Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 (19611 Views)

Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates From 1310/$ To 1300/$ In Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by Samirana360(m): 8:52am On Jan 05
Ok
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by superCleanworks(m): 8:52am On Jan 05
WrriterNig:
Una dey crase. Which appreciation?

I buy dollar N1260 this morning

LOL.. dem wan show you appreciation naw 😂
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by yahoodetector: 8:54am On Jan 05
biaframaster200:

Peter Obi's father made his money through drug dealing...

That won't still stop you from crying "Ebi npa waa oo" cheesy grin grin

Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by Trybes(m): 8:59am On Jan 05
A very good time to buy the dollat
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by princeade86(m): 9:01am On Jan 05
Sorry to divert the topic. I want to ask about something pls. Is it true that police don't help someone collect debt. Because I took some that owed me close to half a million to police station, d case has been dragging for like 6 month now. So yesterday, when I got to station to vent my displeasure about how d case is handling, they boldly told me that I should be patience because is not police job to help someone collect debt, but they are just helping me. Pls police is the house, how true is this? And if is true, won't there be chaos in d land because many people will be taking law to their hands.

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by Lucasinho(m): 9:01am On Jan 05
WrriterNig:
Una dey crase. Which appreciation?

I buy dollar N1260 this morning

No mind the fools...

Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by femi4: 9:01am On Jan 05
VawulentMan:
They celebrate every fractional drop in rate like say dollar don reach ₦200
Don't mind the yeye people. One step forward, 10 steps backwards
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by housepaiinting1(m): 9:06am On Jan 05
Ok
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by qleap2all(m): 9:06am On Jan 05
stop reporting gain or loss of Naira,TCN .... and see Nigeria shaping up
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by ericmor: 9:06am On Jan 05
Please, where is lie Muhammed self?
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by descartes400: 9:08am On Jan 05
I feel happy for every gains the Naira makes against the dollar. And I wish the gains keep increasing.

I don't understand why it's a bad news for some people like they derives massive orgasim for negativism on the well being of the nation.
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by dNortherner(m): 9:14am On Jan 05
damosade:
Celebrating rubbish. One step forward three step back ward.
Toh! That's one of our problems in this country, Walahi.
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by Britishpea: 9:15am On Jan 05
VawulentMan:
They celebrate every fractional drop in rate like say dollar don reach ₦200

Only a product of “legbemole” dilapidated pry and secondary education capped with a weak higher education, either by dropping out of school or by not not attending classes, would make a “supposed” educated person to reason like a toad.
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by homosapien(m): 9:17am On Jan 05
FOOTSOLDIER2:
Drug lord has no positive impact on the economy.

Chicago first class accountant of drug deals grin cheesy

What does a Bimbo understand about the economy?
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by homosapien(m): 9:19am On Jan 05
yahoodetector:

That won't still stop you from crying "Ebi npa waa oo" cheesy grin grin

Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by ufotty2001: 9:28am On Jan 05
Nigeria na cruise ooh.. one step gain ten steps loss..
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by BigDawsNet: 9:34am On Jan 05
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:39am On Jan 05
Initial gragra
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:43am On Jan 05
princeade86:
Sorry to divert the topic. I want to ask about something pls. Is it true that police don't help someone collect debt. Because I took some that owed me close to half a million to police station, d case has been dragging for like 6 month now. So yesterday, when I got to station to vent my displeasure about how d case is handling, they boldly told me that I should be patience because is not police job to help someone collect debt, but they are just helping me. Pls police is the house, how true is this? And if is true, won't there be chaos in d land because many people will be taking law to their hands.
They enforce law. Is there a law about Debt to be enforced? What's the punishment?

Who ever owes you would pay whenever they have the money, they can't go to jail for not paying unless you enter a written agreement with them through a lawyer.
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by bigiyaro(m): 9:50am On Jan 05
SmartyPants:

But should "they" be angry about it?? Are you angry about it? sad
Every sane person with a conscience will be angry with 1 step forward and 10 steps backwards.
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by Birdbyrde440: 9:54am On Jan 05
Beverlyjean:
All because of borrowed 2.5 billion

Yes it might appreciate more for some time.
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by Jayson504(m): 9:59am On Jan 05
This is just a short term gain, it'll dip further down and continue plummeting.
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by meedoLock(m): 10:00am On Jan 05
Thonyboy:

https://.ng/2024/01/05/naira-records-first-gain-in-2024-against-us-dollar-at-forex-market/

Good news! I but my problem is that any positive news in this country never last. But bad news seems to linger on our heads for so long. Why
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by Greenfaces: 10:01am On Jan 05
Guy. E go fall again. So long as we no dey produce
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by SmartyPants(m): 10:01am On Jan 05
bigiyaro:
Every sane person with a conscience will be angry with 1 step forward and 10 steps backwards.

