Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 (19584 Views)

FOREX: Naira Appreciates Against Dollar, Gains ₦‎80 / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by unitysheart(m): 10:47am On Jan 05
Itiskdg121:
Mtchewww
APC should please return it to 187 Naira.
A yoruba proverb says "If you can't help my situation, at least return me to the way you met me". Ogun bo le gbemi, fimi sile si bo se bami

Oosa bo o le gbe mi, se mi bo o se ba mi.

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by Calitoscassius(m): 10:53am On Jan 05
SmartyPants:

You are bitter about high costs but angry that the main factor driving the high costs is trending downwards. Who are you fooling but yourself?
Trending downwards?. grin grin from 200 to 895, from 2000 per bag or cement to 5500 is what you call trending downwards? How and why did it trend upwards in the first place?

I bought 300 bags of cement at 5500 last week and it is
still the same 5500 this morning, you come on here with no first hand or personal experiences to argue based on rhetorics, feelings and sentiments. You are clearly are hopeless.
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by Nextt: 11:02am On Jan 05
VawulentMan:
They celebrate every fractional drop in rate like say dollar don reach ₦200

asin eh. they celebrate micro organism gain 🤣
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by SmartyPants(m): 11:07am On Jan 05
Calitoscassius:
Trending downwards?. grin grin from 200 to 895, from 2000 per bag or cement to 5500 is what you call trending downwards? Who and why did it trend upwards in the first place?

I bought 300 bags of cement 5500 last week and it is
still the same 5500 this morning, you come on here with no first hand or personal experiences to argue based on rhetorics, feelings and sentiments. You are clearly are hopeless.

I've said it all. Deal with the real issues bothering you and stop lashing out at innocent Nigeria.
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by Calitoscassius(m): 11:21am On Jan 05
SmartyPants:

I've said it all. Deal with the real issues bothering you and stop lashing out at innocent Nigeria.
I am not surprised, more nonesense, grin you have not said anything reasonable, all you have are emotional, sentimental and rhetorical crap, you have no clue on what reality is about, i don't blame you co's your life is based on Nairaland false news and rhetorics. I actually envy your denial and adamant ignorance on what the real situations are in Liegeria. Fortunately for me i cannot think like you, because as i said i have first hand experience of how things went from good to worst in Liegeria. One more example. I used to fly locally from Abuja to Enugu for 50,000 naira one way, today the fare price is 3 times higher than it was. And all you have is i am bitter and lashing out at innocent Naigeria. grin grin who is innocent Naigeria? What does innocent Naigeria mean?

This guy is a morron! He still thinks he know me weirdo!
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by SmartyPants(m): 11:25am On Jan 05
Calitoscassius:
I am not surprised, more nonesense, grin you have not said anything reasonable, all you have are emotional, sentimental and rhetorical crap, you have no clue on what reality is about, i don't blame you co's your life is based on Nairaland false news and rhetorics. I actually envy your denial and adamant ignorance on what the real situations are in Liegeria. Fortunately for me i cannot think like you, because as i said i have first hand experience of how things went from good to worst in Liegeria. One more example. I used to fly locally from Abuja to Enugu for 50,000 naira one way, today the fare price is 3 times higher than it was. And all you have is i am bitter and lashing out at innocent Naigeria. grin grin who is innocent Naigeria? What does innocent Naigeria mean?

This guy is a morron! He still thinks he know me.

So if the naira strengthens won't airfare come down? instead of expressing positive sentiments or keeping silent, a group of you are apparently upset that the naira has gained a little. Is that not cognitive dissonance?

Anyway like I said, I genuinely understand where you're coming from. It's okay. You'll be fine!
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by Udoboss(m): 11:42am On Jan 05
princeade86:
Sorry to divert the topic. I want to ask about something pls. Is it true that police don't help someone collect debt. Because I took some that owed me close to half a million to police station, d case has been dragging for like 6 month now. So yesterday, when I got to station to vent my displeasure about how d case is handling, they boldly told me that I should be patience because is not police job to help someone collect debt, but they are just helping me. Pls police is the house, how true is this? And if is true, won't there be chaos in d land because many people will be taking law to their hands.

Yes.. debt ain't a crime

What they'll do is make the person sign undertaking that's all..

If the person fails nothing will be done...Even if you press charges its same thing ...The court will ask how much the person intend to pay....If the person says N20,000 monthly the court can't force the person to increase it.

They will just try to help nudge the person to do better..but if he insists on that amount...nothing will happen

That's why bank take signed collaterals
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by Calitoscassius(m): 11:45am On Jan 05
SmartyPants:

So if the naira strengthens won't airfare come down? instead of expressing positive sentiments or keeping silent, a group of you are apparently upset that the naira has gained a little. Is that not cognitive dissonance?

