Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,698 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Strength During Times Of Hardship - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Strength During Times Of Hardship (3487 Views)

In Times Of Calamity, People Divide Into Four Levels – Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen / Hardship Has An Expiry Date / Allah Provides, Suffices, And Makes A Way Out Of Every Hardship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strength During Times Of Hardship by akinsmail51: 12:06am On Jan 05
THE BELIEVER’S FAITH is demonstrated during hardships. He fervently supplicates to His Lord, and does not see any signs of Him answering his pleas, yet his hopes and anticipation do not change, and even if the reasons for disappointment become stronger, he knows that for sure, the True One is more knowledgeable of the wisdom behind every happenstance (in his life).

It may be that what Allah wants from the believer is a display of patience or faith, for indeed He does not send upon him these hardships except that He wants from his heart submission to His will, so that He may see how the patience of His slave is, or He wants from His slave lots and lots of pleading and supplication.

As for those who want their supplications to be answered quickly, and start complaining if there is a delay, then this points towards a weakness in faith.

Such a person feels that he has a right to have his supplications answered, and it is as if he is demanding a payment for his acts [of obedience].

This brings to the mind the story of Yaʿqûb, whose trial lasted for eighty years, yet his hope [in Allah’s Mercy and eminent aid] did not falter and even when he was faced with the added loss of his son Benjamin (Bin Yâmîn), after having suffered the loss of Joseph (Yûsuf).

Still, his hopefulness remained firm, as we see from his words: ‘It may be that Allah will return to me all of them!‘

This meaning is also made apparent through the following words of Allah:

Or do you think that you will enter Paradise while such [trial] has not yet come to you as came to those who passed on before you? They were touched by poverty and hardship and were shaken until [even their] messenger and those who believed with him said, “When is the help of Allah [going to come]?” Unquestionably, the help of Allah is near. [Sûrat Al-Baqarah, 2:214]

It should also be known here that even this [cry of desperation] does not come forth from the prophets and believers until and unless their trial has become so protracted that they start feeling nearer to hopelessness than to relief.

And of this category are the words of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ:

Goodness remains with the slave as long as he does not become impatient.’ He was asked: ‘Impatient about what?’ He ﷺ replied: ‘He says: ‘I prayed, but my prayers were not answered.’

Hence, I beseech you, do not lose faith when a hardship appears to linger longer than you expect it to be.

Do not tire of making supplication after supplication. For indeed the one who is tested with hardships worships Allah through patience and prayers.

So do not despair of the Mercy of Allah, even when a scourge appears to be endless.

Source: Translation from Ibn Al-Jawzi’s Sayd Al-Khatir (Quarry of the Mind) | Strength During Times of Hardship

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strength During Times Of Hardship by EnglishUsa: 10:31am On Jan 05
This has nothing do with I am a Muslim or not, this is pure truth both for a Muslim and non Muslim, I don't know why Muslim and Christians are killing each other. Messages depends on how you understand it, Muslims and Christians are the same thing, why are we killing each other?

4 Likes

Re: Strength During Times Of Hardship by Aadeniyi092: 10:37am On Jan 05
Jazakumullah khayran fee duniyan wal khairot

4 Likes

Re: Strength During Times Of Hardship by chillychill(f): 10:52am On Jan 05
Jazakumllah khayran smiley

3 Likes

Re: Strength During Times Of Hardship by amnesty7: 11:27am On Jan 05
Jazakumullahu khairan.

2 Likes

Re: Strength During Times Of Hardship by Hassanmaye(m): 12:48pm On Jan 05
akinsmail51:
THE BELIEVER’S FAITH is demonstrated during hardships. He fervently supplicates to His Lord, and does not see any signs of Him answering his pleas, yet his hopes and anticipation do not change, and even if the reasons for disappointment become stronger, he knows that for sure, the True One is more knowledgeable of the wisdom behind every happenstance (in his life).

It may be that what Allah wants from the believer is a display of patience or faith, for indeed He does not send upon him these hardships except that He wants from his heart submission to His will, so that He may see how the patience of His slave is, or He wants from His slave lots and lots of pleading and supplication.

As for those who want their supplications to be answered quickly, and start complaining if there is a delay, then this points towards a weakness in faith.

Such a person feels that he has a right to have his supplications answered, and it is as if he is demanding a payment for his acts [of obedience].

This brings to the mind the story of Yaʿqûb, whose trial lasted for eighty years, yet his hope [in Allah’s Mercy and eminent aid] did not falter and even when he was faced with the added loss of his son Benjamin (Bin Yâmîn), after having suffered the loss of Joseph (Yûsuf).

Still, his hopefulness remained firm, as we see from his words: ‘It may be that Allah will return to me all of them!‘

This meaning is also made apparent through the following words of Allah:

Or do you think that you will enter Paradise while such [trial] has not yet come to you as came to those who passed on before you? They were touched by poverty and hardship and were shaken until [even their] messenger and those who believed with him said, “When is the help of Allah [going to come]?” Unquestionably, the help of Allah is near. [Sûrat Al-Baqarah, 2:214]

It should also be known here that even this [cry of desperation] does not come forth from the prophets and believers until and unless their trial has become so protracted that they start feeling nearer to hopelessness than to relief.

And of this category are the words of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ:

Goodness remains with the slave as long as he does not become impatient.’ He was asked: ‘Impatient about what?’ He ﷺ replied: ‘He says: ‘I prayed, but my prayers were not answered.’

Hence, I beseech you, do not lose faith when a hardship appears to linger longer than you expect it to be.

Do not tire of making supplication after supplication. For indeed the one who is tested with hardships worships Allah through patience and prayers.

So do not despair of the Mercy of Allah, even when a scourge appears to be endless.

Source: Translation from Ibn Al-Jawzi’s Sayd Al-Khatir (Quarry of the Mind) | Strength During Times of Hardship
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Strength During Times Of Hardship by Bimpe29: 12:57pm On Jan 05
This has lifted my spirit and rekindled my hope in the help of Allah. Surely and truly, we shall be faced/visited with trials of varying degree and nature, yet the only solutions and succors rest with Allah - the Lord of the worlds.

May He strengthen our belief, faith, patience and understanding.

Jazakallahu Khyran.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

A Baby Born Written Allahu In Arabic On His Head In Ikirun Osun State / Islam And Disrespectful Behaviour / Iftar: Breaking Of Ramadan Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.