Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,040 members, 7,821,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House (32267 Views)

Photos Of The Women's Protests At Bokkos / VeryDarkMan Visits Bokkos Village Invaded By Gunmen, Exposes $27,500 Tin Mineral / APC Women Burn Brooms In Yola, Defect To PDP (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by SaturnNick(m): 3:39pm On Jan 05
Ikaeniyan0:
Why did the police arrest members of the community?
For defending their community of course
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by ClearFlair: 3:39pm On Jan 05
What kind of watery reporting is this

Make una dey play
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by Necrophagia: 3:41pm On Jan 05
Traditional ruler na pure pedo
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by Beremx(f): 3:54pm On Jan 05
Larryndelaw:
OR they were the informant to the Terrorist
if they were informants, the women would not be protesting for them to be released
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by geoworldedu: 3:55pm On Jan 05
Righthussle:
When strong and reasonable women are fed up with any system just know that system will never survive.

When I say strong and reasonable women I don't mean those women that accept that the creator of the universe is a male and he has a begotten son and not a daughter.

I mean those rare ones that will tell you boldly that if there is a creator of the universe anywhere, it's must be a woman. Those ones that will never associate themselves with any religion or book that relegates and discriminates against women.
Wow. Our minds are working in tandem. Mama God be praised.
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by Neoteny7: 3:58pm On Jan 05
Ikaeniyan0:
Why did the police arrest members of the community?

Because they started it. The Christmas eve attack was a reprisal. No, I don't support tit-for-tat kind of feuds, but the truth is always buried and only one side of the story is ever told in the media.
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by Timoleon(m): 4:00pm On Jan 05
Neoteny7:

Because they started it. The Christmas eve attack was a reprisal. No, I don't support tit-for-tat kind of feuds, but the truth is always buried and only one side of the story is ever told in the media.

What really happened?
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by Jorussia(m): 4:01pm On Jan 05
Timoleon:

What really happened?
Don't let anybody deceive you plateau state is divided along religious lines.Both Christians and Muslims are guilty of murder in plateau state.

The attacks by Muslims is usually deadly, because of ability to recruit bandits from other states and countries. Jos is the most useless city to reside in Nigeria as an outsider. Go to Jos and see how fvckingly divided the city is.

2 Likes

Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by nairavsdollars(f): 4:01pm On Jan 05
Incomplete news. Which state
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by Lastmankc(m): 4:09pm On Jan 05
Stephench:

Just shut up. Protect community with what? Against AK 47 wielding herdsmen? Enough of your victim blaming
The guy you quoted up there is a mummified agbado zombie
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by mamdanju: 4:12pm On Jan 05
Some of the villages injured in the attack stated that it was their people that attacked them. They spoke their dialect and called them by name before attacking them. the victims in the hospital said they knew their attackers. Why won't the people allow security agents to do their work?

3 Likes

Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by peterboro: 4:13pm On Jan 05
matify83:
Why persecute the bereaved?

You arrest the same people who were attacked on what grounds. That they are insiders in the heinous attack on their own people?

YOU DON'T READ TO UNDERSTAND... BEFORE COMMENTING!

Go back and read what the writer said!
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by treatise: 4:13pm On Jan 05
Righthussle:
When strong and reasonable women are fed up with any system just know that system will never survive.

When I say strong and reasonable women I don't mean those women that accept that the creator of the universe is a male and he has a begotten son and not a daughter.

I mean those rare ones that will tell you boldly that if there is a creator of the universe anywhere, it's must be a woman. Those ones that will never associate themselves with any religion or book that relegates and discriminates against women.
Aba "women" in the riot of 1929
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by Antoeni(m): 4:13pm On Jan 05
67% Of Northern Nigeria Traditional Rulers Are Saboteurs Betrayers , Greedy , And Heartless, it Serves Him Right

1 Like

Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by Neoteny7: 4:17pm On Jan 05
Timoleon:

What really happened?

It's a bit complicated because there's historical animosity.

But for the most recent event, some people in Bokkos killed some fulanis, stole their cows and sold them in Mangu. Some good people in Bokkos, knowing fully well the vicious revenge doctrine of the fulanis, assisted some herders and traced the stolen cows to Mangu, where they fought with the thieves and retrieved the livestock.

According to someone in the security agencies, there was a meeting with people from both sides on how to go about peacefully, but some youth again killed some fulanis, who swore vengeance and then attacked about a week later.

That's as far as I learned from authoritative sources. However, there's also an existing history of the fulanis sometimes ravaging the crops and livelihoods of the natives and attacking them when they complain...also the fulanis suffer theft of their livestock and frequent attacks, so it's difficult to say exactly who's the main culprit in the context of long running confrontations and cycle of violent revenge.

The government doesn't seem to be doing much to end the violence.

Disclaimer: I'm fulani and live in Jos, and i consider all life precious.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by dinachi(m): 4:22pm On Jan 05
Righthussle:

Where did they tell you that they don't believe that Almighty God is a male figure?

Keep decieving yourself.

Anyone who tells you that the creator of the universe is a woman is an agent of marine spirits and the new age, I mean the confused people who cannot define who a woman is.