Anyway like I said, I genuinely understand where you're coming from. It's okay. You'll be fine!
More rubbish, grin you still don't get it, the air fares hasn't come down atall! Nothing has! even with the %13 so called gains. Come join us in the real world! not hide under your bed in your small tiny dark room and commentting on Nairaland.

Again, i ask you, how and why did naira went from 200 naira to a doller to 895 to a dollar? If you claim to be smart.

You have no idea obviously, What is okay?
Ofcourse, i will be fine, i am the one who can afford a 150000 naira air fares and 5500 bag of cement. What about you? And the others who cannot afford it? grin
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by SmartyPants(m): 11:49am On Jan 05
Calitoscassius:
More rubbish, grin you still don't get it, the air fares hasn't come down atall! Nothing has! even with the %13 so called gains. Come join us in the real world! not hide under your bed in your small tiny dark room and commentting on Nairaland.

You have no idea obviously, What is okay?
Ofcourse, i will be fine, i am the one who can afford a 150000 naira air fares and 5500 bag of cement. What about you? And the others who cannot afford it? grin

So the airfare will come down overnight or what are you saying?

I'm not even sure the new naira rate will stay this low. It may even go back up and i would have thought that would have been a reasonable criticism.

But what we are addressing here is that thing that nakes you angry whenever something good happens in Nigeria.

You know the feeling i'm talking about.
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by Calitoscassius(m): 12:04pm On Jan 05
SmartyPants:

So the airfare will come down overnight or what are you saying?

I'm not even sure the new naira rate will stay this low. It may even go back up and i would have thought that would have been a reasonable criticism.

But what we are addressing here is that thing that nakes you angry whenever something good happens in Nigeria.

You know the feeling i'm talking about.
Why should it not come down overnight? If it didn't come down overnight why then are you celebrating today? What exactly are you celebrating?

When did i tell you that i am angry? What i hate are false news and rhetorics. Nothing good happens in Naigeria, the corrupt thieving Naigerian politicians are busy paying false news media to make fools like you think something good is happening while in real life things are actually worst. Tell me the good thing that happened in Naigeria and how it has helped YOU financially or IMPROVED your life personally

What feeling?
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by SmartyPants(m): 12:10pm On Jan 05
Calitoscassius:
Why should it not come down overnight? If it didn't come down overnight why then are you celebrating today? What exactly are you celebrating?

When did i tell you that i am angry? What i hate are false news and rhetorics. Nothing good happens in Naigeria, the corrupt thieving Naigerian politicians are busy paying false news media to make fools like you think something good is happening while in real life things are actually worst. Tell me the good thing that happened in Naigeria and how it has helped YOU financially or IMPROVED your life personally

What feeling?

Lol. Prices can't go down overnight because big businesses don't buy stock from day to day. The stock of fuel that will sustain operations will have been bought weeks or months ago, thus any change in costs can only affect future prices. Isn't that common sense?

At the bolded, though, little by little you are showing the bitterness I'm talking about. What has driven you to deface the word Nigeria if not innate bitterness? You can only pretend but I know what your issue is and you know that I know.
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:16pm On Jan 05
MORE EXPORTS AND MORE LOANS AND MORE INVESTMENT WILL DO IT. grin
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:19pm On Jan 05
PARADIZEPRIEST:
MORE EXPORTS AND MORE LOANS AND MORE INVESTMENT WILL DO IT. grin

CHINA IS NAIJA LARGEST TRADE PARNER.THE FEDERAL GOVT STOPS PAYING CHINA IN DOLLARS AND USE YAUN TO PAY THEM, AND DOLLAR TO NAIRA WILL CRASH YAKATA TO N400/$.
I PITY THOSE OF YOU HOARDING DOLLARS. grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by Calitoscassius(m): 12:22pm On Jan 05
SmartyPants:

Lol. Prices can't go down overnight because big businesses don't buy stock from day to day. The stock of fuel that will sustain operations will have been bought weeks or months ago, thus any change in costs can only affect future prices. Isn't that common sense?

At the bolded, though, little by little you are showing the bitterness I'm talking about. What has driven you to deface the word Nigeria if not innate bitterness? You can only pretend but I know what your issue is and you know that I know.
So what da fork are you celebrating then?

Bulllshit! Just tell me what good thing happened in Naigeria and how it has improved your life or helped you financially. You are not smart atall!

You know? You sound really creepy thinking that you KNOW me, i have not used the word i know you since you and I are having this argument but you keep repeating that you KNOW me, in your dreams you could never ever know me. So stop with the i know you, even if i am married to your sister you still don't forking know me.

