Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense (22534 Views)

Directors Making Me Climb Through Windows – Mercy Aigbe (Photo) / Top Nollywood Movies Of 2018 / Nollywood Movie Goes Wrong As Actors Almost Fought On Set (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by Efilse: 12:28pm On Jan 06
SeaTrade:
lol how do you invest in more distribution channels to expand access to content?
Build more cinemas?lots of existing ones are even empty.
E-channels?you'd still have only your existing market base cos the poor can't afford to waste N1500 for data because you're using an e-channel to serve them movies for N50.
Streaming subscription?again,you need data and a proper TV to do this.Again,the masses can't afford it.
So guess what?irrespective of investment,consumption/sales will cap to similar existing numbers, so why invest more?
So like I said,with Nigeria's large ,poor population,
The 2 segments of the industry will exist concurrently to serve different market demographics,with the asaba players making more turnover/profits/volume more than the lagos aesthetically great,fanfare counterpart.
Numbers is key in business,not emotions.
Mumu.

Oga you're right! Go and run your business this way. I'm sure you'd be a great local success 🤣

2 Likes

Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by thebar: 12:29pm On Jan 06
Necrophagia:

Na Igbo men day sell am for Alaba day count milli

You think say nah that period way unah dey pirate we still dey ?

Nah igbo man get Netflix, cinema or prime?

See as you dey mumu yourself

2 Likes

Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by SeaTrade(m): 12:36pm On Jan 06
Efilse:

Oga you're right! Go and run your business this way. I'm sure you'd be a great local success 🤣
I'm already a success,so I know what I'm saying.
My turnover is really significant, bigger than what you've been screaming about here since as the best thing to have happened after sliced bread.
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by Necrophagia: 12:45pm On Jan 06
thebar:

You think say nah that period way unah dey pirate we still dey ?

Nah igbo man get Netflix, cinema of prime?

See as you dey mumu yourself

Na Igbo people full Asaba wood and it's making money as plenty people day watch am

Board of directors of iroko tv , na Igbo people full there

Most people day still but DVD movie so what's your point??
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by Sucre7: 12:50pm On Jan 06
Alaigbo:
So in essence when Igbo start shouting Igbo amaka on any thread it should be closed down because I don't understand why you igbos are so pained because Yorubas are celebrating their own success.

If you have sense, you would not assume everyone that doesn't agree with whatever rubbish you post is igbo.
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by Efilse: 1:26pm On Jan 06
SeaTrade:
I'm already a success,so I know what I'm saying.
My turnover is really significant, bigger than what you've been screaming about here since as the best thing to have happened after sliced bread.
I'm aware, Mr local businessman🤣
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by gare(f): 1:28pm On Jan 06
Alaigbo:
What as been happening before then, when Igbo shout Igbo amaka it is not tribalism but when Yoruba sing their own praise it is tribalism. Are you people not sick in the head.

Did you ever read the comments before you decided to come fool yourself, you guys can continue your tribal bigotry it's just for a short while.
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by lionshare: 1:36pm On Jan 06
Littlefingerjp:
So #1200 a month is not okay for you,with your supposed idea,if I watch film 15 times a month,that's #1500
Good Point but its alot easier to part with N200 than N1200 right?
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by lionshare: 1:39pm On Jan 06
SeaTrade:
You need Serious data to watch Netflix in the first place,poor masses can't afford that.
Not to talk of devices you'd need to access the Netflix,
Smart TV,WiFi box,data,etc...
It's not the Netflix subscription but associated cost.
So you see,piracy and asaba movies lives on...The 2 industries will exist concurrently,serving different markets grin

I think this is the point I was trying to address with the N50 per movie suggestion; the stakeholders like netflix can partner with the telcos to offer movies for a specific amount per movie data-free. This strategy will take piracy out of business and deliver more revenue for stakeholders which leads to higher quality & more income for everyone in the long run.
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by new2012: 1:46pm On Jan 06
Seun, there was a time nairaland had hardworking moderators, you open such a thread and see lots of deleted posts.

it seems the traffic tribalism and bigotry brings to nairaland is what is keeping the forum alive. Seun, shame on you for your inability to manage your forum leaving it to decay to such an extent that's it snow impossible for you to clean.

1 Like

Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by SeaTrade(m): 1:51pm On Jan 06
lionshare:

I think this is the point I was trying to address with the N50 per movie suggestion; the stakeholders like netflix can partner with the telcos to offer movies for a specific amount per movie data-free. This strategy will take piracy out of business and deliver more revenue for stakeholders which leads to higher quality & more income for everyone in the long run.
Why should a telco do that?what's now in it for them?
Also,you need some certain devices to access Netflix,will the telcos also provide that?Then why?over N50 movie?nah...
You can only take piracy out of business by law enforcement,no other foreseeable way.
What asaba does is the best thing for this market,
Produce as cheap as possible, distribute faster than the pirates and sell at similar price points and move to the next content.
Nothing else.
All these bougee ideas are dead on arrival.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by TemmyT002(m): 2:10pm On Jan 06
Yoruba to the World
All we need is our own country
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by Irony1: 2:39pm On Jan 06
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. Uncouth and insolent as usual.

Nobody buys DVDs and DVD players again. It's now digital streaming and cinema, that's why the earnings can be recorded and tracked. It is obvious you are not on Netflix/Amazon Prime or watch films at the cinemas.

