competition / How To Cope With Motherhood

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.