Is it the step forward that should provoke the anger or the 10 steps backwards? You are not a serious person.
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by Calitoscassius(m): 10:16am On Jan 05
SmartyPants:

But should "they" be angry about it?? Are you angry about it? sad
They are celebrating mediorcrity grin the Naira gains %13 you think that should call for celebration? The naira that went from 200 to a dollar to 895 you think people should celebrate? grin

The way some of you think is really inadequate.
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by SmartyPants(m): 10:28am On Jan 05
Calitoscassius:
They are celebrating mediorcrity grin the Naira gains %13 you think that should call for celebration? The naira that went from 200 to a dollar to 895 you think people should celebrate? grin

The way some of you think is really inadequate.

What a silly post. First of all, where exactly was the celebration? This was an ordinary post giving information but some group of persons went into defence mode and preemptively attacked someone unknown group of other persons for supposedly celebrating it. Why are you fighting invisible enemies?

In any case, every minute change whether positive or negative has an immense impact on the man on the street. Even an agbero can understand this. But I know you know it too so let me not address you on the surface because I know what your real issue is.

You are extremely bitter against Nigeria for some perceived wrongs, so the thing that gives you relief from bitterness is when you can look at Nigeria and say look at how badly Nigeria is doing despite the wrong done to me.

Unfortunately, that will never give you the real relief you seek. The sooner you realize this, the better.
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by bigiyaro(m): 10:32am On Jan 05
SmartyPants:

Is it the step forward that should provoke the anger or the 10 steps backwards? You are not a serious person.
Mr serious person, check the rate 6 months ago and compare it now. Empty headed people celebrating rubbish.
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by Calitoscassius(m): 10:38am On Jan 05
SmartyPants:

What a silly post. First of all, where exactly was the celebration? This was an ordinary post giving information but some group of persons went into defence mode and preemptively attacked someone unknown group of other persons for supposedly celebrating it. Why are you fighting invisible enemies?

In any case, every minute change whether positive or negative has an immense impact on the man on the street. Even an agbero can understand this. But I know you know it too so let me not address you on the surface because I know what your real issue is.

You are extremely bitter against Nigeria for some perceived wrongs, so the thing that gives you relief from bitterness is when you can look at Nigeria and say look at how badly Nigeria is doing despite the wrong done to me.

Unfortunately, that will never give you the real relief you seek. The sooner you realize this, the better.
grin grin grin This guy has gone on a long sentimental and emotional meltdown. He thinks an economy is run by feelings.

Yes, you are right i am bitter, i am bitter that the cement i used to buy for 2000 naira is now 5500 (that is if you have ever bought a bag of cement) angry and that is just one example. If you are not bitter about the high cost of commodities in Liegeria then as i ve said earlier you are inadequate. grin

He even thinks he knows me. grin grin
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by SmartyPants(m): 10:42am On Jan 05
bigiyaro:
Mr serious person, check the rate 6 months ago and compare it now. Empty headed people celebrating rubbish.

So logically if it takes a step back towards the rate it was the 6 months ago your reaction is to be angry and you think you're making sense?

A country whose citizens are pained by progress. What a sad state of affairs!
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by SmartyPants(m): 10:43am On Jan 05
Calitoscassius:
grin grin grin This guy has gone on long sentimental and emotional meltdown. He thinks an economy is run by feelings.

Yes, you are right i am bitter, i am bitter that the cement i used to buy for 2000 naira is now 5500 (that is if you have ever bought a bag of cement) angry and that is just one example. If you are not bitter about the high cost of comodities in Ligeria then as i ve said earlier you are indequate. grin

He even thinks he knows me. grin grin

You are bitter about high costs but angry that the main factor driving the high costs is trending downwards. Who are you fooling but yourself?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos International Trade Fair Reopened After Sudden Closure / Sunti Sugar To Retain All 2,400 Staff Despite COVID-19 Challenges / A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.