3 Likes

Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by Iamzik: 4:22pm On Jan 05
TheSPEAKER:
What stops this article from including the State this occured?? Publisher please answer.

This Is plateau state. Bokkos is in plateau
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by Iamzik: 4:24pm On Jan 05
Neoteny7:

But for the most recent event, some people in Bokkos killed some fulanis, stole their cows and sold them in Mangu. Some good people in Bokkos, knowing fully well the vicious revenge doctrine of the fulanis, assisted some herders and traced the stolen cows to Mangu, where they fought with the thieves and retrieved the livestock.

According to someone in the security agencies, there was a meeting with people from both sides on how to go about peacefully, but some youth again killed some fulanis, who swore vengeance and then attacked about a week later.

That's as far as I learned from authoritative sources. However, there's also an existing history of the fulanis sometimes ravaging the crops and livelihoods of the natives and attacking them when they complain...also the fulanis suffer theft of their livestock and frequent attacks, so it's difficult to say exactly who's the main culprit in the context of long running confrontations and cycle of violent revenge.

Let the fulanis build a ranch stop roaming into people's farms
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by Righthussle: 4:27pm On Jan 05
geoworldedu:

Wow. Our minds are working in tandem. Mama God be praised.

Thank you I am a male.
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by Timoleon(m): 4:29pm On Jan 05
Neoteny7:

Thank you for the insight. I'm grateful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by MrHyde: 4:31pm On Jan 05
How is it that the soldiers were able to respond quickly to a protest but could not respond to the massacre?
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by amah4game: 4:32pm On Jan 05
1- Quick to link slow to intercept intel...
2- Always criminals running away with gun shot wounds!
3- Area/communities inaccessible yet invaders could access cause havoc run so fast in an unaccessible terrain that The Nigerian Army/Police/Special Forces backed with All terrain armoured vehicles cannot kill or capture fleeing targets which in some cases they claim fled on foot abandoning their vehicles?
THEY JUST SEAT AND ENJOY BILLIONS IN DEFENCE BUDGETS WITH NOTHING TO SHOW WHEN IT MATTERS! HOW CAN YOU TELL ME THE SECURITY SYSTEM IS NOT BIASED? YET IT IS THE EAST THAT CAN SEE THE MIGHT OF NIGERIAN ARMY? OVER 45 THOUSAND KILLED AND COUNTING!
SO SAD THERE WAS A COUNTRY!
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by khattab02: 4:35pm On Jan 05
I honestly think our Leaders especially the Northern governors and government should take this matter of Banditry, and insecurities as the topmost problem and priority very serious to end all these crises and attacks.

It not pleasant to keep hearing and seeing things like this and little or no effort is done.

These issues has and will continue to impact economic development in these regions and in turn Nigeria as a whole.

For any investment to come, u need to secure life and properties first.

LGA, States government and Federal government, the onus is on u all!!!

1 Like

Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by Emmanuel30a: 4:36pm On Jan 05
Faposky95:

About time...give these women AKs.and see bandits burn.
Sleeping in the comfort of your house and simply think about the palpable fear, apprehension and actual cruelty these people face.....God forbid.
Burn it all down....burn the whole state down.... there's nothing to lose.
Where is the comforts of your own house...? Is the comforts of your own house that place you are wearing and tearing skirts and blowse, that place you are becoming spouse or a spouse?
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by Emmanuel30a: 4:39pm On Jan 05
khattab02:
I honestly think our Leaders especially the Northern governors and government should take this matter of Banditry, and insecurities as the topmost problem and priority very serious to end all these crises and attacks.

It not pleasant to keep hearing and seeing things like this and little or no effort is done.

These issues has and will continue to impact economic development in these regions and in turn Nigeria as a whole.

For any investment to come, u need to secure life and properties first.

LGA, States government and Federal government, the onus is on u all!!!
It's pleasant, ask the ants and or the infant ants that don't wears pant... It is unpleasant to you because you do wears pant... Let me your pant or the colour of/on your pant...
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by geoworldedu: 4:39pm On Jan 05
Righthussle:

Thank you I am a male.
even me i am a male, but i see God as mama instead of papa.
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by Emmanuel30a: 4:40pm On Jan 05
Iamzik:

Let the fulanis build a ranch stop roaming into people's farms
They should goes to Abuja, Abuja should be their next targets...
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by khattab02: 4:41pm On Jan 05
Beremx:
if they were informants, the women would not be protesting for them to be released
u see, these things happen when u have security parastatals that are not proactive and reactive to situations like this. And a dumb government.

To their myopic mindset, the best thing to do is to round everyone and everybody as suspect.

That's foolishness to me

1 Like

Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by Righthussle: 4:42pm On Jan 05
geoworldedu:
even me i am a male, but i see God as mama instead of papa.

Ok. I get.
Re: Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House by SharingIsLife(m): 4:48pm On Jan 05
gbaskiboy:
The motto for this year no gree for anybody don dey manifest
Lol! Who declare am as "the motto of this year" 😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alhassan Strips Taraba APC Office, Retrieves All Donated Furniture / Osinbajo At The 55th Anniversary Of NBA (Pics) / Karo Illo And Wife On A Power Bike In Delta For State Event - See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.