So tell me what good happened in Naigeria and how it has improved your life or the lives of your families? This Naigeria you keep defending with all your might.

More than 100 women i slept with don't even know me,but this guy thinks he know me, maybe he is married to me or slept with me? Even if, he still don't know me.
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by pquaver(m): 12:56pm On Jan 05
VawulentMan:
They celebrate every fractional drop in rate like say dollar don reach ₦200

Exactly as some people jubilate at every fall of the naira and claim to be patriots..

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by chibuking1(m): 1:30pm On Jan 05
Nextt:

asin eh. they celebrate micro organism gain 🤣
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by cool318(m): 2:10pm On Jan 05
What are they celebrating?
Dollar is 1217 today at parallel market.

Doomed is an understatement
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by Konquest: 4:24pm On Jan 05
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by biaframaster200: 5:13pm On Jan 05
yahoodetector:

That won't still stop you from crying "Ebi npa waa oo" cheesy grin grin

Poverty-stricken people have arrived back in Lagos from Jibo land to look for greener pastures in Yoruba land...

Olosho joints are scanty because some people have gone back to the village...now that the refugee has come.back fully.....let the knacking continues.....with 200 naira...Amaka and Ada Puna is in trouble......
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by Gboss247(m): 5:37pm On Jan 05
PARADIZEPRIEST:

CHINA IS NAIJA LARGEST TRADE PARNER.THE FEDERAL GOVT STOPS PAYING CHINA IN DOLLARS AND USE YAUN TO PAY THEM, AND DOLLAR TO NAIRA WILL CRASH YAKATA TO N400/$.
I PITY THOSE OF YOU HOARDING DOLLARS. grin
where will Nigeria gets the yuans to buy Chinese products from?
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by yahoodetector: 8:15pm On Jan 05
biaframaster200:

Poverty-stricken people have arrived back in Lagos from Jibo land to look for greener pastures in Yoruba land...

Olosho joints are scanty because some people have gone back to the village...now that the refugee has come.back fully.....let the knacking continues.....with 200 naira...Amaka and Ada Puna is in trouble......

No na...Igbo ladies don't accept N200 but 200k...they are not like Bimbo and Eniola that will spread leg over N100 kpomo 😂😂

Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by rolams(m): 8:51pm On Jan 05
Borrowing money to push Naira against dollar is not sustainable!
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by biaframaster200: 1:27am On Jan 06
yahoodetector:

No na...Igbo ladies don't accept N200 but 200k...they are not like Bimbo and Eniola that will spread leg over N100 kpomo 😂😂

If you need those Jibo ladies wey dey N200...contact me...I will show you where to Knack till daybreak for N500. Jibo Olosho ladies are reason puna dey cheap for Lagos state...Olosho is not part our tribal culture but Olosho is part of the Jibo people culture...no part of this country wey Olosho joint dey wey you no go see the dominance of Jibo ladies...
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by yahoodetector: 2:40am On Jan 06
biaframaster200:

If you need those Jibo ladies wey dey N200...contact me...I will show you where to Knack till daybreak for N500. Jibo Olosho ladies are reason puna dey cheap for Lagos state...Olosho is not part our tribal culture but Olosho is part of the Jibo people culture...no part of this country wey Olosho joint dey wey you no go see the dominance of Jibo ladies...

But I just showed you pics of nyorubad girls begging for hookup on Facebook. You go explain tire. grin grin cheesy

Nyorubad ladies are here in their droves in Abuja carrying Agbo but giving punna by the side for free.

I dey lash them steady. You go explain tire. cool cool
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by waldigit: 5:29am On Jan 06
Thonyboy:

https://.ng/2024/01/05/naira-records-first-gain-in-2024-against-us-dollar-at-forex-market/
In trading we call that retracement, Naira is under bearish trend. It's only a fundamental economic factors that can take it out of it.
Re: Naira Appreciates By 13.51% To N895.23/$1 by biaframaster200: 8:08am On Jan 06
yahoodetector:

But I just showed you pics of Yoruba girls begging for hookup on Facebook. You go explain tire. grin grin cheesy

Nyorubad ladies are here in their droves in Abuja carrying Agbo but giving punna by the side for free.

I dey lash them steady. You go explain tire. cool cool

Pussy nah free for Enugu as long as those Olosho ladies know that you will take them to.Lagos...dem.go spread their legs Yakata for.you....perhhps.i fit don knack one.of.your siblings unknowingly FOC....self....except most especially if you are from Enugu...and some. of them come to wash plate in food restaurant

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FCTA Bans POS Operators From Residential Areas / Devaluation: IMF Versus Buhari - Henry Boyo / Sunti Sugar To Retain All 2,400 Staff Despite COVID-19 Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.