Just Saro The Musicals stage play alone staged at the Muson centre I watched live was a phenomenal success with multiple sets of audience and full packed hall for each set let alone films streamed and shown at cinemas.

The era of buying CDs and DVDs was thriving on piracy and that's why it's now a dying tribe.

Who told you. You are really living in delusion, go and face your freestuffs business. See if truly the era of Cds and Dvds are over these guys in Alaba would have packed up. What it means is that they are making a killing in profits while you are here in nairaland fooling yourself.

1 Like

Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by Irony1: 2:39pm On Jan 06
Alaigbo:
Mechonu !

Again you are not sensible walahi.
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by lionshare: 2:52pm On Jan 06
SeaTrade:
Why should a telco do that?what's now in it for them?
Also,you need some certain devices to access Netflix,will the telcos also provide that?Then why?over N50 movie?nah...
You can only take piracy out of business by law enforcement,no other foreseeable way.
What asaba does is the best thing for this market,
Produce as cheap as possible, distribute faster than the pirates and sell at similar price points and move to the next content.
Nothing else.
All these bougee ideas are dead on arrival.

You can’t take piracy out by law enforcement same way you can’t take out drugs out by law enforcement. The only guaranteed way is to eliminate the demand via reducing the cost of accessing the original films by the people. Why would I want to buy a CD when I can watch same movie for less than the cost of the CD?
Piracy is the reason we’ve many poor actors and actresses who often have to resort to public donations to survive especially when they’ve health challenges. The pirates takes all the money while the movie-makers & actors only gain fame without significant income.

As for the telcos, the guaranteed income stream is enough motivation. Lastly, there’s nothing Bourgeois about the idea because currently Netflix does not charge same price in Nigeria compared to US or UK.
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by BossGerald: 4:25pm On Jan 06
Benwallt:

Nobody send you

Don't be unfortunate
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by Judolisco(m): 4:40pm On Jan 06
haffaze777:
Yoruba to the world.we ain't anybody's mate.
no loud am bros... Dis brothers from d east go vex oh...
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by EmperorCaesar(m): 4:44pm On Jan 06
Irony1:

Your moniker is being marked and it is not hard to retrieve IP address and track you. Until you cool off in prison and the so called Yoruba elites and elders abandon you then your eye will clear.

You are even far more hateful than him

U wanna go all that length just cause of his Moniker when i have seen guys with your exact shape of head from that region using more "Tribal degrading moniker" to shame the SW people
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by haffaze777(m): 7:10pm On Jan 06
Judolisco:
no loud am bros... Dis brothers from d east go vex oh...

U no see as dem cry over comment?

1 Like

Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by haffaze777(m): 7:11pm On Jan 06
Karnice600:

Small Brain

I ain't your fada
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by haffaze777(m): 7:11pm On Jan 06
Dennisochampa:
Na movies una come act for this life?
Don't make it look like it's only Yoruba people that have something to brag about...
Nigeria needs everyone to be up and doing...
Igbo, Benin, Yoruba, everyone...... Hausa, fulani... Every single one needs to be up and doing.....
Make una stop all this Yoruba to the world.... Igbo amaka bull shit

Ogbeni face front
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by Dareal90s(m): 7:11pm On Jan 06
DabuIIIT:

It is politics but everyday you spend your life and existence on here doing Igbo this, Igbo that,I bet that is also ongoing politics..

Hypocrites
Quote where I mentioned Igbo this Yoruba this, if u can't quote it woe betide you and your generation.
Johnweeked12:

And your family name is what again?? grin grin grin

Worry about your family first.
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by haffaze777(m): 7:12pm On Jan 06
bewla:
Pipe down
they never seen nothing
Then go see something

Wait till Lagos get it's capital

gringrin

1 Like

Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by Dennisochampa: 7:16pm On Jan 06
haffaze777:

Ogbeni face front
Ok... Dey back then
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by BeanmanX(m): 7:24pm On Jan 06
Tribalistic thread
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by haffaze777(m): 7:28pm On Jan 06
ucheuzor1:

Ode na there Dem dey see you. What have you contributed to the Yoruba nation other than being here opening your big mouth on nairaland.

Baba e ni ode
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by haffaze777(m): 7:29pm On Jan 06
Necrophagia:

Na Igbo men day sell am for Alaba day count milli

See thinkinggrin which kind analog thinking be dis for alaigbo
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by GABRIEL6036: 7:48pm On Jan 06
What a ground breaking 👏
Re: Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense by Irony1: 8:11pm On Jan 06
EmperorCaesar:

You are even far more hateful than him

U wanna go all that length just cause of his Moniker when i have seen guys with your exact shape of head from that region using more "Tribal degrading moniker" to shame the SW people

You didn't show sense in this your comment. In my response to your fellow unfortunate tribalist I only warned him I didn't degrade any tribe, but alas you are not smart enough to see it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"76" Movie: Rita Dominic,Ramsey Nouah, Ibinabo Fiberesima, Chidi Mokeme Staring / AMAA 2019 Nominees, Nomination List: 'King Of Boys’, ‘The Delivery Boy’ Lead / Forget Wahala: 5 Things You Need To Know About BBNaija 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.